PDA

View Full Version : Sinton vs. Rice Consolidated

sinton66
09-08-2002, 11:12 PM
I've looked at this one, and think Sinton will be a little stronger next week. I'm going with Sinton by 10. Anybody else?

------------------
http://www.cosmosmith.com/images/pirates/jollyro5.gif

Chris Hart
09-08-2002, 11:18 PM
I'll take Sinton by 13!

Specklebelly
09-08-2002, 11:38 PM
Im not one of these blind fans who always takes my team regardless of who they are playing. That said, Sinton should be far too experienced for us to keep up with for 4 quarters. Talent wise, I honestly do not think Sinton is that far ahead of the Raiders but they are light years ahead in game experience. That is certainly worth something. We will make some plays but Sinton will throw some looks at our young defense that Im sure many of the kids have never seen playing mainly JV football. Rice has weaknesses (that I will keep to myself) and I think Sinton will exploit them. Ill take Sinton by 14, but I really hope Im wrong. I am curious though to see just how fast a few of our kids are on that turf. I guarantee our RB's will make some pretty nasty runs on that turf. This game will really give us an opportunity to see where we are against one of the best 3A teams the state has to offer.

J.E.C.-MP
09-08-2002, 11:46 PM
Two really good teams.....

SINTON 28
RICE 14

sinton66
09-09-2002, 12:11 AM
We appreciate your comments guys, but we're still trying to gel. Last year we had 14 coaches, this year we have nine, we have a new O line that saw action in the fourth quarter in nearly every one of our games last year, but NOT with the first string skill players. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see a two touch advantage just yet. And Rice, I promise, you will LOVE that field!!

SintonFan
09-09-2002, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Specklebelly:
Im not one of these blind fans who always takes my team regardless of who they are playing. That said, Sinton should be far too experienced for us to keep up with for 4 quarters. Talent wise, I honestly do not think Sinton is that far ahead of the Raiders but they are light years ahead in game experience. That is certainly worth something. We will make some plays but Sinton will throw some looks at our young defense that Im sure many of the kids have never seen playing mainly JV football. Rice has weaknesses (that I will keep to myself) and I think Sinton will exploit them. Ill take Sinton by 14, but I really hope Im wrong. I am curious though to see just how fast a few of our kids are on that turf. I guarantee our RB's will make some pretty nasty runs on that turf. This game will really give us an opportunity to see where we are against one of the best 3A teams the state has to offer.

Great post Specklebelly! I know that this game will be better than most people give it credit for. Good luck Rice!

2a88
09-09-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by sinton66:
We appreciate your comments guys, but we're still trying to gel. Last year we had 14 coaches, this year we have nine, we have a new O line that saw action in the fourth quarter in nearly every one of our games last year, but NOT with the first string skill players. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see a two touch advantage just yet. And Rice, I promise, you will LOVE that field!!

Sinton only has one fewer football coach than last year. We are running the same offense and defense, and the coordinators are the same. Three assistants and the head coach left. We just have some kids without a lot of varsity experience in key roles right now. These guys are very talented, but they are just taking a while to get used to their new roles. Hopefully, these kids will step up and lead us all the way.

Raider4ever
09-09-2002, 03:29 PM
mMmMMm ima take rice 27-21 and its gona come down to the last few plays in 4th quarter. Anyways Good day!

------------------
http://members.hometown.aol.com/raider4ever5/myhomepage/raidersrule.gif

footballgal
09-09-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by sinton66:
I've looked at this one, and think Sinton will be a little stronger next week. I'm going with Sinton by 10. Anybody else?

I don't know anything about Rice...and so I won't give any score predictions, but I will definitely go with the Top 10 rated Sinton Pirates.

By the way Sinton66, that flag looks totally cool!

footballgal
09-09-2002, 03:49 PM
aaahh chinchinas... double take again!

[This message has been edited by footballgal (edited September 09, 2002).]

eye of the tiger
09-09-2002, 04:59 PM
I have been a Rice fan for a few years, but Sinton way too tough this year for the Raiders. Sinton by a couple of touchdowns.

sinton66
09-09-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by 2a88:
Sinton only has one fewer football coach than last year. We are running the same offense and defense, and the coordinators are the same. Three assistants and the head coach left. We just have some kids without a lot of varsity experience in key roles right now. These guys are very talented, but they are just taking a while to get used to their new roles. Hopefully, these kids will step up and lead us all the way.

Well, to be honest we heard that six left and Mitchell brought in only a strength coach, which would have left a net five leaving, however, i believe some of those were Jr. High coaches. Thanks for the update.
And welcome to the board 2a88.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited September 09, 2002).]

sinfan75
09-09-2002, 07:42 PM
I tell ya what I hate pickin against my home team!RC by seven.

whtfbplaya
09-09-2002, 08:52 PM
Sinton by 21 -- Rice graduated!

huthut
09-09-2002, 09:57 PM
good luck to coach roark and his staff

SintonFan_inAustin
09-09-2002, 10:04 PM
sinton by 28 or more

But i could be wrong again just hoping this is the week pirates start to click in all areas thru the whole game. nothing against the first 2 opp. but sinton has not played a good game, but just good enough to win.

OrangeBlood
09-09-2002, 11:00 PM
Is this going to be a 2 year series between the schools? I believe Sinton may have a little much for Rice this season....but if they are in fact playing next year, that might be a different story. If Rice's coaching staff stays in tact, with the players they will be returning, a State Title in 03 could be possible.

sinfan75
09-10-2002, 04:23 AM
Pretty sure it's a 2 game series with both games bein played in Victoria.

SINTON81
09-10-2002, 08:08 AM
SINTON BY 14, I DON'T THINK RICE WILL MOVE THE BALL ON US LIKE G-P DID.

Pudlugger
09-10-2002, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by SINTON81:
SINTON BY 14, I DON'T THINK RICE WILL MOVE THE BALL ON US LIKE G-P DID.

I don't know that much about Rice but they have been impressive this past season as has Sinton of course. Rice whooped a big Cuero team last week so they can play some good football. That being said, I have to give Sinton the nod by 7 but wouldn't be too shocked if Rice pulled off an upset here. Either way look for an exciting game.

[This message has been edited by Pudlugger (edited September 10, 2002).]

maroonpunt
09-10-2002, 11:07 AM
I will take da pirates by 3. A jerry fieldgoal to win it. It will be a low scoring game, sinton and rice have good defenses. With the loss of #75 for sinton, that could cause some problems on the line. They hired the guy from SA to replace coach Davis, Coach Y came back to take over for Coach Smith, they hired the guy that used to be at mathis for Coach Glendenning, the guy from AP to coach softball, they had to move up coaches to fill the varsity slots that were vacated. So they didnt get any additional varsity coaches except one. To clear it up for everyone.

Raider4ever
09-10-2002, 09:12 PM
I'm so ready for this game. I ready to prove to all you na sayers picking them over us. But anyways We will see! anyways good day!

------------------

sinton66
09-10-2002, 09:15 PM
Good luck to you Raider4ever, here's praying for a great injury-free game!

sinton66
09-11-2002, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by maroonpunt:
I will take da pirates by 3. A jerry fieldgoal to win it. It will be a low scoring game, sinton and rice have good defenses. With the loss of #75 for sinton, that could cause some problems on the line. They hired the guy from SA to replace coach Davis, Coach Y came back to take over for Coach Smith, they hired the guy that used to be at mathis for Coach Glendenning, the guy from AP to coach softball, they had to move up coaches to fill the varsity slots that were vacated. So they didnt get any additional varsity coaches except one. To clear it up for everyone.

The guy from Mathis? Would that be coach Goynes?

Raider4ever
09-11-2002, 03:59 PM
Well crap =/ One of are best players Just pulled a hamstring during practice. Not really sure how he did it or what he was doing but he did. But look for #18 not suited up thats one lucky thing that has a go for sinton =/

------------------

o'cowboy
09-11-2002, 04:14 PM
Should be a good one, with a playoff atmosphere! I thought that Rice had lost a lot of last years team, but seem to be strong again this year. Go Raiders!!

sinton66
09-11-2002, 07:01 PM
Unfortunately we're in kinda the same boat. We lost our center, Raymond Lozano, for the season in last weeks game with GP. He was the only returning starter on the offensive line. Sorry to hear about your guy. Hope he gets better soon.

Originally posted by Raider4ever:
Well crap =/ One of are best players Just pulled a hamstring during practice. Not really sure how he did it or what he was doing but he did. But look for #18 not suited up thats one lucky thing that has a go for sinton =/

SINTON81
09-11-2002, 09:59 PM
SINTON66, I THINK RAYMOND LOZANO WAS ALSO STARTING ON DEFENSE. A FRIEND WITH A SON ON THE TEAM TOLD ME HE ALSO STARTED ON DEFENSE.

sinton66
09-11-2002, 10:15 PM
Thanks 81, that makes sense, and actually did think it, but wasn't sure, so didn't say so.

Raider4ever
09-11-2002, 10:22 PM
Welp hope your guy gets better to. Kind of crappy the way good player get hurt, when the good games come. =/

------------------

pirate99
09-11-2002, 10:40 PM
i gotta hand it to rice they have great team speed and i know that posses a problem for big slow cuero, but sinton is far from slow. The turf will play a major part in this game. With sinton's alwesome speed at the skill areas its gonna be hard for rice to contain them. Julian Ruiz is a hard nosed football player and so is Bubba Heard if he lowers his shoulder and actually runs through someone, With Alaniz at quaterback and with Brandon Salone at reciever he is almost never gonna miss. Chance Schmidt Big Curt Jones Jerry Jurach and Kenny Salone will certainly hold up thier end of the STICK on defense. The pirates need to actually hit someone though two sticks isnt enough for varsity football arm tackling is for peewees so bring the wood pirates. Good Luck to rice and to the pirates cuz this is gonna be a hell of a battle and speed will decide the outcome of this game. But remember a few names.....Alaniz Ruiz Heard Salone.....cuz the back of thier jerseys are gonna be the last thing u see. GO PIRATES

candido32
09-11-2002, 11:28 PM
my understanding is that sinton is your best bet in region 4 on paper. the pirates will not be truly tested until they get into the playoffs because they are in such a mediocre district. by the way, any info on the bulldogs from somerset.

candido32
09-11-2002, 11:29 PM
my understanding is that sinton is your best bet in region 4 on paper. the pirates will not be truly tested until they get into the playoffs because they are in such a mediocre district. by the way, any info on the bulldogs from somerset.

candido32
09-11-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by candido32:

sinton66
09-12-2002, 07:35 AM

Mediocre district? What makes you say that? Where were you last year when our #3 was playing La Grange in the late rounds? Are you basing this opinion on the fact that Sinton and West Oso were the only winners in our district last week? If so, I suggest you take a CLOSE look at who the others were playing. Mathis got thumped by a top ranked 2A. AP got beat by an up and coming 4A.
I'm not saying it's the strongest district by any stretch, but I don't think of it as mediocre. I expect a tough test from Rice this Friday.

candido32
09-12-2002, 08:37 AM
that's exactly what am saying. pirates will be tested maybe this friday by Rice Consolidated. other than that,sinton will cruise through district play. As for knowing about football in the coastal bend area,i am originally from s.tx/coastal bend area.pirates will cruise until they have to play until teams from san antonio area.

duckbutter
09-12-2002, 08:38 AM
Rice by 3.

SintonFan
09-12-2002, 10:43 AM
that's exactly what am saying. pirates will be tested maybe this friday by Rice Consolidated. other than that,sinton will cruise through district play. As for knowing about football in the coastal bend area,i am originally from s.tx/coastal bend area.pirates will cruise until they have to play until teams from san antonio area.

Don't forget Cuero. You might think Sinton will blow them out but they will give Sinton a good game too. I think that Cuero might consider this a little bit of a rivalry and come highly motivated. That's why I said in another post that the Sinton-Cuero game should be closer than the Rice-Cuero game. Besides, Rice might just be that good. That game this friday is gonna be a good one!

sinton66
09-12-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75:
I tell ya what I hate pickin against my home team!RC by seven.

Somebody needs a spankin! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif jus kiddin' buddy!

pirate99
09-12-2002, 08:55 PM
so wuts the deal? i ask u one question...do u think sinton can do wut they did last year or go further. I think they can. GP that was luck if u ask me. Im not tryin to diss my team or anything but i speak the truth. Yes the pirates out scored their opponents and yes they stripped the ball when they needed to but if the gp wildcats would spend more time working on carrying the rock and quit spending most of their time trying to figure out who they r gonna play next then maybe sinton's win would of been a big "L". Pirates i gotta hand it to u u put up a hell of a fight and scored a "W" but take it from me if u play like that against rice u will be 2 and 1. Wut i think the pirates need is a leader that can step it up on both sides of the ball. They have many leaders on the either side of the ball but thats it. Julian Ruiz is a great canidate and so is Jurach they both play significant roles on both sides of the ball. Brandon Salone does too and maybe he should draw the sword. NO MATTER WUT HAPPENS SOMETHING HAS TO HAPPEN Rice will not lay down for the pirates and they need to realize that. Yes experience is on their side but who cares, preseason doesnt mean a thing but rankings will matter if the pirates go down. BUBBA HEARD THIS IS TO U wake up we need u ur speed is untouchable no one can contain u and u know it u bench 310 and with that 4'3 speed u r unstoppable. Julian ruiz has ur speed but hes apsent in the strength field. He still punks u in power running. Do me a favor and juke after u put a stick on their defense. And to Adrian Alaniz u got two recievers that i can tell, Brandon Salone (the play maker) and Julian Ruiz (the heart of the pirates)if u dont see them open round that corner and use ur speed as well. U have been doing a good job lately but im gonna tell u ....u should have 1500 passing yards with Brandon with 800 and Julian with 600 of course i gotta give 100 to Jurach cant forget him. But ur other 1000 should be rushing. To Brandon Salone, to me it looks like fear is not a part of ur playing style and thats good i know u can jump and u r stretchy with ur catching ability and ur hopps u and adrian alaniz may join Craig Jones in d-1 football...and mark my words u will be unstopable if yall hook up more often. Julian Ruiz u can also be a power in d-2 play cuz u play d-1 football but ur size isnt all that but do wut u do and step it up a knotch cuz without u this team might not be all that. And to the Defense step it up i heard that 18 isnt playing but dont mind that if he does play the way yall have been playing he WILL be a thorn in ur side. Kenny Curt Chance Jerry Elias and all u others sinton "d" is known for hits fatal blows so lets send a message to texas this week. And big ray ray lozano we need u playa.. we got a good o line and yes they will improve and eventually be the best in texas but we want u to be a part of it. Without ur leadership they wouldnt have made it as far along as they did. U r a true leader. We'll miss u. GO PIRATES i will be in the stands so score one for me. i think if we come to play the score will be 14-0 victory sinton on top cuz when pirate d comes to play bones come crashing down and no offense can penetrate their front line. But good luck to Rice and i hope for a good game.

sinton66
09-12-2002, 09:35 PM
pirate99, don't be fooled by anything said by any Sinton fan on this site. Trust me on this. NO ONE has lost any faith whatsoever. We are simply remaining patient and allowing the team time to gel, and trying our best to stay humble.(And we might even be baiting a few too! ssshhh, don't let on)

If there are any Sinton players on this site, I give you my word of honor, we are ALL behind you all the way. Practice hard, stay focused, and take it one game at a time, and stay humble. We will endeavor to do the same. Step up, do what you must, and show everyone what the proud Sinton Pirates are made of! GOOOOOOOOOO Pirates!

pirate99
09-12-2002, 09:39 PM
bubba heard im sorry if i made u mad cuz my friend told me that was harsh but i need u to help the pirates. And jerry jurach u and curt well also go d-1 if u keep it up but jerry willl go for kicking and curt will go for punishing. To clint t i cant spell ur name but put some helmet to pad contact would be nice i know u have the potential i saw u when u were younger ripp em up. And elias rodriguez if u get to the qb lay a stick and quick tryin to grab at him ur big and no one can control ur strength so do wut u do. And last but not least to coach mitchel i know its ur first season and ur doin a good job but let the pirates go full pads and knock some fear out of each other(bubba). oh sorry my bad. im just trying to help u. And to big curt jones do u remember the mathis game.... i led the team with ur intensity that game, lead the pirates all year with the same leadership. And to the tackles on d u r strong and u need to get physical and dont forget to rush in ur lanes. Watch for trickery too. Last but not least o line i know u will dominate cuz yall r the type of players that step up to the plate. Just do everything full speed and nothing can go wrong. Go Pirates.

sinton32
09-12-2002, 10:13 PM
To 99 your responce was correct up to point Bubba Heard is a key to the Pirate O clicking. Instead of tip-toeing through the line he need to put his helmet and shoulder pad down and run over someone. That the biggest problem no one will step up and tell him that.

sinton66
09-12-2002, 10:31 PM
Bubba will step up, I truly believe that. He just needs to decide how far he wants to go. Bust it out if he has to, whatever, just do it!

maroonpunt
09-13-2002, 10:45 AM
I heard he ran over some people in refugio scrimmage, maybe he needs to get back to that mentality. He was a big question mark to start the season, he needs to get his mind right like he did at state track meet and ran an incredible leg(as did Jules) on the mile relay. IF he thinks like that, and he can when he wants, he will be big time. He has to have confidence in himself. Just Do It Baby.

sinton66
09-13-2002, 12:57 PM
Are we ready folks? I am. Gonna be flyin' low to Victoria after work. Best of luck to both for an injury-free game and GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Pirates!!!!!!!

EAGLEBLUE
09-13-2002, 01:25 PM
Good luck tonight to both teams. This sounds like a good match up. It is a shame that we can not all see the many great games played each week. But the great thing about this sight is we have all of you guys & gals to share the highlites with us.

Raider4ever
09-13-2002, 02:06 PM
Im ready for that 2 hour ride to see this beautiful game =) Good luck Guyz and GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

sinton66
09-13-2002, 03:49 PM
You're closer than meeeeeeee! Go Pirates

------------------
http://www.cosmosmith.com/images/pirates/jollyro5.gif