PDA

View Full Version : 3A All State team coming out Wed.

injuredinmelee
12-14-2004, 08:19 AM
Im looking forward to seeing who all is on this team. I think it is impossible to leave Wylies Jared Robertson off of this team.

Anyone else have some favorites they hope make it?

Johnny Moxen
12-14-2004, 04:59 PM
I don't see how Case Keenum (Wylie QB), Tyler Crump (OL) along with Jared Robertson could not be 1st team all state selections. Others from wylie that I feel could be deserving of recognition:
1. Levi Wolfe (Center)
2. Mike Kiger (RB)
3. Josh Poorman (WR/DB)
4. Jared Scott (DB)
5. Austin Sayre (DB)

Of course I am partially biased. I know that others have their favorites and am entitled to them. But I don't think it's just a matter of your "stats", I think other factors that should be considered are wh a team has played and how have they done. I can promise you that Case does not have the numbers that the Decatur QB has, while not taking anything away from the Decatur QB, Case has lead Wylie to a semi-final appearance last year as a Soph and lead Wylie to a State Championship as a JR. I feel that his stats, combined with other factors such as the ones listed above seem to make Case an All-State selection. This same analagy could be done for all of the players I have listed above. Anyways, that just my biased thoughts on the selections prior to their release. To me, All-State selections should be mirror the Heisman type selection.

injuredinmelee
12-14-2004, 05:06 PM
I have to agree esp on Wolfe and Crump. Crump was a force in every game and Wolfe really stepped up as a leader in the playoffs and in district play.

WOLFEMAN 50 SCENT FOR ALL STATE

nutcrackin
12-14-2004, 05:31 PM
1st team LB- Daniel Dodd Gilmer 174 tackles
Honorable mention all state as a junior.... 6'1 200 lbs.. 4.6
12 tackles, 1 int. against Snyder.

pero chato
12-14-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
I don't see how Case Keenum (Wylie QB), Tyler Crump (OL) along with Jared Robertson could not be 1st team all state selections. Others from wylie that I feel could be deserving of recognition:
1. Levi Wolfe (Center)
2. Mike Kiger (RB)
3. Josh Poorman (WR/DB)
4. Jared Scott (DB)
5. Austin Sayre (DB)

Of course I am partially biased. I know that others have their favorites and am entitled to them. But I don't think it's just a matter of your "stats", I think other factors that should be considered are wh a team has played and how have they done. I can promise you that Case does not have the numbers that the Decatur QB has, while not taking anything away from the Decatur QB, Case has lead Wylie to a semi-final appearance last year as a Soph and lead Wylie to a State Championship as a JR. I feel that his stats, combined with other factors such as the ones listed above seem to make Case an All-State selection. This same analagy could be done for all of the players I have listed above. Anyways, that just my biased thoughts on the selections prior to their release. To me, All-State selections should be mirror the Heisman type selection.

I doubt Wylie has any first team selections. I agree with everything you said about factors other than stats should count, but reality is, they don't. The selection process is stat-laden to weed out the intangibles. Certainly the list you have from Wylie is worthy in our biased opinions, but these guys are probably not D1 players. Things like leadership, poise, decision making, etc. just don't count. Maybe we'll get a few on the 2,3 or honorable mention list. Don't get me wrong, I'm very proud of our guys and would love to see them on the first team list. But I suspect they are more proud of that state championship ring than individual honors. If you've seen the all district selections, Snyder, Sweetwater, and Wylie dominated, with Snyder having the most.

lobo12
12-14-2004, 11:17 PM
have any of the all state teams came out yet, if so which ones and where can i find them

Ranger05
12-14-2004, 11:27 PM
Jarrel Brooks from Greenwood should get something for safety

Gilmer Buckeye
12-15-2004, 08:54 AM
If the selection process is "stat-laden," then Manuel Johnson of Gilmer makes all-state QB hands-down.

He has thrown for something like 3,700 yards and 43 TDs. He has completed more than two-thirds of his passes. He has run for close to 1,000 with double-digit TDs on the ground as well. Plus, he has guided his team to a 15-0 record.

oh well
12-15-2004, 10:20 AM
The Gilmer QB should be the player of the year great athlete and leader. He is the best I have seen this year. Not sure If GIlmer might not belong as one of the top team in the Nation.

Macarthur
12-15-2004, 10:38 AM
When exactly will this come out and where?

Hupernikomen
12-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by oh well
The Gilmer QB should be the player of the year great athlete and leader. He is the best I have seen this year. Not sure If GIlmer might not belong as one of the top team in the Nation.

You have got to be kidding...I agree on the QB part, but best teams in the nation...wake up please.

oh well
12-15-2004, 11:08 AM
One of not #1

Hupernikomen
12-15-2004, 11:41 AM
I didn't say #1 either, but you are delusional if you think Gilmer can play with the likes of Tyler Lee, Lufkin, SLC, Katy..etc. etc.

You have the best talent in 3A, but 5A ball is on another plane. I wouldn't have a problem with saying that Gilmer is probably one of the best in the country for a school of its size.

tmac
12-15-2004, 11:44 AM
whos on it?

nutcrackin
12-15-2004, 12:23 PM
what website will the all state team appear on? i can not find it.

District303aPastPlayer
12-15-2004, 01:41 PM
has anyone gotten it yet?

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-15-2004, 03:47 PM
Last year I got it at Dallasnews.com but it was late like 5:00.

LST_Terry
12-15-2004, 04:13 PM
As soon as I get it I will post it at the LST and try to post here

lobo12
12-15-2004, 04:52 PM
can someone post the 1A all state team for me when it comes out please

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-16-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by lobo12
can someone post the 1A all state team for me when it comes out please

Check dallasnews.com

It is out already.