PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite Ben Stiller movie?

AP Panther Fan
12-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Just rented Dodgeball last night and it was pretty good. I liked Zoolander, but I would have to say my favorite was "Meet the Parents" .... haven't seen the sequel yet, but am looking forward to it!:D

pirate44
12-13-2004, 03:00 PM
i think they're all lousy. but then i'm a fan of the classics, so what do i know?:D

AP Panther Fan
12-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i think they're all lousy. but then i'm a fan of the classics, so what do i know?:D

We definitely have different tastes in movies.;)

I have read some of the posts between you and Phil C.....you guys lose me when it comes to the classics.:D

pirate44
12-13-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
We definitely have different tastes in movies.;)

I have read some of the posts between you and Phil C.....you guys lose me when it comes to the classics.:D
it's a curse darn it. im too young to be actin this way!! and ive drug my even younger wife into this mess.:D

pirate4state
12-13-2004, 03:17 PM
I haven't seen Zoolander, but I've seen just about everything else and love all his movies!! Especially There's Something about Mary!! :thumbsup:

Bulldog_12
12-13-2004, 03:22 PM
Mine is still Meet the Parents. I cant wait for Meet the Fockers. I have a feeling it will be funnier than the first.

Keith7
12-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Zoolander is the best

AP Panther Fan
12-13-2004, 03:26 PM
it's a curse darn it. im too young to be actin this way!! and ive drug my even younger wife into this mess.:D

LOL....you know it is funny, in my house (family of 5) everyone tends to like different types of movies.

i.e.

Husband - Older movies that border classic, there are a couple that will probably make me throw up if I have to see them one more time!:D

Son - He tends to like the action movies like the Fast & Furious etc...they make me nervous just watching them.

Girls - Bridget Jones Diary, Mean Girls, Matilda....okay, I admit it, I like these also....

Me - chick flicks like Steel Magnolia's, Fried Green Tomatoes etc....

The one thing we can all sit down and watch together is a good comedy .... otherwise, we are off in our separate directions to watch what interests each of us.

pirate44
12-13-2004, 03:30 PM
wife doesnt care for my movies. she watches the newer stuff and chick flicks. but ill sit and watch hers. ive seen some pretty good ones i normally wouldnt have given a second thought to watching.

NSUTrumpet08
12-13-2004, 03:30 PM
Meet the Parents was great and I want to see the sequal to that movie!

I've yet to see Dodgeball and There's Something About Mary in its entirity.

AP Panther Fan
12-13-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I haven't seen Zoolander, but I've seen just about everything else and love all his movies!! Especially There's Something about Mary!! :thumbsup:

Go rent it and Dodge Ball at the same time....both funny! There was an "old" ...okay, not old but older movie....where he is the director at a fat kids camp.....can't remember the name, but it was funny also.:D

CHS_CG
12-13-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Mine is still Meet the Parents. I cant wait for Meet the Fockers. I have a feeling it will be funnier than the first.

I agree I cant wait to see Meet the Fockers. The dog on the preview is soo cute.. and hes even cuter in all blue hahhahaha!

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-13-2004, 03:44 PM
Meet the parents.

pirate44
12-13-2004, 03:50 PM
Go rent it and Dodge Ball at the same time....both funny! There was an "old" ...okay, not old but older movie....where he is the director at a fat kids camp.....can't remember the name, but it was funny also.:D
i think it was called Heavyweights

AP Panther Fan
12-13-2004, 03:52 PM
i think it was called Heavyweights

:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

crzyjournalist03
12-13-2004, 04:26 PM
Dodgeball is one of my favorite movies of all time...I laugh every time I see a commercial with Patches throwing wrenches.

"Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No, but it's sterile, and I like the taste!"

pirate4state
12-13-2004, 05:00 PM
Go rent it and Dodge Ball at the same time....both funny! There was an "old" ...okay, not old but older movie....where he is the director at a fat kids camp.....can't remember the name, but it was funny also.:D I don't know is Zoolander reallythat funny?? I've already seen Dodge Ball -- LOVED IT!!! LMAO!! "Nobody makes me bleed my own blood!" :D :D

Starsky & Hutch was good too!! :) I'll look into Heavyweights.

NSUTrumpet08
12-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Go rent it and Dodge Ball at the same time....both funny! There was an "old" ...okay, not old but older movie....where he is the director at a fat kids camp.....can't remember the name, but it was funny also

Yeah it was Heavyweights! I remember watching that movie...places like that give me chills...lol...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000089778.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-13-2004, 06:15 PM
stiller had a brief role in anchorman, and that movie makes me laugh everytime i see it. its great.

honeymd
12-13-2004, 06:34 PM
Meeting The Parents...I still laugh when I think of some of the scenes ie: the airport. Can't wait to see the Fockers!

Dodgeball was funny, but not as good as Meet The Parents.

GreenGobbla
12-13-2004, 07:46 PM
Meet the Parents and Dodgeball are my favorite movies that Ben Stiller is in, also heavyweights was good, but i like the other 2 better

JHS_c/o_06'
12-13-2004, 08:16 PM
Zoolander is the best Stiller movie, but his bit in Anchorman was hilarious......i saw anchorman 5 times with the same people and i laughed just as hard each time. After watching it the first time, when i woke up the next morning, my chest hurt. Anchorman is the funniest movie i've ever seen in my life. And now there coming out with the dvd with an extra dvd attached to it, with a WHOLE nother movie, 1:45 min of new stuff. I cant wait!

You Stay Classey 3A Downlow. :D

PPHSfan
12-13-2004, 08:16 PM
http://img51.exs.cx/img51/8158/zoolander5uo.jpg

JHS_c/o_06'
12-13-2004, 08:31 PM
Chick: ".....then after that....i became....bulimic...."
Zoolander: " (gasps).....you can read minds?"

classic!

superslyguy06
12-13-2004, 09:20 PM
zoolander for sure.

"That Hansel, he's so hot right now."-Hansel

superslyguy06
12-13-2004, 09:21 PM
thats Mugatu that says that. ^

MagicMan
12-13-2004, 09:21 PM
the movie about the tinnenbaums or something

rockdale80
12-13-2004, 09:23 PM
have to agree on Zoolander here. None are funnier.....and you talk about Anchorman, thougth that was really funny, but the funniest movie I have seen in awhile was "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle."