PDA

View Full Version : Jasper/Gilmer Meet and Greet

Bulldog_12
12-13-2004, 02:46 PM
Ok guys. Two times and places have been brought up as meeting places. We can do either:
1. Halftime at the south end of the stadium by the flagpoles
or
2. After the game under the scoreboard.
Any suggestions are welcome. I will have the shirt so that anyone who hasnt already signed it can. Hope to see everyone there

Manck
12-13-2004, 02:53 PM
I'm voting post game because if I'm calling the game, it's the only way I could make it, and if I'm in the stands, I don't want to lose my seat...halftime's the only time I'll be sitting anyways...

Bulldog_12
12-13-2004, 03:18 PM
ttt

Bellville22
12-13-2004, 03:21 PM
Definately halftime, since alot of the neutral fans like myself may want to jet as soon as the game ends for our 3+ hour trips back home. Also, if it's a blowout, some may take off early.

Plus, what else is there to do at halftime?

Bulldog_12
12-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Ill give this pool until Thursday night at midnight. Ill post the results and where it will be held on Friday morning. That should give everyone who plans on attending, time to vote and plenty of time to check the DL before the game to get the time.

NSUTrumpet08
12-13-2004, 03:27 PM
I'd go with halftime...hopefully there will be chaperone's watching the band's stuff so i can actually go to the meet and greet. I want to sign the shirt dad gum it! This should be fun and exciting game! I can't wait!

TOPS1435
12-13-2004, 03:42 PM
I vote for post game. Manck will be doing play by play on the radio and I will be photographing the majorettes, Buckeye Stars, and other darlings whose moms want souvenir photos. Even under the scoreboard will be pushing it for me, but depending upon how the game comes out I can do that.

Obviously those who think there is nothing to do during halftime did not have a sibling or someone who spent the hours learning how to entertain that some of us did. We like to watch the kids perform then!!! :clap:

Retired Buckeye Band member, six years

JasperDog94
12-13-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by TOPS1435
Obviously those who think there is nothing to do during halftime did not have a sibling or someone who spent the hours learning how to entertain that some of us did. We like to watch the kids perform then!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

JasperDog94
12-13-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by TOPS1435
Retired Buckeye Band member, six years I sincerely hope that you're including middle school years in that number.:p :p

Ranger Mom
12-13-2004, 05:57 PM
Bulldog-12.....you won't be able to accomodate everyone. You are gonna have those that want to do it before the game, some at halftime and some after the game.

Since you are the one with the shirt, you do whatever works for you the best. If you can meet these posters at half-time AND post-game..that's great!

I hope you have, or know someone who has, a digital camera that can snap some pics. If you are able to go to two different "signings" you could get pics of both and that oughta appease all!

Just a suggestion!!:p

Manck
12-13-2004, 05:59 PM
I'll have my digital with me if we do a post game M&G....

Astrosdawg07
12-13-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Manck
I'll have my digital with me if we do a post game M&G....

I will also have mine, and I vote for halftime, reason why?: If we lose, I'm not gonna be in a real good mood after the game:doh:

Ranger Mom
12-13-2004, 08:35 PM
Well there ya have it....we have a camera for halftime and post-game!

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by AChesnut
I will also have mine, and I vote for halftime, reason why?: If we lose, I'm not gonna be in a real good mood after the game:doh:

That's why I voted for half-time. :)

PPHSfan
12-13-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by AChesnut

You might not be in too good a mood at halftime.:eek:

TOPS1435
12-13-2004, 09:01 PM
As implied in the previous post when I ask for after the game, I am a photographer. I too have a digital camera. For the X's and O's types if they want to see some of my work, go to
www.gilmermirror.com
and then go to the youth/sports section. I will be happy to photograph all that are there when I can get there, but I have to make the boss happy 1st.

Oh, and yes, that included Gilmer Junior High band years. Had to drop out my senior year due to scheduling conflicts. That's when I first visited a press box to keep stats. Ah, and I never dreamed then what I will be doing Saturday.......:thinking:

I was there to the chilly end on a very cold Saturday in 1981. I will be there to the end Saturday.

mistanice
12-14-2004, 10:37 PM
I will be taking donations at halftime so I can stop by the beer store after the game.

pirate4state
12-15-2004, 05:06 PM
bump! :D

pinecone
12-15-2004, 05:29 PM
Meet and Greets are only fun if your team isn't playing. Mine will be playing and I will be too nervous at half time, even if we are 40 points ahead, and too knumb after the game. The rest of you
go ahead, anytime you desire to meet is OK with me.

Jody
12-15-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
I will be taking donations at halftime so I can stop by the beer store after the game.

I will bring my contraband...I mean contribution....:D

j_dog
12-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by pinecone
Meet and Greets are only fun if your team isn't playing. Mine will be playing and I will be too nervous at half time, even if we are 40 points ahead, and too knumb after the game. The rest of you
go ahead, anytime you desire to meet is OK with me.
Pinecone, I have a perfect record for the Dogs when I attend a Meet & Greet when we are playing. We have won them all. Helped KV win also. :D So don't worry. :)

LH Panther Mom
12-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Pinecone, I have a perfect record for the Dogs when I attend a Meet & Greet when we are playing. We have won them all. Helped KV win also. :D So don't worry. :)

Oh, great! Now you tell me! :rolleyes: :D

j_dog
12-17-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Oh, great! Now you tell me! :rolleyes: :D
That was not what did LH in. Embracing the Jody Jinx is what did you in! :D

j_dog
12-17-2004, 09:48 PM
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but are the halftime and after game options still on the table? Or is it going to be just one meeting?

Manck
12-17-2004, 09:56 PM
I think that it's both. There's at least three of us that are working (!) during the game, radio, photo, etc. and we wanna hit up the M&G, but we've gotta deal with that. LST_Terry and I were thinking that we could hit up some joint for dinner and drinks after the game if that sounds better to some than staying around the stadium after the game.