PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams aka. Reefer Man

Bubba-Joe
12-13-2004, 02:37 PM
Bubba Joe thinks Ricky Williams is stoned......
This feller would have to be high with some of the things he is saying

A recent article in Esquire magazine by a writer who found him in Australia described him as sharing a joint that was "sturdy enough to prop open a door." Shortly after retiring, he told the Miami Herald that one of the many reasons he quit was that he wanted to smoke marijuana without incurring the wrath of the NFL.

Williams didn't seem bothered that some consider him a druggie who walked out on his team.

"I try not to get too involved in what other people think about me," he said. As for the idea that he quit because he wanted to be free to smoke dope, he laughed. "I think it's funny," he said.

He said he had tested positive for drugs "at least" three times in his career, but didn't know how many games he would have to sit out if he returned.

Is he still using drugs?

"You're assuming I used drugs. When you say drugs, what exactly do you mean?"

Drugs prohibited by the NFL.

"Well, I'm not in the NFL, so what does it matter?"

Keith7
12-13-2004, 02:38 PM
I dont get it?? how do those statements make him seem stoned?

Bubba-Joe
12-13-2004, 02:46 PM
Bubba Joe aint too smart but anybody with that much talent and ability, has got to be stoned or stupid to walk away from his teammates like he did, don't give me no business about the free spirit that he is or that type of crap.
He let his team down.
If the feller wants to smoke dope - he needs to go to jail.
Tell me where it is legal?
I hope he don't get high and hurt somebody, or worse.
Major problem with society today, nobody wants to be held responsible for their actions

Keith7
12-13-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Bubba Joe aint too smart but anybody with that much talent and ability, has got to be stoned or stupid to walk away from his teammates like he did, don't give me no business about the free spirit that he is or that type of crap.
He let his team down.
If the feller wants to smoke dope - he needs to go to jail.
Tell me where it is legal?
I hope he don't get high and hurt somebody, or worse.
Major problem with society today, nobody wants to be held responsible for their actions

He doesnt want to play football anymore.. whats so bad about that??
If you decided you didnt want to raise sheep or pigs anymore wouldnt you like to have the right to stop Bubba-Joe??

And he is smoking Marijuana not Dope.. and Many NFL players have drinking problems, so shouldnt you start thread about how you hope they dont get drunk and hurt somebody because getting drunk is 1000000X more dangerous then getting stoned.. So if you'd like to be fair maybe you should start a thread called "Sean Taylor A.K.A. Drunken Idiot, or Steve McNair aka. Sir Drinks Alot"

Bubba-Joe
12-13-2004, 02:57 PM
You have got to be kidding if you think that somking dope is less dangerous or that drinking is more dangerous
Both impair a person's ability to operate a motor vehicle.
You my friend have been misled by a very liberal media.
Yes drinking is a major problem no doubt
and yes I have in jest made light of this.
Ricky Williams, if he didn't want to play football fine.
Why bale out on his team, he did no doubt
he quit, at the worse possible time.
Marijuana affects judgement long term, RW is living proof

pirate44
12-13-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
He doesnt want to play football anymore.. whats so bad about that??
If you decided you didnt want to raise sheep or pigs anymore wouldnt you like to have the right to stop Bubba-Joe??

And he is smoking Marijuana not Dope.. and Many NFL players have drinking problems, so shouldnt you start thread about how you hope they dont get drunk and hurt somebody because getting drunk is 1000000X more dangerous then getting stoned.. So if you'd like to be fair maybe you should start a thread called "Sean Taylor A.K.A. Drunken Idiot, or Steve McNair aka. Sir Drinks Alot"
out of curiosity, what's the difference between dope and marijuana?

BIGGBROTHER
12-13-2004, 03:03 PM
right like all the players who left there team for more money

of course money isnt illegal

but then again if it wasnt news you wouldnt know about it
like the 95% of players in the NFL that use drugs

Let alone all other sports from the olympics to the washer finals in vegas

a drug is a drug
from caffeine to mary
only caffeine,alcohol and many other "legal" drugs are taxed,regulated,and addictive. Unlike the "weed" in which is why it got its name because it is a "weed" and grows like one
in which why many people got cancer back in the day because of the unharmful "spray" to eliminate the "weed".

keep feedin your kids ritalin,keep taking vioxx,keep voting for the less harmful medications that will eventually kill you
and when they say will stop your runny nose
but may induce viral infections stomach cramps or intestinal bleeding, Go see Dr. Williams for a more life saving remedy

drugs are bad umkay
especially legal ones
me i dont do drugs
you take to many

dope=slang for being dopey or stupid like a bubba
marijuana= cannabis sativa the female species of cannabis
plant

Keith7
12-13-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
out of curiosity, what's the difference between dope and marijuana?

Dope is Speed
Marijuana is pot, mary jane, weed, killa herb, any other slang word u want to use

Keith7
12-13-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
You have got to be kidding if you think that somking dope is less dangerous or that drinking is more dangerous
Both impair a person's ability to operate a motor vehicle.
You my friend have been misled by a very liberal media.
Yes drinking is a major problem no doubt
and yes I have in jest made light of this.
Ricky Williams, if he didn't want to play football fine.
Why bale out on his team, he did no doubt
he quit, at the worse possible time.
Marijuana affects judgement long term, RW is living proof

I think this website with medical proof will prove to you that Marijuana is less harmful then Alcohol or Cigarettes.. Beliefs otherwise would actually come from the liberal media.. No body in media would dare tell the truth that Marijuana is safer then alcohol or cigarettes, so there for you have been brain washed just like the rest of the people..

http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/

**Disclaimer, I in no way encourage the use of Marijuana or any illegal substance but i did a report recently for school about the effects on the body of the three drugs and found the results alarming in that Marijuana is all around safer then Cigarettes and Alcohol.. but that is just what i found

Bullaholic
12-13-2004, 03:43 PM
I think this website with medical proof will prove to you that Marijuana is less harmful then Alcohol or Cigarettes.. Beliefs otherwise would actually come from the liberal media.. No body in media would dare tell the truth that Marijuana is safer then alcohol or cigarettes, so there for you have been brain washed just like the rest of the people..

http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/

**Disclaimer, I in no way encourage the use of Marijuana or any illegal substance but i did a report recently for school about the effects on the body of the three drugs and found the results alarming in that Marijuana is all around safer then Cigarettes and Alcohol.. but that is just what i found

Actually, Keith, I think you would find that the "liberal" media would be more likely to "defend" the less harmful effects of marijuana use than the "conservative" members of the media, who would condemn it's use.

Keith7
12-13-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Actually, Keith, I think you would find that the "liberal" media would be more likely to "defend" the less harmful effects of marijuana use than the "conservative" members of the media, who would condemn it's use.

Yea you are right.. i got it mixed up :doh: :doh:

big daddy russ
12-13-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Actually, Keith, I think you would find that the "liberal" media would be more likely to "defend" the less harmful effects of marijuana use than the "conservative" members of the media, who would condemn it's use. I'm one of the last remaining conservative members of the media and I'd be the first to defend marijuana over alcohol. Just because it's legal doesn't make it safer.

mustang04
12-13-2004, 04:01 PM
keith.....dope is the same as mary-jane

Keith7
12-13-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
keith.....dope is the same as mary-jane

no its not.. go ask a drug dealer for some dope and he'll give u speed, and you'll have to pay a heck load of more money for it

Keith7
12-13-2004, 04:06 PM
look at the definition of "Dope"

dope Audio pronunciation of "dope" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dp)
n.

1. Informal.
1. A narcotic, especially an addictive narcotic.

I hate to break this to you but Marijuana is not addictive

Hupernikomen
12-13-2004, 05:08 PM
dope is an expression for marijuana where I come from. If very well may have changed meanings since I was a teenager but that is what it use to mean. Although, it may not be chemically addicitive as you seem to suggest, I haven't researched that, the high certainly is very addicitive to those who use it on a regular basis. I think you are hard pressed to show that marijuana is "less harmful" than cigarettes. Cigarettes do not impare one's judgement and certainly would not cause near as many accident on our highways if an equal number of people where pot heads as those who are cigarette users now.

Hupernikomen
12-13-2004, 05:11 PM
look at the definition of "Dope"

dope Audio pronunciation of "dope" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dp)
n.

1. Informal.
1. A narcotic, especially an addictive narcotic.

I hate to break this to you but Marijuana is not addictive

notice it did not limit it to addicitive narcotics only. It probably has a lot to do with where one would be living as to what word dope means. Besides I don't know very many dope heads who care what part of speech or the correct usage is of the name of the dope they are taking.

Rabbit'93
12-13-2004, 05:20 PM
Dope can also be used for heroin along with -Smack, junk, horse, or H.

When I think of "dope" I tend to think heroin. Speed(Meth) I think...."crank". Marijuana I think "weed". Cocaine is ..well..."Coke".

Keith sometimes different drugs can have the same slang.

Not that I know from personal experience or anything.:p

Manck
12-13-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Cigarettes do not impare one's judgement and certainly would not cause near as many accident on our highways if an equal number of people where pot heads as those who are cigarette users now.

Take the cigarettes away from a pack a day smoker for the last few years. Tell me that their judgment's not impaired.

Also, marijuana has been proven to have medicinal properties. I'm not going to try to argue for it's legalization, but name one GOOD thing that tobacco smoking does for you.

On that note, I need me a Marlboro.....

Keith7
12-13-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Dope can also be used for heroin along with -Smack, junk, horse, or H.

When I think of "dope" I tend to think heroin. Speed(Meth) I think...."crank". Marijuana I think "weed". Cocaine is ..well..."Coke".

Keith sometimes different drugs can have the same slang.

Not that I know from personal experience or anything.:p

Got ya.. well i have heard those other names, its just where i come from speed or meth is normally called dope thats where i got it from