PDA

View Full Version : Christmas at Bubba Joe's

Bubba-Joe
12-13-2004, 10:56 AM
Bubba Joe and Betty are gettin ready for the Christmas holiday
little Bubba Joe Jr. is very excited about Santa's visit, so is his sister, Betty Jean.

Of course we will be makin our special Christmas sausage mix of wild hog and venison.
Our close friends Dirtroad and Quailkiller will be joining us at the hog killin, and suasage makin.

What are some of the plans the rest of you Downlowers makin for the holidays.

onfirebball05mustang
12-13-2004, 11:30 AM
I'm sleeping, then headed to CC for a few days, coming back and celebrating with the grandparents. It's amazing how many family members want to see me before I head off to college--it's like i'm falling off the earth or something! Then, new years, up all night bowling, laser tag, and movies with our youth group (i'm a sponsor this year-argh!)
Other than that: eat and sleep!:D

Bubba-Joe
12-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Bubba Joe would like to say to onfireball
you are doing good
anyone that works with youth group no matter how old you are
that person is special

onfirebball05mustang
12-13-2004, 11:47 AM
thanks Bubba Joe! They're a handfull, but I love 'em to death!;)

Bubba-Joe
12-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Bubba Joe loves his kids too
sometimes he just wants to hug em this they turn blue and pass out

Naw
Good luck with the Youth group

onfirebball05mustang
12-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Thanks again Bubba Joe, it's funny, the middle schoolers have gotten to the point they call me mom...not sure if that's a good thing, but entertaining none the less!

I wonder what everyone else is doing...:confused:

mustang04
12-13-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by onfirebball05mustang
Thanks again Bubba Joe, it's funny, the middle schoolers have gotten to the point they call me mom...not sure if that's a good thing, but entertaining none the less!

I wonder what everyone else is doing...:confused:

well after my finals this wed. and thursday...im commin home to work, already started a project yesterday, im builing a firewood holder for my mom outta sucker-rod and horse-shoes....i might go bow-hunting for some deer sometime, my dad talked me outta buying a new stereo 3 years ago so i could by a $300.00 bow lol, havent even shot anything w/ it yet guess its time to break it in!

im also going skiing in WolfCreek Colorado for 5 days is early Jan.

Bubba-Joe.....Reggie-Ray here thinks that sounds good, nothing like good smoked sausage from hog and venison....i might have to try it!

Bubba-Joe
12-13-2004, 02:19 PM
Bubba Joe may invite Reggie Ray to join him on a hog hunt over the break
provided he behaves himself and makes good grades at the home of the goats
by the way Bubba Joe want's to know if the fightin Goats have hired a new Goat hearder for the gridiron job yet????

mustang04
12-14-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Bubba Joe may invite Reggie Ray to join him on a hog hunt over the break
provided he behaves himself and makes good grades at the home of the goats
by the way Bubba Joe want's to know if the fightin Goats have hired a new Goat hearder for the gridiron job yet????

the grades are good, no worry about that

Reggie-Ray is uncertain about the coaching situation, but he knows that Angelo State has GREAT football players, but they just had horrible coaching this year

BAAAAAAAAA:D

NSUTrumpet08
12-14-2004, 03:01 PM
After my last final tomorrow, i'll clean my apartment and get everything ready. Thursday i will come back home to Jasper for the Holidays. Saturday i'll go to the championship game against Gilmer. From there, i'll just be spontaneous and hang out with friends and stuff. I hope to have a good Christmas!

AP Panther Fan
12-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
...i might go bow-hunting for some deer sometime, my dad talked me outta buying a new stereo 3 years ago so i could by a $300.00 bow lol, havent even shot anything w/ it yet guess its time to break it in!

Bubba-Joe.....Reggie-Ray here thinks that sounds good, nothing like good smoked sausage from hog and venison....i might have to try it!

Hope Bubba-Joe isn't counting on Reggie-Ray to "bring home the bacon" with his bow!:D :D :D

mustang04
12-14-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Hope Bubba-Joe isn't counting on Reggie-Ray to "bring home the bacon" with his bow!:D :D :D

haha:clap:

AP Panther Fan
12-14-2004, 06:46 PM
My husband and son both have bows...and much like you, they have never killed a thing. I think animals probably tend to feel fairly safe around you guys!:D

mustang04
12-14-2004, 06:53 PM
My husband and son both have bows...and much like you, they have never killed a thing. I think animals probably tend to feel fairly safe around you guys!:D

oh...well i said ive never hunted with it...doesnt mean ive never practiced w/ it!;) :D

AP Panther Fan
12-14-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
oh...well i said ive never hunted with it...doesnt mean ive never practiced w/ it!;) :D

My son every once in awhile will take his out (dust it off) and target shoot also.:D

Did you finish your mom's firewood holder?

mustang04
12-14-2004, 08:28 PM
My son every once in awhile will take his out (dust it off) and target shoot also.:D

Did you finish your mom's firewood holder?

nah....i will thursday when i get home..alot of welding to do, but i used my cutting-torch and got most of the pieces ready, now i just gotta bend, weld, and paint!:)

Ranger Mom
12-14-2004, 08:41 PM
Don't you hate it when the traditions you made start to fall by the wayside??

For the past few years when I wrapped the kids presents, I never put their name on it. Each child had a different "character" on their label. Santa, Rudolph, an elf, etc. So if they shook the gifts, they didn't know which one was theirs.

This year they just want cash. Makes it alot easier on me, but takes some of the fun out of it at the same time!!

CHS_CG
12-14-2004, 08:49 PM
awww.... well this year... just wrap their cash and dont put thier names on it and they wont know which one is theirs... might work

Old No. 7
12-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Bubba Joe and Betty are gettin ready for the Christmas holiday
little Bubba Joe Jr. is very excited about Santa's visit, so is his sister, Betty Jean.

Of course we will be makin our special Christmas sausage mix of wild hog and venison.
Our close friends Dirtroad and Quailkiller will be joining us at the hog killin, and suasage makin.

What are some of the plans the rest of you Downlowers makin for the holidays.

Boy, sounds like my kind of party. :D If i don't work thru the holiday, I may cook a whole hog in the ground. Bubba Joe I hope you enjoy your time with your family. Family time is precious!