PDA

View Full Version : Burnet Crowd Support?Where was it?

Chris Hart
12-07-2003, 04:16 PM
I will be the first to tell you, that I'm proud of the way Burnet's great # of fans travel to the games, and usually stay involved. I would guess Burnet had around 10,000 fans at the Jasper game Sat., which is great. But when Burnet fell behind, I was utterly disappointed in our crowd support. Have my fellow Burnet fans not noticed the HUGE difference in the way our boys play when OUR CROWD is on their feet screaming/cheering etc.? I have and it's ENORMOUS! On Saturday from Burnet's first TD until the last few minutes of the game, I would guess that about 90% of the Burnet crowd was sitting on their hands as quiet as field mice just awaiting the final buzzer. I heard several people behind those in our area that where extremely irritated over the few of us that remained standing. :mad: I think this Sat. I am going to attach a poster to my back that reads 'IF YOU WANT TO SIT, DON"T SIT BEHIND ME!'. I feel if you're so intent on sitting down, then stay at home and listen to the radio, or sit away from the crowd. The team DESERVES our support SUPREMELY! I was SHOCKED at how the majority of Burnet's fans were just willing to zip their lips and sit on their thumbs until Jasper would get deep into our territory and then expect our defense to respond when our fans would rise on the occasional 3rd down or 'big play' with their backs to the wall. The way Burnet plays with a LOUD/ENTHUSIASTIC crowd, if it were that way the ENTIRE TIME our defense is on the field, I think some of the 'sitting field mice' would be surprised how much that filters into ADRENALINE for our defensive players, and how it disrupts opposing offenses. If you're not guilty, this is not for you. But, I'm NOT going to 'SIT and WAIT on our OWN PLAYERS to have to PLEAD FOR MY SUPPORT! I mean come on this is the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP for goodness sakes. Lets's STAND/SCREAM/WHOOP/HOLLER the ENTIRE TIME our DEFENSE is on the field. If you're not planning on standing, then DON'T sit by me, because you will NOT be able to see or hear yourself think. Go Burnet, this is one Burnet fan that will go to war WITH YOU! :mad:

MARLINFAN
12-07-2003, 04:21 PM
well friday nearly both marlin and bellville fans were on their feet the whole fourth otr. in the last 3min if you were there did u see the fan support from the marlin crowd. nearly all of the fans were standing and had migrated down to the last four or five rows of kyle field. on the 4th and 9 play fans were up on the railing of the field chanting and screaming. thats crowd support. it makes players play on a diffrent level

bulldogmom2
12-07-2003, 04:24 PM
Chris, i agree with you 100%. Our guys FEED off our energy. How many people relized that when we(fans) weren't loud they werent PUMPED up. BUT the moment we are yelling our heads off they are kicking some behind!

GOOD LUCK BURNET! PLAY YOUR HEARTS OUT!

lv2937
12-07-2003, 04:26 PM
Chris Hart:
I will be the first to tell you, that I'm proud of the way Burnet's great # of fans travel to the games, and usually stay involved. I would guess Burnet had around 10,000 fans at the Jasper game Sat., which is great. But when Burnet fell behind, I was utterly disappointed in our crowd support. Have my fellow Burnet fans not noticed the HUGE difference in the way our boys play when OUR CROWD is on their feet screaming/cheering etc.? I have and it's ENORMOUS! On Saturday from Burnet's first TD until the last few minutes of the game, I would guess that about 90% of the Burnet crowd was sitting on their hands as quiet as field mice just awaiting the final buzzer. I heard several people behind those in our area that where extremely irritated over the few of us that remained standing. :mad: I think this Sat. I am going to attach a poster to my back that reads 'IF YOU WANT TO SIT, DON"T SIT BEHIND ME!'. I feel if you're so intent on sitting down, then stay at home and listen to the radio, or sit away from the crowd. The team DESERVES our support SUPREMELY! I was SHOCKED at how the majority of Burnet's fans were just willing to zip their lips and sit on their thumbs until Jasper would get deep into our territory and then expect our defense to respond when our fans would rise on the occasional 3rd down or 'big play' with their backs to the wall. The way Burnet plays with a LOUD/ENTHUSIASTIC crowd, if it were that way the ENTIRE TIME our defense is on the field, I think some of the 'sitting field mice' would be surprised how much that filters into ADRENALINE for our defensive players, and how it disrupts opposing offenses. If you're not guilty, this is not for you. But, I'm NOT going to 'SIT and WAIT on our OWN PLAYERS to have to PLEAD FOR MY SUPPORT! I mean come on this is the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP for goodness sakes. Lets's STAND/SCREAM/WHOOP/HOLLER the ENTIRE TIME our DEFENSE is on the field. If you're not planning on standing, then DON'T sit by me, because you will NOT be able to see or hear yourself think. Go Burnet, this is one Burnet fan that will go to war WITH YOU! :mad: I think the cheerleaders need to help get the fans involved in the game. When we are on off., they want us to get holler. When we are on D., they do nothing. We should be the loudest when we are on D.Made noice whe the other team has the ball on offence. Jaspers band was doing a great job of making noice when we had the ball.

geturgunzup
12-07-2003, 04:30 PM
There were many Burnet fans that stood for 4 quarters, but overall the crowd was very flat. If we are truly "One town, One Team, One Heartbeat", the fans will have to take their part a little more seriously next week. I can't imagine how awesome our crowd looked and sounded from the Jasper side during the final 3 minutes of the game. I just wish we had shown that the entire 48 minutes. It affected their players as much as ours.

Leopards,class of 75
12-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Chris, I agree with you 100%! The fans must do thier part to encourage the team to play at their highest level as possible. They deserve your support so stand up and be loud for your team!!!! Go luck to both teams and I pray a blessing on everybody traveling down the road to the game and on the way home.

lotus67
12-07-2003, 04:34 PM
I agree with you Chris,I for 1,brought several bean filled bottles for racketmakers,stood the whole game and cheered the green dogs on. By the 3rd qtr. the beans were powder and made no noise at all. The crown was probably suffering from the shock that the guys were behind for the 1st time this year.I agree that the team feeds off our energy.

Bulldog Fan
12-07-2003, 04:40 PM
CHRIS,
It is not surprising that your fans got quiet. That is the natural tendency when things look bad. Our Jasper fans have been the same way and it always irritates me. I believe we should yell 4 quarters no matter what and when the game is over both teams should be given a standing ovation by their fans. After the game Saturday, I cheered our boys as if they had won and I was not by myself.

poncho
12-07-2003, 04:47 PM
I left the field without a voice..and only have some of it back today. Espn1 and I did our part. Chris did you hear the crowd hollering GO during the final drive?? It was incredible wasn't it? I agree 110% with the statement you made. GO DAWGS. GO FANS. :cool: :p

Chris Hart
12-07-2003, 05:02 PM
poncho:
I left the field without a voice..and only have some of it back today. Espn1 and I did our part. Chris did you hear the crowd hollering GO during the final drive?? It was incredible wasn't it? I agree 110% with the statement you made. GO DAWGS. GO FANS. :cool: :p I am without a voice today as well, couldn't hardly sing at church this morning. Yeah, the way the crowd was in the last few minutes was AWESOME, but it could be that way the whole game. I also know that there were a few of us that stood and cheered throughout, probably us dedicated downlowers. I just believe if our crowd had been as intense the whole game as it was the last 4 minutes, the game wouldn't have been as close. I'm trying to think of something/anything to keep the crowd pumped this Sat. wink

Burnet Dawg06
12-07-2003, 05:05 PM
Yep, I noticed that also. I was sitting near the band and boy were those guys into it. I don't think they stayed quiet during the 3rd and 4th quarters. I think that helped pump up the fans and the crowd up. Did you guys see how much enthusiam the football players got back after they made they touchdown that tied the game? There were football players on the benches on the sidelines jumping up and down trying to get the crowd into it. It was an awesome game. Go Burnet! Good luck Gainesville.

olddawggreen
12-07-2003, 05:19 PM
Chris, you should have been where I was, talk about no voice, Ive been trying to recover all day. People in my section rarely sat down. I ussually feel like I should sit down when the play is not going on, but it wasnt necessary yesterday, no one behind me was sitting down either. Who could relax?

keep_it_real
12-07-2003, 05:31 PM
Hey guys, I went to the Marlin and Burnet game this weekend, I didn't sit either game accept for halftime, it was cold both games though....

Chopblock
12-07-2003, 05:36 PM
I was impressed by all fans at the 3 games I saw this weekend
I was at the Marlin game Friday
Burnet on Sat afternoon and then hooked it up and made the kickoff of the Calallan game at the Alamodome
Great weekend of football

poncho
12-07-2003, 05:58 PM
Hey chopblock where you wearing a UT cap and jacket??? And did your friend wear the same attire? :cool:

20dawgz05
12-07-2003, 07:14 PM
yeah i noticed it too..i dunno if it was the coldness or what...i think for a little while the burnet fans were in COMPLETE SHOCK that is the first time we have fallin behind this entire season....when the fans, band, and cheerleaders took it to another level so did the football team next week lets leave it at that level and give our boys what the deserve!!!!!! :D :D :D :D .. LETS GO GET THOES RINGS!!!!!!! :D :D :D

bc 76
12-07-2003, 09:29 PM
Cannot believe the Burnet fans did not stand up the whole game,don't you know where you all were playing at i thought even in a high school game you had to stand up,i just had a bad thought espn1 & poncho kissing each other after a Burnet td.,HOOK M HORNS.

pirateman98
12-07-2003, 09:33 PM
I totally understand what you are saying Chris. I remember when we playing for the State Championship back in 2001 against Everman, I wanted to stand but the people behind me wanted to sit ask through a fit because the people were standing all game. I wanted to show support to my team and they wanted to sit all game and only stand when we had big play's. If you don't want to be a part of the atmosphere that is around you the stay home. You do what you feel like doing and don't let them tell you what to do. Good Luck to Burnet next week and bring Region 4 that State title. Go Bulldogs!!

DawgMaw02
12-07-2003, 10:10 PM
I totally agree with you Chris! Since my son played 7th grade football, I have always been the one on my feet, yelling and hollering. People used to just look at me like I had lost it. My son and some of his friends were cheering for the team and made the people behind them mad because they wouldn't sit down. The so called "Security" at a Burnet home game actually came up and told them to either sit down or leave! I couldn't believe it! If you want to sit there like bumps on a log, go to the lake!
I hope everyone is on their feet this Saturday!
If your cold, get up and YELL, it will get your blood pumping! :D

poncho
12-07-2003, 10:29 PM
bc 76:
Cannot believe the Burnet fans did not stand up the whole game,don't you know where you all were playing at i thought even in a high school game you had to stand up,i just had a bad thought espn1 & poncho kissing each other after a Burnet td.,HOOK M HORNS.:cool: eek! :rolleyes:

dawgdad
12-07-2003, 10:34 PM
WE sit as a group of crazy football parents- I guarantee you that we are not the ones that were sitting down. My wife had to bury her head in my chest and cry the pressure was so intense. Cannot hardly talk today! The energy that was being sent to the field from the fans was awesome!!!! My kid says that when they are on the field they don't hear the yelling,but yesterday they had to feel the vibrations from our section !@!! GET FIRED UP!!! HIT SOMEBODY !!!! GO BURNET !!@! GO BULLDOGS !!!! DEFENSE !!!!

BurnetBandRules
12-07-2003, 10:40 PM
I think that if you take into account that our side was almost 10 cooler than their side, then this post might not have been started. But, cold or not, we should sream holler and yell the entire game!

Bandera YaYa
12-08-2003, 12:55 AM
BurnetBandRules:
I think that if you take into account that our side was almost 10 cooler than their side, then this post might not have been started. But, cold or not, we should sream holler and yell the entire game!...the location and now the weather, what's next to whine about??? :rolleyes: ....glad they won despite it...Good luck and win State!!

lotus67
12-08-2003, 01:00 AM
Someone..............always someone :rolleyes:

GreatBigBurnetFan
12-08-2003, 08:09 AM
Hey Chris,
I certainly agree that we, the fans need to support our team all the way. One thing you might not have thought of. If you will take notice a large part of the Burnet fans are seniors. A number of the fans CAN'T STAND the whole game!This
doesn't mean we can't support the team. My wife has a cow bell, I have a bottle shaker that has
large beads(Very noisy). I have attended all the games, regardless of where, the 7 0n 7 tournament
and the basketball team. I have NO kids in the Burnet system. I stand as much as I can. I was in the hospital for 2 games last year, but then came the rest of the way in a wheelchair. Please, try to understand, just because some can't stand, that doesn't mean our mouths are shutup, that doesn't mean our noise makers are silent. IF a senior or someone can't see, please respect our needs too. It might help if you sit so they could see, I think your mouth will still work while you sit.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan
Just so you will know Chris, I have arthritis of the spine and knees(7 knee surgeries) and 2 foot surgeries. Guess what, my mouth and hands work great.

<small>[ December 08, 2003, 07:11 AM: Message edited by: GreatBigBurnetFan ]</small>

spiveyrat
12-08-2003, 08:27 AM
I gotta know... were any tortillas flying?

Chris Hart
12-08-2003, 09:05 PM
GreatBigBurnetFan:
Hey Chris,
I certainly agree that we, the fans need to support our team all the way. One thing you might not have thought of. If you will take notice a large part of the Burnet fans are seniors. A number of the fans CAN'T STAND the whole game!This
doesn't mean we can't support the team. My wife has a cow bell, I have a bottle shaker that has
large beads(Very noisy). I have attended all the games, regardless of where, the 7 0n 7 tournament
and the basketball team. I have NO kids in the Burnet system. I stand as much as I can. I was in the hospital for 2 games last year, but then came the rest of the way in a wheelchair. Please, try to understand, just because some can't stand, that doesn't mean our mouths are shutup, that doesn't mean our noise makers are silent. IF a senior or someone can't see, please respect our needs too. It might help if you sit so they could see, I think your mouth will still work while you sit.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan
Just so you will know Chris, I have arthritis of the spine and knees(7 knee surgeries) and 2 foot surgeries. Guess what, my mouth and hands work great.GreatBigBurnetFan, I totally understand about the elderly and physically handicapped. IMO, you guys are exempt from the standing at ALL times, but I'm talking about the perfectly capable fans that were willing to watch our boys possibly lose, and refrain to show any effort of support whether it be standing/screaming/cowbells etc. I saw people I went to school with(I'm 30) doing this very thing. The people behind me complaining about people standing, couldn't have been more than 40, and they sure didn't look disabled on their way to the concession at halftime.LOL But yes I agree, we should be totally respectful of you elderly folk, and we're grateful to you dedicated seniors that come out and support the team. :)