PDA

View Full Version : Aledo vs. Decatur

BullFrog Dad
12-13-2004, 09:17 AM
If they would've played this year especially after Aledo got through its' first half struggles who would you take. I watched both teams play this year and it's a hard call.

BullFrog Dad
12-13-2004, 12:24 PM
Got my buddie from Aledo eating lunch with me right now. Your opinions please!

whatdoiknow?
12-13-2004, 01:06 PM
Saw both play this year......no way Decatur wins this one. Aledo is too good on defense and Aledo's Christian would pile on the yards. Aledo's offense also can control the clock. Decatur's Christian would get some catches but Godbolt would be ineffective against Aledo's front 7. If Aledo's Christian started to tire, Souder would still be very effective.

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-13-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by whatdoiknow?
Saw both play this year......no way Decatur wins this one. Aledo is too good on defense and Aledo's Christian would pile on the yards. Aledo's offense also can control the clock. Decatur's Christian would get some catches but Godbolt would be ineffective against Aledo's front 7. If Aledo's Christian started to tire, Souder would still be very effective. i dont know, they both seemed to be pretty even on both sides of the ball, from what ive read about them, i think it would come down to how each team is coached, and would have to say it goes to aledo. they are one of the best coached teams ive ever seen.

Rabbit'93
12-13-2004, 02:19 PM
Aledo Wins BIG....

Keith7
12-13-2004, 02:34 PM
Decatur would win easily

Rabbit'93
12-13-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Decatur would win easily

And you base this on what?

Before you ask...I've seen them both....in the playoffs.

Keith7
12-13-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
And you base this on what?

Before you ask...I've seen them both....in the playoffs.

i dont know, you didnt give any reasoning why you picked aledo so i figured i didnt have to either

VWG
12-13-2004, 09:02 PM
Interesting.... Aledo held off an extremely talented WF Rider team in the playoffs. WF Rider had similar talent to Decatur. A great QB and big tall receiver (committed to Notre Dame).
Aledo probably had the advantage on size on both sides of the lines, which can make a big difference.
Decatur still could hang though.... too tough to call for me.
I would have to say the intangible on the coaching side definitely goes to Aledo. Records speak for themselves with coaching, and Aledo's coach has done it year in and year out with whatever talent he's had. Decatur has a very nice run the past three years but I don't know if Story has been as consistent in his tenure as Aledo's HC.