PDA

View Full Version : What a ball game

Gsquared
12-13-2004, 07:24 AM
Wylie/Cuero!!! Oh yeah, SLC/Lufkin wasnt too bad either!

44INAROW
12-13-2004, 09:37 AM
There were alot of good games this weekend........ Gotta love Texas Highschool Football.............. Gee - I get to go watch Cuero's JV vs Runge's varsity basketball Friday night........ hhmm oh well.. those basketball games are always good for some "roadtrip eating" think we'll run over to Falls City after the game and eat at Shorty's :)

Gsquared
12-13-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
There were alot of good games this weekend........ Gotta love Texas Highschool Football.............. Gee - I get to go watch Cuero's JV vs Runge's varsity basketball Friday night........ hhmm oh well.. those basketball games are always good for some "roadtrip eating" think we'll run over to Falls City after the game and eat at Shorty's :)
Umm Shorty's!

44INAROW
12-13-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Umm Shorty's!

We usually order the steak and baked potatoe and along with that they serve bowls of green beans with lots of bacon in then and either fresh squash or okra........ Usually fight over who has to drive home we are so full.... It is great food...

Gsquared
12-13-2004, 02:31 PM
Have some for me!

VWG
12-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
We usually order the steak and baked potatoe and along with that they serve bowls of green beans with lots of bacon in then and either fresh squash or okra........ Usually fight over who has to drive home we are so full.... It is great food...

Dang.. I haven't eaten there in about three years. Used to have a buddy of mine in Floresville. We'd go dove hunting near Falls City and then go to Shorty's.

44INAROW
12-13-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Dang.. I haven't eaten there in about three years. Used to have a buddy of mine in Floresville. We'd go dove hunting near Falls City and then go to Shorty's.

In my opinion, it is just as good now as it was years ago...... GREAT FOOD :)

gobbler grad
12-13-2004, 10:52 PM
:thinking: i gonna have to take a road trip to Falls City...this post is making me hungry...

Gsquared
12-14-2004, 06:54 AM
Might be a good offseason road trip for me too!

crabman
12-14-2004, 06:32 PM
Did ya'll notice the 2A, 3A, 4A, and 5A Division I games were all decided by a touchdown or less.

In 10 of Cuero's 15 games this year they led by less than a touchdown in the fourth quarter and won all but one. The last one. Tough district, tough preseason, tough post season.

BTW from the earlier post. Cuero is 23-3 over last two years.

gobbler grad
12-14-2004, 07:54 PM
thats what a great coach can do for you...cuero fans may recall the previous coaching records and they were not as good as this years

Gsquared
12-15-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
thats what a great coach can do for you...cuero fans may recall the previous coaching records and they were not as good as this years
True but it doesnt hurt to have some talent