PDA

View Full Version : Sit Down, Jody is Going to Say Something Nice about Liberty Hill

Jody
12-13-2004, 07:23 AM
I drove alone for 2 1/2 hours Saturday to go watch Jasper and Liberty Hill play. I was as excited as a 5 year old on Christmas morning. I had been waiting all year to see LH's running game. To my suprise, that was not the only thing that was great.

I have watched many teams play this year, from 2A to 5A. I have yet to see a team that had as much TEAM in them. Every single time a time-out that was called or when a coach went on the field to discuss the next play, every single coach, every single player, and even the support folks were huddled up to hear what was said.

Even more to my suprise was a small, not so fast football team with far less kids on the side lines than Jasper. My first impression was "OH HELL", this is going to get ugly. Then, out of no were, here were three different, very average, somewhat small guys running the ball down Jasper's throat all night long. Even after a few days to think about what I saw, I have idea how LH's line could have created holes like that and even more improtantly, how could those backs run the ball straight ahead.

All I can say is Liberty Hill is a very well coached team and their is obvious leadership on that team from the top down. The kids had as much heart as any team paying football in this state and most likely the county. It was a pleasure to watch you.

P.S. Sorry for the Jinx LH Panther Mom!

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2004, 07:43 AM
Thanks so much, Jody. Honestly, I don't believe in the jinx. To come within a foot of tying the game (yes, with 99% certainty we would've made the 2 pt conv), should prove that. Most people across the state felt like Jasper would blow us out. Thankfully, though, we don't have your "support" most of the rest of the year. ;)

You are 100% correct about our kids - they're small, for the most part average athletes compared to other programs. It just shows you what Pride, Heart & Determination can do.

Jody
12-13-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Thanks so much, Jody. Honestly, I don't believe in the jinx. To come within a foot of tying the game (yes, with 99% certainty we would've made the 2 pt conv), should prove that. Most people across the state felt like Jasper would blow us out. Thankfully, though, we don't have your "support" most of the rest of the year. ;)

You are 100% correct about our kids - they're small, for the most part average athletes compared to other programs. It just shows you what Pride, Heart & Determination can do.

When you blow teams out like you did all year, it is hard to get 2 minute drill practice in a game. Had there been a little better time management in the last minute, who knows what would have happend. I can just imagine Jasper was thankful there was not 4 more minutes left in that game.

It was a great game and fun to watch!

HornetMom
12-13-2004, 09:13 AM
Jody, couldn't agree with you more. That LH team was simply awesome. It was probably one of the best games I have seen in some time.

And I must give credit to the fan base as well. LH, your fans would put most to shame. It was my pleasure to meet some of you, to sit with you and to cheer your team on with you. Good luck next year.

Jody
12-13-2004, 09:13 AM
Thanks so much, Jody. Honestly, I don't believe in the jinx.

Tell your folks they Jinxed themselves....:D You can't go to A&M wearing all that Orange (UT) stuff and expect the Whoop! Gods not to react......:D

easttexan1
12-13-2004, 09:26 AM
I have always thought that it took teamwork and discipline to win a championship. It was reinforced years ago when I watched Stephenville play like a well oiled machine. I have also thought that those things were 2 of Jasper's greatest weaknesses. We squandered fantastic talent for years IMO due to a lack of discipline. Saw it happen at Port Arthur Lincoln year after year. But, we get better teamwork every year, discipline is better than ever, and I don't see that being a problem with Jasper this year or the near future. Anyway, my point is that I was also impressed with LH's program and wish them great success in the future. We plan on coming back next year and look forward to beating you again! ;)

YBS
12-13-2004, 09:51 AM
I couldn't say it better than Jody. I think I'm taking a fondness to LH. I can't wait to see what you guys do next year, but can't say that I'm waiting to play you again. Thanks for everything you have, and will continue to contribute to the board LHPMom.

studio manufactured applause

Hupernikomen
12-13-2004, 09:55 AM
Yeah LH's offense was very impressive. I still haven't figured out how we didn't score in the second half. I don't think we had but 2 maybe 3 drives. As I said before the game began I have seen the wing T up close and personal for a few years and when it is run right it is very hard to stop. I can't imagine a better offense for the type of players that LH has. They did have some speed though especially #12 and #5. They have #12 exactly were he is supposed to be...I can tell you that Jasper learned in a hurry that you had to key on him and hit him low because he was a load to bring down. The qb was a gamer...he always did what needed to be done to make the first down...#7 took a beating but kept on playing hard...was a very fun team to watch. I wouldn't have been to disappointed to lose to such a well coached group. They really should be proud of what LH has done with their program. They will be back I am sure of it.

Bellville22
12-13-2004, 10:26 AM
My thoughts exactly. After 3 Jasper plays, I called a friend and told him what a blowout it would be. After halftime, I planned on leaving after the next Jasper score, that never came.

Much like 'Jody', I was extremely impressed with the unity of that team and that town. The Panthers ran up agains far superior athletes, but worked as a team to stay in that game. As a neutral fan entering the game, I found myself pulling for them to punch in that TD on the last drive.

"LH Panther Mom', so nice to meet you. You must be so proud of the character and heart those boys showed. Congrats on a great season.

Bullaholic
12-13-2004, 10:56 AM

Congrats to the LH team on a great season. I know you are very proud of these kids, and rightfully so---they took LH football history to a level where it's never been before. They can now take pride in knowing that all of Texas now knows about the great kids and good folks in Liberty Hill, if they didn't before. Best of Luck next year.