PDA

View Full Version : Is there such a thing as Legal Steroids?

KTJ
12-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Do they exist? I want to get more muscle mass and have tried EVERYTHING....EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

I take vitamins, drink protein shakes, workout and yet I can't get more mass. It's getting frustrating. Then again, I'm the most impatient person in the world. :mad:

But what else is there besides creatine? I KNOW some of you football players take some stuff. And don't deny it. :D

rockdale80
12-12-2004, 08:45 PM
DHEA and glutamine work pretty well. I know they are legal to the public, but DHEA is not allowed at the collegiate level and up. Except for the MLB.

Chief Woodman
12-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Time. Wait till your about forty and the mass just keeps on keeping on.

forebevo
12-12-2004, 08:50 PM
A-MEN

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-12-2004, 09:13 PM
I drank glutamine every night and ate ice cream before I went to bed, but I also lifted 3 times a day for 5 days a week. I got a lot stronger and a lot of mass doing this. I never took creatine or drank protein shakes, but I did give up sodas. Good luck.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-12-2004, 09:16 PM
By the way, glutamine is not a steriod, it just boosts your immune system, aids in muscle recovery time, helps your eyesight, and removes the lactic acid from your muscles so you won't be sore after working out. It's also good for your bones and some other stuff.

forebevo
12-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Ask your doctor I'm not sure whats wrong with creatine.

It's in some of the protean drinks probabaly in GNC or some place like that. Have a product in mind so you can show all the ingredients to your dr.

be careful, follow directions,

no alcohol, and plenty of water proly a good start

I know some who have had good luck with it and some who did not. mainly pulled muscles. best place to start is with a dr
Knowing how creatine works and exactly what it does helped us make our decision. I WONT TELL WHAT THAT WAS BECAUSE ITS A PERSONAL DECISION AND BEING INFORMED IS YOUR BEST BET!

personally I’ll stick with pb&j. but im old fashioned

bigpimpin
12-12-2004, 11:08 PM
Maybe it's not just the nutrition but the workout program? Cell-tech and nitro-tech are 2 real advertised products. Cell-tech is a from of creatine i think and nitro-tech is nitrous oxide or something that gets protein to your muscles like 20 times faster. I'm poor so i stick to peanut butter sandwiches, with extra peanut butter.

Manck
12-13-2004, 12:32 AM
I partake in vitamin Shiner, vitamin Bud, vitamin Coors, etc....and the weight has progressed.

Don't know if that's what you're looking for, but it's been a weight gainer for generations of men.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-13-2004, 12:48 AM
haha Amen. I sure couldn't gain any weight in high school, weighed about a buck fifty the whole time and that was lifting and drinking protein shakes till I thought I couldn't anymore. Once I got to college though, geeze I'm up to 190 and rising.

Manck, you goin to Austin College?

Manck
12-13-2004, 12:54 AM
Yup..until I graduate at 9am May 15th....damn....that's getting WAY too close.

Anybody wanna give me a job?

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-13-2004, 12:56 AM
I had a friend from Sweetwater go there, she should be graduating as well.

X21AAAPlayer
12-13-2004, 01:40 AM
If you have some extra cash.. and I mean about 150 bucks.. go to www.a1supplements.com and look for 2 bottles of on cycle, and one bottle of off... You take the two bottles of on as directed and follow it with the bottle of off. Lasts about two months but I went from doing about 400 pounds on leg press to around 730 in a month! Some serious stuff but take it AS DIRECTED.

pirate44
12-13-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Manck
I partake in vitamin Shiner, vitamin Bud, vitamin Coors, etc....and the weight has progressed.

Don't know if that's what you're looking for, but it's been a weight gainer for generations of men.
i've found marriage does it for me.

JasperDog94
12-13-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
i've found marriage does it for me. Same here!:D

raider red 2000
12-13-2004, 11:39 AM
i have heard that ice cream works....i had a dietitian tell me once to goto whataburger and eat nothin but double burger bacon cheeseburgers. ifmyou wanna gain mass. you will need calories. some people try to eat clean. very little fats, nothing fried, not sodas, all alcohol is evil.

if you work hard and eat....i have heard some coaches say drink milk....i am sure that milk works....calves grow a few hundred pounds ina year.

if taking creatine....dont take extra you will just piss it out. make sure you are drinking plenty of water. it never happened to me, but you cramp easily when taking it.

when working out drink lots of water.....a good rule of thumb is to check your urine. before you work out check the color. if its yellow drink lots of water. always try to have clear pee.

change up your workouts. your body is the most amazing machine on the planet. it adapts fast...it will hit plateaus...keep working hard

there is no substitute for hard work....oh yeah, i would not goto to GNC, i have been told by some of their employees that they are not the most knowledgable sources. i am sure that you can find stuff online or a local outlet. talk to the people where you work out.

big daddy russ
12-13-2004, 12:37 PM
An old regimen that worked for a lot of old friends of mine who played college ball but didn't want to have anything to do with steroids... at around 9 or 10 everynight, go to Whataburger and load up with two dbl meat, dbl cheese burgers w/bacon (to keep costs down, you can add the cheese and bacon when you get home). Get one as a meal with fries, eat that one as your supper right before you go to bed and hit the sack immediately. Set your alarm for 2:30 and eat the other one, then go back to bed... you'll be gaining weight in no time.

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-13-2004, 02:05 PM
there are a few different things ill need to know before i can give you the best advice for building.

1. name everythhing you are taking

2. what kind of cycles are you doing w/ each supplement.

3. what does your workout look like

4. are you incorporating alot of cardio into your workout

if you dont want everyone to know all of this, please im me, im pretty experienced in this stuff...

KTJ
12-13-2004, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

I had a trainer at UT tell me about the nitro stuff someone mentioned. I never did buy it but he seemed pretty dead-set that it would do me some good to take it.

When I drink protein shakes, I add skim milk and ice cream to the shake instead of just water. That usually helps, or so I'm told.

It seems like a bunch of you guys do nothing but eat whataburger! :D I don't want to get fat; I want to gain more muscle and toneness.

And bullfrog, I just usually take Protein shakes and vitamins. Nothing outrageous.

Bulldog_12
12-13-2004, 02:40 PM
I bought this really good shake at GNC. I had it every morning before going to school. I also worked out 4 days a week alternating upper body and lower body. It tasted really good too. If I can remember the name of it, ill write back. It helped me ALOT. I used to be a stick.

Keith7
12-13-2004, 02:41 PM
I took creatine in high school...

Scott Bayer used to take 8 ripped Fuels a day, and he lost 60 pounds.. lol

easttexan1
12-13-2004, 02:54 PM
Read up. Less may be more. Lift less often and really tear yourself up. So some supersets and really get some serious blood flow going. Eat a bunch of protein and watch yourself grow. Of course, you have to have a little genetic propensity to mass.

raider red 2000
12-13-2004, 03:08 PM
what are your goals? size/mass toned/ mass
what type of body do you have now? lean-cut thin- no muscle chubby muscle under fat.

if you are doing cardio it could prevent the amount of mass you can put in. if you are already pretty toned and you want to put on mass the fat (burgers/ice cream) isnt too bad for you. if you are overweight then the burgers are not the best choice.

it depends where you are now, what you wanna do, budget, time?

JasperDog94
12-13-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
An old regimen that worked for a lot of old friends of mine who played college ball but didn't want to have anything to do with steroids... at around 9 or 10 everynight, go to Whataburger and load up with two dbl meat, dbl cheese burgers w/bacon (to keep costs down, you can add the cheese and bacon when you get home). Get one as a meal with fries, eat that one as your supper right before you go to bed and hit the sack immediately. Set your alarm for 2:30 and eat the other one, then go back to bed... you'll be gaining weight in no time. :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-13-2004, 04:32 PM
KTJ, check pm's

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-13-2004, 06:58 PM
ttt

MagicMan
12-13-2004, 09:02 PM
they have NO2 pills

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-13-2004, 09:07 PM
yea, and NO2 works great, ive done 4 cycles w/ it, and seen massive results. its one of the best products on the market. the other "NO" products not made by MRI dont work the same because they dont have the same delivery system. but its a little pricey...(NO2 that is)

Bullaholic
12-13-2004, 09:09 PM
A&M School of Medicine recommends an immediate appendix transplant, KTJ.

MagicMan
12-13-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
yea, and NO2 works great, ive done 4 cycles w/ it, and seen massive results. its one of the best products on the market. the other "NO" products not made by MRI dont work the same because they dont have the same delivery system. but its a little pricey...(NO2 that is)
where did u get your NO2 from??

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-13-2004, 09:12 PM
gnc AND GETNO2.COM

MagicMan
12-13-2004, 09:13 PM
thanks