PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICIAL Slpybear says Bench Vinny Thread...

slpybear the bullfan
12-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Uggh. EEk. Gasp. Barf.

Did I leave anything out?

IMHO, The Tuna is letting pride get in the way... OR... Our next star QB is such a dud that he cannot put him on the field. Either way... *sigh*

Heck, even Romo can hand the ball off to JJ.

sinton66
12-12-2004, 06:21 PM
I really think the majority of the players on this team have decided they don't like Parcells. He simply is unable to get them motivated. Couple that with bringing in Testaverde, and well, we can all see the results. Testaverde never impressed me at all. If Hansen is the future, write off the rest of the season and let him go at it.

PPHSfan
12-12-2004, 07:10 PM
Until Dallas is mathematically out of the playoffs Testaverde is the man. The big Tuna is not stubborn, he just knows better. Henson may be the future, but you don't play the rookie when you still have a chance at the playoffs. As much as I hate to see Dallas playing so poorly, and as much as I hate to see Vinny blowing chunks.....Parcel knows what he is doing. I hate it when that happens.

Keith7
12-12-2004, 08:00 PM
I vote put Henson in next week.. that would be fun to see against My eagles

sinton66
12-12-2004, 08:12 PM
Well, after today's fiasco, Dallas is pretty much out of it.

Rabbit'93
12-12-2004, 08:17 PM
IMO Vinny just looks like he can't do it effectively anymore. He doesn't have accuracy at all. Whenever he drops back he's unsure of what receiver to go to. When he does throw it, he throws off balance and does not have any velocity on the ball. His motion is awkward. I can't put my finger on it but something is defintely different. Maybe that shoulder injury is still around but he dare not let Tuna know. It might make him(Tuna) put Henson in and he wouldn't wanna let ol' coach down.

crzyjournalist03
12-13-2004, 12:23 AM
Heard on the radio broadcast that there were reports that Vinny suffered a concussion during the Seattle game...Parcells denied it, but when Vinny was questioned, he responded, "There are some things that happened in the fourth quarter that I don't remember."

Now personally, I've never been a Vinny fan and thought we would have been better off with Q all along...I know about the "drugs" and stuff, but look...he went to the Jets, and he didn't get suspended like the Cowboys were reporting he would have...changing teams doesn't get you off the hook for a failed test. If he was going to be suspended, he would have been suspended with the Jets too. I like Parcells as a coach, but I'm really beginning to question whether he's right for this franchise.

I really like Henson, and at this point, I think he could have completed 35% of his passes against the Saints as well. Give the kid a chance...if he's not good enough for that, then let's get someone who is...but Vinny needs to go!

TheDOCTORdre
12-13-2004, 12:26 AM
Vinny isnt the right qb for the present, IMO Henson really isnt the qb of the future, so I think Dallas might as well put Romo in

crzyjournalist03
12-13-2004, 12:40 AM
I'm just going to call myself part of the ABV club...Anybody But Vinny.

Give me Henson or Romo or Quincy or Anthony Wright or Aikman (hey...he's younger than Vinny!) or Hutch (ok...maybe not Hutch...I really disliked him too!)

Keith7
12-13-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Hutch (ok...maybe not Hutch...I really disliked him too!)

Out of all the people you mentioned Hutch is the most productive right now

LALK
12-13-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Until Dallas is mathematically out of the playoffs Testaverde is the man. The big Tuna is not stubborn, he just knows better. Henson may be the future, but you don't play the rookie when you still have a chance at the playoffs. As much as I hate to see Dallas playing so poorly, and as much as I hate to see Vinny blowing chunks.....Parcel knows what he is doing. I hate it when that happens.

they are mathematically out...playing philly in philly...that's enough math for me

Jet1
12-13-2004, 10:54 AM
As much as I hate to say it Dallas is out of the play-offs. Mathamatically or not they are. Put Henson in now so he can get some experience for next year. On another note I hate go see him get thrown to the wolfs next week.

JasperDog94
12-13-2004, 11:07 AM
Henson may be the future, but you don't play the rookie when you still have a chance at the playoffs. cough...cough...Pitsburg...cough...cough...

Bull's-eye
12-13-2004, 11:37 AM
The Cowboy's next year QB may not even be on this roster. Henson needs more practice, and I would think NFL Europe would be perfect for him. Eli Manning has been having a difficult time with his on the job training and he wasn't playing baseball for the last 4 years. Drew Brees or some other free agent will probably lead the 2005 Cowboys. I would like to see Henson start the rest of this season, because we know Vinnie is not the answer. Even if they made the play-offs, Dallas wasn't getting past the first round. Why win a couple games with Vinnie? All you do is make next year's #1 pick later in the first round.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
The Cowboy's next year QB may not even be on this roster. Henson needs more practice, and I would think NFL Europe would be perfect for him. Eli Manning has been having a difficult time with his on the job training and he wasn't playing baseball for the last 4 years. Drew Brees or some other free agent will probably lead the 2005 Cowboys. I would like to see Henson start the rest of this season, because we know Vinnie is not the answer. Even if they made the play-offs, Dallas wasn't getting past the first round. Why win a couple games with Vinnie? All you do is make next year's #1 pick later in the first round.

I agree. Brees may be the guy. Of course it would cost us one of those 1st round picks plus more. I just hope the Cowboys will not trade those two picks. Just use them abd get a good CB and maybe a DT or a DE. Then the sceond pick get a safety to replace Woody. Lyn Scott just is not starting material.

slpybear the bullfan
12-13-2004, 01:58 PM
I have heard a lot of folks in the media talk about starting rookie QBs... How the season's are terrible, etc.

But I will venture this... Next year Eli Manning will be waaay ahead of the learning curve that Drew Heson is on. Yeah, the Giants stink and Eli is a big part of that. But guess what, the Cowboys stink too. Henson won't make it worse at this point.

Keith7
12-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Unless Henson Plays Cornerback, I dont think he can solve too many of the cowboy's problems...

Also Drew Brees is staying in San Diego, The cowboys should look into finding somebody out of the draft next season

crzyjournalist03
12-13-2004, 04:23 PM
I just want to go out on a limb right now and make this prediction.

In 2005, the Cowboys' starting quarterback will be a guy with the first name Drew. Right now, I think there's only three guys who could be the Dallas QB next year. Drew Henson, Drew Brees, or Drew Bledsoe.

crzyjournalist03
12-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Out of all the people you mentioned Hutch is the most productive right now

That's just because the others aren't playing!

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-13-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I vote put Henson in next week.. that would be fun to see against My eagles when did you move out of the state?!?!?!?!?!:confused:

Keith7
12-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
when did you move out of the state?!?!?!?!?!:confused:

I currently live in California going to school.. but i've liked the eagles since i was a lil lad.. My dad was a huge Cowboy fan and being the rebelious lil boy i was I took to liking the Eagles and have ever since

crzyjournalist03
12-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
when did you move out of the state?!?!?!?!?!:confused:

I'm pretty sure he became unwelcome in Texas once he started went with California in the Rose Bowl debate :D

CRHSeagle
12-13-2004, 04:55 PM
Its comforting to know that they have two first round draft picks to use on fixin up that secondary or picking up a better qb.

Hupernikomen
12-13-2004, 05:17 PM

You are right. After this week when the Eagles thrash the boys..Henson will be the starter from here on out. I look for Dallas to try hard and get a good quarterback in the offseason. There should be a decent quarterback available with as many injuries as we have seen this year. It has lead to a few playing and impressing enough that someone good should become available. The question is whether Jones wants to win bad enough to go after a big name quarterback, or is he going to keep playing the lottery and go for long shots like Henson

Hupernikomen
12-13-2004, 05:18 PM
I just want to go out on a limb right now and make this prediction.

In 2005, the Cowboys' starting quarterback will be a guy with the first name Drew. Right now, I think there's only three guys who could be the Dallas QB next year. Drew Henson, Drew Brees, or Drew Bledsoe.

I agree. I really feel like Drew Brees will be available, or maybe they will be willing to trade Rivers. Personally, I think Drew Brees could do us a good job.

Bullaholic
12-13-2004, 05:25 PM
Cowboys 06'----Jimmy Johnson, Episode II--The Return of the Jim-i

YBS
12-13-2004, 06:04 PM
I think the thing we're all hinting at without saying it unanimously is the Cowboys are horrible:( and they have too many holes to fill with old players playing old(larry allen and Flozell Adams), new players playing old(Marcellus, Keyshawn, and Vinny), and players somehere in between just sucking at times(Roy Williams and Dat Nguyen). Even our better players have been subpar. Two 1st round picks can't change that.

crzyjournalist03
12-13-2004, 06:15 PM
I for one have not been disappointed with Keyshawn. I think he brought exactly what the Cowboys were looking for...a physical presence who can run the in routes and catch the ball without being afraid to take a whacking.

And I wouldn't call the Cowboys horrible either...the 49ers and Dolphins, now that's horrible! The Cowboys are just bad.

slpybear the bullfan
12-13-2004, 08:04 PM
Keyshawn is fine... he is not a streaker who runs the flag down the sideline... he is big, tall, and made to go over the middle. (He is also nursing a hamstring I believe).

Up until this point I would agree that Vinny isn't the problem... but not after that last game. He was horrible. His errant throws killed drives in the game... and the int in the first half was maybe his worst toss of the year.

The boys still have a decent team to build upon... and some draft picks to use... but we need to know what Henson can do or cant do. And we need several games to do so.

Keith7
12-13-2004, 08:08 PM
Parcells said today that he is not going to start henson next week so keep trying guys.. he also blaimed Vinny's performance on the recievers saying they were dropping balls and running wrong routes

gobbler grad
12-13-2004, 09:14 PM
I missed part of 2nd half, but after seeing replays on ESPN this morning, I think Vinny's gotta go...they may be running wrong routes, but from what I saw he was throwing right to the defender, not much receiver could do but make a tackle...Henson is not the answer either, so Jerry Jones better take a long look at his team after this season and make some changes...

YBS
12-20-2004, 02:49 PM
I for one have not been disappointed with Keyshawn.
And I wouldn't call the Cowboys horrible either...the 49ers and Dolphins, now that's horrible! The Cowboys are just bad.

touche:clap:

Astrosdawg07
12-20-2004, 02:54 PM
I wanna see ROMO, he has one hell of an arm.

JasperDog94
12-20-2004, 05:41 PM
Henson may be the future, but you don't play the rookie when you still have a chance at the playoffs. cough, cough...Pittsburg...cough, cough:D