PDA

View Full Version : 4-headed monster......no longer playing at a stadium near you

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2004, 01:50 PM
Panthers, I don't know that any of you read the board, but I know some of your parents do. This is as much for them as it is for you. Parents, please share my thoughts with your boys or their teammates if you'd like. I'll try to keep it short.

Guys, hold your heads up high, because you have so much for which to be proud. Tony, you are the only 2004 player who has been on varsity since the inception of the LH football PROGRAM in the 2001 season - we only had football teams before. From district newcomer of the year, to the cheerleader for the defense, you will be sorely missed by all, but particularly your brothers on the field, both past & present. Dexter, what a phenomenal job you've done since 2002 as the leader of the monster crew. Your passing ability was exceptional - I've always told people you can & will pass when called upon to do so. Aric, I hated for you & the team that your season basically ended during the Wimblerley game. I hurt for you the last two weeks as I watched you hurting coming off the field, but I know you wanted to play, hurt or not. Ryan, what a huge accomplishment you've had. You became one of the state's leading rushers (over 2150 yds) & scorers (45 TD's). My heart went out to you yesterday when I hugged your neck. Michael, you've done it all & became one of the mainstays of the team. Logan, you helped create the "monster", stepping in for your past brothers.

To the rest of the seniors - Jason, Mingo, Kyle, Jehovah, Miguel, Jeremy, Joseph & Brandon - you may have come along to varsity later, but by playing scout team to some of the best, you definitely learned the meaning of the word "champion". To the juniors & two sophomores, take what you've learned, remember what got you where you were this year, and come back even stronger. Thomas, the "reins" to the monster will now be handed over to you. With 2-1/2 games under your belt, you've shown you're more than capable.

To the LH "has-beens", it was great to sit by ya'll yesterday and watch you cheer on your brothers. I know that Chris is truly sorry that he was not able to be there with you, though he was there in spirit. And just remember guys, it's much better to be a "has-been" than a "never-was".

Last, but definitely not least, Coach Vance and staff, I applaud you on the great things you have done for the players and fans. You have taught the teams Pride, Determination & Heart. We are truly lucky to have you

Now, I'll take you back to my regularly scheduled sig.

44INAROW
12-12-2004, 02:13 PM
:clap: :clap: Nice post LHP mom

CheerMom
12-12-2004, 03:12 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

footballgal
12-12-2004, 05:11 PM
Congrats LH Panthers on a great, great season!

LH Panther mom, you might not be seeing a 4 headed monster, but I believe you have 3 still coming back. I know we will see you'll back next year! :)

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
Congrats LH Panthers on a great, great season!

LH Panther mom, you might not be seeing a 4 headed monster, but I believe you have 3 still coming back. I know we will see you'll back next year! :)

Darn it! I knew I left something out. The 4-headed monster is not gone completely, just resting up for next season. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Old Green
12-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Congrats on a GREAT SEASON PANTHERS!!!!:clap: :clap:

LHMom
12-12-2004, 06:46 PM
Great post, LHPM. What a year! LH Football - it just keeps gettin' better!!

Old No. 7
12-12-2004, 10:01 PM
Congrats on a grear season LH and good luck next year. Yall seem to have great fan support, espcially(sp) LH Panther Mom. :)

rhs78
12-13-2004, 01:38 PM
CONGRATS TO PANTHERS ON A GREAT SEASON AND YOUR GREAT FANS FOR SUPPORTING A TEAM THAT WAS VERY FUN TO WATCH. GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR,I'M SURE REGION 4 WILL BE IN TROUBLE AGAIN!!!

olddawggreen
12-13-2004, 06:45 PM
Congratulations Liberty Hill players, and thanks for letting some of us Burnet Fans tag along during your playoff run, it kept some of us from suffering severe football withdrawel pains this year!:D I look forward to our annual match up next year. Once again congratulations, we are all really proud you!:D

espn1
12-13-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Congratulations Liberty Hill players, and thanks for letting some of us Burnet Fans tag along during your playoff run, it kept some of us from suffering severe football withdrawel pains this year!:D I look forward to our annual match up next year. Once again congratulations, we are all really proud you!:D
Ditto ODG!

gobbler grad
12-13-2004, 09:49 PM
great post panther mom...kids had a tremendous year, but sometimes we can't always fulfill our goals...the panthers will be back next season and try to reach that goal...a state championship...good luck panthers...

olddawggreen
12-13-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
great post panther mom...kids had a tremendous year, but sometimes we can't always fulfill our goals...the panthers will be back next season and try to reach that goal...a state championship...good luck panthers...

Yes they will be back:thumbsup:

BMMtalksports
12-13-2004, 11:03 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Congratulations LH Panthers on a great season! From what I hear you fought hard until the last second. A few Warhorses attended the game and said it was a great game. We couldn't attend as we are alas in the midst basketball. Seniors, I know that you will remember this season for the rest of your lives. But you must also know that your team's great accomplishements will be remembered by many others in our region as well. To be one of the final four in the state, in your division, is an honor. I leave you with the words of Vince Lombardi, "In great attempts it is glorious even to fail."