PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts On Snyder vs. Gilmer

SnyTigerFan
12-12-2004, 11:34 AM
Man...that was a great game.....for Gilmer that is...Snyder was unfortunately just not on top of their game. Im really heartbroken that Snyder couldnt make State championships...but there's always next year....cuz with a new team comes a new oppurtunity.

3afan
12-12-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigerFan
...Snyder was unfortunately just not on top of their game. ....

either was Gilmer -- pretty scary !!!

89Dawg
12-12-2004, 01:19 PM
You guys made it a lot further than most, and that is something to be proud of. Now the kids have something to try and improve on. And if they do improve on this years finish, then they will be playing for state. Good Luck next year.

Bulldog_12
12-12-2004, 01:22 PM
Your guys played really well and moved the ball all over Gilmer's D, but just made some costly mistakes in enemy territory which cost ya'll. Who knows what could have happened to the momentum had ya'll scored instead of fumbled. But Great Season Snyder, Good luck next year.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Snyder made huge mistakes that coast them probably 28 points. 1st thing, you can not win a playoff game giving up 28 points on dumb stuff. Secondly, Gilmer's offense would have scored the 28 extra points anyway, so it really didn't matter.

Dumb moves I saw:

Gilmer - (not many) Going for a touchdown from the 1 yard line in the shotgun. Cost the Bucks 4 points that they should have had. When at teh 1 line up under center so you have the ball at the 2 rather then the 6.

Snyder - lots of bad plays. Leaving the running game. Should have stayed with it no matter how far behind. Gilmer was bt far the better team. Why not at least keep the buckeye offense off teh field with runs. Also runs the clock. I don't think Gilmer ever punted. Anyway, that was my take.

Both teams are good. Gilmer was just better.

Manck
12-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Yeah, that second quarterback (#7, can't remember his name) has a cannon that aims like a shotgun. Had under 25% completions even though Castillo (#86) was open a TON. I don't think that it was a HORRIBLE call leaving the normal gameplan, just poorly executed and a little early.

Hupernikomen
12-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Snyder made huge mistakes that coast them probably 28 points. 1st thing, you can not win a playoff game giving up 28 points on dumb stuff. Secondly, Gilmer's offense would have scored the 28 extra points anyway, so it really didn't matter.

Dumb moves I saw:

Gilmer - (not many) Going for a touchdown from the 1 yard line in the shotgun. Cost the Bucks 4 points that they should have had. When at teh 1 line up under center so you have the ball at the 2 rather then the 6.

Snyder - lots of bad plays. Leaving the running game. Should have stayed with it no matter how far behind. Gilmer was bt far the better team. Why not at least keep the buckeye offense off teh field with runs. Also runs the clock. I don't think Gilmer ever punted. Anyway, that was my take.

Both teams are good. Gilmer was just better.

Jasper doesn't have a qb who has ever taken a snap under center. the shotgun just gives the qb a better chance to find the whole I guess...I don't agree with it either but it has worked so far.

Haunta Yo
12-12-2004, 04:46 PM
Being under center and running QB sneak from the 1 didn't work out too well for LH yesterday. It's easy to second guess, though.

nutcrackin
12-13-2004, 04:09 PM
Gilmer's defense created those mistakes as i observed your starting quarterback only play 1 quarter. Dee Walker got lit up several times pulling himself out of the game. Chad Brown getting destroyed by our sophmore #14 Dominique Buchanon a 220 lb. sledge hammer at linebacker. True we did have our fair share of turnovers but what came out of them. 1 first down and 0 points in the second half. That is called shutdown D. "Offense fills the seats and Defense knocks you out dem' cleats". I don't want to hear about Snyder beating them selves. gilmer punted one time which was in the 4th quarter after the game had been decided. 2 TD's called back which would have been 67 points and 2 turnovers in the red zone which at least would have been another score. U are lucky 70 + wasn't put on you. I do want to say that Lico Castillo played a couragaous game but his mimicing our coach's hand signals almost got him toasted by # 28 whom dropped a 60 yd bomb. Walking out of the tunnel, delaying the game and poor sportsmanship is what i will remember most about this game.....

Snyder_TigerFan
12-13-2004, 04:45 PM
Your arrogance doesn't stop! You won, good job. No one has said we lost because of our mistakes. It just didn't help our cause and put us behind quickly.

Please tell me when there was poor sportsmanship?? By delaying the game, do you mean the final time out so that the coach (i'm assuming) could tell his team how proud he was? And what about the tunnel? I don't remember Dee taking himself off the field, nor do I remember him getting hit in the backfield. Maybe at the line, but not in the backfield.

Hupernikomen
12-13-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan

By delaying the game, do you mean the final time out so that the coach (i'm assuming) could tell his team how proud he was? And what about the tunnel?

I heard that on the internet that he had called a timeout...I figured it was for something like that or to get the seniors in for the final play. It was a nice move on your coaches part. You guys had a great year. Congrats.

buckeye89cm
12-13-2004, 05:13 PM
nutcrackin,

Keep it real buddy!!!

Great game Snyder, the boys played a good game.
Good luck to Jasper and let's pray there are no injuries.

One thing is for sure,

Gilmer and Jasper are the best in 3A Div 2 and I believe the best in Div 1 as well. (This we will never know for sure)

I'm just concerned that there won't be enough seating for the game. I know that when we played Tatum, we filled the home side and some of Tatum’s side at SFA.

Are you ready for some football?

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Jasper doesn't have a qb who has ever taken a snap under center. the shotgun just gives the qb a better chance to find the whole I guess...I don't agree with it either but it has worked so far.

Of course just my opinion about the run game against Gilmer. The other poster I guess didn't realize that Walker was way over 100 yards. They came from running inside. The linebackers didn't impress me like the DB's did. The Lb's did their job but they did give up over 100 yards rushing. I would have also used the Full back more. He was the one that fumbled inside the Gilmer 10. Big play. Nevertheless Gilmer has a great team and they were by far much more talented than Snyder.

I don't know anything about Jasper. Just in my opinion the crack in the Gilmer defense is up the gut.

Hupernikomen
12-13-2004, 05:25 PM
Jasper will no doubt try to test the corners and the gut in their gameplan. Nothing real fancy in what we try to do running the ball. We have good success off guard and around the end. This will be an exciting game to watch. Good athletes all over the field.

Manck
12-13-2004, 05:29 PM
Of course just my opinion about the run game against Gilmer. The other poster I guess didn't realize that Walker was way over 100 yards. They came from running inside.

And they came from bouncing out of crappy arm tackles by the LBs.

Just compare the first half and second half stats, and go back listen to the srchive of the LST broadcast and see how many long runs Snyder busts besides returns on turnovers.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-13-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Manck

Just compare the first half and second half stats, and go back listen to the srchive of the LST broadcast and see how many long runs Snyder busts besides returns on turnovers.

I was a bit surprised that Walker didn't break a long run. Gilmer's db's though have as much speed as Walker. The safites played very well and rushed in quickly to support the run. You can talk about this game all day long and the what if, and fumbles etc. Gilmer was much better than Snyder. I also agree with some others that have stated that Gilmer may be the best team in class 3A. I haven't seen Jasper play so I really don't know what they have.

Black_Magic
12-13-2004, 07:57 PM

WOW how many times has that been said when it comes to Dee Walker. Look He had 140 yards vs what you tout to be the #1 D in the state...... credit due to them and him????

Manck
12-13-2004, 08:00 PM
I was saying that most of Walker's yards were in the first half. When the defense finally decided that they needed to play...I'm pretty sure that he hade less than 30 yds in the second half.

Black_Magic
12-14-2004, 11:07 AM
I was saying that most of Walker's yards were in the first half. When the defense finally decided that they needed to play...I'm pretty sure that he hade less than 30 yds in the second half. WELL ... did you ever stop to think that Snyder was behind and had to get out to the usual running game???? I think that the fact that Walker had over 100 yards in the first half says that they could run the ball well on Gilmer. Look Gilmer is really good. BUT they dont have the best D in the state or even close. Sweetwater has a better D. Wylie has a better D. Walker would have had close to 200 if they had kept running the ball. that didnt happen becaues the tigers were trying to play catch up by throwing the ball ( #86 Lico Castillo had 5 catches for over 100 yards and 2 TDs ) so your corners were not so bueno as you tout. thye got out of thier traditional game plan and GIlmer Won.. but the facts stated are acurate.

Bubba-Joe
12-14-2004, 11:14 AM
Black Magic the Gilmer paper is hammering the Snyder boys hard
Get in there and defend your team.

WitchyWoman
12-14-2004, 11:30 AM
Way to respond Black Magic. I'm not saying Gilmer is not a superb football team they are. But I've watched our Tiger team and all though you may not like this comment we were definately not playing ball to our full potential, the way we have all season against tough teams like Abilene Wylie, Sweetwater and so fourth. No matter the outcome and on which veiw point you take, our team of boys made Tiger history and I'm not talking just in the last 5,10 or 20 years. I'm talking about EVER in the 69 years of Tiger football and we are PROUD of them and our OUSTANDING COACHING STAFF. This is to "NUT CRACKIN" you need to check yourself b/c we definately deserved to be there. And unless you were on that line and playing against those boys at every game don't set there on your PC and talk about bad sportsmanship and delay of games, and how we were weak.... They say the qualities that most annoy us are the ones we see in the mirror so take a look "NUT CRACKIN" cause I think you need a dose of graciousness!!!

Snyder_TigerFan
12-14-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by nutcrackin
.... Walking out of the tunnel, delaying the game and poor sportsmanship is what i will remember most about this game.....

No response Nuts? I would like to know what you saw that exhibited poor sportsmanship. If you're going to post something like that, you should be able to back it up.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-14-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
No response Nuts? I would like to know what you saw that exhibited poor sportsmanship. If you're going to post something like that, you should be able to back it up.

That would be the delay of the start of the game. After the coin flip all of the Tiger players went back into the Tiger Tunnel and then came out again delaying the game. The Gilmer players were all on the field ready to play.

I'm sure that is what he is talking about.

cameron
12-14-2004, 01:45 PM
I was saying that most of Walker's yards were in the first half. When the defense finally decided that they needed to play...I'm pretty sure that he hade less than 30 yds in the second half.

Want some waa-burger for your french-cries....you were never in the game...snyder came out with a no huddle offense and that was obviously planned and tried to run...they didnt do that just to try and catch up....they started passing because you were getting further behind...and i was right on top of both castillo's catches and he made the play...that all good athelets are gonna make and the corner was right where he was suppose to be....even in your abilene newspaper your trying to say if you wouldnt have had so many turnovers you would have won....please..gilmer had just as many and you still couldnt do anything.....gilmer had a dismall performance on offense and an average day on defense....and another thing i talked to several "Men" after the game from snyder who were coordial and polite and they said gilmer would have beaten any team snyder has played (so that means defense)....soo stop your whinning....Mr. Walker had a dismall night compared to any other game hes had...(defense)....and hes a good back according to all of you...and i would have to agree...sooo a (defense) did the job.......you had less yards rushing than spring hill had against us...they could have beaten snyder...and tatum would have clobbered you as well......

nutcrackin
12-14-2004, 01:48 PM
Each team was told that they had 45 minutes to warm up. Gilmer met the requirement and Snyder didn't. The officials aknowledged this but said that they wouldn't penalize them for it because Ennis hadn't left the field of play yet. Officials faults maybe but anyway...... Castillo making fun of our sign language play calling, trying to hurt our QB when the game was out of reach while taking a knee on the snap, hitting our freshman running back in the helmet several times in the closing minutes on the final series. Classless and without character...that's ok though... you can read about what it's like to play for a state title.. notice i didn't say win one... not yet.

nutcrackin
12-14-2004, 01:51 PM
who else besides Gilmer has held snyder to 1 first down and 0 points in the second half.... weren't ya'll suppose to be this amazing 2nd half team.. look the euphoria of playing in Texas stadium had alot to do with the play of our boys. i'm sure it had something to do with snyder's play as well. so i look more at the 2nd half rather than the first once the nerves had settled. 2nd half score was 14-0 Gilmer..

nutcrackin
12-14-2004, 01:55 PM
don't make excuses.. that makes you team, fans and community look bad when you're being a sore loser.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-14-2004, 02:30 PM
That would be the delay of the start of the game. After the coin flip all of the Tiger players went back into the Tiger Tunnel and then came out again delaying the game. The Gilmer players were all on the field ready to play.

I'm sure that is what he is talking about.

Okay, I got to the game a little late, so I didn't see that. I can understand be a little upset about that.

...... Castillo making fun of our sign language play calling, trying to hurt our QB when the game was out of reach while taking a knee on the snap, hitting our freshman running back in the helmet several times in the closing minutes on the final series.

I never saw Castillo making fun of calls. I think he has more class than that. Nor did I see anyone trying to hurt your QB nor did I see any personal foul calls. Personally, I thought it was pretty stupid of the coach to leave him in the game as long as he did. Unless I'm wrong, he's still a target for the defense. I also thought it was rather classless to still be throwing the deep ball with 4:00 left and up by 33. Again, I never saw a flag regarding hitting "the freshman running back in the helmet".

You won, we lost period.

SnyTigerFan
12-14-2004, 02:31 PM
SNYDER IS STILL STATE CHAMPS IN MY HEART...lol

Bulldog_12
12-14-2004, 02:35 PM
don't make excuses.. that makes you team, fans and community look bad when you're being a sore loser.
Not to cross any boundaries here. I know this isnt my argument, but you accuse them of being sore losers when you started talking mess first. Maybe you should learn how to take a win. Be grateful that your team won and go on, dont try to get on the other team just because they said why they think they lost. JMHO

nutcrackin
12-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Not to cross any boundaries here. I know this isnt my argument, but you accuse them of being sore losers when you started talking mess first. Maybe you should learn how to take a win. Be grateful that your team won and go on, dont try to get on the other team just because they said why they think they lost. JMHO

you are crossing boundaries because you were not there to witness the game. My comments were about the lack of sportsmanship on their behalf not to rub it in their face. once they started sounding off, then i reacted to them afterwards.... you should worry about those BullPups.

DaHop72
12-14-2004, 03:03 PM
1. The official did have to go to the locker room to get the Tigers.
2. Dee did get upended in the backfield on the first play he ran.
3. Dee came out one time to get his helmet worked on and came in on the next play.
4. The Tigers play hard to the end of the game as did Gilmer.

People we could go on and on about every little thing there is to nitpick or we can leave it that Snyder turned the ball over and Gilmer capitalize on it and we didn't capitaize on any of their turnover. Saturday night the best team won. These boys are high school teenagers and not professionals, they will make mistakes. I think we should congratulate Gilmer for a job well done, and be proud of our Tigers for going further in the play-offs than any team in Snyder history.

As to nutcrakin, LHPanther mom can tell you he posts like a 12 year old, ignore him. Cameron is a solid high school fan who loves to watch the game of football. Peace out.

P.S. Cameron I posted another spot, wondering if you son had on the jersey with the #56???

westTXbest
12-14-2004, 03:07 PM
I dont think it matters how many yards dee walker had or how many castillo had, snyder just got whooped and as far as class ask the greenwood boys about how snyder plays.

Black_Magic
12-14-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Not to cross any boundaries here. I know this isnt my argument, but you accuse them of being sore losers when you started talking mess first. Maybe you should learn how to take a win. Be grateful that your team won and go on, dont try to get on the other team just because they said why they think they lost. JMHO Thank you Bulldog_12. this is what we have been saying. Snyder lost but showed why they made it to that point many times during the game. No excuses were made. BUT, we dont take this unfounded trash talk and exagerations. Its clear that Gilmer does not have much class or have the ablility to win with dignity. they have to put down the people they beat afterwards.

Another thing.. Im not trying to start anything but. If I were a Gilmer fan I would quit bringing up the fact that yall practiced at Texas stadium last Tuesday .. That 6 hour Trip counts against your 8 hours. I know your practices lasted at least 2 and a half hours Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday as well.... that puts you way over your 8 hours. IF somone wanted to make a big deal over it and had it investigated, I assure you you would be giving a trophy back. But Snyder is not desperate and would not want the trophy that way. But someone els may have it in for you( esspecialy because of your lack of class and arrogance in your attitude ) You may want to check your attitude and boasting about where you workout at because it could end up in losing a trophy and title.....;) Just a little friendly advice..;)

Manck
12-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Another thing.. Im not trying to start anything but. If I were a Gilmer fan I would quit bringing up the fact that yall practiced at Texas stadium last Tuesday .. That 6 hour Trip counts against your 8 hours. I know your practices lasted at least 2 and a half hours Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday as well.... that puts you way over your 8 hours. IF somone wanted to make a big deal over it and had it investigated, I assure you you would be giving a trophy back. But Snyder is not desperate and would not want the trophy that way. But someone els may have it in for you( esspecialy because of your lack of class and arrogance in your attitude ) You may want to check your attitude and boasting about where you workout at because it could end up in losing a trophy and title.....;) Just a little friendly advice..;)

Already been brought up, and nobody could find where that constituted a rules violation. As publicized as it was, with a newspaper article and such, I would hope that if it was done illegaly, somebody pointed that out to the staff at Gilmer, and I know that they have the integrity to practice within the guidelines afterwards if they found that the drive did count against them.

nutcrackin
12-14-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by westTXbest
I dont think it matters how many yards dee walker had or how many castillo had, snyder just got whooped and as far as class ask the greenwood boys about how snyder plays.

Please elaborate... i think it would mean so much more coming from another opponent of these sportsmanship award winners..

cameron
12-14-2004, 03:46 PM

Ok...man have i had it with you on this post, you have know idea what your talking about...."read the rules, no-where does it say that" dont question the integrity of someone you dont know..."coach Traylor" I assure you, you will lose...and if you want to debate this I will debate it with you and will post the rules and all associated rules that go with it....your once again grasping for straws to find someway to deminish a teams win and your loss...believe me if gilmer looses to jasper you wont hear any of the sort from us.....if you want to debate this game i will debate it with you....and you will lose....you say just enough to insinuate what your really thinking, just to keep the crap going....take nutt for what he is a homer who posts the facts as he sees it and most of what he has posted is fact....

DA, sorry I didnt see the post, yes that was my son...11yrs old, 5'7 155...starts left guard, back up center, right defensive tackle will be a 7th grader next year......

Bulldog_12
12-14-2004, 04:02 PM
.... you should worry about those BullPups.
Likewise to you. You tell me to "worry" about thos "bullpups" but you should as well. Maybe you should think about this next game rather than dwell on your last one. If you get caught looking back, you might not see whats waiting ahead of you. Heres my tip to you, dont get blind-sided.

JasperDog94
12-14-2004, 05:01 PM
.. That 6 hour Trip counts against your 8 hours. I know your practices lasted at least 2 and a half hours Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday as well.... that puts you way over your 8 hours. Just a question:

Does the trip time count against your practice time? I've never heard of this before.

cameron
12-14-2004, 05:12 PM
No it doesnt, not according to the specific wording in the rules...their is no instance where time to and from a practice is regulated....the 8 hrs are a guideline for practice outside of school hours than kids can be kept or mandated, and it specifically says that travel to and from events, or games does not count against that time.....you can even use time alotted for during school and travel to extracirricular activities to back up any claims of wrong doing for any teams traveling to practice at a site they have never played at....you can even add field trips in their if you want to pile on more time....its specific about the block time (300hrs or 8 hrs a school week of practice time outside of school that can be mandated or required).......only.

cameron
12-14-2004, 05:16 PM
sorry forgot about this point...there is also a rule that says kids are allowed to use school property outside that 8hr or 300hrs block time if they choose to....IE:...shoes, equipment, weights...etc.

Black_Magic
12-14-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by cameron
No it doesnt, not according to the specific wording in the rules...their is no instance where time to and from a practice is regulated....the 8 hrs are a guideline for practice outside of school hours than kids can be kept or mandated, and it specifically says that travel to and from events, or games does not count against that time.....you can even use time alotted for during school and travel to extracirricular activities to back up any claims of wrong doing for any teams traveling to practice at a site they have never played at....you can even add field trips in their if you want to pile on more time....its specific about the block time (300hrs or 8 hrs a school week of practice time outside of school that can be mandated or required).......only. Yes It does... Travel time to and from events ( games ) dont count against the 8 hours But. If you are Traveling to workout it does. thats the rule. film time counts against the 8 as well. Call the UIL and ask if you dont believe me. It is comfirmed by them. If you mandate that kids stay with you then it is against the 8 hours. you guys went on a school bus after school hours. travel time in that case counts. check it if you dont believe me. Believe me you want this issue to go away and you dont want to have a debate on this

cameron
12-14-2004, 05:34 PM
It is comfirmed by them. If you mandate that kids stay with you then it is against the 8 hours. you guys went on a school bus after school hours. travel time in that case counts. check it if you dont believe me. Believe me you want this issue to go away and you dont want to have a debate on this

Ohhh nooo a threat....your the guy who brought it up and now you want to threaten me to drop it.....im not scarred hero....what UIL representitive confirmed this too you....where and in what section does it say what your claiming....make me a believer!

BY THE WAY I SAID 300hrs earlier "I WAS WRONG" it is 300min.

Section 1206: SCHOOL PRACTICE And GAME RESTRICTIONS
C. During intersessions schools shall limit practice for in-season athletic activities to a maximum of eight hours per school week per activity, in addition to a maximum of 60 minutes per day, (or 300 minutes per week on a block schedule), Monday through the end of the school day on Friday.

Now that doesnt say anything about travel ^^^^^...Your turn...

Black_Magic
12-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Ohhh nooo a threat....your the guy who brought it up and now you want to threaten me to drop it.....im not scarred hero....what UIL representitive confirmed this too you....where and in what section does it say what your claiming....make me a believer!

BY THE WAY I SAID 300hrs earlier "I WAS WRONG" it is 300min.

C. During intersessions schools shall limit practice for in-season athletic activities to a maximum of eight hours per school week per activity, in addition to a maximum of 60 minutes per day, (or 300 minutes per week on a block schedule), Monday through the end of the school day on Friday.

Now that doesnt say anything about travel ^^^^^...Your turn... Look if you dont believe me call the UIL. they will be glad to clear it up for you. I already know what they will say because I know someone who made a call like that about a question on the 8 hour rule. Do you realy think the UIL would let teams take kids on 6 hour trips every day and not make them count that as practice time????? please. Look the only reason I bring it up is because someone from gilmer again mentioned the Tuesday trip to Texas stadium. By the way do you know exactly when the got back Tuesday night? I just know the rules and Gilmer violated the 8 hour rule last week by going such a long way from gilmer to practice. Im saying that if someone wanted to press the issue Gilmer may mave to give up a trophy. If Snyder wanted to press the issue they could have thursday before the game but thats not what Snyder is about. BUT some other people out there who would press such an issue would have big violation to press if all this came to light in the eyes of the UIL. My main problem is Gilmer lacks grace in winning. clearly its not enough to win. You guys want to degrade the team you beat both before and after you play them. I know there are others who see it as well. No threats hear.... just stating facts and my oppinion as to what Gilmer should do about this issue. believe me with this game on the line you guys want this to go away. so I would not let Jasper folks hear about your little trip to Texas stadium or any other long practice trips Gilmer takes.;)

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-14-2004, 06:17 PM
Its over now let the dog sleep now.

gtownpoke
12-14-2004, 06:40 PM
Wow the Snyder people called in to see if it counted or not and the UIL said it was fine. They already checked and there wasnt anything there that had to do with the time you spend on a bus.

Black_Magic
12-14-2004, 06:58 PM
No the Snyder people didnt call about the Gilmer practice at TX stadium...:rolleyes: they didnt have to . they know the rule because they asked about clarification on it and exactly what counts against and counts for. shees! Maybe someone should call the UIL and ask about the Gilmer practice at TX stadium just so you guys dont repeat your infraction. you clearly need to be informed so that you dont get nailed for in in the future.:rolleyes:

TOPS1435
12-14-2004, 09:15 PM
By the way, Robert E. Lee of Tyler did the same thing the week before. How many trophies do you want back?

I do not know about Marshall.

The bus trip started at 1:30 p.m. so much of the travel time getting there was before school let out.

Black_Magic
12-14-2004, 09:27 PM
:rolleyes: This is not rockes science. Look, its simple and clear. travel time to and from the actual game or event does not count against the 8 hours. If the bus trip started at 1:30 and took 3 hours to get there it would mean you started workout at4:40 or so and the 8 hours would start counting at 3:30 or when ever school lets out in Gilmer. BUT if you go to Dallas and it takes a total of say 6 hours to get there practice and come back after school lets out in gilmer then it goes against the 8 hour limit. if you then spend 2 and a half hours practicing Monday, wednesday and then again on Thursday it would come to 13 and a half hours... Just a little over what is alowed... check it out.. call... you will see and then you can come on here and say you were wrong. Im not saying anyone should give anything back. Im just saying you should not be braging about going up early to TX stadium and practicing then coming home. If Gilmer came up Thursday and practiced and stayed the nights Thursday and friday and played on saturday then your travel time does not count against your 8 hours because you didnt go back home and then come back to the game destination. Understand. it is the rule though. but call and check it out for your self if you dont believe it.

lobo dad
12-15-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by gtownpoke
Wow the Snyder people called in to see if it counted or not and the UIL said it was fine. They already checked and there wasnt anything there that had to do with the time you spend on a bus.

Before rookies quack about something they are posting, they should make sure they know that their quote has some relivance to it.

cameron
12-15-2004, 09:39 AM
Im not going to comment anymore on this but to continue to post this from straight out of the UIL rule book....

Now that doesnt say anything about travel ^^^^^...

oh well
12-15-2004, 10:16 AM
As much as I hate to admit Blk Magic is right. Drive time does count against you. Cameron if you will U2 me I will send you the rulling from the UIL I think this is a topic that need to be dropped. This is not the reason Gilmer scored 53 points or Snyder only 20. Everyone needs to drop this topic.

Black_Magic
12-15-2004, 10:21 AM
hate to admit it?;)

cameron
12-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Ok, I am conceding the topic to Oh-Well, based on an e-mail sent to me by Oh-Well.....as far as im concerned its dropped....if you Blk_Majic feel like you wanna boast about it.....feel free to do so, because I understand the pain and loss you still feel for your team and if this helps you, by all means run it in the ground...I will also say to Blk_Majic that no rules were violated....but you appear to be correct....

Black_Magic
12-15-2004, 12:27 PM
The only thing I have felt the need to do is stand up for The tigers against some unfair and unfounded remarks. Have not seen any positive coments from Gilmer posters about The Tigers before or after the contest. Snyder folks all had nothing negative to say about Gilmer at ANY point when it come to talent of Gilmers team. After the game Snyder people simply stated that gilmer was very good and was the better team. they believe that Snyder had good things come of the game and some of The Tigers still did great during the game ( walker and Castillo for example). But aparently Gilmer posters wanted to play off or explaine off ANY success Snyder had during the game as coming because Gilmer messed up or gilmer let it happen. I say win with Grace and compliment your opponents after the game and apreciate thier talent and give credit where it is due. Dont put them down and degrade them. I dont recall many people on this site who does that like Gilmer has. I dont want Gilmer to lose a trophy on accout of a mistake the coaches made in traveling to TX stadium . I wanted to point it out becuase you should know and so you maybe would stop that sort of thing in the future if not at least boast about a trip like that. I wish all the Gilmer players well in the college careers.

JasperDog94
12-15-2004, 12:27 PM
...I will also say to Blk_Majic that no rules were violated....but you appear to be correct.... :confused: If no rules were violated, then he's not correct.

cameron
12-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Wow..you are so far out there guy.....it all goes back to gilmer posters...incredible...but i did say run it in the ground....soo please feel free to continue......

JasperDog94
12-15-2004, 12:51 PM
Wow..you are so far out there guy...... Who? Me? I'm so confused...:confused: :confused:

TheDOCTORdre
12-15-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Who? Me? I'm so confused...:confused: :confused:
No not you he was refering to a remark that Black_Magic made

JasperDog94
12-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Oh, okay. Thanks. I feel better now.:)

nutcrackin
12-15-2004, 01:10 PM
Ok guys.... i do know that coach Traylor of gilmer phoned UIL and explained exactly what he was doing. He got their OK and that was enough for him. He isn't that foolish to try and sneak a few extra hours of practice time.
As to the Snyder team, i think they played a tough, hard nosed game and should be good for years to come. i am over the sportsmanship issue because if Gilmer was in the same position i am sure all would not have taken it so well. it hurts to get that far and not advance. these are just boys after all. Good luck next year Tigers.. you will be better than Gilmer more than likely.

gtownpoke
12-15-2004, 01:34 PM
Yes I might be a rookie on here... but Im a coaches son. If yall are gettin mad about us goin to Dallas to practice and want to turn it into the UIL, you need to check the finger thats pointing the blame. Your Snyder Tigers went over to Dallas and practiced there friday night before the game.

Black_Magic
12-15-2004, 01:47 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: UM... thats within the rules:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It happened while on the way to the game destination and Snyder didnt come back until Saturday. it also took place after friday afternoon at say 5:00PM so the 8 hour rule didnt even come in to question at all:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: calm down. nobody is turning anyone in.

Phantom Stang
12-15-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by TOPS1435

The bus trip started at 1:30 p.m. so much of the travel time getting there was before school let out.

So, it looks as though the STUDENTS missed at least one Academic Class Period with the intent of practicing for an UPCOMING EVENT.

The UIL went along with this? Were they provided with ALL of the facts?

buckeye89cm
12-16-2004, 06:42 PM
Let's talk about Gilmer Vs Jasper!!!

What a great game that will be. I can't wait till kick off.
Two great teams going head to head. Jasper's boy's want a state championship just as bad as our boy's do.

Good luck Bulldogs and congrats on a fine year so far.

I hope Gilmer can win and look forward to a great HS football game.

Buckeye80
12-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by buckeye89cm
Let's talk about Gilmer Vs Jasper!!!

What a great game that will be. I can't wait till kick off.
Two great teams going head to head. Jasper's boy's want a state championship just as bad as our boy's do.

Good luck Bulldogs and congrats on a fine year so far.

I hope Gilmer can win and look forward to a great HS football game.

Amen to that! I'll have plenty to say about this one before Saturday. I'll be back later.