PDA

View Full Version : Navasota Voters Approve Schools, Stadium

rattlerbb01
12-12-2004, 12:47 AM
Proposition One - $18 million, Construction of k-4 elementary school in Plantersville, TX; Major addition to primary school to consolidate k-1 and 2-3 grade schools to hold k-4 (6th grade now goes to intermediate instead of junior high) *passed 868-568
Proposition Two - $5 million, Major additions to High School - New competition gymnasium, locker rooms, band hall, choir, and new cafeteria. *passed 803-526
Proposition Three - $2 million, Upgrade of Track Facility at High School to varsity football complex. Return Brule Field to original glory for Jr. High use and soccer use. New Stadium will hold 4500 to 5000, with restrooms and concession for each side. *passed 774-639

To all those who posted on my last thread, thank you for your opinions. I was happy to see that the kids still in high school have so much interest in the outcome of the election and that they really embrace the tradition of what it is to be a Rattler!
Man, I know that the new schools wont be operational until 2006, but I am so glad that the people of Plantersville now have a school down there. From all my travel around the county, I can tell that once this school is built, watch out South Grimes County! Growth and new homes and maybe even businesses are sure to be close behind. The high school additions and field should be ready soon from what I heard.

NHSRattler60
12-12-2004, 01:03 AM
Ok....now all we need is homecoming at Brule. We've done homecoming there since the 1930s and won almost every year. I say to make that a tradition. At least have the Homecoming Pep Rally at Brule. Just because we're getting a new toy doesn't mean we should turn it completely over to the Rugrats in JH. I hope someone catches wind of this or reads this post. I'm sure I speak for everyone else (if not then oh well) when I say that brule should remain a prat of the High School as well. It has for a little less than a century. It's too big for JH use alone.

I know I'm not the only one that thinks that way....

rattlerbb01
12-12-2004, 01:14 AM
well, i guess there's at least 639 others that agree with you in some way. i am just glad that progress is approved for a change. It seems like anything that brings a degree of change, good or bad, has been shot down in the past. fact is, we needed all this stuff. remember playing in elgin last year at there old stadium before they built their new one? 5 rows of seating for visitors in a 4A school just didn't cut it, and the way the Navasota program has turned around under Burk and these seniors, we attract to many fans especially in district. Now we can accomadate them all, and have a fine facility to do it at. And PLUS, being a former basketball player, I am thrilled to see a new gym being built. Might take away our rubber advantage though.