PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer's Stats

j-hawks
12-12-2004, 12:26 AM
Score was Gilmer 39 Snyder 20 at half. gilmer shut down Snyder in the second half. Manual Johnson QB (3A Player of the Year for Dave Campbell's Texas Football) was 15 for 23 and 1 int for 333 yards passing, 10 rushes for 43 yards. Gilmer as a team had 161 rushing, 333 passing for 495 total O, for 10.1 yards a play. The only down side was Gilmer's 6 turnovers.
Go Bucks, beat Jasper!!!

Holmes_Fans
12-12-2004, 12:45 AM
Gilmer was freakin FAST, players had the speed but lacked some strength. Had the ball stripped 2 or 3 times. Both time a Snyder player had no one inbetween him and the endzone, but would get chased down.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-12-2004, 01:19 AM
If they turn the ball over six times against us the will NOT win the game. Other than that, i see it being a close one like this week with Jasper winning our first state championship. WE READY!

spiveyrat
12-12-2004, 01:30 AM
Git 'em Dogs!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

sundevil
12-12-2004, 04:49 AM
Jasper, I don't think you have any idea what is headed for you. I don't think it will be close. I see another shell shocked crowd after the 1st Quarter......at that team will be setting on the home side (Jasper for those who didn't know).

Game starts at 5pm. Be there are be ????? (does it matter?)

3afan
12-12-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
Gilmer was freakin FAST, players had the speed but lacked some strength. Had the ball stripped 2 or 3 times. Both time a Snyder player had no one inbetween him and the endzone, but would get chased down.

the strip-n-run may have been snyder's best play !!! ;)

Wildcat81
12-12-2004, 08:46 AM
get'm dawgs.

YBS
12-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by sundevil
Jasper, I don't think you have any idea what is headed for you. I don't think it will be close. I see another shell shocked crowd after the 1st Quarter......at that team will be setting on the home side (Jasper for those who didn't know).

Game starts at 5pm. Be there are be ????? (does it matter?)

Oooh! Oooh! Can I be "Hupernikomen" this time?!

OK, I'm new at this, but here goes...(ahem)

:( You're right sundevil. It doesn't matter. We shouldn't even show up. Gilmer is the snake to our mongoose...or the mongoose to our snake...which ever one...I don't know animals that well, but I do know that Jasper will get rolled up like Owens Corning siding. Why won't that state title stop TEASING us?

HOW'D I DO? Please, hold your applause:hand:

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by YBS

:( You're right sundevil. It doesn't matter. We shouldn't even show up. Gilmer is the snake to our mongoose...or the mongoose to our snake...which ever one...I don't know animals that well, but I do know that Jasper will get rolled up like Owens Corning siding. Why won't that state title stop TEASING us?

WOW! With your impersonation, you should take take that act on the road! :D :clap: :clap: :clap: (Sorry, I must applaud!)

BlueBlood
12-12-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by YBS

I want to puke.

3afan
12-12-2004, 12:40 PM
my dog did this morning ... :(

89Dawg
12-12-2004, 01:10 PM
YBS, that was good! I know animals and the Mongoose gets the snake. Don't worry about sundevil, he is just a Buckeye

Bulldog_12
12-12-2004, 01:11 PM
Man, it really seems like Gilmer fans are talking a LOT of crap. Who knows, maybe YOU will be the ones DOG-shocked. LETS SHUT EM UP DAWGS!!!!!!!!!

Manck
12-12-2004, 01:29 PM
Interesting thing I just noted.

Gilmer had a big point margin against Madison. Their next opponent, Tatum, had a close game against Wilmer-Hutchins.
GILMER 60, TATUM 35

Gilmer had a big point margin against Tatum. Their next opponent, Snyder, had a close game against Sweetwater.
GILMER 53, SNYDER 20

Gilmer had a big point margin against Snyder. Their next opponent, Jasper, had a close game against Liberty Hill.
????

I honestly don't think that Gilmer will run away from Jasper though. I just thought that was interesting. Should be a GREAT game, and I will make the meet and greet unless TSN actually gives the LST some space in the booth. I'm still not sure what I would want more. Yell for my alma mater towards their first state championship, or call the game for them.....tough choice, should it arise.

89Dawg
12-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Another interesting thing is that Jasper finished 3rd in their district, but the 1st and 2nd place teams are no longer in the playoffs. I can't wait to see how the speed and teams match up.

89Dawg
12-12-2004, 01:39 PM
How 'bout them Cowboys 10-0 over NO.

buckeye89cm
12-12-2004, 04:37 PM
Gilmer fans do not talk trash. Most of the perceived trash talking is factual.
I wish both teams the best. Of Course I hope the Buckeyes come out on top. P.S. I spoke to some of the Jasper coaches after the game. Shell Shocked was the expressions on there face. Overall they are just as excited to see the match up as I am.
Good Luck! The best team will win!!!!

3afan
12-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by buckeye89cm
I wish both teams the best. Of Course I hope the Buckeyes come out on top. P.S. I spoke to some of the Jasper coaches after the game. Shell Shocked was the expressions on there face. Overall they are just as excited to see the match up as I am.

yes some gilmer fans talk trash, just like some fans of every team .............

Hupernikomen
12-12-2004, 04:56 PM

LOL...jasper coaches were shell-shocked after watching gilmer play...I can just imagine the fear in their eyes...

Hupernikomen
12-12-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by YBS

hey, hey ...leave the sarcasm to me..

JasperDog94
12-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
LOL...jasper coaches were shell-shocked after watching gilmer play...I can just imagine the fear in their eyes... I was thinking the same thing.

j_dog
12-12-2004, 11:24 PM
One amazing thing I have noticed over the past few weeks. Jasper doesn't talk much about stats, but our opponents sure like to. :D We learned the hard way two years ago that past stats don't mean beans the day of the game. But we are still playing football. That is a stat we like! :) Other than that, from the stats, I don't see any reason for us to even show up Saturday! :(

Guess we'll just show up and try to enjoy them moment! :)

YBS
12-13-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
WOW! With your impersonation, you should take take that act on the road! :D :clap: :clap: :clap: (Sorry, I must applaud!)

First to LHPMom: Thank you. I do all types of weddings, formal events, and bachelorette parties. Also, my roommate came to the game Saturday, and commented he felt your guys had more heart than he'd seen possibly ever for LH to come back in the 2nd half like they did. Great game; great year!

To Hup: I'll step back and continue to be a rookie. I just wanted a taste of what the field was like!

To everyone else: If there is a blowout at this game it'll be in someone's hair and not on the field. These two teams are both playing EXCELLENT ball right now, and have both won over EXCELLENT competition. Saturday night will work everything else out.

89JDAWG
12-13-2004, 10:48 AM

with the level of football that we play and have played for many many years do you really think that our coaches would be shell shocked? the look on there face that you mistook was one of realization that the state trophy will reside in JASPER!!

buckeye89cm
12-13-2004, 11:47 AM
with the level of football that we play and have played for many many years do you really think that our coaches would be shell shocked? the look on there face that you mistook was one of realization that the state trophy will reside in JASPER!!

I could have miss read the look on there face considering they traveled from Jasper to College Station and then to Texas Stadium. Not to mention, "Coaching a game in the mean while." LOL
I can't wait for the game. It will be a good one. I'm not sure Jasper has seen such an offense as Gilmer. Our QB can and will throw to 5 different receivers at any time and can hand the ball of to at least 3 different running backs at any time. If that doesn't work he will decide to take it him self. (Trouble) I wish Jasper all the luck on figuring out what no one including 2 4A schools could figure out!
Gilmer is too much for Jasper's D. Of Course I'm partial to my team so we will anxiously await the out come.
Good Luck to you guys and I look forward to a great state game.

j_dog
12-13-2004, 11:55 AM
You are probably right about Jasper not playing an offense like Gilmer's.

Good luck to Gilmer also. :) I think it WILL be a great state game.

Black_Magic
12-13-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
with the level of football that we play and have played for many many years do you really think that our coaches would be shell shocked? the look on there face that you mistook was one of realization that the state trophy will reside in JASPER!! Dont worry. This is EXACTLY the thing that was said prior to the Snyder - Gilmer game. I think Gilmer thinks that They Invented the game of football. Look Gilmer is a very good team. But they dont do anything that may other teams do. its the spread Offense . Many teams run it. Gilmer does it well and has great people to use. But its not Greek to 99% of coaches out there. I dont think it is enough for gilmer to win to may of these people on here. they insist that nothing like it has ever been seen before. Good luck Jasper I hope you win . Jasper has fought hard to get here. If your in the big show then your one of the elite. Gilmer likes to think nobody should be on the same field as them. At this point they are ALL great teams .

Hupernikomen
12-13-2004, 12:42 PM

I could have miss read the look on there face considering they traveled from Jasper to College Station and then to Texas Stadium. Not to mention, "Coaching a game in the mean while." LOL
I can't wait for the game. It will be a good one. I'm not sure Jasper has seen such an offense as Gilmer. Our QB can and will throw to 5 different receivers at any time and can hand the ball of to at least 3 different running backs at any time. If that doesn't work he will decide to take it him self. (Trouble) I wish Jasper all the luck on figuring out what no one including 2 4A schools could figure out!
Gilmer is too much for Jasper's D. Of Course I'm partial to my team so we will anxiously await the out come.

You are telling me that our coaches won their game...drove home the kids to jasper and sped to texas stadium in 2 1/2 hours??? I don't think so...What exactly does a shocked coach look like?? Deer in the headlight look or what?

Gilmer is too much for Jasper's D...probably true...Gilmer has a very talented QB and receiving core...Jasper has had more people playing in the NFL and at the college level than 99% of 3A schools, its not like we don't have a little talent coming through of system as well. Granted we don't have the superstars right now..couple probably in the making...but I think we can make a game of it.

Bulldog_12
12-13-2004, 01:05 PM

I'm not sure Jasper has seen such an offense as Gilmer. Our QB can and will throw to 5 different receivers at any time and can hand the ball of to at least 3 different running backs at any time. If that doesn't work he will decide to take it him self. (Trouble)

Not to sound sarcastic, but that sounds ALOT like Jasper's offense as well. I have seen ya'll play and I am VERY impressed with the athleticism you guys have. I saw the Tatum game, and it looked as though the D made the Gilmer QB a little anxious and sometimes threw where he shouldnt have, and tried to make a play when there was no play to be made. I wonder what our D can do to him????
Im with you Magic. It is JUST the spread. Our team knows alot about the spread. I hope we can take care of business on the field and go home with gold on our fingers.
Huper: The coaches came to CS, then the asst. coaches drove them back, and the head coach; two asst.; and the AD all drove to Dallas to see the game. Thats how it happened.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Gilmer really looked good. They execute the short passing game to perfection. They will pick up 5 yards a pop unless you miss a tackle then they go yard on you. Very explosive. Will be hard to beat this team.

How to do it?

Control the ball and keep it out of the hands of their offense. I would attack with the dive. Snyder did a great job with it but once they got behind, they had to start passing to catch up. A strong running game that eats up clock would be the way to go. Not a spread offense. Their DB's are probably the strength of the defense. If you air it out they will end up making a play.
If you try and run a quick pitch or sweep, the DB's are so quick you can't make the corner. If by vhance you do then they catch you. Run up the gut on this team, don't fumble and eat the clock.

Then you have to defend them, which I have no idea how to do.

Matthew328
12-13-2004, 01:54 PM
Jasper has the athletes to match up with Gilmer....kind of like Tatum did....BUT the difference is Jasper has speed and size....they have the horses on both lines to give Gilmer problems...I think it'll be close....but I am taking Gilmer by 5

j_dog
12-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Jasper has the athletes to match up with Gilmer....kind of like Tatum did....BUT the difference is Jasper has speed and size....they have the horses on both lines to give Gilmer problems...I think it'll be close....but I am taking Gilmer by 5
Matthew, that sounds like a fair assessment. Based on what I saw from Gilmer two weeks ago, I agree. But, I am counting on the Jasper playoff experience to give them the edge. Go DOGS! :)

spiveyrat
12-13-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Matthew, that sounds like a fair assessment. Based on what I saw from Gilmer two weeks ago, I agree. But, I am counting on the Jasper playoff experience to give them the edge. Go DOGS! :)

And don't forget JODY! :D

j_dog
12-13-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
And don't forget JODY! :D
Now how did I forget Jody? Just too many FACTS to keep up with! :D

easttexan1
12-13-2004, 03:21 PM
z-motion
If ball control is what it takes, then I hope the dawgs don't turn it on too much. When they are clicking, they can go further faster than almost any team we have ever had. That was what was happening in the 1st half against Liberty Hill. Had some of our drives taken longer, I don't think we would have been on the 1 yard line at the end of the game. We did start working the clock on the last possession or 2, but should have started earlier. I don't think we have had a game yet where both the offense and the defense were both running on all cylinders at the same time. Maybe this week.

nutcrackin
12-13-2004, 04:32 PM
Your best lineman and skilled players play both ways. they will get worn down chasing our wideouts and backs along with our q back. in the 4th quarter you will see the difference in fresh legs and fatiqued legs. our guys for the most part go 1 way..

Bulldog_12
12-13-2004, 04:34 PM
It hasnt affected Jasper TOO much yet. Also, being the last game of the season, most are used to going both ways for the entire games. I dont think that will be a HUGE factor. They condition for the two way play in practice.

Hupernikomen
12-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by nutcrackin
Your best lineman and skilled players play both ways. they will get worn down chasing our wideouts and backs along with our q back. in the 4th quarter you will see the difference in fresh legs and fatiqued legs. our guys for the most part go 1 way..

1 lineman goes both ways and the skill players platoon...so it isn't as bad as it seems.

Hupernikomen
12-13-2004, 04:44 PM
Gilmer has no one go both ways on the line?? I know Lovely was playing both ways. A couple of those receivers were playing both ways I thought.