PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to 2A State Champs - Boyd defeats Newton

slpybear the bullfan
12-12-2004, 12:16 AM
Even though it is 2A ball, I wanted to give a shout out to the good people of Boyd on another State Championship!

Good Job Yellow Jackets. They knocked off the Newton Eagles in thrilling game, 17-14....

Way to represent Wise County!

Hupernikomen
12-12-2004, 12:27 AM
Congrats to Boyd if you beat Newton you deserve the crown...Great job to our friend from our neighboring county of newton.

dogdad
12-12-2004, 12:38 AM
way to go Boyd
a well-deserved championship
(your uniforms still hurt my eyes)

VWG
12-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by dogdad
way to go Boyd
a well-deserved championship
(your uniforms still hurt my eyes)

LOL... man those Boyd uni's really put another meaning into "yellowjackets".
I know Cartwright is getting up there in age, but man how can he go order those uniforms? He must have let the Boyd elementary school kids vote on the uniforms for the year.

Bullaholic
12-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Congrats to the Boyd Yellowjackets on another state championship. Special congrats to Coach J.G. Cartwright on a 2nd state championship in Boyd. Just like Slpy, I am very proud to have such a great team in our county. Way to go Jackets!

Astrosdawg07
12-12-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by VWG
LOL... man those Boyd uni's really put another meaning into "yellowjackets".
I know Cartwright is getting up there in age, but man how can he go order those uniforms? He must have let the Boyd elementary school kids vote on the uniforms for the year.

Ya, they shoudl have gone w/ solid black w/ yellow trim.

slpybear the bullfan
12-13-2004, 12:04 AM
Yeah, the solid yellow is a trip to watch... Those yellow shoes some kids wear make me think "penalty flag" all the time....

Good one Jackets!

Jody
12-13-2004, 07:34 AM
I wished I could have seen this one. Sorry Newton, I was pulling for you. Since you didn't win, fire your head coach and send him to us at Barbers Hill. We need someone with a football brain and an opinion.

duckbutter
12-13-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Jody
I wished I could have seen this one. Sorry Newton, I was pulling for you. Since you didn't win, fire your head coach and send him to us at Barbers Hill. We need someone with a football brain and an opinion. I think we'll keep him around another year or so. Both teams left it all on the field and Boyd was the better team Sat.

Old Cardinal
12-13-2004, 10:56 PM
Boy I wish Curtis Barbay would have Coached at Bridge City. He accepted the job just before BCs last year in 4A and then called back and changed his mind, the following evening. This is not baloney, it came from two different School Board Members. After Barbay changed his mind they hired Conway.
You wonder, would he have been as successful at another school as he was at Newton?? Looks like we will never know.

Old Cardinal
12-13-2004, 11:01 PM
Had a double post??:doh: