PDA

View Full Version : The Jasper Vs. Gilmer Thread...

Hupernikomen
12-11-2004, 11:44 PM
Let's get it going folks....

j_dog
12-11-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Let's get it going folks....
Boy, you must have had this typed up waiting for the Gilmer clock to expire! :D

Bullaholic
12-11-2004, 11:54 PM
I'll be yo' huckleberry, Huper..... Very early thoughts from the posts I've read on both teams are somewhat conflicting. Some say Jasper is bigger and as fast or faster than Gilmer. We've all seen what Gilmer's speed has done to some really good teams. So, if Jasper is indeed bigger and can match Gilmer's speed at the skill positons---I say Jasper. However, in my heart of hearts, I cannot conceive of a team faster or more potent athletically than Gilmer on both sides of the ball. So--at this juncture I'm going to say Gilmer has he edge "going in". Cliche to say "another great matchup", but I think these two teams match up better than any two in the playoffs so far, so I don't look for another Gilmer "runaway".

Hupernikomen
12-11-2004, 11:54 PM
well I am expecting 500+ post and want it to get nominated for a downlow award..I hear next year they are giving out prizes for that...

Bullaholic
12-11-2004, 11:55 PM
well I am expecting 500+ post and want it to get nominated for a downlow award..I hear next year they are giving out prizes for that...

Just "ttt" a lot, Huper.:D

Hupernikomen
12-11-2004, 11:57 PM
bull....in no way is jasper bigger than gilmer....stronger across the line maybe a little bit...maybe...faster, yeah I think as a team we have a slight edge their but skill position-wise they have every bit the speed as we do.

J-town Hustler
12-11-2004, 11:58 PM
After the somewhat rocky season, I have to admit that I was feeling a little worried about the playoffs. Thank you for proving me wrong and I hope we can come out with a victory next weekend. Go Dawgs!!!

Hupernikomen
12-12-2004, 12:01 AM
victory or not...I am proud of this team...after 2002 so many thought we had missed our best shot...well here we are and we have a shot...can't ask for anything more.

Bulldog_12
12-12-2004, 12:03 AM
I really think we have a GREAT shot at winning this. I think Gilmer has high-powered offense, but I havent been impressed yet with the D. Snyder drove that ball all over Gilmer, but shot themselves in the foot with all of the turnovers. I dont by any means wanna sound like I am saying Gilmer got lucky, but the turnovers didnt hurt. I think I see JHS' first State Championship in the immediate future. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

J-town Hustler
12-12-2004, 12:05 AM
Like you said, either way, we are all going to be proud of this team no matter what happened. Winning the title would be nice addition though. :D

Hupernikomen
12-12-2004, 12:09 AM
gilmer's defense has played very well all year but these last couple of weeks folks have the moved the ball on them....well not like jasper doesn't give up like 500 yards a game nowadays..its all about what the scoreboard says at the end of the game though.

Keith7
12-12-2004, 12:10 AM
Heres what I hear about the 2 teams

Jasper has the Size advantage and Gilmer has the speed..

If history repeats itself Gilmer should win big

Hupernikomen
12-12-2004, 12:12 AM
I think you got it just backwards...I don't know what you mean about history cause I don't believe the Dogs and buckeyes have ever played.

There is no way Jasper is bigger than Gilmer..I saw Gilmer and I know Jasper...Gilmer is taller for sure...whether or not they are "big" I guess we will let them tell us when they get back from celebrating.

Keith7
12-12-2004, 12:14 AM
I think you got it just backwards...I don't know what you mean about history cause I don't believe the Dogs and buckeyes have ever played.

There is no way Jasper is bigger than Gilmer..I saw Gilmer and I know Jasper...Gilmer is taller for sure...whether or not they are "big" I guess we will let them tell us when they get back from celebrating.

I have only seen 2 Texas teams play all season so i just go off what i hear... but as for the history i mentioned.. the past 4 or so state championships have gone to the fastest teams in state.. so i'm thinkin gilmer should take this one

Astrosdawg07
12-12-2004, 12:14 AM
GO DAWGS!!!!! WE HAVE THE SPEED, SIZE, AND HEART....NOW LETS GET THE STATE TITLE!!!!GO DAWGS. SIC 'EM!!!

Hupernikomen
12-12-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
I have only seen 2 Texas teams play all season so i just go off what i hear... but as for the history i mentioned.. the past 4 or so state championships have gone to the fastest teams in state.. so i'm thinkin gilmer should take this one

well as you said earlier I am a bit biased...but we have a very fast team..if and I mean if Gilmer is faster than Jasper it isn't by much and shouldn't play a big roll in this game...both teams are very fast...I personally believe we have more speed on the DL and LB positions than they do...obviously the skill positions of both teams are extremely fast.

YBS
12-12-2004, 12:30 AM
Wow you guys don't waste time. I don't know anything about Gilmer so I won't comment on our team v. theirs but I do know this Jasper team has some of the best team speed I've seen. There's no way anyone can say they've seen a team w/ more speed b/c that would be a personal bias.

Bulldog_12
12-12-2004, 12:55 AM
Alright, the game is at 5:00 p.m. at SFA on Saturday. This is official.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-12-2004, 01:06 AM
Hey blake, did he say who was home or who was away?

Bulldog_12
12-12-2004, 01:07 AM
No, but I can find that out tommorow morning

Keith7
12-12-2004, 01:27 AM
i'm gonna go with my stats again and go with Gilmer 35-14

spiveyrat
12-12-2004, 01:28 AM
SFA???? #$&#%$!!!!!!!

Who can I bribe to have it at Texas Stadium?

Bulldog_12
12-12-2004, 01:49 AM
I like that, its only an hour from Jasper. We might actually be able to draw a huge crowd. I also like the afore mentioned fact that it is an hour away from home.:D

sundevil
12-12-2004, 04:43 AM
Jasper is Home and Gilmer is of course Visitor and will wear White. The game is at 5pm.

Everytime we turn around we play lines that are bigger than the Buckeyes. That is not a problem because we are faster than your line and will be in the backfield causing havoc. I don't think you will hit the corners on us. Snyder didn't do it, Madison didn't do it, and Tatum did it maybe 4 times.

I understand that jasper has 2 backs over 2000 and some post I ready even mentioned 3. I couldn't be happier about this if it is true. Another running team to stop.

I must admit that I enjoyed watching snyder fans in a daze after we started turning the screws. total dismay.......yes there were turnover..........but that was becuase the buckeyes were sticking you.

My prediction another blowout......everyone we have played in the playoffs so far keep talking about how fast they are in their region and the we play them and were is the speed.....?????? Just dont believe it. Post your times as I am sure you will, every team has done it. What they haven't done is have the speed to stop our run, and multifaceted passing attack. Can't wait till Saturday.

Goldenstick
12-12-2004, 06:59 AM
Jasper may have a little problem containing the Gilmer QB, they guy can throw and run. I know he's good if he committed to OU. No doubt this will be the best team Jasper has faced. I hope the Dogs can pull this one out!!!!

easttexan1
12-12-2004, 09:34 AM
All season, almost every week the other team has said they were faster than Jasper. Hasn't happened yet. Maybe this week, but I guess we will see about that. Jasper is still making things happen and will be interesting to see if they do it one more time.

Hupernikomen
12-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by sundevil
Jasper is Home and Gilmer is of course Visitor and will wear White. The game is at 5pm.

Everytime we turn around we play lines that are bigger than the Buckeyes. That is not a problem because we are faster than your line and will be in the backfield causing havoc. I don't think you will hit the corners on us. Snyder didn't do it, Madison didn't do it, and Tatum did it maybe 4 times.

I understand that jasper has 2 backs over 2000 and some post I ready even mentioned 3. I couldn't be happier about this if it is true. Another running team to stop.

I must admit that I enjoyed watching snyder fans in a daze after we started turning the screws. total dismay.......yes there were turnover..........but that was becuase the buckeyes were sticking you.

My prediction another blowout......everyone we have played in the playoffs so far keep talking about how fast they are in their region and the we play them and were is the speed.....?????? Just dont believe it. Post your times as I am sure you will, every team has done it. What they haven't done is have the speed to stop our run, and multifaceted passing attack. Can't wait till Saturday.

Jasper doesn't have 2 backs anywhere near 2000 yards. Their qb, rb and wr are extremely slow. We are small and weak...and this game will be over in the first quarter. Congrats to Gilmer on a state championship.:D

P.S. The part about the backs is true.

HornetMom
12-12-2004, 10:20 AM
Having seen Jasper twice and only hearing about Gilmer (from non homer fans, too), I say it will be a close game. Either one of the teams may jump out early ( as both have done), but I believe the other will close the gap and it should be a great battle. As any State Championship game should be.

YBS
12-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Just like Easttexan said, I love the fact there EVERY week someone says that "Jasper is fast, but they haven't seen speed like us!", and "we're gonna blow jasper out". I'm LOVING this more than fat kid loves cake. I love it even more when cocky fans end up w/ egg on their face and stop making posts on the board. Somebody go find me a frydaddy and some crow;)

Port_town_texas
12-12-2004, 11:45 AM
I take Jasper by 21.

HornetMom
12-12-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by YBS
Just like Easttexan said, I love the fact there EVERY week someone says that "Jasper is fast, but they haven't seen speed like us!", and "we're gonna blow jasper out". I'm LOVING this more than fat kid loves cake. I love it even more when cocky fans end up w/ egg on their face and stop making posts on the board. Somebody go find me a frydaddy and some crow;)

Win or lose, I hope to see you on the board after next week and with the respect the 3ADL deserves.

gobbler grad
12-12-2004, 11:58 AM
Jasper is going down...just you wait and see...Gilmer is just too explosive...too much speed...gilmer by at least 3 tds...

HornetMom
12-12-2004, 12:00 PM
Wow, over 500 views and less than 40 votes. Come on people, get out and vote....

89JDAWG
12-12-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Jasper is going down...just you wait and see...Gilmer is just too explosive...too much speed...gilmer by at least 3 tds...
now just because your sore about getting thumbed dont start hating on jasper!@!!!!!!!!!

theyoefnshow
12-12-2004, 12:41 PM
I know nothing about Gilmer but have to pull for Jasper for the simple fact that Cameron played Jasper better than anyone else did this whole playoff year. The final score should've been 12-7 but w/ a minute and a half left Jasper broke a long one after Cameron had been crushed due to throwing an interception in the endzone. I still feel Cameron should've won the game as they dominated in the stats but 3 turnovers insinde/around the 10 and 1 in the endzone will end your playoff hopes against a team like Jasper. Good luck Dogs.

89Dawg
12-12-2004, 12:48 PM
I think it will be a close game in the end. I think Jasper has some exceptional speed at defensive backs which should help with the multifaceted passing attack. Good Luck to both teams and I wonder who of the big mouths from both sides will be back on here after next week. Probably none of them.

I go with Jasper, because I am from Jasper. And to quote a famous Jasperite:

LETS GO DAWGS!!!

Bulldog_12
12-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by sundevil

HA HA HA. yeah buddy, you keep thinking that. You dont get this far on luck alone, so obviously Jasper is VERY good. Keep thinking like this and it will be a looooong ride home for you back to Gilmer. You would be surprised about the backs, trust me, I have seen Gilmer play and Jasper's backs are just as fast, if not faster than theirs.Still should be a good game. I dont see a blowout from EITHER side.

Astrosdawg07
12-12-2004, 01:12 PM
I think the one reason Jasper has a good shot to win this game is because of their defense. Bottom line, DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! Our D has stepped it up in the last minutes of the game. Look at the Cameron Yoe game, Bronson has the huge INT in the endzone with about a minute left. Against Libery Hill they didn't let them get in from our 1 yard line with 13 seconds to go. All year they have stepped up in the clutch. Lets go Dawgs, get what everyone said was not possible, THE STATE TITLE!!! ON PATTON, ON GILDER, ON MOYE, ON BRONSON.... GO DAWGS!!!!!

Ranger Mom
12-12-2004, 01:14 PM
I know next to nothing about either team besides what I read on this board.

I voted on who I would LIKE to see win - based on who I feel has the least cocky posters!!:p

Bulldog_12
12-12-2004, 01:15 PM
So that means you voted for us eh RM?? :D Thanks:clap:

BlueBlood
12-12-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
So that means you voted for us eh RM?? :D Thanks:clap:

That's funny.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-12-2004, 02:10 PM
This is going to be a very close game, UNLESS, Gilmer did what they did against Snyder with the 6 turnovers, because i promise that if you turn the ball over 6 times, there is no way Gilmer will win. BUT, unless that happens, its going to be a very good game, I hope it's as good as this one we just played last night.

As for the speed, you ask someone from LH, when one of their star running backs broke, It looked like they were gonna score....but no...#2 or #7 or #11 just came out of no where and pulled them down. There will be NO blowout. We dont have a bigger line, but i bet we are stronger. I'm guessing that Sundevil is just one of those posters that everyone's town has. But I'm hoping for a good game, and possibly a meet and greet if i can get away.

.....Finals are this week, its gonna make things go by VEEEEERYYYYYYYY slow. I cant wait till Sat. We havent lost as the home team this year in the play offs, and i dont expect to now.

Bulldog_12
12-12-2004, 02:18 PM
Guess what C/O o6......I only have to take 1!!! I get to come home early too. Have fun with Finals and good luck.

Hupernikomen
12-12-2004, 02:18 PM
I have seen Gilmer just once and Jasper many times. We will have to play mistake free ball and ball a very solid game defensively to win this one. Gilmer will not run away with this one like they have the last two but certainly are the favorite with all their stars. We have been the team with the stars before. I much better prefer this group of Jasper players...they are a team. Good luck to both.

Old No. 7
12-12-2004, 02:19 PM
Well, I've never seen Gilmer play (but I will this sat. night.) I'm still pulling for the Jasper Co. team. Go dogs. I hope ya ll go all the way.

Old No. 7
12-12-2004, 02:23 PM
I have seen Gilmer just once and Jasper many times. We will have to play mistake free ball and ball a very solid game defensively to win this one. Gilmer will not run away with this one like they have the last two but certainly are the favorite with all their stars. We have been the team with the stars before. I much better prefer this group of Jasper players...they are a team. Good luck to both.

You're right Huper. ( I checked my spelling this time :D )
Stars shine but teams win. Go gettem dogs!!

Bulldog_12
12-12-2004, 02:24 PM
As I have said in previous posts, this is the TEAM to win it, not the stars.

Astrosdawg07
12-12-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Old No. 7
Well, I've never seen Gilmer play (but I will this sat. night.) I'm still pulling for the Jasper Co. team. Go dogs. I hope ya ll go all the way.

That's a class act right there!!!

NSUTrumpet08
12-12-2004, 03:32 PM
This is Jasper's year to win it all! We've been so close the last couple of years and i know our players are hungry for that state championship! Was the only championship Jasper has won in football was J. H. Rowe High School? Didn't they win like in 1967? I think this was the year Jasper began to integrate the schools...i'm not sure though...

But GO DAWGS!!!!!! :D

Manck
12-12-2004, 03:34 PM
Quick note...at least 2 of those turnovers were by the backups in the 4th quarter. Jamell Kennedy needs to learn how to hold onto the ball in between now and August, that much is certain.

The Buckeyes just decided that because they led by 33, playing sloppy ball was okay I guess. I don't mind. Means that Traylor has something to drill into their heads all week.

Who's organizing the meet and greet? If we don't get booth space, I might put together a tailgate if possible. No guarantees though. Gotta hear from TSN.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-12-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Manck
Quick note...at least 2 of those turnovers were by the backups in the 4th quarter.

Fair enough.....if Gilmer turns the ball over 4 times...they will not win.

jdog93
12-12-2004, 03:47 PM
JASPER ALL THE WAY !!!!!
I'm going to the game SAT.

cameron
12-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Well "i tried talking X's and O's with the snyder folks about the upcoming game, i tried to learn about their team from them and also exchange information about our team" Go check the threadsss....And i must say that only about two out of all their posters would reply respectfully and with a general interest in discussing the upcoming game, rather than spewing insults and talking about nothing....sooo after returning today from the gilmer vs snyder game in which gilmer played a dismall game offensively....note 3 td's called back, one fumble inside the 5....where the score would have been above 60..my hats off to Castillo from snyder which is the only reason they stayed in the game and the aforementioned offensive performance by gilmer...i am totally disappointed that this is once again going to be a BS talking thread from the opposite side....and stunned silence is what was heard from the snyder side at the end of the first quarter and i see now on here as of now, as well.....sooo a word of wisdom to you people...."it is sometimes better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it".....and yes if jasper wins i will be back on to congratulate their "team" cause they will have earned it....i dont think some of you would have the class to do the same if gilmer wins....or do you? one final note at least it wont be a west texas team taking home the trophy...by the way a snyder fan after the game said to me "well at least abilene-wylie won, boy those guys were big and fast, i dont think either abilene-wylie or curero or decatur could have beaten those guys".......my reply to him was....have a safe trip home...

Hupernikomen
12-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by cameron
i am totally disappointed that this is once again going to be a BS talking thread from the opposite side....and stunned silence is what was heard from the snyder side at the end of the first quarter and i see now on here as of now, as well.....sooo a word of wisdom to you people...."it is sometimes better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it".....and yes if jasper wins i will be back on to congratulate their "team" cause they will have earned it....i dont think some of you would have the class to do the same if gilmer wins....or do you? one final note at least it wont be a west texas team taking home the trophy...by the way a snyder fan after the game said to me "well at least abilene-wylie won, boy those guys were big and fast, i dont think either abilene-wylie or curero or decatur could have beaten those guys".......my reply to him was....have a safe trip home...

Don't know what you have been reading on here but I haven't seen any BS. I do believe we all are entitled to our opinions..and forgive us Jasper fan's if we believe we have a shot against the might buckeyes.

Go start your own thread if you want to insult people..we gonna talk Jasper vs. Gilmer in this one.

Astrosdawg07
12-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Don't know what you have been reading on here but I haven't seen any BS. I do believe we all are entitled to our opinions..and forgive us Jasper fan's if we believe we have a shot against the might buckeyes.

Go start your own thread if you want to insult people..we gonna talk Jasper vs. Gilmer in this one.

GIT 'R DONE!!!!

JHS_c/o_06'
12-12-2004, 04:03 PM
Thanks Hup

sundevil
12-12-2004, 04:07 PM
What I love about this is that Jasper is a big 3Adownlow user so there will only be a couple of us over here to view, comment, stir the Pot a little. Gilmer folks will be on Smoaky.com which none of you will go too. Snyder folkls wouldn't look or if they did never commented. I am sure Jasper will be the same. But never fear me and a couple of others will be over to see how you are doing.

It seems I got a few folks pumped up about the comments I made earlier in this post. They are just observations.....Everyone we play is suppose to be bigger and as fast as us or even stronger.......here we are again, different week but the same posts....It gets kind of boring. you guys are more even keel on this post kind of like an FoxSports call in show. Smoaky is like a "Rome is Burning" forum so if you want to raise the blood pressure come on over. It is just all in fun. Yes we are all fanatical.........the definition of fanatical is if you are reading this.......YOU ARE FANATICAL!

So.....all this being said where and what are your guys stats? Do any papers carry your stats? I have checked lufkin, beaumont, searched Jasper and there is nothing. I am sure something is out there.

The problem with us Gilmer folks is if you want to talk ball then bring INFO.........If you just want to talk smack.........GOD HELP YOU!

Hupernikomen
12-12-2004, 04:10 PM
we don't have any stats to speak of....gilmer and LH has all of those...we just play jasper football. Nothing spectacular we just find a way to win...and usually it is a close game.

Bulldog_12
12-12-2004, 04:11 PM
Geez Cameron, the way you speak, I better get on my hands and knees and praise the almighty Buckeye. ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY BUCKEYE!!!!:rolleyes:
You know, now that I have put more thought into this......Cameron hmmmmmm. Could this be a case of 2 week old bitterness?????

Manck
12-12-2004, 04:17 PM
They ARE praiseworthy, but not in that way. If you can't give credit to the things that the Buckeyes have donw so far this year, you're crazy. Same goes to Jasper. These teams deserve to be on the field of the state final. We should talk all the smack we want towards each other, because I'm pretty sure that this will be a good game, and pumping each side up a little more won't hurt. But during the lead up to the game, and afterwards, we should find the time to give all the credit we can to the kids, coaches, and communities of these two teams, and every other team in the state.

Now that I'm done being sappy....I'm saying Gilmer by a TD right now...I haven't voted in the poll though...not done doing my research.

cameron
12-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Geez Cameron, the way you speak, I better get on my hands and knees and praise the almighty Buckeye. ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY BUCKEYE!!!!:rolleyes:
You know, now that I have put more thought into this......Cameron hmmmmmm. Could this be a case of 2 week old bitterness?????

Im not toting the buckeyes..you missed the point...go read the snyder vs gilmer threads...im sure you will even find a statement like you just made there as well......sundevil brought it home some more....bring the X's and O's not the crap....and im certainly not saying an opinion of your teams greatness or anything like that is crap....ill reinterate sundevil..."bring the info"...now i hope you got the point this time....

Bulldog_12
12-12-2004, 04:21 PM
But still, there is no "crap". No one is taking anything away from Gilmer, but after seeing some things in their last two games, I am confident that Jasper can win. I think they can take advantage of a defense that has been mediocre in the last two games and also the four fumbles by the starting O last night. We are fans stating our opinions on our teams and yes we bring facts and stats but its the day after, we are going to our FIRST championship. Needless to say we are a little excited so who cares if ew feel like our team could conquer the world???? All fans should feel like that and express it.

easttexan1
12-12-2004, 04:24 PM
Cameron

Looks like most of the "BS talking" is coming from you. Take care of your own house first, then show up and start insulting other folks. Pull your head out of your butt and let's talk facts as we know them!

Hupernikomen
12-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Im not toting the buckeyes..you missed the point...go read the snyder vs gilmer threads...im sure you will even find a statement like you just made there as well......sundevil brought it home some more....bring the X's and O's not the crap....and im certainly not saying an opinion of your teams greatness or anything like that is crap....ill reinterate sundevil..."bring the info"...now i hope you got the point this time....

What are you wanting here cameron a coaching clinic?? This is a website for fans..half of these people don't know what a 4-3 stack is or have any clue about coverage schemes against the spread....we are here to talk about our team and cheer them on win or lose. If you want to talk about a specific aspect of Jasper's team just ask and we will try to oblige. I have seen Gilmer play and don't need the nitty gritty...we all know they are a tremendous team. You guys are the faovirte...we are coming to give it all we have.

cameron
12-12-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by easttexan1
Cameron

Looks like most of the "BS talking" is coming from you. Take care of your own house first, then show up and start insulting other folks. Pull your head out of your butt and let's talk facts as we know them!

Thats funny the post before you states the same thing i was stating....and i agree totally with his statements...soo whats your facts and point......now i dont think i said one thing yet that isnt fact...."No BS here" "no insults have been made here" but on the other hand "YOU" have proven my point...and I thank you.....and i apoligiiiize if i miss read his opinion on this game...and hopernikman....wow....i think i read a thread in the snyder vs gilmer game where you made a statement not concerning the game but trying to stir the pot with an opinion about the gilmer coach....and im sure it was just an opinion or observation of yours, but their was no point in it except to stir up folks from the gilmer area....i didnt even pay it any mind "untill now"...rooting your team on is one thing...you were trying to stir the pot on that thread tooo...

Hupernikomen
12-12-2004, 04:51 PM
I said I got a kick out of watching gilmer's coach being so animated on the sideline...that is stirring the pot?? You are a bit touchy...

Alright back to the topic of Jasper vs. Gilmer folks...everyone back to your seats...

cameron
12-12-2004, 05:58 PM
I said I got a kick out of watching gilmer's coach being so animated on the sideline...that is stirring the pot?? You are a bit touchy...

Alright back to the topic of Jasper vs. Gilmer folks...everyone back to your seats...

Your soo full of it......and that wasnt the only one you posted in that thread.....but im gonna drop it because your right this is jasper vs gilmer.....and nooo i am not touchy...soo fire away...all i can do is bring the facts....#1 defense in 3a...beat snyder whom beat abiliene-wylie who won div1 state championship...whom according to in all the concensus that i have seen on this site that west texas football is the greatest and District 4 3a is toughest...so where is jasper gonna beat gilmer...defense...offense....gilmer has had turnovers in almost all their games...and even the mighty snyder tigers or tatum eagles couldnt take advantage of it.....if jasper is sooo great on offense and as one person has said...just as fast as the atlanta team from last year....how come they didnt blow LH out....if your telling me that you and a couple of your buddies are just homers who only know, tootin horns and wavin pompoms, thats fine, ill go over to smoakies site and talk real football with people who know real football for the--- jasper vs gilmer game....

Bulldog_12
12-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Well...BYE:wave:

j_dog
12-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Gilmer fans, I posted on another thread what I think about stats. We concede. You have the stats game won, hands down. About the two 2000 yd RB's someone mentioned on the other thread, you must have been thinking about Liberty Hill's running backs. Jasper does NOT have anybody of that caliber. And even if they did, that would not assure that they will win. The only stat that Jasper is interested in is scoring more points in the game than the opposition. :) For the record, Jasper has done that 12 times this year, 5 times in the playoffs. I understand that Gilmer has done that 15 times. That is all the stats I know. I am sure from that that most knowledgeable fans will rate that Gilmer is a solid favorite. I have no quarrel with that. In fact, I agree with that. But I do think that Jasper will go to Nacogdoches prepared to play to win.

Good luck to Gilmer in this game. Good luck to Jasper also. I can hardly wait for the kickoff to see a great game, regardless of who wins! :) :)

Bulldog_12
12-12-2004, 06:57 PM
I love being the underdog. Thats hown we loved going into all of our games last year, probably hasnt changed this year. GO DAWGS!!!!

TOPS1435
12-12-2004, 09:45 PM
I am just glad that both our communities can be writing about two fine football teams who do their best with their skills to make their communities proud of their efforts.

All too recently both our communities had to "enjoy" :rolleyes: the attention of national television about events each of us would sooner forget. To be entering the final round of play in a football season is such a wonderfully positive occurance not only for the players, but for the bands, the cheerleaders, drill team members, fans, for everyone associated with this Saturday.

Most of Gilmer's games they have not had a negative ratio on turnovers by the end of the game. If you look only at the scores of the last three weeks, you might think we are easy to score one. But we have had very talented competition recently.

On the tread Gilmer vs Snyder article, I posted some specific data about the turnovers last night. Take a look if you want the details, but I do not feel like repeating them here.

Snyder entered the playoffs in the third place slot, but they were really tri-champs with Sweetwater and Wylie, having beaten Wylie and lost to Sweetwater in regular season play.

What was your situation?

JHS_c/o_06'
12-12-2004, 10:11 PM
I wrote this in another thread, so some things might not make sense...but i thought it needed to be read, the last bit anyway.

The only unbiased view there is is on the paper the 'stats' or the 'stats game'. I think that by the time saturday comes, the term 'stats game' will be as common as the term 'flip-flopper' was during the election. But, like the last two teams, we WILL move on the defense. And if you give us 6 turnovers like you gave snyder, we WILL win. Cameron Yoe had an amazing pass game, they only threw 6 INT's the ENTIRE SEASON, well......during that game alone we picked off the ball....6 times. I hope than none of the Gilmer players or people expect for it to be a Madden 2005 game where its Hail Mary after Hail Mary for touchdown after touchdown, cause if you do, then YOU are the ones who are gonna sit there in 'Shell Shock'. Whatever the outcome, I am pround of my team mates, my friends and the fans who have finally come together as a community. There was nothing like looking up from the sidelines to see thousands of signs that say 'DEFENSE' and our entire crowd chanting. After what our community and town has been through in the last decade, i feel this is our time. This is Jasper's time to shine. And this didnt start for our players in November when the playoffs rolled around, this didnt start in October when District play started, This didnt start in August when the season kicked off or durning two-a-days. This started last January when we signed a card that said we were prepared to do what it took to win a state championship in 2004. We are not football players..
We are not a Team....
We are a family, a family who will not give up till the very end. I saw a sign in the TAMU locker room that said " Break Their Will ", that is the mind set we will come out with. I honestly don't think that this game will come down to talent, i think it will be coaching and heart and soul. Now, i can't make this statement by what goes on in the locker rooms before the game. But Jasper, as a family and as a team has more heart than anyone else i've seen. Some of you are going to say "why..thats a very classey post" and others are gonna say..."your just a homer, shut up and bring it on Sat. " But the truth is, i really dont care, but as a member of the Jasper family/team, i had something to say to counter all the smack talk coming from people on BOTH sides. I'm sure a Gilmer poster could make a post just like mine except for Gilmer. Go ahead, i encourage it. I think its good to be competative, but i have a feeling that people are going to get bitter. And we really dont need that on here. So...

Both teams will come ready to play, and the best team WILL win. BUT....remember...that the best...doesnt always mean the one with the most talent.

Hupernikomen
12-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by TOPS1435
I am just glad that both our communities can be writing about two fine football teams who do their best with their skills to make their communities proud of their efforts.

All too recently both our communities had to "enjoy" :rolleyes: the attention of national television about events each of us would sooner forget. To be entering the final round of play in a football season is such a wonderfully positive occurance not only for the players, but for the bands, the cheerleaders, drill team members, fans, for everyone associated with this Saturday.

Most of Gilmer's games they have not had a negative ratio on turnovers by the end of the game. If you look only at the scores of the last three weeks, you might think we are easy to score one. But we have had very talented competition recently.

On the tread Gilmer vs Snyder article, I posted some specific data about the turnovers last night. Take a look if you want the details, but I do not feel like repeating them here.

Snyder entered the playoffs in the third place slot, but they were really tri-champs with Sweetwater and Wylie, having beaten Wylie and lost to Sweetwater in regular season play.

What was your situation?

We lost to kirbyville handily (read back a few weeks for all the excuses you can shake a stick at..we lost) and we lost to silsbee by going for 2 at the end of regulation and coming up short...they surprised me. We also lost to PNG earlier in the season. We seem to win a lot of close games. For some reason we haven't had a lot of ability to really put people away.

I agree this is huge for both communities. Nothing like a good exciting football game. I hope that it is a close game just for the excitement level if nothing else. How far is the drive for the buckeyes?

Jody
12-13-2004, 07:32 AM
OK...Here Goes!

Jinx: This is going to be a Gilmer Blow Out! Jasper's defense could not stop LH and those kids were 20-30 pounds smaller and slow. If it were not for an opposing defense and special teams with no speed or size, we would be watching this game wearing purple and yellow. Whip-M-Good Gilmer! : Jinx

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

P.S. WOS SUCKS!

YBS
12-13-2004, 09:43 AM
Ohhhh, you REALLY gotta Lauve it now! The closer to state you get the ante raises on the smack! Hornet Mom how could I leave this place after the game?? People are gonna be grabbing stakes and trying to burn down each others' houses. I definitely gotta be around for that! And somebody call a dr. and get some of these posters some blood pressure pills STAT!!!

Now seriously people at the end of the day this is just a game. That I know of, no homeless kids are being fed, and no souls are being saved because of this game. Let's keep it all in perspective a bit.:thinking: I don't know about you guys, but either way the game goes I'm gonna be going to Jasper b-ball games during the holidays anyway.

89JDAWG
12-13-2004, 09:46 AM
Has gilmer played any close games this year? Its to early for a predicted score but from what I have seen and heard gilmer is in trouble! They are going to learn what it feels like to be hit, south east texas style. jasper by 3 tds

TOPS1435
12-13-2004, 11:43 AM
The most important regular season game for Gilmer was its last. On paper one tends to ignore a 22-18 win over a team which went 4-7. Pittsburg had a new coach and a new system, and had fallen on hard times, no longer believing it could win. They began winning when they hit district and were undefeated coming into week 9, Gilmer's last game.

Pittsburg also used their open date the week before to put together a good game plan, and the Buckeyes were not playing their usual game in the first half. As a result, they went to halftime trailing 12-0 and the kids were shocked.:eek:

The coach starting talking about the last time Gilmer had been behind at half and won, and realize the kids could not relate. It had been in 2001. (We were behind vs Atlanta, but....nuf said.)

Gilmer scored once in the third, thwarted the Pirates answering drive, and came back with two scores in the fourth. Pitt got one touchdown in the fourth, and Gilmer stopped their last drive with 46 sec left in the game.

Pitt won the next week and went into the playoffs as the district runner-up.

By the way, turnovers were not a factor. No interceptions either team and each lost one fumble.

j_dog
12-13-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Jody
OK...Here Goes!

Jinx: This is going to be a Gilmer Blow Out! Jasper's defense could not stop LH and those kids were 20-30 pounds smaller and slow. If it were not for an opposing defense and special teams with no speed or size, we would be watching this game wearing purple and yellow. Whip-M-Good Gilmer! : Jinx

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Thanks Jody. Guess that about sets it all in concrete! :D Jasper wins in a squeaker! :)

Hupernikomen
12-13-2004, 12:49 PM
The most important regular season game for Gilmer was its last. On paper one tends to ignore a 22-18 win over a team which went 4-7. Pittsburg had a new coach and a new system, and had fallen on hard times, no longer believing it could win. They began winning when they hit district and were undefeated coming into week 9, Gilmer's last game.

Pittsburg also used their open date the week before to put together a good game plan, and the Buckeyes were not playing their usual game in the first half. As a result, they went to halftime trailing 12-0 and the kids were shocked.:eek:

The coach starting talking about the last time Gilmer had been behind at half and won, and realize the kids could not relate. It had been in 2001. (We were behind vs Atlanta, but....nuf said.)

Gilmer scored once in the third, thwarted the Pirates answering drive, and came back with two scores in the fourth. Pitt got one touchdown in the fourth, and Gilmer stopped their last drive with 46 sec left in the game.

Pitt won the next week and went into the playoffs as the district runner-up.

By the way, turnovers were not a factor. No interceptions either team and each lost one fumble.

That is the beauty of rivals...people play to the level they aren't expected to. Kirbyville beat us this year...they have wanted to so bad and this year got it done...same can be said for Silsbee. We have been playing them for like 100 years...literally. Games like that it really doesn't matter what the records and stats say. I would hope that a state championship is that way. There have been more upsets in the state championship game than you can count. I am hoping for one more.

nutcrackin
12-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Gilmer shutout Snyder in the 2nd half and only allowed 1 first down..... how's that for DDDDDDDDDD. Our offense starts off fast and our defense closes it out. 7 turnovers by the Black Flag Defense.

Bulldog_12
12-13-2004, 12:57 PM
I dont know what DDDDDDD is, but it sounds like pretty good defense in the second. You might wanna START playing defense in the first half though against this fast Jasper team. Snyder failed to capitalize on your....ummm "graciousness" for not playing defense by fumbling the ball. I hope your gameplan doesnt consist of lounging in the first half and trying to shut Jasper down in the second. Just a tip, you might wanna change that.:D

football chix
12-13-2004, 02:16 PM
I have to say that Jasper is gonna walk away w/ the State Title!!!
Good luck to Jasper!!

Manck
12-13-2004, 03:03 PM
I don't see either team walking away with this one. Someone earlier said something about Gilmer learning what it's like to get hit Southeast Texas style. Don't know what that means, but ask Dee Walker what it's like to get hit in the backfield Northeast Texas style. I have a feeling that they're pretty similar.

Whoever wins this will have to play the fastest hardest hitting game of their lives to win that....plank they call a trophy.

And it's only Monday,....this ought to be better than the Gilmer/Snyder thread....

Hupernikomen
12-13-2004, 03:06 PM
I don't see either team walking away with this one. Someone earlier said something about Gilmer learning what it's like to get hit Southeast Texas style. Don't know what that means, but ask Dee Walker what it's like to get hit in the backfield Northeast Texas style. I have a feeling that they're pretty similar.

Whoever wins this will have to play the fastest hardest hitting game of their lives to win that....plank they call a trophy.

And it's only Monday,....this ought to be better than the Gilmer/Snyder thread....

I didn't get much of a chance to see if Gilmer likes to hit or not in the one game I saw (I am certain they do)...Tatum QB was hard to catch much less hit...

The one hit I saw was when Lovely and #4 from Tatum hit head to head...I know that had to hurt both of them. I really enjoyed watching Lovely play, he is a ballplayer.

YBS
12-13-2004, 03:09 PM
I don't see either team walking away with this one.

I can agree w/ that:clap:

easttexan1
12-13-2004, 03:29 PM
I noticed that the "Alan Outlook" has picked Jasper. Any other polls made a pick?

JasperDog94
12-13-2004, 03:33 PM
...so where is jasper gonna beat gilmer... On the football field, because that's where all teams get beat, not with stats or x's and o's.

JasperDog94
12-13-2004, 03:40 PM
The Buckeyes just decided that because they led by 33, playing sloppy ball was okay I guess. Okay, now how many people on this board are buying this? Anyone....anyone....Bueler...

JasperDog94
12-13-2004, 03:49 PM
....if jasper is sooo great on offense and as one person has said...just as fast as the atlanta team from last year....how come they didnt blow LH out... uhhh, maybe because LH had 3 two thousand yard rushers and were a great team. Maybe they were just a little bit better than Snyder. I don't know, but just maybe...

rhs78
12-13-2004, 04:03 PM
this game will be a lot closer than most think. this is my opinion,gilmer has not been an a close game in a while(pittsburg being the onlyone), they have completly dominated everyone this year. starters as it sounds have not had to play a complete game in the playoffs,this will hurt them vs jasper. Jasper is playing very well sense playoffs began. i think they have been tested every game so far and that will be the difference. they are battle tested have close games but they find a way to win.

both teams are great ,jasper will win by 3 pts ,they will bring it home to region 3. good luck to both teams

Snyder_TigerFan
12-13-2004, 04:13 PM
I must give credit to Gilmer, they have a really good team. The QB lived up to the hype, as did the receivers and the defense. I don't think we were able to stop the offense all night, unless it was by turnover. Jasper fans, I don't know much about your team, but you have your work cut out for you. I know it's hard to listen to these some of these arrogant Gilmer fans basically telling you that you don't stand a chance.

We were taken out of our usual game plan because of some early turnovers that resulted in points, however you can't beat a team if you can't stop them.

Oh...by the way...I don't remember this play...did he ever get hit behind the line?

... Don't know what that means, but ask Dee Walker what it's like to get hit in the backfield Northeast Texas style.

I do however remember a nice blindside QB sack. Dee still got 150yds....and Lico Castillo played an excellent game, but was overthrown to many times (could the crown have anything to do with that?)

Good luck jasper, but I'm going with gilmer by 3TDs.

One other thing, why wasn't the starting QB pulled early in the 4th. If I was a Gilmer fan, I would be a little upset about that. Your star could have been hurt and for what, increasing stats? Still throwing the deep ball while up by 33. Just an observation.

nutcrackin
12-13-2004, 04:23 PM
Manuel Johnson is fine. our coach decided to have mercy on you at that point and give our QB of the future a chance to touch the turf at texas stadium. Manuel has played with a right shoulder partial seperation since the spring hill game.... week #2. i believe his toughness is his greatest strength...his arm and legs aren't too shaby either.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-13-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by nutcrackin
Manuel Johnson is fine. our coach decided to have mercy on you at that point and give our QB of the future a chance to touch the turf at texas stadium. Manuel has played with a right shoulder partial seperation since the spring hill game.... week #2. i believe his toughness is his greatest strength...his arm and legs aren't too shaby either.

I wasn't talking about about Snyder sacking your QB, I was referring to the sack that you guys had against Snyder.

I was just stating that I thought it was risky playing your QB late in the game with huge lead. But, I forgot...it's impossible to hurt superman. Arrogance...

Manck
12-13-2004, 04:34 PM
I meant defensive backfield...probably should have put that.

Crown...excuses...

And I'm pretty sure they left Manuel Johnson in there to get in better field position so that those turnovers wouldn't be potentially dangerous and let Snyder back in the game.

Hupernikomen
12-13-2004, 04:41 PM
Let's keep this one Jasper vs. Gilmer...we have some Snyder/Gilmer threads were that one can be rehashed....so Snyder people were throughly impressed and think we have to play our best game...otherwise Gilmer by 3 TDs...seems anyone who has seen Gilmer thinks the trophy is theirs to lose.

Manck
12-13-2004, 05:31 PM
I would say that having seen Gilmer as much as I have, Jasper will have to play above their heads to beat them. Based on what I've heard about Jasper, Gilmer will have to play above their heads to beat them.

There's a reason these two are in the state championship. Whoever makes the least mistakes will win.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-13-2004, 05:52 PM
Manck....you sound like a very level headed poster. Thank you for acting the way you do. I'm glad that you are not doing what some of the people from BOTH Jasper and Gilmer are doing in talking trash, telling us it would be the same as if we didnt show up. It will be a game for the record books, i look for this to possibly top the 94 Plano East game, this time with Coach Lauve's team coming out on top.

I've seen the film.....and I've seen it live.

If you only knew what lies awaiting.....

Manck
12-13-2004, 05:56 PM
Yeah, sometimes when we're on the air on the LST doing a Gilmer game, I have to hold myself back. But if Gilmer wins Saturday, expect the homerism to come out after final gun sounds.

And hopefully us East Texas rednecks from Jasper and Gilmer won't go firin' or boomsticks in the parkin' lot if we win and scare them city folk.

tiger mama
12-13-2004, 06:08 PM
Good luck Jasper. Bring District 22-3A a state championship.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-13-2004, 10:28 PM
A wise man told me this......

"It is time for the culmination of events set into motion three years past"

I agree, and i believe. They don't know yet. Nobody does. Except those who played us. We will win this game.

I'm just ready for this game, it will be very hard to concentrate this week.

....sorry yall....i couldnt keep it in forever.....i had to pull a 'homer'

spiveyrat
12-14-2004, 09:24 AM
http://www.jasperisd.net/football/footba6.jpg

Hupernikomen
12-14-2004, 12:51 PM
where did that banner come from? I don't remember seeing any banners at our games.

TOPS1435
12-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Aw, Spiveyrat, I wish I could equal your web skills.

There will be a banner at SFA Saturday, Jasper fan may have seen it at Texas Stadium hanging from the second deck over the endzone where the first scores occurred.

The banner is large, black with orange "BUX" and a large 1 in white. On either side and on the one are the letters: KUI.

KUI now appears all over Gilmer.

Jasper fans have spoken as to how their team is a family. Well, so is Gilmer's.

Chaz Kuikahi came to Gilmer in the 7th grade. He is now an outside linebacker and tight end. He had one interception, a bunch of tackle assists, and maybe a touchdown against Snyder.

From junior high on he has asked that his family name be the team motto when they became seniors. Kuikahi is just the closing prase of a much longer name. In Hawaiian it means:

Coming Together as One

That's why the big "1" on the banner and why you will see KUI on many of the cars coming from Gilmer. We have talented kids and average kids, but they try to work together as one.

Hupernikomen
12-14-2004, 02:28 PM
I saw the kui on your shirts and wonder what it meant.

Kool Tarpon 21
12-14-2004, 02:32 PM
I know a lot of people think that Gilmer is going to win, but I think Jasper will win. I have to support the team that beat our region. GO BULLDOGS!!! Peace up, A-Town down.

Bulldog_12
12-14-2004, 02:36 PM
Thanks Tarpon. BTW, you have like, all my favorite players in your sig. Nice.

Bullaholic
12-14-2004, 02:49 PM
Here's one everybody can get their "teeth" into---I say:

Gilmer will make 8+ penetrations and score 5 times and miss 1 PAT; Jasper will make 6 or less penetrations and score 3 times and make 3 PAT's. Final-Gilmer 34 Jasper-21

Gilmer will have 400+ yards total offense; Jasper will have 300 yards or less.

Gilmer will punt twice; Jasper will punt 4 times.

Gilmer will fumble 2 times, losing 1 ; Jasper 1, and recover it.

Gilmer will have 1 int; Jasper will have 2.

There will be no field goals. No safeties.

There will be less than 60 yards in penalties.

Now before you go taking me to task----I offer this prediction for the pure fun of it---it is a WAG, and purely a WAG, so I'm not even going to say it makes sense, or is well thought-out. I am not a Gilmer fan trying to make them look good and Jasper bad, I'm just a Texas High School fan trying to have a little fun "crystal balling" this game with some "micro" analysis and see how close I get to the actual results.

Hupernikomen
12-14-2004, 02:59 PM
your score should be 34-21 by your prediction.

Bullaholic
12-14-2004, 03:04 PM
your score should be 34-21 by your prediction.

Done. Thanks Huper. Remember, everybody expects the favorite to win, but it sure is sweeter when that ol' underdog wins---and I know Jasper is not considered an "underdog" in ANY true Jasper fan's mind.

Hupernikomen
12-14-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Here's one everybody can get their "teeth" into---I say:

Gilmer will make 8+ penetrations and score 5 times and miss 1 PAT; Jasper will make 6 or less penetrations and score 3 times and make 3 PAT's. Final-Gilmer 31 Jasper-21

Gilmer will have 400+ yards total offense; Jasper will have 300 yards or less.

Gilmer will punt twice; Jasper will punt 4 times.

Gilmer will fumble 2 times, losing 1 ; Jasper 1, and recover it.

Gilmer will have 1 int; Jasper will have 2.

There will be no field goals. No safeties.

There will be less than 60 yards in penalties.

Now before you go taking me to task----I offer this prediction for the pure fun of it---it is a WAG, and purely a WAG, so I'm not even going to say it makes sense, or is well thought-out. I am not a Gilmer fan trying to make them look good and Jasper bad, I'm just a Texas High School fan trying to have a little fun "crystal balling" this game with some "micro" analysis and see how close I get to the actual results.

You too are convinced that Gilmer is unstoppable and Jasper will be limited by Gilmer's defense. I would submit that I have seen enough high school football through the years to know that it is nearly impossible to project what will happen when two opponents line up to play just because you have seen them play. If Jasper had played Tatum and so had Gilmer, and Gilmer had played Marlin as had Jasper we might could make a more accurate guesstimation of what might happen with these two matchup. But to just have seen Gilmer one time against Tatum was not enough for me to don them as superior to Jasper as many on here want to suggest. Gilmer looked like a good team to me...certainly not dominate. I have seen some dominating teams before Bay City, La Marque, WO-S, Newton, Burkeville, ...I did not see that in the Gilmer game. I saw a very talented team but not one that I think will line up and just flat dominate Jasper. Will they beat Jasper...well with as many stars as they claim to have I suppose they should...but will they?? I think our young men might have a thing or two to say about that.

Hupernikomen
12-14-2004, 03:12 PM
Done. Thanks Huper. Remember, everybody expects the favorite to win, but it sure is sweeter when that ol' underdog wins---and I know Jasper is not considered an "underdog" in ANY true Jasper fan's mind.

Why should we be an underdog?? We have more playoff experience than just about any team in the state of Texas. We are now on our 4th trip 4 rounds deep in the playoffs. Our kids can play. We have speed, strength, determination...this is going to be a good game. If we get blowed out I will be the first to admit I was wrong and that Gilmer was simply the best in 3A this year...but if we win you want see me getting on here calling out Gilmer fans. We have a good team and every day this severe underdog tag that people are trying to lay on us probably just adds further fuel to our kids fire to win it all. The dogs will line up and knock the snot out of you if you aren't careful. Don't say I didn't warn you if it happens.

spiveyrat
12-14-2004, 03:16 PM
where did that banner come from? I don't remember seeing any banners at our games.

I don't know. I found the pic on the JISD website.

JasperDog94
12-14-2004, 03:17 PM
We are now on our 4th trip 4 rounds deep in the playoffs. In 2001 we only made it the 3rd round right?

Manck
12-14-2004, 03:18 PM
Let it be known that I think Gilmer will pull this one out, but there won't be the domination that some expect. No underdog tag for anybody. Just a dogtag and a buckeyetag.

Hupernikomen
12-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
In 2001 we only made it the 3rd round right?

We lost in the regional finals in 2001...it was small school 4A so it was 4 rounds.

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Jasper folks, for personal reasons outside the board which I won't go into here, I've been on the fence as to who to root for, even though a Jasper win can only make our team look better.

However, due to a number of recent posts regarding the Snyder vs Gilmer game, I've jumped off the fence. I have always been a firm believer in the saying "Win with dignity, lose with grace" or vice versa.

With that said, tell your boys to start building the woodshed now! Go Dawgs!

DaHop72
12-14-2004, 03:31 PM
Mom you are just too good!!!!! I would love to cross you path someday. You sure seem to be a classy lady who cares about kids.

Bullaholic
12-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Jasper folks, for personal reasons outside the board which I won't go into here, I've been on the fence as to who to root for, even though a Jasper win can only make our team look better.

However, due to a number of recent posts regarding the Snyder vs Gilmer game, I've jumped off the fence. I have always been a firm believer in the saying "Win with dignity, lose with grace" or vice versa.

LHPMom....your support is worth at least 10 points to any team.

Bullaholic
12-14-2004, 04:00 PM
Why should we be an underdog?? We have more playoff experience than just about any team in the state of Texas. We are now on our 4th trip 4 rounds deep in the playoffs. Our kids can play. We have speed, strength, determination...this is going to be a good game. If we get blowed out I will be the first to admit I was wrong and that Gilmer was simply the best in 3A this year...but if we win you want see me getting on here calling out Gilmer fans. We have a good team and every day this severe underdog tag that people are trying to lay on us probably just adds further fuel to our kids fire to win it all. The dogs will line up and knock the snot out of you if you aren't careful. Don't say I didn't warn you if it happens.

Truthfully, I don't think my sentiments would be far different from yours if my Bulls were playing in the place of Jasper, Huper. I know the "underdog" tag is wearing a little thin with Jasper folks. I certainly intended no disrepect to Jasper with my "crystal ball" prediction earlier---anyone who has followed Texas High School football for any time at all is aware of the fine Jasper football tradition and that this year's team will only add to that.

JasperDog94
12-14-2004, 04:38 PM
We lost in the regional finals in 2001...it was small school 4A so it was 4 rounds. Okay. I wasn't real sure. Thanks.

JasperDog94
12-14-2004, 04:39 PM
Truthfully, I don't think my sentiments would be far different from yours if my Bulls were playing in the place of Jasper, Huper. I know the "underdog" tag is wearing a little thin with Jasper folks. I certainly intended no disrepect to Jasper with my "crystal ball" prediction earlier---anyone who has followed Texas High School football for any time at all is aware of the fine Jasper football tradition and that this year's team will only add to that. No offense taken here Bullaholic. As long as the "underdog" tag works in division 2 as well as it did in division 1, you'll hear no complaints out of me.:D

Hupernikomen
12-14-2004, 04:45 PM
No big deal. Doesn't matter what anyone thinks about these high school games..the coaches and players will determine the outcome. Go look at the picks the downlown has made for the year in slpybear's polls and see what kinda experts we have around here...better yet go look at how many people picked Wylie to win it all in Keith's bracket. I don't always get every pick right, but I do pretty good (just ask these coaches around here :D ) Wonder how many thought there was any chance Wylie could beat the high octane offense of Decatur??

j_dog
12-14-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

I did have the privilege to meet Panther Mom Saturday and I will tell you, she is a classy lady! :) Thank you Panther Mom for your support!

LH is a classy program also. And I did not see any LH posters getting on the boards and crying what if's. And it is tough not be be a sore loser and it is understandable when you see some frustration. What is sad when you see sore winners! :(

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Mom you are just too good!!!!! I would love to cross you path someday. You sure seem to be a classy lady who cares about kids.

Thank you! Drats...if both our teams had won, we'd be having a little M&G. ;) We'll just have to work on that next year.

GO DAWGS! (And, Thank you as well J Dog.)

j_dog
12-14-2004, 06:53 PM
.... I know the "underdog" tag is wearing a little thin with Jasper folks. .....
I have no problem with the "underdog" tag. We should be considered underdogs to a team that has won 3 more games than we. I just don't want people to be preparing the funeral even before the game has been played! :) Our Dogs are going out there to play some FOOTBALL Saturday. Win or lose, we will do it with dignity. :clap:

Hupernikomen
12-14-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
I did have the privilege to meet Panther Mom Saturday and I will tell you, she is a classy lady! :) Thank you Panther Mom for your support!

LH is a classy program also. And I did not see any LH posters getting on the boards and crying what if's. And it is tough not be be a sore loser and it is understandable when you see some frustration. What is sad when you see sore winners! :(

I met her too and gave her a big hug :D

Bullaholic
12-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Hupernikomen----You may have explained the significance of the meaning of your user name numerous times before,so please forgive me for asking yet again, but my reference info shows it to be a Greek translation meaning "We are more than conquerors". Is that close?

Hupernikomen
12-14-2004, 09:04 PM
Romans 8:35-37 reads, "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us."

Yeah that is exactly right. Was a vocabulary word in one of my greek classes (religion major) and I liked it.

Huper- means above
nik- means victory (where the word nike comes from)
omen is the 1st personal plural ending of a verb.

we are more than victors or conquerors..

Bullaholic
12-14-2004, 09:11 PM
Thanks Huper---you have a very intellectually appealing user name with great significance. Vaya con Dios, mi amigo.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-14-2004, 09:12 PM
wow....man...thats powerful....

im gonna get big sign that says that for the game made...

ScottH
12-15-2004, 11:31 AM
OK! I have read ALL the posts. I am impartial to either team. I live in Frisco (Dallas) so I would like to give MY opinion. I saw Gilmer play Tatum and I have kept up with them on tv and the boards from various links ever since I saw them play Celina last year. I know everyone thinks their team is the BEST and wants them to win. However, I can't believe folks are not giving Gilmer the respect they DESERVE! We are talking about the #1 team, the #1 Defense (regardless of what Snyder fans think). A team that has won 28 out of their last 29 games! Of course Jasper is GREAT they would not be playing Sat. if they were'nt. Last time I checked, Gilmer was UNDEFEATED (that means NOBODY has beat them!) Jasper has 3 losses (by 3 very good teams). So in my OPINION, Gilmer fans should be able to be a little arrogant and walk with a swagger if they want to. Until someone beats them they are still 15-0! Maybe they are unbeatable, who knows? Jasper fans and their new best friends Snyder need to talk to
SpringHill, Tatum, and Madison about talking about what your team is going to do to Gilmer. What happened? I believe before the Snyder game, someone from Gilmer stated Snyder fans would be shocked after the 1st. quarter. Gilmer fans KNOW their team. I think until someone beats them, the Buckeyes (team) deserve the respect they have earned! If Jasper wins, congratulations! However, I don't see that happening. Gilmer 42 jasper 28.

JasperDog94
12-15-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
Gilmer fans should be able to be a little arrogant and walk with a swagger if they want to Please be my guest. I hope they are arrogant and walk with a swagger. Arrogance and overconfidence can go hand in hand.

JasperDog94
12-15-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
I think until someone beats them, the Buckeyes (team) deserve the respect they have earned! Who's not giving them the respect they deserve?

easttexan1
12-15-2004, 12:37 PM
Maybe as State Finalist, both teams should be given the respect they deserve! Neither team is here by chance Congratulations guys, not many folks get where you are at and regardless of who wins, revel in the knowledge that you are one of the best. Good luck to both.

pirate4state
12-15-2004, 04:59 PM
What is this topic doing on page 2 :eek: One more game to play -- wish I could be there!

GO JASPER BULLDOGS!!!

ALLSPORTSGUY
12-15-2004, 05:12 PM
Will they be selling tickets at the gate?

Jody
12-15-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by ALLSPORTSGUY

Yes sir. They have been $ 8.00 for the last few games.

ALLSPORTSGUY
12-15-2004, 05:18 PM
Thanks Jody!!

pinecone
12-15-2004, 05:22 PM
Personally I would like to see Jasper's #45 carry the football at least once during the game. He is a power runner and a real crowd pleaser. No, I am not kin to him. I don't even remember his name. If I were a coach (which I am not, obviously) I would find a way to work him into my game plan. He can flatten tacklers and keep on going.

Bullaholic
12-15-2004, 05:56 PM
I heard a line from the movie "Jeremiah Johnson" that I think would give some comfort to those folks who feel like their team has really been attacked in some posts.

Jermiah Johnson, the Mountain Man, after having killed many Crow warriors, was asking his trapper friend, Gerald, why so many of the Crow warriors, one at a time, continued to seek him out to try to kill him. His friend replied---"A Crow warrior counts his worth by how mighty his enemies be."

ILoveSoccerMoms
12-15-2004, 06:17 PM
i like jaspers chances against the spread, they have the quick intelligent line to get to the quarterback and the speed in the line backers and secondary to cover the receivers wen the line takes longer than 1.3 seconds to get past the guards and tackles, i dont know much about gilmers defense but if all jasper needed was 3 yards in a clowd of dust they could move that much on anyone this side of 4a football (for the unknowledgable that means anyone in 3a 2a or 1a)

Gilmer Buckeye
12-15-2004, 07:47 PM
This is not related to football, but I just wanted to say something positive about Jasper. Jasper is a little out-of-the-way in terms of location down there in Deep East Texas, but I have been there several times and it is a nice little city.

Last time I was there a few years ago, I was impressed with the development. Jasper is quite a bit larger than Gilmer and is farther to Beaumont, I think, than Gilmer is to Longview or even Tyler. So you have a lot of stores that we do not have because of our proximity to Longview.

I think I recall a rather picturesque and historic courthouse as well. You all should be proud of your community and how it came together after the "unpleasantness" of a few years back, which was in no way caused by the local people, as I understand it.

The nearby Angelina National Forest is beautiful. I have gone camping a number of times at the Boykin Springs Recreation Area and usually make it a point to drive into Jasper from there to see how it has changed since the last time I was there.

Also, your Methodist pastor named Bob Webb came to Jasper from Gilmer. He is a wonderful fellow. I hope that we all realize as East Texans, Texans, Americans and just fellow human beings that we always have a lot more that unites us than what separates us in terms of football and the like.

Whichever team wins, we should remember that this is a season of peace, love and understanding. On Sunday morning most of us will be going to church and praising God for the wonderful life eternal He has given us. I used to thank God when I was a kid that He had given us football. No matter how down I got, I thought to myself, football is just awesome. And I felt the same way about the other sports I followed and played, though not with the same passion. I was just a "sporty guy."

As Grantland Rice, the legendary sportswriter, once wrote, "When the one Great Scorer comes to write against your name, he marks not that you won or lost, but how you played the game."

We go through life and we have individual wins and losses in various aspects of our life. At the end of the day and of life, it's all about love. I survived a near-death experience (got hit by an SUV which ran off the road into me going about 40 mph) a little over a year ago. And this is the message I received from "the other side." All that survives is love.

I love the Buckeyes and I love the Bulldogs for what they have achieved this season, but I also love the other 62 teams who didn't make it this far (and the 30 in Div I who didn't make it to their final) and I love the teams that didn't even make the playoffs. Every young man who has ever come out for football and every young man and woman who did not needs our love as well. These are just kids, after all. It's important that they know that we love them all and we will never give up on them, because they are all a part of us.

Someday the whole world will experience KUI, the Buckeye team motto, which is shorthand for a much longer Hawaiian word (which is also the last name of one of our linebackers) which translates "Coming Together As One."

JHS_c/o_06'
12-15-2004, 08:19 PM
Buckeye....that was a very good post...i hope that some people on this board can learn something from you.

j_dog
12-16-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Gilmer Buckeye
This is not related to football, but I just wanted to say something positive about Jasper. ......
Thank you Buckeye! Your thoughts are appreciated. I wish I knew something about Gilmer so that I could reciprocate in kind. The only thing I ever heard about Gilmer (from my dad) was that Gilmer was Remlig spelled backward. ;) Just kidding you!! :)

I am looking forward to the prospect for a great game Saturday. Hope you can attend the Meet and Greet! :)

TOPS1435
12-16-2004, 12:30 AM
I understand Mr. Gilmer had a great lumbering community down your way 100 years ago. But we got in the way of his naming his community for himself since we already had a post office in Gilmer for 50 years.

Was Remlig near Reklaw? Mr. Walker had the same problem.

At least Jasper and Gilmer have their names on straight.

PPHSfan
12-16-2004, 04:33 AM
I understand Mr. Gilmer had a great lumbering community down your way 100 years ago. But we got in the way of his naming his community for himself since we already had a post office in Gilmer for 50 years.

Was Remlig near Reklaw? Mr. Walker had the same problem.

At least Jasper and Gilmer have their names on straight.

Actually I think Reklaw was named after MRS. WALKER. Seems I recall her name was Margaret.:)

Hupernikomen
12-16-2004, 10:40 PM
Kinda like Iraan...anyone know who this town is named after?

J_dog tells an interesting story about Jasper's and Newton's names...

YBS
12-16-2004, 10:44 PM
Very well stated gilmer buckeye

Astrosdawg07
12-16-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by ALLSPORTSGUY
Don't be surprised if they sell out, the stadium is not all that large.

j_dog
12-16-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by AChesnut
Don't be surprised if they sell out, the stadium is not all that large.
I understand their "standing room" is unlimited. :)

TOPS1435
12-16-2004, 11:55 PM
Not exactly unlimited.:cool: When Longview and Lufkin played a few weeks ago, 23,000 came, the second highest crowd. The greatest crowd was for a NCAA Div 1-AA playoff game between SFA and McNeese State. That was 24,000+. When the 14,500 seats in the stands are filled, they allow people to overflow onto the grassy slopes all around.

By the way, Hypernikomen, Iraan is named for Ira Yates and his wife, Ann. They owned the ranch where the Yates Oil Field was discovered and their names were chosen in a contest for the new town that was developing. Often mispronounced I-ran it is really a contract of the husband and the wife's names Ira-an(n).:)

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2004, 07:03 AM
Often mispronounced I-ran it is really a contract of the husband and the wife's names Ira-an(n).:)

:D Haha! I knew that! Everyone, hubby especially, always looks at me like I'm nuts when I say it. Sometimes, it feels good to know you were right. ;)

Hupernikomen
12-17-2004, 09:30 AM
Not exactly unlimited.:cool: When Longview and Lufkin played a few weeks ago, 23,000 came, the second highest crowd. The greatest crowd was for a NCAA Div 1-AA playoff game between SFA and McNeese State. That was 24,000+. When the 14,500 seats in the stands are filled, they allow people to overflow onto the grassy slopes all around.

By the way, Hypernikomen, Iraan is named for Ira Yates and his wife, Ann. They owned the ranch where the Yates Oil Field was discovered and their names were chosen in a contest for the new town that was developing. Often mispronounced I-ran it is really a contract of the husband and the wife's names Ira-an(n).:)

You are correct...as if I needed to tell you that. Good luck tomorrow and hope whoever you are associated with on Gilmer's team has a great game.

chugbug
12-17-2004, 10:14 AM
Jasper will win this one hands down. I am usually 100% wrong on my picks. This may be the kiss of death for Jasper. I hope not . It is Jasper's time. :eek: :eek: :eek: :hairpunk: :eek: :eek: :eek:

spiveyrat
12-17-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by chugbug
Jasper will win this one hands down. I am usually 100% wrong on my picks. This may be the kiss of death for Jasper. I hope not . It is Jasper's time. :eek: :eek: :eek: :hairpunk: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have more confidence in Jody's curse than your kiss of death! :D

89JDAWG
12-17-2004, 10:57 AM
ok time for the weekly prediction last week I blew it with LH they were able to score more than I thought they would. This week the Jasper Defence will score twice to help lead them to the state title the offence will play ball control and keep Gilmers offence off the field.
end of the 1st half= Jasper 28...Gilmer 21
Final score JASPER 42......gilmer.....41
What a GAME!!!!!!

j_dog
12-17-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
I have more confidence in Jody's curse than your kiss of death! :D
Yes, if Gilmer understood the power of the Jody curse, they would not even bother to show up! :D

BigBrother
12-17-2004, 01:47 PM
Gilmer 48
Jasper 20

It could be worse, but Coach Traylor calls of the dogs (no pun intended) in the 2nd half.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-17-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by BigBrother
Gilmer 48
Jasper 20

Haha.....if you only knew what lies awaiting.....

89JDAWG
12-17-2004, 02:53 PM
regardless of who wins the pineywoods will have won another state championship. That just goes to show how strong this part of texas is.

gtownpoke
12-17-2004, 03:59 PM
Good luck to both teams tomorrow and let the better team win! Glad to see both teams are from east texas! Have a safe drive and Happy Holidays

Hupernikomen
12-17-2004, 04:05 PM
I agree...may the team that plays the best tomorrow win....the first 15 games up to this point don't count except to get you to this point.

PPHSfan
12-17-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
ok time for the weekly prediction last week I blew it with LH they were able to score more than I thought they would. This week the Jasper Defence will score twice to help lead them to the state title the offence will play ball control and keep Gilmers offence off the field.
What a GAME!!!!!!

I will bet you a gazillion dollars that neither Jasper's "Defence" nor Gilmer's "Offence" will score a single point.

By the way. Do you go to school in Jasper?

fb85
12-17-2004, 07:42 PM
By the way. Do you go to school in Jasper? [/B][/QUOTE]

If you are going to make fun of someone's spelling you should at least get your punctuation right!!!!

By the way, do you go to school in Jasper?

PPHSfan
12-17-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by fb85
By the way. Do you go to school in Jasper?

If you are going to make fun of someone's spelling you should at least get your punctuation right!!!!

By the way, do you go to school in Jasper?

When I want some lip from a 3 post wonder I will scrape it off my arse.:)

JHS_c/o_06'
12-17-2004, 07:47 PM
haha

Manck
12-17-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
What a GAME!!!!!!

That's how British folks spell it. That would be sort of cool to have a Brit know enough about Texas 3A Football to be posting on here.....

Astrosdawg07
12-17-2004, 11:42 PM
GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!

JasperDog94
12-17-2004, 11:45 PM
The greatest crowd was for a NCAA Div 1-AA playoff game between SFA and McNeese State. That was 24,000+. When the 14,500 seats in the stands are filled, they allow people to overflow onto the grassy slopes all around. If you're talking about the game in 95, that was a regular season game. McNeese was #1 and SFA was #3. I was in the SFA marching band that year. I remember it well since the band got in 2 fights with the McNeese cheerleaders because they tried to run their flag in front of our student section and through the band....Not a smart move. (I'm speaking of the male cheerleaders for all you wise guys out there.:D :D )

Hupernikomen
12-18-2004, 12:39 AM
I was at that game..sitting on the grass..it was a packed house.

Raider Nurse
12-18-2004, 09:58 AM
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!! Win it all!!!!!:clap:

Bulldog_12
12-18-2004, 10:05 AM
go Dawgs

Hupernikomen
12-18-2004, 10:26 AM
well jody, j_dog and myself will be heading out before long. I suspect each of us will give the low down on the game upon our return. Good luck to both teams and Go Dawgs!

easttexan1
12-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Gotta Go! Gotta Go! Good luck guys!

Bulldog_12
12-18-2004, 12:47 PM
The day is finally here and I am ecstatic. This is the game that this town has been waiting for. Its been years since Rowe High won it, but not it is JHS' turn to win it all. It has been 2 years in the making for us in 3a, we have come So close so many times, only to be denied. These kids obviously have something special to be this far. It shows a lot about their character and sense of teamwork. I for one am very proud of every guy on this team and wish them the very best in the game today. But hey, if ya talk to any Gilmer fans, don't let them in on our little "secret". They don't know whats coming, but Jasper, as long with every team they have played, know what is about to travel to SFA. Watch out Gilmer, HERE COME THE DAWGS!!!!!!!!

TOPS1435
12-18-2004, 01:19 PM
Everyone have a safe trip to the game and back. The day has turn out to be wonderful (unlike the fog of yesterday). Who could ask for more.

By the way, Jasper, as you will see, you are going to face An Army of Buckeyes, Last one out, turn off the lights. We're headed to Nacogdoches.

Go Buckeyes win. KUI!!!!!!!!

Hupernikomen
12-18-2004, 01:29 PM
I bet gilmer has a great crowd there...I hope Jasper's showing doesn't disappoint our east texas neighbors.

j_dog
12-18-2004, 01:44 PM
I'm also off to the game! Go Dogs. Bring home the Buckeyes!... I mean bring home the State Championship! :D

JasperDog94
12-19-2004, 01:11 PM
There will be less than 60 yards in penalties. Yeah, but too bad all but 5 went against Jasper...:thinking: :thinking: