PDA

View Full Version : Jasper/Liberty Hill Recap

Bellville22
12-11-2004, 07:27 PM
What a game! At first, it looked like Jasper would run away with this one, LH simply couldn't handle the speed. Jasper had 21 points after running 3 plays from scrimmage. But LH simply wouldn't go away. They have a very effective offensive scheme, with 3 or 4 options on ever play. Jasper had a very tough time finding the ball, which led to the Panthers hanging around. In the 2nd half, the Panther D came to life, shutting out the Bulldogs. But the Jasper D simply wouldn't give in. Came down to a play from the 1 yd line, w/ 13 seconds left. Jasper came up with the stop, and time expired. LH had used a time-out after the play before, which I don't think they wanted to use. The picked up a first down, and there was a face-mask on Jasper, so the clock was stopped. If they had that TO back, they would have had another play.

Final 35-27, congrats to both teams on a tremendous game. Good luck to Jasper as they face Gilmer/Snyder.

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-11-2004, 07:59 PM
liberty hill has nothing to be ashamed of, infact, someday they could make a movie about this very season!! remeber friday night lights, and superbowl 33 or 34? which ever one...congrats on the tremendous season to both teams.

HornetMom
12-11-2004, 08:09 PM
This was one heck of a game. I really thought LH would pull it out. Congrats to LH on a great season.

It was great meeting everyone today. Sure hope Jason remembers everyone's name when the picture gets posted. :eek: :D

j_dog
12-11-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Bellville22
What a game! At first, it looked like Jasper would run away with this one, LH simply couldn't handle the speed. Jasper had 21 points after running 3 plays from scrimmage. But LH simply wouldn't go away. .....
Yes, LH played with great heart to get back into this game. LH fans, you should be very proud of this team! :)

onfirebball05mustang
12-11-2004, 10:23 PM
I hear it was a GREAT game..Congrats to LH on a GREAT season...look out for y'all next season!
Congrats to Jasper too!!

Astrosdawg07
12-11-2004, 10:37 PM
I have one thing to say though, THANKS JODY!!! See yall at SFA!!! GO DAWGS!!!!

j_dog
12-11-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by AChesnut
I have one thing to say though, THANKS JODY!!! See yall at SFA!!! GO DAWGS!!!!
Yes, Jody is our very best weapon! :) Is there anyone on this planet who now does not believe in the Jody curse? :D

Sure hopes he helps us this next week. That may be our best hope against a very tough Gilmer team. :mad:

easttexan1
12-11-2004, 11:43 PM
Great Game! Jasper would get the momentum and LH would take it right back. I said the other day that Jasper was really making things happen right now, and I think this game proved it. Our defenders were getting shut off to the inside the first half, and when we started shifting over in the second half, I thought we had it figured out, but LH would do something different and off they would go again. It was an almost classic Jasper ending, except this time, WE WON! Odd thing, we had a bunch of Burnet fans around us and they were pulling for Jasper. Let's win another!

Hupernikomen
12-11-2004, 11:48 PM
yeah I saw a little green on our side..but I know there was plenty of green on the purple and yellow side cheering for reg. 4 representative LH.

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2004, 12:44 AM
Man, this is tough. The only thing that makes it any easier for me personally, is that none of my sons were on the team. :( On the other hand, I wish my oldest had still been out playing with them.

Jasper players & fans, congratulations on the win tonight. You have 2-3 SUPER fast guys that once loose, they were gone. Many of the players were the biggest we've faced this year. Good luck next week against Gilmer.

Panthers, what a ride this was. Thank you for bringing us along. I'll have another post specifically for ya'll later. Defense, I need to give you a HUGE congratulations on keeping us in the game. It took the first half to adjust, but once you came out the 2nd half, you did your jobs...and then some. Offensive Line, you never get enough credit, but without you, there would be no 4-headed monster. Congrats on an outstanding season!

Burnet & Caldwell folks, thank you for being there to cheer for our team.

CheerMom
12-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Congrats, LH, on a great season!! LHPM, I know you are so proud of these boys. They have done a tremendous job, and have so much class. Looking forward to next season and what it may bring. Everyone, have a great Holiday Season!!!

honeymd
12-12-2004, 11:24 AM
A loss like that in the final seconds with a screw-up on the facemask vs TO call makes it very difficult to swallow.

I just want to congratulate LH for having such a first class team. You should be very proud of yourselves and what you accomplished.