PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Abilene Wylie

Keith7
12-11-2004, 07:12 PM
http://img64.exs.cx/img64/736/statechampswylie2ib.jpg

Good Season.. just accept the title with class

Old Cardinal
12-11-2004, 07:21 PM
Congrats to A. Wylie! Boy that Region I is looking strong. I looks like with Snyder, Sweetwater, Wylie and several others in your area that you folks have become a Mecca of good 3A football!

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-11-2004, 08:08 PM
who was it that was saying region 1 was a joke??? more over district 4-3a? im not saying the other regions arent good, because all regions have their good great and average teams. congrats to wylie on the great season.

pero chato
12-11-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
[IMG]

Good Season.. just accept the title with class

Indeed, my friend. That's how 99% of us accepted it. Please excuse a FEW of our youngsters for showing a little bit too much, well, youth. I will say it again--a heartfelt congrats to the Gobblers on an awesome season. This game could have gone either way. To think otherwise is naive. The Cuero fans and players are a class act and I have a feeling they will be back to the big dance real soon.

44INAROW
12-11-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
Indeed, my friend. That's how 99% of us accepted it. Please excuse a FEW of our youngsters for showing a little bit too much, well, youth. I will say it again--a heartfelt congrats to the Gobblers on an awesome season. This game could have gone either way. To think otherwise is naive. The Cuero fans and players are a class act and I have a feeling they will be back to the big dance real soon.

thanks Pero.. Games don't get much better and down to the wire for sure :p Congrats to the Wylie team as well.

aforbs19
12-11-2004, 09:45 PM
hey keith7, were you on the gainesville football team?

Keith7
12-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by aforbs19
hey keith7, were you on the gainesville football team?

I was in 2002, that was my senior year so i wasnt on the 2003 state championship team if thats what u were askin

sinton66
12-11-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by pero chato

Now, all you young-uns out there, take a lesson here from a long time downlower. THIS is a classy post.

aforbs19
12-11-2004, 09:51 PM
ya, thats what i was wonderin

Keith7
12-11-2004, 09:53 PM
ya, thats what i was wonderin

oh nope i missed it by a year.. i always say now that i shoulda failed a grade

aforbs19
12-11-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
oh nope i missed it by a year.. i always say now that i shoulda failed a grade

that stinks, how'd yall do your senior year

Keith7
12-11-2004, 09:57 PM
that stinks, how'd yall do your senior year

we were 10-2 our only losses came to Celina and Atlanta..

A couple of different coaching calls and we coulda won either game.. but i'm not bitter :D

aforbs19
12-11-2004, 09:58 PM
this was my senior year for wylie, stinks that i dont get to play any more but at least we finally won state

Keith7
12-11-2004, 10:01 PM
you should be proud.. it woulda stunk being on the wylie team the year before after this years won state.. trust me i know :D

j_dog
12-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Congratulations Wylie on a big victory. And congratulations to Cuero for making the big dance once again! :)

Chief Woodman
12-11-2004, 10:17 PM
Congrats to Wylie! You guys had the right combo of talent, coaching and luck that any team must have to win the title. This will be a memory you will treasure for the rest of your lives.

Whsdogs
12-12-2004, 02:59 AM
hey forbis this is jason, i know what u mean keith by missing the title by a year i played my senior year last year but you know what if u think about it u have alot to do with it...i know our senior class helped out the juniors and soph. alot as they also helped us im proud of this team for winning this state for the wylie community its an awesome thing and cuero was very classy and well coached football team. I couldnt have asked for anything better than for these guys to win this and all the coaches i know how things are and what they go through all year to prepare and they derserve this, especially after being ousted in the semis last year...like i told a few guys before the game finish what u started. Good Job Dawgs!

StangMom2
12-13-2004, 10:11 AM
Congrats Wylie on your great season and State Championship, you represented 4-3A well. :clap:

Black_Magic
12-13-2004, 11:17 AM
congrats to Wylie on the big game. West Texas was well represented this year and there is now NO doubt what district was the dominant one in the state. Way to go 4-3A.

underware
12-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Great game. Congrats to Wylie. And to Cuero.........Great season!!!

WitchyWoman
12-13-2004, 11:47 AM
Abilene Wylie, just wanted to say that we traveled from Tiger Land Friday nite on the way to our Play off game Saturday Nite. We pulled into Eastland at about the half listening to your game all the way... As we sat in our car outside my Mom's house on Lake Leon we screamed and yelled as though we were in the Stadium. And let me tell you when those final seconds ticked off we honked our horns and grinned from ear to ear... WAY TO REPRESENT DAWGS !!! CONGRATS ON YOUR STATE VICTORY, GREAT SEASON.

To ALL my Tiger's including the Coaching staff - - - WAY TO GO BOY'S, WERE PROUD!!! That was some RIDE, thanks for the memories...

Whsdogs
12-13-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by WitchyWoman
Abilene Wylie, just wanted to say that we traveled from Tiger Land Friday nite on the way to our Play off game Saturday Nite. We pulled into Eastland at about the half listening to your game all the way... As we sat in our car outside my Mom's house on Lake Leon we screamed and yelled as though we were in the Stadium. And let me tell you when those final seconds ticked off we honked our horns and grinned from ear to ear... WAY TO REPRESENT DAWGS !!! CONGRATS ON YOUR STATE VICTORY, GREAT SEASON.

To ALL my Tiger's including the Coaching staff - - - WAY TO GO BOY'S, WERE PROUD!!! That was some RIDE, thanks for the memories...

dang true west texas football fan right there...most people would prob. be bitter about another team in their district winning..haha jk thanx though

Spaceman_Spiff
12-13-2004, 05:21 PM
Congratulations to the Wylie Bulldogs and Coaches Sandifer, Lang, Hibbits, Crider, Martin and the rest of the staff. I got to see them play Graham in Week 4 but didn't think the Bulldogs of that night would be sitting on top of Division 1 when the season ended. Thats a tribute to hardworking coaches, players, and fans.

superslyguy06
12-13-2004, 06:42 PM
i moved from Graham to Wylie after my 9th grade year and i was there friday night and i can say i was proud to say those were my old group of buddiesout there

superslyguy06
12-13-2004, 06:43 PM
Wylie to Graham* my bad :rolleyes:

Spaceman_Spiff
12-13-2004, 06:44 PM
With the exception of Week 4, was it a good move?

superslyguy06
12-14-2004, 12:23 AM
well, i dont play football anymore but overall, yes. graham is a great place to live with a bunch of great people. all of my friends play football and im the cool kid that plays tennis.
that was difficult too, going from getting 2nd in state my fresh. year to vernon then moving to graham, in the same district as vernon. but yeah, its great here

superslyguy06
12-14-2004, 12:24 AM
but oh yeah, me and adidas share just about the same opinion about birq-daddy. ;)

Adidas410s
12-14-2004, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by superslyguy06
but oh yeah, me and adidas share just about the same opinion about birq-daddy. ;)

yeah...except your fat!

Spaceman_Spiff
12-14-2004, 09:50 AM
Which makes me wonder what his opinion of you two might be?

superslyguy06
12-14-2004, 10:48 AM
all he knows about me is i play tennis which takes $ away from football; therefore, he doesnt care much for me. oh well!:p

Spaceman_Spiff
12-14-2004, 11:40 AM
So Bourquin distributes football $ to all of the other sports, which, in your thinking, makes him dislike other sports? In checking back, Graham won District last year in every sport except Boys and Girls Cross Country and Baseball (all 3 finished Second in District), and Tennis, and I couldnt find their District finish in that sport. Seems to me that he must have spent a lot of Football $ on all of those other sports since trips to Regionals are expensive when you are talking about the numbers that went to Region from Graham. Your Volleyball team, Boys Basketball Team, and Track Teams all went Region, so he must really disike those sports, and if I'm not mistaken, several of your Track athletes went to the State Track Meet, so he must really dislike the track athletes. I'm not sure I understand your logic. Since you were from Wylie, I wonder how Coach Sandifer handles the distribution of Football $ to the other sports? However he does it, it must be better because he just coached the Bulldogs to a State Championship. Congrats Hugh.

Adidas410s
12-14-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Spaceman_Spiff
So Bourquin distributes football $ to all of the other sports, which, in your thinking, makes him dislike other sports? In checking back, Graham won District last year in every sport except Boys and Girls Cross Country and Baseball (all 3 finished Second in District), and Tennis, and I couldnt find their District finish in that sport. Seems to me that he must have spent a lot of Football $ on all of those other sports since trips to Regionals are expensive when you are talking about the numbers that went to Region from Graham. Your Volleyball team, Boys Basketball Team, and Track Teams all went Region, so he must really disike those sports, and if I'm not mistaken, several of your Track athletes went to the State Track Meet, so he must really dislike the track athletes. I'm not sure I understand your logic. Since you were from Wylie, I wonder how Coach Sandifer handles the distribution of Football $ to the other sports? However he does it, it must be better because he just coached the Bulldogs to a State Championship. Congrats Hugh.

I think his complaint about Bourquin, as from many others in Graham, is about his performance as a football coach. The money this is irrelevant because its not up to him. The UIL requires the school district to provide funding for transportation to all events that the school qualifies for so your arguement holds very little water. There are so many other factors than what you refer to as "football $$$." First and foremost, the majority of the school's funds come from their tax base rather than football money and that is allocated to the different programs based on 1) need and then 2) things that they would like to have. I know this to be the case at Wylie and can safely assume that it is this way in many other places as well.

Spaceman_Spiff
12-14-2004, 03:30 PM
Adidas, you're right, all $ spent in a School District comes from a General Fund, and thats what I was saying. Money to fund a Tennis program does not come from the Football budget, so why would the football coach "not care much for" someone in the tennis program. I also have friends in Graham, and they have nothing but praise for Bourquin and his staff and the character that they bring to the Athletes of Graham High School. Yes, my friends would also like to win a playoff game, as I'm sure would the coaching staff in Graham. Sometimes, there are other things that take precedent over winning.