PDA

View Full Version : Who Should Win the Heisman Trophy??

Keith7
12-11-2004, 05:53 PM
Who should win it?? No write in Canidates

Bullaholic
12-11-2004, 06:05 PM
O.k. no write-ins, but how do you feel about Benson being left out of the nominations?

Keith7
12-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
O.k. no write-ins, but how do you feel about Benson being left out of the nominations?

sssshhhhhhh thats exactly what i didnt want started silly goose

Bullaholic
12-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
sssshhhhhhh thats exactly what i didnt want started silly goose

I Know---HE HE HE:D

big daddy russ
12-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Wow, a lot of Big XII bias. I know Reggie Bush is good, but he's not a legit Heisman finalist IMO. Defenses didn't focus on him the way they did the passing game and that opened up a whole lot for Bush. His playmaking ability comes in the open field, not between the tackles.

I don't think the Heisman should go to the best player on the best team, it simply should go to the BEST PLAYER period... just like the original rules said. Alex Smith, you're my boy. If Utah didn't have him they'd be a 5-6 team right now... no wins over A&M, Arizona, San Diego State, Colorado or BYU. They'd also have lost another game somewhere in there. If you put him on USC, he'd start over Leinart. If you put him on Oklahoma, he'd start over White. He was the single most dominant skill player in college football this year.

Keith7
12-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
If Utah didn't have him they'd be a 5-6 team right now... no wins over San Diego State

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :clap: :clap: :D :D

District303aPastPlayer
12-11-2004, 07:21 PM
I think that Jason White will win
i want Peterson to win
but Alex Smith SHOULD win

aforbs19
12-11-2004, 07:28 PM
i think that if voters wont for peterson just because a freshman had never one, white shouldnt win because only 1 person has won heisman twice, and he dominated college football...white is just blessed with great team and great runningback

District303aPastPlayer
12-11-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by aforbs19
...white is just blessed ...with a great runningback

yeah... the Best True Fish in some years...

so aforbs.. who wins of the 3 left.. a trojan or ute?

gobblerfan02
12-11-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Wow, a lot of Big XII bias. I know Reggie Bush is good, but he's not a legit Heisman finalist IMO. Defenses didn't focus on him the way they did the passing game and that opened up a whole lot for Bush. His playmaking ability comes in the open field, not between the tackles.

I don't think the Heisman should go to the best player on the best team, it simply should go to the BEST PLAYER period... just like the original rules said. \

I agree w/ the big 12 bias, but if the statement about the best player were true, Jason White should've lost last year's Heisman to Eli....who IMHO, was ten times better than any college player last season...he turned Ole' Miss around and made them a contending team...but again, its probly up to the same stupid ppl who made up the BCS...they'll never get anything right!

gobblerfan02
12-11-2004, 07:51 PM
If you didn't catch my drift before.....I think Jason White SUCKS! :tongue:

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-11-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
If you didn't catch my drift before.....I think Jason White SUCKS! :tongue: ill go one step further...peterson may have been raised in texas, but he play for oklahoma now. hes dead to me. there is one thing i hate more than people w/ double standards, people from oklahoma, so i feel your pain

aforbs19
12-11-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
yeah... the Best True Fish in some years...

so aforbs.. who wins of the 3 left.. a trojan or ute?

i think leinart will win but i'm not sure who's better between him and smith

CalallenWildcat
12-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Alex Smith---he's the only finalist without someone else in the backfield who is also there.

Keith7
12-11-2004, 09:36 PM
The final votes before the heisman was announced

Adrian Peterson - OU 5 25.00%
Jason White - OU 4 20.00%
Reggie Bush - USC 3 15.00%
Matt Leinart - USC 6 30.00%
Alex Smith - Utah 2 10.00%

looks like the downlow predicted the heisman accuratly.. the cool thing is that the actual final heisman voting looked like this..

1. Matt Leinart
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Jason White
4. Alex Smith
5. Reggie Bush

just alittle different then the way we voted..

very cool guys

big daddy russ
12-11-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
...but if the statement about the best player were true, Jason White should've lost last year's Heisman to Eli....who IMHO, was ten times better than any college player last season... I just said that it should go to the best player in the nation. I didn't say that's where it goes. In my opinion, last year's race should've been between Eli, Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Turner (Northern Illinois RB... awesome player), Teddy Lehman and Sean Taylor. Oh, and Eli was good but I voted Fitzgerald.

Astrosdawg07
12-12-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

By god, it pisses me off!!!!