PDA

View Full Version : I have a couple of coaching questions...

Keith7
12-11-2004, 03:39 PM
If you are a coach and wouldnt like people to know so by posting on here, feel free to PM me.. I just have a couple of questions I would like to know...

What are the work hours and personal demands of being a coach??

What kind of benefits do you recieve?? Vacations?? Medical benefits?? Retirement??

Can you suggest some academic and/or field experiences that will best prepare one for becoming a coach???

I know some of these are dumb but they are things i need to know for a report i'm doing for school

Keith7
12-11-2004, 04:19 PM
ANY info would help please

3afan
12-11-2004, 04:23 PM
keith - its Saturday - doubt many coaches are sitting at their computers ......

Keith7
12-11-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
keith - its Saturday - doubt many coaches are sitting at their computers ......

well i hope they read this by wednesday or i'm gonna have to make up stuff

KTJ
12-11-2004, 04:26 PM
1.) Most coaches report to work at least an hour before school starts and don't leave until like 6:00 in the evening, depending on the season of the sport.

2.) Retirement is shady. I think it's your age plus your years of teaching has to equal to 80???

3.) History, Communications, Kinesiology, Math, etc.

TheDOCTORdre
12-11-2004, 04:27 PM
When I was in high school, at church camp I coached my churches junior high basketball team and they won, as well I coached the girls basketball team and they won the championship I was also the assistant softball coach and we won that champioship as well.
The personal demands were not high, I recieved no benefits, and I required no education for this. hope that helps:D :D :D

Holmes_Fans
12-11-2004, 04:29 PM
I might coach a little dribblers team this year.

crabman
12-11-2004, 05:38 PM
Coach Mark Reeve of Cuero has worked 14-15 hours a day six days a week and 6-7 hours on Sundays for the last 20 weeks. Going to state is a booger.