PDA

View Full Version : Benson wins the Doak Walker

PPHSfan
12-09-2004, 11:51 PM
Best RB in the country.

But not good enough to make the final five in the Heisman.

hmmmmmm

Keith7
12-10-2004, 12:09 AM
i could name a couple of RB's who had better seasons then Benson, but i have a big election coming up and dont want to make anybody upset

SintonFan
12-10-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
i could name a couple of RB's who had better seasons then Benson, but i have a big election coming up and dont want to make anybody upset
:clap: :clap: :clap: :D

SintonFan
12-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Best RB in the country.

But not good enough to make the final five in the Heisman.

hmmmmmm
No doubt that makes many of us go hmmmmmm.
Tis a shame.:(

YBS
12-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Benson definitely deserved the Doak. I believe it usually goes to the best candidate w/ a strong career and some tenure and he definitely was that.

Bullaholic
12-10-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Keith7

Politician!....you might as well---you already made all the Texas fans mad with the Cal BCS thing.

bigpimpin
12-10-2004, 12:15 PM
What I'd like to know is how both RB's from Auburn got on the semifinalist list and the leading rusher IN THE COUNTRY Jamarrio out of North Texas didn't make it...just curious

Phil C
12-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Way to go Cedrick. Well deserved. I know others were well deserving too but you can only have one winner.

crzyjournalist03
12-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by bigpimpin
What I'd like to know is how both RB's from Auburn got on the semifinalist list and the leading rusher IN THE COUNTRY Jamarrio out of North Texas didn't make it...just curious

Coach Dickey wasn't happy about that...ironically, the board said that freshman weren't usually eligible for the award, but they decided to make them eligible this year...so Adrian Peterson gets nominated, but not JT...and the sad part is, he's not just running up stats against weak opponents...this kid is the real deal...he was recruited by a lot of big schools, but they just couldn't help him academically like he needed, so he ended up at NT.

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-10-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Politician!....you might as well---you already made all the Texas fans mad with the Cal BCS thing. he may hev made all of us 'horns fans mad, but he's just misled. he should have no quarrel w/ texas, i dont remember who stated it but he should be mad at teams like pitt and virginia tech, even michigan. its also been said numerous times before the top 8 ranked teams should go to the top 4 bowls. other wise what is the point of ranking systems?!?!

Diboll_Lumberjackk
12-10-2004, 04:12 PM
They only gave him this because peterson is getting the heismen :D

Phil C
12-10-2004, 05:18 PM
The main thing a running back should do is make tds. Benson made the most tds so he is deserving of the award. It is still points and not yardage that wins football games.

Keith7
12-10-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
The main thing a running back should do is make tds. Benson made the most tds so he is deserving of the award. It is still points and not yardage that wins football games.

he has to score the touchdowns, who else would on that offense?