PDA

View Full Version : TV Sports report about Gilmer-Check it out

Buckeyeman
12-09-2004, 11:02 PM
Check out this segment that aired on KLTV Channel 7 out of Tyler about Gilmer's win over Tatum and the upcoming game with Snyder. Manuel Jonson and Daniel Dodd are interviewed.

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2669216&nav=1TjFU054

VWG
12-10-2004, 12:51 PM
I wonder after watching that video clip..... How many schools still enforce "no facial hair"? I know some schools still enforce it with a dress code, etc....

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by VWG
I wonder after watching that video clip..... How many schools still enforce "no facial hair"? I know some schools still enforce it with a dress code, etc....

Our school enforces no facial hair, haircut length & dress codes. At Sr. assembly for 2003 graduation, the principal called out two guys names that were in need of a haircut & told them they wouldn't be able to walk at graduation if they didn't get one.

nutcrackin
12-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Get a clue guy's. both of these guy's are fantastic students as well with GPA's at 3.0. a little facial hair or long hair is just giving them the ability to express themselves. this isn't the 50's anymore. i think the 70's allowed it??????

VWG
12-10-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by nutcrackin
Get a clue guy's. both of these guy's are fantastic students as well with GPA's at 3.0. a little facial hair or long hair is just giving them the ability to express themselves. this isn't the 50's anymore. i think the 70's allowed it??????

Damn! Just asking a question. Didn't know that people in Gilmer were so "touchy".
I didn't see any comments in my reply that were offensive to anybody. Just asked a question.

cameron
12-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Damn! Just asking a question. Didn't know that people in Gilmer were so "touchy".
I didn't see any comments in my reply that were offensive to anybody. Just asked a question.

Not all in gilmer are so touchy...i actually found it funny and ridiculious that someone would even care...soooo ask away...Mr. Nutt is a sensitive person I think....I think hes just acting the way he is too balance out some of the defensiveness that has come from out westward way....dont take it personally....like i said i thought it was funny....so what did you think about the clips other than your question....

VWG
12-10-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by cameron
Not all in gilmer are so touchy...i actually found it funny and ridiculious that someone would even care...soooo ask away...Mr. Nutt is a sensitive person I think....I think hes just acting the way he is too balance out some of the defensiveness that has come from out westward way....dont take it personally....like i said i thought it was funny....so what did you think about the clips other than your question....

I was just curious as to how many school districts still have some sort of dress code, etc....
I've seen or heard of cases around the state in past years about guys with ponytails, body piercings, etc... and I know some districts still enforce certain rules concerning dress and grooming.

cameron
12-10-2004, 03:14 PM
The overall question is interesting, there are schools in our area that do enforce more rules than others...It would be interesting to know the criteria for creating such rules, I would imagine that it comes from past problems, and thus yeilds more restrictions on dress codes and appearance....ie: colored bandannas, etc....