PDA

View Full Version : Just a question for all

rockdale80
12-09-2004, 10:58 PM
I am just curious how some of the pics cross the lines of being political and are still allowed to stay. There are pcitures of Clinton, people taking stabs at Hilary. Even Michael Moore. ALL political! I can understand that they arent in public office, but they are all politically minded. Not that I am offended by this, but I did read the rules of posting on this message board, and have tried to abide to them. There were even posts edited by moderators because of their content, but none of those were. What gives?

PhiI C
12-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Rockdale we let the moderators decide what is appropriate or not. It is their judgement and we have confidence in them and accept what they decide.

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2004, 11:02 PM
I believe the "political" rule was that no political talk about candidates that were running. One of the mods could answer for sure.

rockdale80
12-09-2004, 11:04 PM
i just dont understand how it is in "fairness" to all. Isnt the point of not being political on here to not offend anyone else or start political debate. Go through the photos and decide for yourself. Not trying to offend any moderators, or anyone else for that matter, but doesnt seem fair for everyone.

3afan
12-09-2004, 11:05 PM
go to bed! dont worry about it!

rockdale80
12-09-2004, 11:07 PM
4). No political topics.
Political topics involving American political parties and their current candidates for office are forbidden.

I think some of those posts clearly cross that line.

There's your answer. Besides that, the funny picture thread was done brfore the rule took place. Check the date on the first post of the Funny picture thread. Then, check the date on the rules posting. You don't expect us to go back and edit history do you?

SintonFan
12-10-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
i just dont understand how it is in "fairness" to all. Isnt the point of not being political on here to not offend anyone else or start political debate. Go through the photos and decide for yourself. Not trying to offend any moderators, or anyone else for that matter, but doesnt seem fair for everyone.
No offense, but folks getting offended all the time just stifles any true discussion.
I hate political correctness...

rockdale80
12-10-2004, 12:26 AM
I am not offended by any of the political posts...it was just a question. and you are right. being offended does stifle debate, but how it is true discussion when one side is not allowed to speak their thoughts and the other is? that isnt a discussion...it is a lecture. I am the last person that would be offended by any of those posts because I can find humor in both party's weaknesses. I was just under the impression that there was no political debate whatsoever on this board. And whether or not Bill or Hilary are in office currently doesnt take away from the fact that there are alot of blows not only to them, but the democratic party.

PPHSfan
12-10-2004, 09:06 AM
BBDE,

Stop using that silly hider nicname and tell us how you really feel.:p

Ranger Mom
12-10-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
BBDE,

Stop using that silly hider nicname and tell us how you really feel.:p

Actually it's BBDE's older brother!

RD80, why drag all of this up now?