PDA

View Full Version : Team Send Offs

Bullaholic
12-09-2004, 08:10 PM
What kind of send offs and activities are the six remaining playoff schools having for their teams? How are your towns decorated to show support?

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2004, 08:16 PM
The town is not really decorated yet. As many as possible will be lining up at the high school Saturday morning, to give the buses a big send off when they depart at 9. There will be signs put up along Hwy 29 on the way out of town beforehand.

Bullaholic
12-09-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The town is not really decorated yet. As many as possible will be lining up at the high school Saturday morning, to give the buses a big send off when they depart at 9. There will be signs put up along Hwy 29 on the way out of town beforehand.

That's great LHPMom, and I'll bet you'll be one of the first in the line. I know it means a lot to these young guys to see all the support when they go off to play one of the biggest games of their lives.

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2004, 08:34 PM
Unfortunately, I will not be able to be there. :( We have to drive to Bandera before going to CS.

NSUTrumpet08
12-09-2004, 09:23 PM
I remember having one for Jasper in Bulldog Stadium (before it was called the boneyard...was it just renamed this year?) before we went on to play Bay City i think...

Since then, i don't remember having any sendoffs...maybe like small gatherings before the team left. I remember me and a few others playing the fight song as the boarded the bus...

gobbler grad
12-09-2004, 09:26 PM
good luck LH and have a safe trip

panthers & gobblers---region 4

:clap: :clap:

Old Green
12-09-2004, 09:30 PM
Just about every store in Cuero has Painted store fronts with spirit signs and such. I even saw some stores in Victoria with Gobbler signs.

On the Hwy 183 there will be road signs up also and there is a parade also sending the boys off tomorrow at 2:00. I belief that is the time I read.

cat dog horse
12-09-2004, 10:05 PM
we're leaving at 12

PPHSfan
12-09-2004, 10:12 PM
I heard that all of the Gilmer 7th and 8th graders will be following the bus in their pickups.:D

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
good luck LH and have a safe trip

panthers & gobblers---region 4

:clap: :clap:

Same to ya'll!

Bullaholic
12-09-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I heard that all of the Gilmer 7th and 8th graders will be following the bus in their pickups.:D

I gotta get off of here for my health---you're gonna kill me. BTW-does that mean that all of their seniors are at least 20? Or, are the parents driving the 7th and 8th graders?

PPHSfan
12-09-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I gotta get off of here for my health---you're gonna kill me. BTW-does that mean that all of their seniors are at least 20? Or, are the parents driving the 7th and 8th graders?

Well it wouldn't be funny if it were the parents now would it?

Bullaholic
12-09-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Well it wouldn't be funny if it were the parents now would it?

I just thought I would leave you a dignified "out"---but I should know better by now.

Buckeyeman
12-09-2004, 10:42 PM
Most of the windows in downtown Gilmer are decorated. The best one is at the Gilmer Cable TV building it shows Coach Traylor sitting on Santa's lap asking for a state championship.

DaHop72
12-09-2004, 11:33 PM
The Tigers are having a pep rally Friday morning and then leaving to go to Irving, the bus will be taking a route through town. Businesses have windows painted, cars painted and the face paint is being brought out by those who do that sort of thing.

nutcrackin
12-10-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by cat dog horse
we're leaving at 12

As they say in West Texas, "If ya ain't Cheatin' then ya ain't Tryin' right?"

LHMom
12-10-2004, 10:09 PM
LH is now decorated! We've bot purple/gold ribbons all over town, with balloons. We have signs down the highway from the school to Seward Junction. Locker room is decorated. We'll have lots of folks for a send-off as the buses leave tomorrow morning, and we'll be releasing a wave of purple balloons as the boys go by in the buses!

JHS_c/o_06'
12-11-2004, 01:23 AM
The cheerleaders decorated the field house every week, one time they put this big sign above the showers that said "shower like champions today..." it was great. And im sure the parents and cheerleaders put out signs along the highway we're taking...as for a 'send off'...i don't think we're gonna have one of those.