PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card Question

Green Ranger
12-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Kinda random question, but is there a law that states that stores have to look at the signature part of a credit card when you hand it to them? Reason I ask, I have written check photo ID on my credit card. Went to Jack in the Box today and realized I didnt have cash so I handed the lady my card, she looks dead at the Check Photo ID, looks at me then hands it back to me?!?!?!?! Guess I better not lose my wallet. But was curious if anybody else has done this and experienced this and or know if that is some violation?

JasperDog94
12-09-2004, 01:23 PM
It happens to me all the time. Most stores don't check ID. Around Christmas they tend to check it more often, but most of the time they never ask me for ID.

Jody
12-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Green Ranger
Kinda random question, but is there a law that states that stores have to look at the signature part of a credit card when you hand it to them? Reason I ask, I have written check photo ID on my credit card. Went to Jack in the Box today and realized I didnt have cash so I handed the lady my card, she looks dead at the Check Photo ID, looks at me then hands it back to me?!?!?!?! Guess I better not lose my wallet. But was curious if anybody else has done this and experienced this and or know if that is some violation?

When I padi the ref to call the Cameron Yoe game in Jasper's favor, he never looked at mine....:D

easttexan1
12-09-2004, 02:10 PM
All my cards have say the same thing and it is not unusual for the clerk to say, "do you want me to check your ID?" Duh!!! what does the card say???? A little employee training might be nice and might make it a little harder on the thieves.

raider red 2000
12-09-2004, 02:24 PM
fast food places around here dont even make you sign. i've had the crack and Mickey D's tell me that if the total is less than $15 then they done need to have it signed. i guess they figure in the never ending search to be the fastest of the fast food places that if someone says the card was stolen that the restraunt can affoed to eat the charge.

credit cards arnt so bad, but discover sends those traveler's checks that charge you acount. a few years ago someone went through my garbage and wrote about $800 worth on three checks for christmas presents....major pain in the rear gettin it taken care of.

JasperDog94
12-09-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
credit cards arnt so bad, but discover sends those traveler's checks that charge you acount. a few years ago someone went through my garbage and wrote about $800 worth on three checks for christmas presents....major pain in the rear gettin it taken care of. Never, ever, ever, never, ever just throw those things in the trash. always tear them up or invest in a cheap shreader. It's well worth the three seconds it takes to shread those documents. You know, I bet you can get one cheap. They're selling off Enron's stuff to pay for debt. I'm sure they'd be glad to sell you one...slightly used of course.:D

raider red 2000
12-09-2004, 02:41 PM
i got onefor christmas last year. it is pretty good...i can even use it for credit cards :)

spiveyrat
12-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Earlier this year, someone went on a shopping spree in France with my Credit Card Number.

JasperDog94
12-09-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Earlier this year, someone went on a shopping spree in France with my Credit Card Number. Did they buy you something nice?

PPHSfan
12-09-2004, 06:37 PM
Mine says "Just ring it up a$$hole" on it.

I have never had anyone question me.

spiveyrat
12-09-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Did they buy you something nice?

I don't remember. What I DO remember about it was that I was pretty peeved!