PDA

View Full Version : An Unknown Texas Star!!

Phil C
12-09-2004, 11:58 AM
Last night in the international women's soccer game between Mexico and the USA I noticed one of the young ladies on Mexico's team was Rebecca Mendosa who is from El Paso, Texas!!!!! How did the USA miss her. I noticed Mexico had another player from Los Angeles, CA on their team too. Plus one of them had just played for UCA who barely lost to Notre Dame for the NCAA National Championship (she really was from Mexico though). Soccer is very popular in Mexico. It is too bad the USA lost her but you can't blame her for playing where they want her.
The Women's Professional Soccer League folded after three years because they should have had more south border cities where the stadiums probalby would have been packed. Cities like El Paso, Laredo and Brownsville come to mind. They would not only have gotten folks from this side to come but also from across the border. Unfortunately they didn't consult the GodFather (who uses more common sense than made up statistical data) on this matter. The shame of it is that maybe 66 and myself could have gone to Laredo one time to see the Yacares play. :)

spiveyrat
12-09-2004, 12:12 PM
I just heard Mia Hamm has retired. I can't believe I "scooped" you!!! :D

spiveyrat
12-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Here's another scoop, Phil...

Soccer player loses finger (http://www.wftv.com/news/3982339/detail.html)

Stretch04
12-09-2004, 12:28 PM
All soccer in the USA needs to fold!!!

spiveyrat
12-09-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Stretch04
All soccer in the USA needs to fold!!!

Uh oh! Now you have to suffer the wrath of the Godfather!!! :eek:

Phil C
12-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Thank you SPI! I am not a fan of men's soccer but that man has courage indeed!

AP Panther Fan
12-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
I just heard Mia Hamm has retired. I can't believe I "scooped" you!!! :D

You must have missed Phil's thread yesterday! I think he had his popcorn in one hand and a tissue box in the other during the final game last night.:D

Junkyard
12-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Phil you are killing me with all these soccer threads!! :D

AP Panther Fan
12-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Here's another scoop, Phil...

Soccer player loses finger (http://www.wftv.com/news/3982339/detail.html)

Kinda gives a whole new meaning to excessive celebration :eek: :eek: :eek:

To heck with the fine, just help me find my finger!

Phil C
12-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
You must have missed Phil's thread yesterday! I think he had his popcorn in one hand and a tissue box in the other during the final game last night.:D

Yes it was a sad time but at the same time encouraging by watching the play of the younger players such as Ally Wamback, Alye Waggner, and Boxx. to name a few. The tourched has been passed on to capable hands and a promising new era.

spiveyrat
12-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

Yep, I must've missed it.