PDA

View Full Version : Jasper Vs Lh Final Score

89JDAWG
12-09-2004, 10:08 AM
OK thursday morning, time for my prediction! For 4 weeks I have been with in 5 points so lets see if the mojo holds true another week. 1st I think LH will score more points than any other playoff team has although some will be late and wont matter. Jasper is just to fast and speed kills!
halftime score= Jasper 20....LH 3
Final score= Jasper 39.....LH 17 Jasper advances to STATE
COMON DAWGS, YOU GOTTA LAUVE IT!!!!!!

southern_thunder
12-09-2004, 10:10 AM
Sounds good to me but I dont think LH will score that many.:D

Kool Tarpon 21
12-09-2004, 10:35 AM
Never underestimate your opponent. Liberty Hill has a good offense. GO GET THEM, PANTHERS!!! Peace up, A-Town down.

southern_thunder
12-09-2004, 10:36 AM
I am not underestimating anyone just being very confident in Jasper's bend but dont break Defense!!:D

Junkyard
12-09-2004, 10:40 AM
I agree Thunder, Jasper's Defense is playing great right now. I mean they are giving up some yards but not very many points. I dont see LH scoring more than 14 if that many.

spiveyrat
12-09-2004, 10:40 AM
I'm Lauving it!!! :D

Kool Tarpon 21
12-09-2004, 10:42 AM
They must have done something wrong when they lost to Kirbyville. I'm pretty sure Liberty Hill has been studying that film. Good luck though. Overconfidence is not that good either. Peace up, A-Town down.

AggieBob
12-09-2004, 10:42 AM
Tarpon knw what the LH offense is all about. He played against us with the almighty Seawall defense. We put up over 30 on them but still came up short against the "Missle" and the "Rocket"...It was a battle of the great running backs.:eek:

Junkyard
12-09-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Kool Tarpon 21
They must have done something wrong when they lost to Kirbyville. I'm pretty sure Liberty Hill has been studying that film. Good luck though. Overconfidence is not that good either. Peace up, A-Town down.

Dont think the Kville film will help much Jasper had 6 defensive starters not playing, and 5 offensive.

No excuses Kville thumped us but, Jasper is full strength now and it is a different team.

AggieBob
12-09-2004, 10:48 AM
sounds like when LH played Wimberly...All three of our runnign backs were injured that week in practice, but played hurt.

89JDAWG
12-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by southern_thunder
Sounds good to me but I dont think LH will score that many.:D

I think they will get 3 early and score twice in the 4th when the game is out of reach!!

Kool Tarpon 21
12-09-2004, 10:50 AM
I think you mean "Missile" and "Nitro." But yeah, we know about the Liberty Hill offense. They have a good offense. Their defense has been holding if they're where they're at. Good luck Panthers!!! Peace up, A-Town down.

AggieBob
12-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
I think they will get 3 early and score twice in the 4th when the game is out of reach!!

3 is very improbable, considering LH NEVER kicks field goals.

89JDAWG
12-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Our "D" better not bend to much. They do have a kicker, hence the 3 points early.

AggieBob
12-09-2004, 10:54 AM
Our "D" better not bend to much. They do have a kicker, hence the 3 points early.

They DO have a kicker but Coach Walker (the OC) would NEVER settle for a field goal.

89JDAWG
12-09-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by AggieBob
3 is very improbable, considering LH NEVER kicks field goals.
You mean you always go for it on 4th down? right? but the playoffs against Jasper are a little different you have to take points when you can get them.

AggieBob
12-09-2004, 10:59 AM
4th down, red zone, coach Walker is pissed because it has taken this many downs....and you know what he does?! Runs the ball of course, everytime, like clockwork. But hey! it works

southern_thunder
12-09-2004, 11:02 AM
4th down, red zone, coach Walker is pissed because it has taken this many downs....and you know what he does?! Runs the ball of course, everytime, like clockwork. But hey! it works

May not work this week!! But one thing for sure we will find out Saturday at 3!!!:D

LH Panther Mom

Hold on a sec. You know, as well as I do, that we've punted 5 or 6 times this year. :D

AggieBob
..but the playoffs against Jasper...

LOL! Those coaches at LH don't care if it is Jasper! lol.... They didi the same against the 02 and 03 Burnet teams. And those teams were much better than any Jasper team. And in those years LH was no where as good as they are now. C'mon on now you really think it matter that they are playing "jasper"lol....:rolleyes:

AggieBob
12-09-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Hold on a sec. You know, as well as I do, that we've punted 5 or 6 times this year. :D

5 or 6!?:eek: That many...wow?

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2004, 11:05 AM
Okay, maybe 6 was a little bit of an exaggeration. :p

Junkyard
12-09-2004, 11:06 AM
LOL! Those coaches at LH don't care if it is Jasper! lol.... They didi the same against the 02 and 03 Burnet teams. And those teams were much better than any Jasper team. And in those years LH was no where as good as they are now. C'mon on now you really think it matter that they are playing "jasper"lol....:rolleyes:

Nah it doesnt matter at all that they are playing Jasper!! In fact since they have been doing the same thing for so long I dont think they should prepare at all no need for practice this week just show up for the game and beat the lowly Bulldogs from Jasper.:D

j_dog
12-09-2004, 11:07 AM
If LH is relying on the Kirbyville film, then Jasper will win in a rout! :) I hope they study it hard! :D

AggieBob
12-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Junkyard
Nah it doesnt matter at all that they are playing Jasper!! In fact since they have been doing the same thing for so long I dont think they should prepare at all no need for practice this week just show up for the game and beat the lowly Bulldogs from Jasper.:D

Thats right! The offensive gameplan NEVER changes and still can't be stopped. WHat do you want to bet that the fist play is a hand off to #27 right up the middle?:thinking:

Jody
12-09-2004, 11:09 AM

Amen Brother! There is no way Jasper will hold LH to 3 points in the first half. There is also no way Jasper will beat LH.

jbulldawg
12-09-2004, 11:09 AM

Studing the Jasper/Kville game film is what LH needs to do... unless of course they would like to see what the 7 starters that were out are capable of... then they may want to choose another film....:wave:

Junkyard
12-09-2004, 11:12 AM
Thats right! The offensive gameplan NEVER changes and still can't be stopped. WHat do you want to bet that the fist play is a hand off to #27 right up the middle?:thinking:

Well I wont make that bet, because they will have to try to run up the middle because they will not have the speed to run outside on Jasper. That is not saying LH has no speed, I am just saying that no one has run out side on Jasper all year not even Marlin Jasper just has too much speed on D.

AggieBob
12-09-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by jbulldawg
Studing the Jasper/Kville game film is what LH needs to do... unless of course they would like to see what the 7 starters that were out are capable of... then they may want to choose another film....:wave:

I don't even know why they heck they would study this film considering they scout players individually and only watch tapes where the team is at full force. The are probably watching last weeks film, Yoe, and the last game of district. Yoe will help out alot since they almost and should have won that game.

Jody
12-09-2004, 11:14 AM
[i] Yoe will help out alot since they almost and should have won that game. [/B]

And another Amen Brother!

AggieBob
12-09-2004, 11:15 AM
Well I wont make that bet, because they will have to try to run up the middle because they will not have the speed to run outside on Jasper. That is not saying LH has no speed, I am just saying that no one has run out side on Jasper all year not even Marlin Jasper just has too much speed on D.

i wasn't even taking speed into consideration. Up the middle is just what they do! And it is no surprise that the main up the middle man has over 2000 yards rushing and about 45 TD's:clap:

Junkyard
12-09-2004, 11:15 AM
I don't even know why they heck they would study this film considering they scout players individually and only watch tapes where the team is at full force. The are probably watching last weeks film, Yoe, and the last game of district. Yoe will help out alot since they almost and should have won that game.

Yoe ran the spread offense I dont think that would help the LH coaches much in trying to figure out what the Jasper Defense will be in against a wing T offense.

j_dog
12-09-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Jody
Amen Brother! There is no way Jasper will hold LH to 3 points in the first half. There is also no way Jasper will beat LH.
That is the way to pile on the curse! Go Jody, go! :D

spiveyrat
12-09-2004, 11:35 AM

ANY Jasper team? Puh-leese! :rolleyes:

I'll bet you didn't play Burnet as close as Jasper did last year. In fact, I believe Burnet was behind in that game for the first time. And that Jasper team wasn't as strong as the '02 team. And that's just recent history. Shall we bring up the '80's?

PurpleHart
12-09-2004, 12:01 PM
All im gonna say is blue 200!!!

crimson blood
12-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Yoe ran the spread offense I dont think that would help the LH coaches much in trying to figure out what the Jasper Defense will be in against a wing T offense.

i think that the dog d has run the same defensive scheme all year, regardless the opponent's offense. they will adjust to how many times they bring the backers but i expect that they will stay home against a running team more than during a passing attack. also would expect that same amount of read defense from the front line.
bottom line... i expect the same play from jdogs and the same outcome. the real question will be will the lh d be able to stop the dogs more than the dogs stop the cats..

jmho

JasperDoGs
12-09-2004, 01:01 PM
Jasper 26 Liberty Hill 13

Hill Man
12-09-2004, 01:02 PM
When you get right down to it you really cannot say one team is better than each other at this point in the playoffs. You don't get 5 deep in Texas high school football playoffs by luck. Both teams have to be very good and LH and Jasper obviously are to make it this far. There are no common opponents to judge from and they both play a different game.

Jasper may be more athletic supposedly but LH has been there several times (according to the pundits) this season and has prevailed. Having three 2000 yd backs and 20 interceptions is not accomplished without some athletic ability.

I see no blowout here. I expect a defensive struggle with a few big plays for both sides. The difference will come from who controls the ball, doesn’t give up the ball, fewest penalties, 4th quarter stamina and most importantly at this point coaching and that edge I will give to LH.

LH – 28
Jasper - 20

05Dawg
12-09-2004, 01:29 PM
I pick Jasper by 2 TD's!!!!!!!:D

JasperDog94
12-09-2004, 01:34 PM
Thats right! The offensive gameplan NEVER changes and still can't be stopped. The same thing was said about Burnet last year.

Jody
12-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Liberty Hill fans, I have to appologize for my East Texas friends. You see, it's not al their fault. Their is di-methyl-chicken-fat in the East Texas pine cones. This time fo the year the squirls chew on the pine cones and release this toxic substance in the air. To help understand this phenominon better, I have listed the signs and symptoms of Di-Methyl-Chicken-Fat Exposure:

Signs
* Dressing in Marroon on Fridays and Saturdays
* Carrying bleacher seats near football stadiums
* Wrapping women and children in blankets while chanting
* Cars painted with shoe polish praising Dawgs
* Crying while driving East bound from College Station

Symptoms
* Having a misconception about how good thier football team is
* Thinking thier football team can beat Liberty Hill
* Uncontrollable sadness around 7:30 PM on 12-11-04
* having a fear of posting on 3ADOWNLOW on Sundays

If you see someone who exibits these signs and symptoms, please give them a bone for the bone yard. :D

spiveyrat
12-09-2004, 01:56 PM
lol

YBS
12-09-2004, 02:28 PM
If Yoe should've won that game then Green Bay should've beaten Philly last week, the Cowboys should've NEVER beaten Buffalo in the 95 Super Bowl, and A&M should've gone 4-8 again this year. AND I WENT TO A&M!

rhs78
12-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Jody
Liberty Hill fans, I have to appologize for my East Texas friends. You see, it's not al their fault. Their is di-methyl-chicken-fat in the East Texas pine cones. This time fo the year the squirls chew on the pine cones and release this toxic substance in the air. To help understand this phenominon better, I have listed the signs and symptoms of Di-Methyl-Chicken-Fat Exposure:

Signs
* Dressing in Marroon on Fridays and Saturdays
* Carrying bleacher seats near football stadiums
* Wrapping women and children in blankets while chanting
* Cars painted with shoe polish praising Dawgs
* Crying while driving East bound from College Station

Symptoms
* Having a misconception about how good thier football team is
* Thinking thier football team can beat Liberty Hill
* Uncontrollable sadness around 7:30 PM on 12-11-04
* having a fear of posting on 3ADOWNLOW on Sundays

If you see someone who exibits these signs and symptoms, please give them a bone for the bone yard. :D

Outstanding JODY what a mind!!!!! LOL

Junkyard
12-09-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by crimson blood
i think that the dog d has run the same defensive scheme all year, regardless the opponent's offense. they will adjust to how many times they bring the backers but i expect that they will stay home against a running team more than during a passing attack. also would expect that same amount of read defense from the front line.
bottom line... i expect the same play from jdogs and the same outcome. the real question will be will the lh d be able to stop the dogs more than the dogs stop the cats..

jmho

Yes Jasper runs a 4-3 defense every week but no it is not the same scheme every week. Every one knows that you can not line up and play a wing T running offense with the same scheme and philosophy as you would a shotgun spread passing attack.

Hupernikomen
12-09-2004, 03:31 PM

No doubt the 02 and 03 burnet teams were very good...however, I don't think winning on the last drive qualifies as way better as you suggest. Burnet was better last year no arguments here. In 02 however I think we were every bit as good as Burnet and most will tell you that we have the better "talent". You better be thankful you aren't playing the 02 jasper defense or you guys would be putting up a goose egg saturday. Come to think of it this group is pretty dern good you will see saturday. Not the stars of 02 but capable of making the semis again for the 3rd straight year. Not too many teams that you can say are MUCH BETTER than that.

Question: How many teams in 3A have been 4 rounds deep for 4 straight years? I know of at least 1. :D

Junkyard
12-09-2004, 03:36 PM
You are right Hup!! Jasper will be playing their 57th game in just 4 years. That says something for the program!!!

JasperDog94
12-09-2004, 03:40 PM
You are right Hup!! Jasper will be playing their 57th game in just 4 years. That says something for the program!!! Wow! I didn't think of it that way. That's pretty impressive.

Junkyard
12-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Yea just think of all the extra practice time some of these kids have gotten when you play this many games a year. Patton and Gilder were both brought up for the playoffs as freshmen so they each have all 57 of those games under their belt.

Now all we need is the state title!!!:D

NSUTrumpet08
12-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Hopefully it will all pay off in the end...

Jody
12-09-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Wow! I didn't think of it that way. That's pretty impressive.

If you can stand the wait, #58 will come in 2005.;)

Bulldog_12
12-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Not the stars of 02 but capable of making the semis again for the 3rd straight year.
Thats true Hupe, but they aren't the "stars" like from '02, but rather a TEAM that is very capable of the semis and then state this year.

Jody
12-09-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Thats true Hupe, but they aren't the "stars" like from '02, but rather a TEAM that is very capable of the semis and then state this year.

How many return players is Jasper getting back next year? They should have a very strong team next year if they have a good return. I am almost certain BH will have to face them next year, assuming we stay healthy.

See, I have till then to get rid of this tag line Hup gave me...:D

Watch that di-methyl-chicken-fat guys!

Hill Man
12-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Two of the 2000 yd rushers will be back for LH.

Just reload and go...

Hupernikomen
12-09-2004, 04:55 PM
Jasper is losing 20+ seniors by my count at the Silsbee game. I think I counted where they have 3-4 o/d starters returning...but since then they have moved some new kids up and one of them is a freshman who has been starting since the playoffs began. He made two huge tackles in the Cameron game for loses and one of them was the next to last play of the last drive by Cameron...so it really isn't important so much how many are coming back it is more important as to how good the freshman and jv were...THEY WERE VERY GOOD. Moye, Bronson (4?), Adams, Weatherspoon, (I know are more besides these) are 4 I know that will return..I think it is safe to say you can build a solid team around them.

Jody
12-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Jasper is losing 20+ seniors by my count at the Silsbee game. I think I counted where they have 3-4 o/d starters returning...but since then they have moved some new kids up and one of them is a freshman who has been starting since the playoffs began. He made two huge tackles in the Cameron game for loses and one of them was the next to last play of the last drive by Cameron...so it really isn't important so much how many are coming back it is more important as to how good the freshman and jv were...THEY WERE VERY GOOD. Moye, Bronson (4?), Adams, Weatherspoon, (I know are more besides these) are 4 I know that will return..I think it is safe to say you can build a solid team around them.

I really beleive BH and Jasper might find their way to the same field next year. Sounds like both teams are pretty much in the same boat with the younger talent coming up. I have high expectations for them next year, just hope we stay healthy in 2005. It killed us in 2004.

See you in Snook my friend and good luck!