PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Anyone?

neck_06
12-08-2004, 11:47 PM
Just wondering how all the basketball teams are doing. (since not many are playing football anymore)

rattlerbb01
12-09-2004, 02:43 AM
navasota girls basketball is simply awesome. not to take away form the other teams in 20-3a, but i am gonna have to go out on a limb at say that i think our jv could suit up and replace the varisty and still win district. that is a far cry from the disappointment of seasons past. the varsity is 16-0, jv is 10-1 with the only loss to 5a tomball, and freshmen are 8-3. boys side is still good, but just not as outstanding. i think the boys varsity are 5-2? maybe. I believe that the tournament in the valley maybe the only obstacle on the girls way to an undefeated season. find out after the 30th i guess.

Jody
12-09-2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by rattlerbb01
navasota girls basketball is simply awesome. not to take away form the other teams in 20-3a, but i am gonna have to go out on a limb at say that i think our jv could suit up and replace the varisty and still win district. that is a far cry from the disappointment of seasons past. the varsity is 16-0, jv is 10-1 with the only loss to 5a tomball, and freshmen are 8-3. boys side is still good, but just not as outstanding. i think the boys varsity are 5-2? maybe. I believe that the tournament in the valley maybe the only obstacle on the girls way to an undefeated season. find out after the 30th i guess.

Jasper will be doing better after Saturday, as they will have more time to work on ther BB game.....:D Working on that Jinx Jasper.......:D

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Jody
Jasper will be doing better after Saturday, as they will have more time to work on ther BB game.....:D Working on that Jinx Jasper.......:D

So, I'm curious. If Liberty Hill wins, does that mean there never was a curse or that it backfired? :thinking:

Jody
12-09-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
So, I'm curious. If Liberty Hill wins, does that mean there never was a curse or that it backfired? :thinking:

I still say there is no curse. Here is why:

Jasper has been very lucky thus far. Problem with Jasper is they have not played anyone like Liberty Hill. Cameron Yoe should have beat them by 2 or 3 touchdowns, but CY just seemed to be destine to throw the ball away every chance they got. Even with all the turnovers, CY still had a chance to win the game with a little over a minute left. Penalties and turnovers killed CY, not Jasper. If you recall, Kirbyville beat Jasper with no trouble at all.

Palestine beat the fire out of Huffman, which was some suprise, but Huffman was no great team. Huffman just made a name for themself by beating a VERY over-rated WOS team. Huffman also got beat by Liberty. The only other Huffman win that really amounted to anything was them beating BH. BH was so banged up by that game, that win really had no credit towards their ability to beat a good team.

If it were not for injuries, BH would be playing LH Saturday, but even then LH is a MUCH better team than anyone in east Texas. LH will be state champs in a few weeks....no worries about a curse.

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Don't worry, Jody, the only curse us LH folks believe in is the Curse of Matador Stadium in Seguin. :eek: :D

Jody
12-09-2004, 09:17 AM
Don't worry, Jody, the only curse us LH folks believe in is the Curse of Matador Stadium in Seguin. :eek: :D

Don't feel bad. BH has a stadium curse of it's own. Every time we play in a stadium that is dug-out into a sunken stadium, we loose. SHSU & Bryan are two of those.

By the way, I hope not to sound like Jasper is not a good team, because they are. If they don't loose a lot of starters this year, next year will be one heck of a team. I suspect we will play them next year in the playoffs. BH has a really good bunch of kids coming back next year, which should work out fine if our OC pulls his head out of the crack and someone on the team steps up as a leader. WOS is no longer a playoff factor.

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Shoot - I know Jasper has a good team. Outside of the Wimberley game with all 3 RB's backs injured, this will be the toughest team we've played since Burnet.

Jody
12-09-2004, 09:24 AM
Shoot - I know Jasper has a good team. Outside of the Wimberley game with all 3 RB's backs injured, this will be the toughest team we've played since Burnet.

Boy that 2003 Burnet team was something else. Watch that Jasper QB. He is going to be something special. He can run and throw the ball very well. If you all contain him on D, I just don't see their D stopping your running backs. What is LH's passing game like?

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Jody
What is LH's passing game like?

Passing yards to date are rougly 9% of the total (7338) offensive yards. We have a couple of receivers with great hands & our QB has an arm.