PDA

View Full Version : Best 3a WR

Astrosdawg07
12-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Who is the best 3A WR in the state? I may be a homer but I have to go w/ DeKendrick Gilder of Jasper!!! He may not have the size but he has amazing hands!!!

Bellville22
12-08-2004, 09:41 PM
Manuel Johnson, even though I think he's playing QB this year.

Gobbler Fan
12-08-2004, 09:50 PM
.....It just depends on the offense the best reciever doesnt nescesarily mean who has the most yards or receptions imo.

A team that throw's 60-70% of the time SHOULD have a reciever that has high yardage and receptions IE. Decatur

mustang04
12-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
.....It just depends on the offense the best reciever doesnt nescesarily mean who has the most yards or receptions imo.

A team that throw's 60-70% of the time SHOULD have a reciever that has high yardage and receptions IE. Decatur

EXACTLY...like Jordan Shipley....if he woulda stayed in rotan, he woulda been nothing...if he woulda moved to sweetwater, he wouldnt have been that big of deal, cuz we are a running team...it all depends on the team on who has the most receptions...who knows, maybe the best receiver in the state is on some option-based 1a team

Chris Hart
12-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
EXACTLY...like Jordan Shipley....if he woulda stayed in rotan, he woulda been nothing...if he woulda moved to sweetwater, he wouldnt have been that big of deal, cuz we are a running team...it all depends on the team on who has the most receptions...who knows, maybe the best receiver in the state is on some option-based 1a team LOL, too funny!:clap:

PPHSfan
12-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Manual Johnson (Best)

The Christian Kid from Decatur is good too.

Finley from Diboll

Cunigan from Wills Point is pretty good, but he had nobody to throw it to him this year.

Dallas Madison had a fast one.

wildstangs
12-08-2004, 10:52 PM
I gotta disagree with you Mustang. Shipley would have been a player at any school. In Rotan his freshman year I remember him returning 3 or 4 punts in one game, kicking the extra points, and intercepting a few balls.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-08-2004, 11:00 PM
EXACTLY...like Jordan Shipley....if he woulda stayed in rotan, he woulda been nothing...if he woulda moved to sweetwater, he wouldnt have been that big of deal, cuz we are a running team...it all depends on the team on who has the most receptions...who knows, maybe the best receiver in the state is on some option-based 1a team

so...shipley...he wasnt always at Burnet?.....or are we talking about the same Jordan Shipley.

PPHSfan
12-08-2004, 11:01 PM

Saying Jordan Shipley would have been nothing is a joke. Shipley could play any skill position on the field and go to a D1 school.

mustang04
12-08-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
so...shipley...he wasnt always at Burnet?.....or are we talking about the same Jordan Shipley.

nah...he was in Rotan before Burnet

wildstangs, dont get me wrong he woulda been good, but not AS big of deal...now say what if he was on southlake carrols team...that'd made him look even better

wildstangs
12-08-2004, 11:05 PM
I get what you are saying. I dont think he would have been a great receiver for an option based team, but he would have been worked in at some other position. He was just that good.

mustang04
12-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I get what you are saying. I dont think he would have been a great receiver for an option based team, but he would have been worked in at some other position. He was just that good.

yeah..he woulda made a good tailback i think

Astrosdawg07
12-08-2004, 11:22 PM
yeah..he woulda made a good tailback i think

In other words he was just a great all around athlete. Thank go he is at UT!!!!!!HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!:inlove:

JHS_c/o_06'
12-08-2004, 11:33 PM
poor guy tore his ACL the second day of practice i think. But that guy was the real deal, i saw him play at the all army or all state game...whatever it was...and he was making light of the corners.

mustang04
12-08-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by AChesnut
In other words he was just a great all around athlete. Thank go he is at UT!!!!!!HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!:inlove:

yeah..he was gonna be starting