PDA

View Full Version : PI vs Falfurias

TarponR13K
09-13-2002, 10:36 PM
Hey guys, you guys played great. I had to leave during third quarter and I won't be back until Sunday so let me know how things go!

Kool Tarpon 21
09-14-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by TarponR13K:
Hey guys, you guys played great. I had to leave during third quarter and I won't be back until Sunday so let me know how things go!

Well, we had great practices all week and it paid off. You saw that we were winning. We won 34-6. We scored on the second play of the game. I liked that TD. Joey scored three times and Johnny scored twice. They scored with 40 seconds left on the fourth quarter. That's when the coaches put 2nd string players. We would have had a shut out, but we still won. We still made mistakes, but nott that many. Falfurrias were playing dirty though. They were trying to make our players get kicked out or something. It almost worked. One of theur receivers, #27, started to talk trash to me. He started to push me. I wasn't gonna take his BS. The ref just warned us. I know I shouldn't have done that, but it got me mad. Well, we won and the next step is Los Fresnos. They already started to do stuff to us. They did graffiti on our baseball stadium. We are going to practice very hard and try to beat them. Hopefully, we won't repeat last year. Well, hope to see you all there.

TarponR13K
09-15-2002, 01:23 PM
Thanks Missile. Sorry I couldn't stay to see the whole game, I went to go see Henderson State vs. SFA. Ok so I really went to see my sister in the band but the game was pretty entertaining as well. I think it was like 55-7 SFA coming out on top and they didn't even have their 1st string QB.
I got a hold of a newspaper around Refugio and luckily...the only valley score they had in there was you guys so I really didn't have to wait too long to find out how you did. I'm sorry to hear they were playing dirty. Maybe they just don't handle losing too well.

At the college game i went to saturday night, the football coach conducted their fight song and according to my sister, he does that at everygame. interesting...

Anyway, good luck against Los Fresnos, I'm sure you'll have the whole school's and the whole town's support.

sinton66
09-15-2002, 01:29 PM
Good luck Tarpons! Stay focused and take care of business.

eye of the tiger
09-15-2002, 02:31 PM
Because of all the good posters from PI, I have become a long distance fan. So good luck in the rest of your games.

TarponR13K
09-15-2002, 02:41 PM
good posters? interesting. Hey, I notice you're from FW, do you know anything about Haltom City?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-15-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by eye of the tiger:
Because of all the good posters from PI, I have become a long distance fan. So good luck in the rest of your games.

You should try going to one of their games in person sometime. Experience a little Port Isabel/South Padre Island hospitality.