PDA

View Full Version : How's this for strength of schedule

nutcrackin
12-08-2004, 03:06 PM
i don't believe "strength of schedule" guru figured in only 3 home games for Gilmer or give a higher rating for playing 2 4A teams and shalacking them by a combined score of 111 - 24. Those being Paris and Longview Pine Tree. So if you figure the that of the 14 wins 11 have been on the road i would say that has to count for alot more than Snyder losing to the only 4A team that they played.

scrub c
12-08-2004, 03:07 PM
only 3 home games?????

what happened?

nutcrackin
12-08-2004, 03:09 PM
it's called Battle Tested!! and Hardened... both 4A's were on the road also.

Hupernikomen
12-08-2004, 03:09 PM
what's your point? I haven't seen a site yet that doesn't give Gilmer the edge? What do want to be a 40 point favorite in this one? The bigger underdog you make Snyder the more pissed they will become. If football was played on paper this one will be a laugher! But so should the Decatur game have been when they lost...

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by nutcrackin
i don't believe "strength of schedule" guru figured in only 3 home games for Gilmer or give a higher rating for playing 2 4A teams and shalacking them by a combined score of 111 - 24. Those being Paris and Longview Pine Tree. So if you figure the that of the 14 wins 11 have been on the road i would say that has to count for alot more than Snyder losing to the only 4A team that they played.

Strength of schedule also takes into consideration the overall records of opponents. Longview Pine Tree was 1-9 on the season, Paris was 3-7. San Angelo Lake View, Snyder's 4A opponent, was 6-5. Sorry, but your point doesn't hold any water.

nutcrackin
12-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Decatur doesn't have the athletes that Gilmer has.... and i promise that Chandler Dane ain't no Manuel Johnson.... ladies and gentleman... superman will be on display at 7:30 pm on Sat. night for all to see. we fans in East Tx. just call him MJ.

Hupernikomen
12-08-2004, 03:15 PM
Nobody has the athlete's that Gilmer has right??

nutcrackin
12-08-2004, 03:15 PM
you might want to check pine tree's district out again.... try Kilgore, Marshall, jacksonville and Hallsville out....the toughest district in the state by far. marshall will play at 4 pm before the Buckeyes and Kilgore is undefeated in 4A and the favorite to win it. food for thought......kilgore 42 pine tree 7..... gilmer 48 pine tree 7.....with 8 minutes to go gilmer pulled all starters with the score 42-0 and our sophmore q-back and backups played the rest of the way for a 7-7 score..... i hope your team is as confident as you..

nutcrackin
12-08-2004, 03:19 PM
You see the difference in Gilmer and Decatur right? we could have scored over 60 ( as we did against Tatum a top 10 school ) over 6 times this year but we called the dogs off usually around the start of the 4th quarter....

D-GOOD
12-08-2004, 03:21 PM
hey nutcrackin, you might want to check your facts. Snyder did lose to Lake View. But that was not the only 4a team they played. They beat Andrews who was co district champs with lake view and they beat Lubbock Estacado both 4a schools. How many teams did Gilmer play that made the playoffs? Of the 10 games Snyder played 7 made the playoffs. Hows that for strenghth of schedule?

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2004, 03:23 PM
you might want to check pine tree's district out again.... try Kilgore, Marshall, jacksonville and Hallsville out....the toughest district in the state by far. marshall will play at 4 pm before the Buckeyes and Kilgore is undefeated in 4A and the favorite to win it. food for thought......kilgore 42 pine tree 7..... gilmer 48 pine tree 7.....with 8 minutes to go gilmer pulled all starters with the score 42-0 and our sophmore q-back and backups played the rest of the way for a 7-7 score..... i hope your team is as confident as you..

The only team that Gilmer played from 17-4A was Pine Tree. That team was 1-9, their only win was against 4-7 Gladewater.

Did you attend the Kilgore/Pine Tree game? Do you know for a fact that they did not pull their starters?

I'm not trying to debate with you, but when you try to use a 1-9 team in your strength of schedule theory, it needs to be pointed out that it's invalid.

As far as my team......I don't have one playing against you this week.

Black_Magic
12-08-2004, 03:24 PM
i don't believe "strength of schedule" guru figured in only 3 home games for Gilmer or give a higher rating for playing 2 4A teams and shalacking them by a combined score of 111 - 24. Those being Paris and Longview Pine Tree. So if you figure the that of the 14 wins 11 have been on the road i would say that has to count for alot more than Snyder losing to the only 4A team that they played. Its amaizing that these folks will spout off about something they dont know about. Snyder Played 3 4A teams this year. If its ok Snyder will take the field saturday and Dare to attempt to come out with a win. The Arrogance from these folks is stagering or am I the only one to see it?:rolleyes:

nutcrackin
12-08-2004, 03:24 PM
you are correct sir but where did they make the playoffs at??? we will see which Region has what it takes i guess. Region 1 4A is traditionally weak but especially this year..

spiveyrat
12-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Strength of schedule also takes into consideration the overall records of opponents. Longview Pine Tree was 1-9 on the season, Paris was 3-7. San Angelo Lake View, Snyder's 4A opponent, was 6-5. Sorry, but your point doesn't hold any water.

Exactly what I was wondering... Why haven't I heard of these teams? Now I see why... with records like that, they didn't draw any attention to themselves. Jasper beat the pants off Central this year. But so what? We weren't the only ones who did that.

Hupernikomen
12-08-2004, 03:31 PM
this gilmer team is good but the dogs of two years ago were much better and we last in the semifinals...don't running off to snyder thinking you are invincible based on this years scores...we hadn't been scored on that year in the playoffs and got it handed to us....6 of those guys are now playing in college 4 of them at
D-I schools. On any given friday you can be beat especially in the semi-finals of the state playoffs...I am done with this one.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-08-2004, 03:33 PM
you are correct sir but where did they make the playoffs at??? we will see which Region has what it takes i guess. Region 1 4A is traditionally weak but especially this year..

Rider was beat by 5 last week by Aledo. They were a very good team out of Region I.

spiveyrat
12-08-2004, 03:35 PM

Just because a team struggles in a tough district, that doesn't necessarily make them a good team. It might just mean that they flat out suck.

rhs78
12-08-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
this gilmer team is good but the dogs of two years ago were much better and we last in the semifinals...don't running off to snyder thinking you are invincible based on this years scores...we hadn't been scored on that year in the playoffs and got it handed to us....6 of those guys are now playing in college 4 of them at
D-I schools. On any given friday you can be beat especially in the semi-finals of the state playoffs...I am done with this one.

on any given day the best can lose to a inferrior team. At this point of the year both teams are deserving and the best team that day wins !!!! stats and schedules are out the door,they mean nothing, players win the game. over and out