PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny Job

Johnny Utah
12-08-2004, 12:20 PM
Any news on who might be the one!!!

TigerShark
12-08-2004, 01:01 PM
I would like to know as well.
I saw on another site "TOC" (I don't know if I'm aloud to mention another site), that Allen Weddell "sp" may have taken the Humble job. If so, that takes his name out of the hat.

Not 3A but news, I also heard that after the season is over there is a chance, (slim but still a chance) that John Outlaw could be the next Central Arkansas coach.

Outlaw is now the leader at Lufkin.

Cisco
12-09-2004, 01:46 PM
The word around town is that all of you that have applied have waisted your time. The posting and application process is just a dog a pony show to allow the ex-head football coach Tommy Z to make up his mind if he wanted his old job back. He is presently the HS principal and has a son that will be a sophomore next year (QB) and he wants to coach his kid. The truth be known folks his name is on the top of a very short list. Interview if you want, I am telling you it is a waist of your time.

You can apply for the principals job, but the AD & head football job is filled.

Jody
12-09-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Cisco
The word around town is that all of you that have applied have waisted your time. The posting and application process is just a dog a pony show to allow the ex-head football coach Tommy Z to make up his mind if he wanted his old job back. He is presently the HS principal and has a son that will be a sophomore next year (QB) and he wants to coach his kid. The truth be known folks his name is on the top of a very short list. Interview if you want, I am telling you it is a waist of your time.

You can apply for the principals job, but the AD & head football job is filled.

You can have Price and Skidmore from BH. It will take both to equal 1/2 a coach.

scrub c
12-09-2004, 02:06 PM
?? for cisco

how long till TZ can get them turned back into the "powerhouse" they were in the 90's ?

Will the community get up in arms and run him out of town on a rail like they did the other one if he does not win.
I mean the thing I worry about for the man is, He left some pretty big shoes to fill when he walked away last time.

Can he live up to all the hype that surrounds him?????????????????

Cisco
12-09-2004, 02:44 PM
I guess only time will tell. I do know one thing Columbia is not the doormat it once was the last time he coached. There will not be anymore 50-0 blowouts with Sweeny on top. It may be a blow out next year, but Columbia will be on top.

Jody
12-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Cisco
I guess only time will tell. I do know one thing Columbia is not the doormat it once was the last time he coached. There will not be anymore 50-0 blowouts with Sweeny on top. It may be a blow out next year, but Columbia will be on top.

WC is definately a good football team. I was very impressed by them this year when BH played them. That was one of the best football games I have seen in a while.