PDA

View Full Version : Question for the "non-ignorant" people.

PPHSfan
12-08-2004, 10:24 AM
If you have four regions in football, and eight districts in each region, and one district rules the region but then individually gets hammered when they face teams from other regions, how are they the toughest district in the state?

Is it possible to be in the toughest district in the region, and still not be in the toughest district in the state?

Is it possible that a couple of real strong regions could make all of it's districts look "average" because they kill each other, but when they send their reps to battle the "toughest" districts they have a chance to win?

Would it be a stretch to say that folks should wait until the whole dance is over before they determine which "district" was the toughest beyond it's own borders?

Will the eight track ever make a comeback like the vinyl album?

Will Jason beat me in an arm wrestling match at Georges this Friday?

Us "Ignorant" folks need the answers to these important questions.

Please help.

southern_thunder
12-08-2004, 10:27 AM
For the non-ignorant? HMM leaves most of us out!!! :D

jason
12-08-2004, 10:29 AM
1. they're not
2. yes
3. sure...as long as they're not TOO banged up
4. yes...keep your mouth shut until its all over...
5. no, you're old - get over it :D
6. oh, its on like donkey kong :D

PPHSfan
12-08-2004, 10:32 AM
I will arm wrestle you at George's but only for charity.

The loser has to open the bidding on the T-shirt at one hundred bucks.

pirate4state
12-08-2004, 10:36 AM
1. don't know, how?
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes - you can't keep ppl from starting dumb threads. :rolleyes:
5. No, but my mom would be happy if they did! :)
6. 50/50 chance :D

:nerd:

jason
12-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

The loser has to open the bidding on the T-shirt at one hundred bucks. i have $7

...i dont make bets i wont/cant follow through on if i lose...

PPHSfan
12-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by jason
i have $7

...i dont make bets i wont/cant follow through on if i lose...

HEHEHE

AP Panther Fan
12-08-2004, 10:55 AM
[i]i dont make bets i wont/cant follow through on if i lose... [/B]

mmmmm, sounds like a dig to me:D

Black_Magic
12-08-2004, 11:10 AM
If you have four regions in football, and eight districts in each region, and one district rules the region but then individually gets hammered when they face teams from other regions, how are they the toughest district in the state?

Is it possible to be in the toughest district in the region, and still not be in the toughest district in the state?

Is it possible that a couple of real strong regions could make all of it's districts look "average" because they kill each other, but when they send their reps to battle the "toughest" districts they have a chance to win?

Would it be a stretch to say that folks should wait until the whole dance is over before they determine which "district" was the toughest beyond it's own borders?

Please help. Yes! they are the toughest in the state because they have one of the teams go to the big game and two others go to the quarter finals. any other districts do that? NO

Yes it posible for you to have the tuff district in each region not be the best in the state... right now its clear that region 1 has the best overall district in district 4. tx power raitings says they have had the toughest schedules compaired to the rest and they have 2 of the remaining 6 3A teams left.

Sure its possible for teams to beat a rep from the "toughest" district. they just have to score more points.

No it would not be a stretch to say wait and see. BUT we have already seen! last week there were 12 teams in it and 3 were from district 4. This week there are 6 teams left and 2 are from district 4. the proof in there I believe.

District 4 has been playing out of its boarders for 4-5 weeks now and is still undefeated with the sole exception of Sweetwater loss to Snyder. BUT then again a district foe so it suports the claim even more.

8 tracks are dead and gone for ever

Dont know the answer to the last one.

mustang04
12-08-2004, 11:28 AM

Please help.

i honestly see ur point of view...but i mean....did u look at predistrict? Abilene Wylie has already proved you wrong by being in the State Championship, that means they beat a D1 reg 2 team...wait a minute...but they only shared the district championship w/ snyder and sweetwater...now why is that???:thinking: :thinking: :rolleyes:

PPHSfan
12-08-2004, 11:33 AM
So if there was a three way tie for the district and let's say Gilmer beats snyder by four touchdowns, then what would that say about the district as a whole?

Have you thought about THAT side of the coin?

mustang04
12-08-2004, 11:38 AM
So if there was a three way tie for the district and let's say Gilmer beats snyder by four touchdowns, then what would that say about the district as a whole?

Have you thought about THAT side of the coin?

it would mean that the whole Div. 2 was unlucky to have a team that is that good playing w/ them

i looked at that side of the coin, and i really dont doubt gilmers talent

so see..theres 2 sides of the coin...why cant u just let West Texas be proud of their district 4-3A?? hehe

besides..its still an accomplishment for any district to do what they have done

Hupernikomen
12-08-2004, 11:38 AM
Good deduction there PPHS.

Now Garrison, San Augustine and Hemphill formed the toughest district last year in 2A. Garrison and San Augustine both won state titles and Garrison knocked out Hemphill in the regional finals.

mustang04
12-08-2004, 11:40 AM
oh yeah....Gilmers not going to win by 4 touchdowns.....sry aint happenin

PPHSfan
12-08-2004, 11:42 AM
And if and when Snyder and Wylie both win a state championship I will say that District 4 was the toughest in the state. But until that happens they are just victims of the lucky draws.

PPHSfan
12-08-2004, 11:45 AM
By the way. The whole point of the thread is that anyone who claims one district the toughest before the fat lady sings is not open minded enough to believe that it just might not be true.

I may be "ignorant" which by definition means that I am uninformed, but I do know that there are still a couple of games that could shoot that theory to hades.

mustang04
12-08-2004, 11:45 AM
And if and when Snyder and Wylie both win a state championship I will say that District 4 was the toughest in the state. But until that happens they are just victims of the lucky draws.

lucky draws???

2 from the same district how conveniently lucky

PPHSfan
12-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
lucky draws???

2 from the same district how conveniently lucky

Being the best three out of 8 does not automatically make you the best 3 out of 32. I guess I need to give you a math lesson.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Being the best three out of 8 does not automatically make you the best 3 out of 32. I guess I need to give you a math lesson.

PPHS Fan:

You are now infomed so I won't have to refer to you as Ignorant. Now just wrong.

Let me ask you this? How many other schools from Gilmer's district are still in the playoffs? Or from any district in the state of Texas in 3A ball. How many still have two teams in it? Just answer the question....

PPHSfan
12-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
PPHS Fan:

You are now infomed so I won't have to refer to you as Ignorant. Now just wrong.

Let me ask you this? How many other schools from Gilmer's district are still in the playoffs? Or from any district in the state of Texas in 3A ball. How many still have two teams in it? Just answer the question....

None.

But that does not mean anything. The state championship race is a tournament. And that tournament is played by three reps from each distict, not the best 96 teams in the state.

Jody
12-08-2004, 12:05 PM
I would reply with great knowledge and foresight, but everyone knows I am ignorant. :D

jason
12-08-2004, 12:06 PM
there only been one game played (in the playoffs) by a dist 4 team OUTSIDE of region 1 and that was last week when wylie beat Royse City....what will be said after this week IF both dist 4 teams lose, and possibly lose BIG, to teams outside of Region 1 ??

Black_Magic
12-08-2004, 12:26 PM
None.

But that does not mean anything. The state championship race is a tournament. And that tournament is played by three reps from each distict, not the best 96 teams in the state.
So, PPHSfan let me get this straight. In your book for a district to be considered the toughest they must win the big show???? your saying that strength of schedule and how well district teams do in the playoffs is not as important as if ONE teams success? Guess we will agree to disagree. I personaly believe it has already peen proven. Not only last week but the week before.

jason
12-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
So, PPHSfan let me get this straight. In your book for a district to be considered the toughest they must win the big show???? your saying that strength of schedule and how well district teams do in the playoffs is not as important as if ONE teams success? Guess we will agree to disagree. I personaly believe it has already peen proven. Not only last week but the week before. the only thing is, theyve yet to play anybody (in the playoffs and except from royse city) from outside the, uhm, less competitive region 1...everybody knows all the real talent is predominantly in region 2 and east texas, and on occasion a central or south texas team...

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by jason
the only thing is, theyve yet to play anybody (in the playoffs and except from royse city) from outside the, uhm, less competitive region 1...everybody knows all the real talent is predominantly in region 2 and east texas, and on occasion a central or south texas team...

Wrong. That is all I can say. Just like Black_Magic said we dissagree.

jason
12-09-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Wrong. That is all I can say. Just like Black_Magic said we dissagree. that'll work ... go texas lol ... :)