PDA

View Full Version : Any rumors on coaching changes yet?

VWG
11-27-2002, 01:42 PM
I know that 4A Alvarado is looking for a new head coach.
Any other changes coming down the pipe that anyone has heard of?

mindy
11-27-2002, 06:31 PM
All of us here in Giddings hopes there is an opening in Giddings real soon, could be a great job :p :p

tog
11-28-2002, 06:10 PM
mindy you are a loser, giddings was way way down on talent this year, for you to blame their season on the coach is just plain ignorant,, i saw the difference between last years team and this years,, it's called players, no wonder why ivey left,,,

gochargers!!
11-29-2002, 07:49 AM
YEAH....what he said.

bearcat1
11-29-2002, 04:12 PM
mindy:
All of us here in Giddings hopes there is an opening in Giddings real soon, could be a great job :p :p Well I don't know which position the coach played so I will just take a stab in the dark here. How many fumbles did the coach have? Did he throw too many incomplete passes, or was it that he just couldn't block anybody.......
bc

mindy
11-29-2002, 06:19 PM
no the coach probably didn't play, but if dodgeball ever becomes a UIL sport they will probably have a chance to play for the state championship :D :D :D :D The giddings fans have the right to gripe,do whats right for the kids of giddings wink wink wink

nigelmer
11-29-2002, 07:46 PM
But doesn't everybody KNOW??? It's ALWAYS the coaches fault if the team doesn't win!!! Athletes have NOTHING to do with it....blown assignments on the field have NOTHING to do with it...it's always the coach....that's right...we didn't win the state title...SO LET'S FIRE HIM!!!

(I certainly hope sarcasm was sensed in this)

INOUNVME
11-29-2002, 07:59 PM
TOG, I actually agree with you on the fact that the talent level was not what it was last year. Change can do some things also. It took a while for the Buffs to come together. I think this is because it takes time for players and coaches to find the right chemistry. Seemed to me that things started going better late in the season. Good job on the part of all.

BUT, I have a question for you. Lets say that Coach Ivey had stayed in Giddings (same team that you mentioned was less talented), how would your team have done against that team? Remember, the kids would not have had to learn a new system. I take Giddings by 20. Any objections?