PDA

View Full Version : Best Christmas Movies....

mustang04
12-07-2004, 12:53 PM
ok..... tell me what u like to watch for the Holidays..heres my list:

in no particular order

1) A Christmas Story
2) National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
3)Home Alone
4)Its a Wonderful Life
and
5)Scrooged (the one w/ Bill Murray)

onfirebball05mustang
12-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Home Alone!
That or The Snowman (bet nobody's heard of that one! lol)

AP Panther Fan
12-07-2004, 01:05 PM
Home Alone (both versions)
Jack Frost

Good thread:thumbsup:

SintonFan
12-07-2004, 01:08 PM
A Christmas Story.
The quintessential tongue stuck to post movie.;)

SwtwtrMstngs04
12-07-2004, 01:22 PM
ELF!

LH Panther Mom
12-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
A Christmas Story.
The quintessential tongue stuck to post movie.;)

ROFL! One of the boys got my husband a shirt with that on it last year for Christmas! I love this movie.

LH Panther Mom
12-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
ok..... tell me what u like to watch for the Holidays..heres my list:

in no particular order

1) A Christmas Story
2) National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
3)Home Alone
4)Its a Wonderful Life
and
5)Scrooged (the one w/ Bill Murray)

These are all great choices. I do need to add The Santa Clause.

SintonFan
12-07-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
ROFL! One of the boys got my husband a shirt with that on it last year for Christmas! I love this movie.
We watch this movie every year and even my kids start tearing up from laughing so much.

pirate44
12-07-2004, 02:13 PM
1.It's a wonderful life <--my vote for greatest movie of all time
2. Rudolph the red nosed reindeer
3. A Christmas Story
4. Christmas vacation
5. miracle on 34th street (1947)

CHS_CG
12-07-2004, 02:32 PM
These are all great choices. I do need to add The Santa Clause.

I am watchin the Santa Clause 2... i love Chet.. hes just a baby lol!

I have to say.. I cant stand a Christmas story any more.. its ok soo much during the month of dec. It starts to get annoying. It is really annoying when you walk into the living room and everytime that movie is on!

Ranger Mom
12-07-2004, 02:45 PM
I can't believe nobody has picked Frosty the Snowman!!

http://kit.netpoets.net/kit-snowman.gif

Phil C
12-07-2004, 03:50 PM
I agree with Pirate 44 on It's a Wonderful Life as No. 1. James Stewart was great in it.

pirate44
12-07-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I agree with Pirate 44 on It's a Wonderful Life as No. 1. James Stewart was great in it.
the whole cast i thought was a perfect match for each other. James Stewart and donna reed had amazing chemistry. Lionel Barrymore was classic as always and Gloria Grahame was smokin.
did you notice ol' Alfalfa (Carl Switzer) from the Little Rascals had a cameo?

Phil C
12-07-2004, 04:05 PM
I remember that Pirate 44 and the man who played the angel was outstanding too even though right now I don't remember his name. Thomas Mitchell as Stewart's uncle was great too. And Ward Bond was good as the policeman friend. A great cast in a great movie. Probably should have won best oscar. Strange the movie wasn't received that well when it came out.

pirate44
12-07-2004, 04:12 PM
I remember that Pirate 44 and the man who played the angel was outstanding too even though right now I don't remember his name. Thomas Mitchell as Stewart's uncle was great too. And Ward Bond was good as the policeman friend. A great cast in a great movie. Probably should have won best oscar. Strange the movie wasn't received that well when it came out.
phil, was thomas mitchell the same guy who was in Gone with the wind? they look and sound very similar.

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-07-2004, 05:53 PM
i have to go w/ elf, that movie was hilarious.

NSUTrumpet08
12-07-2004, 06:33 PM
A Christmas Story is great but when TNT has it on for 24 hours all day during Christmas Day, then yeah...it get's a wee bit annoying...

I just watched Elf a few weeks ago and that is a hilarious movie!

Home Alone is great too!

Hmm...i can't think of anymore...

Oh yeah, remember "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" also and "The Grinch" with Jim Carrey...that was a good one too...these are my opinions though...

PhiI C
12-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
phil, was thomas mitchell the same guy who was in Gone with the wind? they look and sound very similar.

Yes Pirate they were the same one. He was in lots of movies. He won the best supporting actor oscar for Statecoach with John Wayne. He appeared in a lot of John Wayne movies including The Quite Man which won an oscar for best picture.

PhiI C
12-07-2004, 06:34 PM
He was also in High Noon with Gary Cooper.

mustang04
12-07-2004, 06:43 PM
ok...Elf is on the list too...i liked The santa clause...but i dunno it wasnt GREAT..... IMHO

now its

1)A christmas Story
2)Elf
3)National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
4)Home Alone
5)Its a Wonderful life
and im VERY disappointed not too much feedback on # 6 "Scrooged* w/ Bill Murray....have not that many ppl seen it??

LH Panther Mom
12-07-2004, 06:48 PM
Sorry, Reggie - I LOVE Scrooged. And thanks, NSUTrumpet for reminding about The Grinch with Jim Carey! Both are great.

Looks like you're going to need more than 5 on the list. :)

mustang04
12-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Sorry, Reggie - I LOVE Scrooged. And thanks, NSUTrumpet for reminding about The Grinch with Jim Carey! Both are great.

Looks like you're going to need more than 5 on the list. :)

aight

Old Tiger
12-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by SwtwtrMstngs04
ELF! I concur!

District303aPastPlayer
12-07-2004, 08:06 PM
A Christmas Story with Ralphie.... lol
Elf... "santaaaaaaaaa i know him" "

slpybear the bullfan
12-07-2004, 09:53 PM
Phil, Ward Bond is one of my all time favorite actors....

Rabbit'93
12-07-2004, 09:56 PM
I will watch A Christmas Story at least 10 times this year..Elf is good too.

setex
12-07-2004, 10:29 PM
My Favorite

http://www.garnersclassics.com/pics/christ/shitte1.jpg

cat dog horse
12-07-2004, 10:59 PM
yes, elf was quite funny

LHMom
12-07-2004, 11:40 PM
So... my generation grew up watching "Miracle on 34th Street." My kids grew up watching, "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation." And we wonder what has happened to this generation. HA HA Just for the record, I like Christmas Vacation better!

My favorite animated is The Year Without a Santa Claus.

AggieJohn
12-08-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by NSUTrumpet08
A Christmas Story is great but when TNT has it on for 24 hours all day during Christmas Day, then yeah...it get's a wee bit annoying...

I just watched Elf a few weeks ago and that is a hilarious movie!

Home Alone is great too!

Hmm...i can't think of anymore...

Oh yeah, remember "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" also and "The Grinch" with Jim Carrey...that was a good one too...these are my opinions though...

the jim carrey grinch movie was as bogus as the the cat in the hat...they just should leave dr. seuss alone

fb_gurl
12-08-2004, 10:06 AM
All of these are great movies!! But I do have a question about a Christmas movie... what is the deal with the slow (sort of depressing) music in "A Charlie Brown Christmas"? It was on t.v. last night.

pirate44
12-08-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by fb_gurl
All of these are great movies!! But I do have a question about a Christmas movie... what is the deal with the slow (sort of depressing) music in "A Charlie Brown Christmas"? It was on t.v. last night.
i always thought the same thing. that show depresses me. It doesn't show up on my top 10 for that reason.

AP Panther Fan
12-08-2004, 10:35 AM

Well, Charlie Brown is kinda a sad, little dude! Linus, his blanket and piano playing are the only cheerful things about that show. :thinking:

pirate4state
12-08-2004, 10:39 AM
...what is the deal with the slow (sort of depressing) music in "A Charlie Brown Christmas"? It was on t.v. last night. Well, Charlie Brown is depressed - he only says it right off! :D I don't know...I love this Christmas "special". I guess I just "get" Charlie Brown & his friends. :eek: :D

AP Panther Fan
12-08-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Well, Charlie Brown is depressed - he only says it right off! :D I don't know...I love this Christmas "special". I guess I just "get" Charlie Brown & his friends. :eek: :D

Are you depressed too?:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :kiss:

pirate4state
12-08-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Are you depressed too? Not anymore. :D I love Christmas! :cheerl: I finally have my tree & lights up. I just like that type of humor. *shrug*

Now, for my list of favorite Christmas movies:

1. It's a Wonderful Life (and to think that the first time I watched this movie was like 5 years ago :eek: )
2. Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer
3. Charlie Brown's Christmas Special
4. Elf - "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?" :D
5. Home Alone
6. Scrooged - Bill Murray is the MAN
7. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

**Sorry, Ranger Mom - Frosty the Snowman used to be a favorite of mine, but I watched it this year & it just seemed really blah. :doh:

Don't everyone shout at once, but I have never seen A Christmas Story. :o :eek:

Note to self - rent A Christmas Story

pirate44
12-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Not anymore. :D I love Christmas! :cheerl: I finally have my tree & lights up. I just like that type of humor. *shrug*

Now, for my list of favorite Christmas movies:

1. It's a Wonderful Life (and to think that the first time I watched this movie was like 5 years ago :eek: )
2. Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer
3. Charlie Brown's Christmas Special
4. Elf - "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?" :D
5. Home Alone
6. Scrooged - Bill Murray is the MAN
7. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

**Sorry, Ranger Mom - Frosty the Snowman used to be a favorite of mine, but I watched it this year & it just seemed really blah. :doh:

you wont regret it

BIGGBROTHER
12-08-2004, 11:20 AM
Bad Santa

a nightmare before christmas

and texas in the rosebowl
well thats more of a after christmas show but still good

mustang04
12-08-2004, 11:22 AM

whoa whoa whoa.....you are banished from any of my future threads....i mean, not seeing "A Christmas Story" is just like....like.....like not knowing we landed on the moon....man u just lost ANY respect i had for u:doh:

wanna get in my good graces?....watch the movie, and write a 2 paragraph reason why you liked it or disliked it and use specific detail....then make up a new thread saying "A Christmas Story" summary:)

AP Panther Fan
12-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by mustang04 wanna get in my good graces?....watch the movie, and write a 2 paragraph reason why you liked it or disliked it and use specific detail....then make up a new thread saying "A Christmas Story" summary:)

Hee hee.........P4S, you must then proceed to the chalkboard and write 100 sentences! When you are finished with that, you must gather all of the erasers, take them out and clean them! :D

mustang04
12-08-2004, 11:32 AM
Hee hee.........P4S, you must then proceed to the chalkboard and write 100 sentences! When you are finished with that, you must gather all of the erasers, take them out and clean them! :D

and you can just go stand in the corner..facing it, no one interferes w/ me while im punishing...ill punish ppl how i see fit:devil: :devil:

AP Panther Fan
12-08-2004, 11:35 AM
and you can just go stand in the corner..facing it, no one interferes w/ me while im punishing...ill punish ppl how i see fit:devil: :devil:

Ooooh, maybe we should refer to you as "master" mustang04. Please be gentle on us!:D

mustang04
12-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Ooooh, maybe we should refer to you as "master" mustang04. Please be gentle on us!:D

anybody hear anything besides me....maybe its the wind:rolleyes:

AP Panther Fan
12-08-2004, 11:53 AM
anybody hear anything besides me....maybe its the wind:rolleyes:

Could be a "herricane" blowing up your way from the coast!:D

pirate4state
12-08-2004, 02:20 PM
whoa whoa whoa.....you are banished from any of my future threads....is this the type of statement that makes you think your funny? :confused:

i mean, not seeing "A Christmas Story" is just like....like.....like not knowing we landed on the moon....man u just lost ANY respect i had for u:doh: Oh, NO!! :o How will I go on?:rolleyes:

wanna get in my good graces?....my sole purpose in living is to do just that - NOT!!
watch the movie, and write a 2 paragraph reason why you liked it or disliked it and use specific detail....then make up a new thread saying "A Christmas Story" summary:) R-I-G-H-T I'm on it master :hand:

:D :D :D :kiss:

CheerMom
12-08-2004, 02:37 PM
My favorites are:
l. It's A Wonderful Life
2. The Bishop's Wife
3. Miracle on 34th Street (Natalie Wood)

mustang04
12-08-2004, 02:40 PM
is this the type of statement that makes you think your funny? :confused:
Oh, NO!! :o How will I go on?:rolleyes:

my sole purpose in living is to do just that - NOT!! R-I-G-H-T I'm on it master :hand:

:D :D :D :kiss: [/B]

aha...funny guy.....ur the one who hasnt seen it, maybe if u did u'd be more in the holiday spirit:D

pirate4state
12-08-2004, 03:34 PM
aha...funny guy.....ur the one who hasnt seen it, maybe if u did u'd be more in the holiday spirit:D I'm not a guy, but thanks for saying that I'm funny! :D Maybe I don't want to see it. :tongue: And you can't make me! I looked it up on www.imdb.com and that kid on the poster/cover for the movie looks weird! :eyetwitch :thinking:

AP Panther Fan
12-08-2004, 03:52 PM
I looked it up on www.imdb.com and that kid on the poster/cover for the movie looks weird! :eyetwitch :thinking:

Don't worry, it will be on television every other day between now and Christmas....so you don't need to worry about renting it. Save yourself the $4! It is a pretty funny movie though!:)

mustang04
12-08-2004, 05:33 PM
I'm not a guy, but thanks for saying that I'm funny! :D Maybe I don't want to see it. :tongue: And you can't make me! I looked it up on www.imdb.com and that kid on the poster/cover for the movie looks weird! :eyetwitch :thinking:

haha...hey r u the one whos related to DocDre???

TheDOCTORdre
12-08-2004, 05:37 PM
haha...hey r u the one whos related to DocDre???
ya she is dont mess with my family or I will mess with you:mad:

mustang04
12-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
ya she is dont mess with my family or I will mess with you:mad:

when u say mess w/ me..do u mean wreck my truck again??? hehe:D

pirate4state
12-09-2004, 12:22 AM
haha...hey r u the one whos related to DocDre??? that's me! :D

pirate4state
12-09-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
ya she is dont mess with my family or I will mess with you:mad: Awww, thanks cuz!! :thumbsup:

SintonFan
12-09-2004, 12:27 AM
Awww, thanks cuz!! :thumbsup:
He's related to you?:p
Sorry p4s...:D

pirate4state
12-09-2004, 12:36 AM
He's related to you?:p
Sorry p4s...:D Dre is, why you gotta problem? :eyetwitch :mad: :p

SintonFan
12-09-2004, 12:41 AM
Dre is, why you gotta problem? :eyetwitch :mad: :p
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sauer/angry-smiley-025.gif:D

pirate4state
12-09-2004, 12:49 AM
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sauer/angry-smiley-025.gif:D http://www.kit.netpoets.net/brow.gif http://www.kit.netpoets.net/fullmoon.gif :eek: :tongue:

Now, behave! http://www.kit.netpoets.net/kit-lecture.gif :)

mustang04
12-09-2004, 01:05 AM
http://www.kit.netpoets.net/brow.gif http://www.kit.netpoets.net/fullmoon.gif :eek: :tongue:

Now, behave! http://www.kit.netpoets.net/kit-lecture.gif :)

hahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHHAHA...i LOVE that lil mooning smiley hahahaha:clap: :clap: :clap: