12-07-2004, 12:16 AM
thoughts

KTJ
12-07-2004, 12:20 AM
Cal is more deserving above Utah. Until Utah plays in a real conference....:D

Ranger05
12-07-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Cal is more deserving above Utah. Until Utah plays in a real conference....:D couldnt say it any better

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-07-2004, 12:22 AM
Definitly Cal, I'm a Texas fan so I understand what it's like to get screwed in the BCS(Although this time I must admit it didnt bother me as much). If i had my way Utah and their soft schedule would be playing the Holiday Bowl and Cal would be playing in a BCS bowl.

Keith7
12-07-2004, 12:23 AM
the real question is who is more deserving Texas or Cal, but that poll has already been made ;)

Ranger05
12-07-2004, 12:27 AM
i wonder who would be deserve a bcs bowl bid more between utah and pittsburg

KTJ
12-07-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
the real question is who is more deserving Texas or Cal, but that poll has already been made ;)

Both Texas and Cal are deserving. That answers that question.

rockdale80
12-07-2004, 04:30 AM
I thought this was the year the BCS had their system together and would avoid controversy at all cost. I am just amazed at the bowl bids handed out in the past few days. Texas lobbies for votes and gets them(which I personally liked), while Cal now gets the honor of playing in The Holiday Bowl against a mediocre Tech Team. Utah is playing the 20th ranked team in the Fiesta Bowl. Even though Utah's best win of the season was to a team that lost to Baylor. And Auburn is left in the rain as well playing V. Tech in the Sugar Bowl. I thought the idea was to have a clear national Championship. Why is Cal shipped out to a non BCS bowl. They are ranked 5th in the rankings. I thought the idea was to let the best teams play each other and have one champion at the end of the day. How about USC vs. Texas. Auburn vs. Cal. And OU vs. Utah. Wouldn't that give everyone a better idea of who was the best at the end of that day?

big daddy russ
12-07-2004, 10:38 AM
Pitt's the team who doesn't deserve to be in there and the Big East should be demoted to being a mid-major.

Louisville's moving to the Big East, but until they become a more consistent player in the national picture (will Petrino stay?) the Big East will be a half rung better than C-USA.