PDA

View Full Version : Boyd vs. Newton

Bouncer
12-06-2004, 01:29 PM
Boyd will be state champs.

TigerShark
12-06-2004, 01:40 PM
You must be hoping that Newton doesn't go 3-0 on Jasper.

Ha Ha, we got bling bling you got none.

Go run track with Spoon.

Jody
12-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Bouncer
Boyd will be state champs.

I watched Newton Saturday in the dome. I know nothing about Boyd, but they better bring their game. Newton's #22 is as fast as lightening and can run away from a cheata who hasn't ate in 6 months. Newton's offensive line is pretty darn good as well. Their defense is stingy and will stop just about any run game Boyd brings. Also, if you blink, Netwon's QB will toss one 40 yards downfield to connect with a blazing saddles style reception.

spiveyrat
12-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Newton beat an opponent with a reputation of scoring lots of points. My money's on Newton. GO Eagles!!!

Bouncer
12-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Newton sucks.
Number 22 isnt all that fast.
Newton's lineman suck.
Defense hasn't seen an offense yet.

Come satarday, Newton is in for pain.

Hupernikomen
12-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Bouncer
Newton sucks.
Number 22 isnt all that fast.
Newton's lineman suck.
Defense hasn't seen an offense yet.

Come satarday, Newton is in for pain.

Layoff of it bouncer...Jasper people are supporting Newton and Newton people are supporting Jasper...go player hate on another site.

sphinx-1906
12-06-2004, 03:25 PM
Bouncer.....you must have not seen Newton play yet. If you want to see speed,strength, and smashmouth football come to Waco. Good luck Jasper and bouncer you can kiss my .....well you know.

duckbutter
12-06-2004, 03:26 PM
Who's side did you sit on Jody? Just wondering if the jinx is for real.;)

PPHSfan
12-06-2004, 03:28 PM
I just think it will be a fun game to watch if both teams wear their home uniforms. Solid Yellow vs Solid Purple. What a great scene.:D

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-06-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Jody

P.S. WOS Sucks. please dont get everyone started on this one again...its a war that doesnt need to be fought...

Jody
12-06-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by duckbutter

I sat on the Judson Rocket's side. They got beat to death. During the Newton game I sat on the Newton side. See, the jinx only works for 3A and above. :D

Jody
12-06-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
please dont get everyone started on this one again...its a war that doesnt need to be fought...

Just getting warmed up for 2005. I got to get on them while I can, as they will not make the playoffs in 2006 and will most likely be 2A soon.....:D

98Eagle
12-06-2004, 04:57 PM
If you stop Boyd's quarterback (Tidwell), then you stop Boyd. JMHO

Good Luck Jasper, lets bring to trophies to the piney woods.

Jody
12-06-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by 98Eagle
If you stop Boyd's quarterback (Tidwell), then you stop Boyd. JMHO

Good Luck Jasper, lets bring to trophies to the piney woods.

Boyd is in for a rude awakening!

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Boyd is in for a rude awakening! i dont know about that one...both teams seem to be pretty evenly matched. i think it will come down to conditioning...

j_dog
12-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Duck, the curse is for real! I saw it with my own eyes! I wonder if LH will even let Jody sit on their side Saturday. They will know him by ............ no better not say! :D Gotta keep him alive one more week!

Old No. 7
12-06-2004, 11:50 PM
Sounds like Bouncer got burnt by Toddrick one time. Oh well, K-ville is pulling for the Eagles and the Bulldogs. I had planned on making this game but I'll be at a beauty pagent instead. Duckbutter, keep us posted on the game.

Ranger05
12-07-2004, 12:21 AM
Newton i was really impressed with them when i watched them play teague i didnt think they could blow them out like that

cunbed10
12-07-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by sphinx-1906
Bouncer.....you must have not seen Newton play yet. If you want to see speed,strength, and smashmouth football come to Waco. Good luck Jasper and bouncer you can kiss my .....well you know. PM and let me know when and where, I will give you may Cell, Marlin is only 28 Miles from Waco, ya'll will probably pass through Marlin.

duckbutter
12-07-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by cunbed10
PM and let me know when and where, I will give you may Cell, Marlin is only 28 Miles from Waco, ya'll will probably pass through Marlin. We'll be driving right down town Marlin on our way to Waco but don't take it personally if we don't show any LOVE on our way through. ;)

cunbed10
12-07-2004, 09:39 AM
We'll be driving right down town Marlin on our way to Waco but don't take it personally if we don't show any LOVE on our way through. ;) I understand;)

LH Panther Mom
12-07-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
Duck, the curse is for real! I saw it with my own eyes! I wonder if LH will even let Jody sit on their side Saturday. They will know him by ............ no better not say! :D Gotta keep him alive one more week!

Sure, Jody's welcome on our side. I think the booster club has purchased some sort of reflector so that the curse bounces back! :D

cunbed10
12-07-2004, 09:51 AM
We'll be driving right down town Marlin on our way to Waco but don't take it personally if we don't show any LOVE on our way through. ;) Where and when does Newton play?

sphinx-1906
12-07-2004, 10:00 AM
We play at 2:00 in Waco at the Waco ISD Stadium. I know you are used to that stadium, I saw yall kick the crap out of Waco Connley there a couple of years ago. Come check us out CUNBED. It would be good to finally meet you.holla. Oh yeah we play on Sat.

Jody
12-07-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Sure, Jody's welcome on our side. I think the booster club has purchased some sort of reflector so that the curse bounces back! :D

Look-E-Here! There is some love still out there! I was actually in College Station today and drove by the field to see where best to park. I was wondering if I might be the only person sitting in the endzoze section as not to be linched by either side during the game....hahaha

:D

I hardly doubt any jinx will stop 2 going on 3, 2000 rushers!

spiveyrat
12-07-2004, 09:48 PM

I hardly doubt any jinx will stop 2 going on 3, 2000 rushers!

You underestimate yourself!!! :D

slpybear the bullfan
12-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Guys, Boyd is the real deal. Went and watched them play henrietta. Tidwell is simply a stud. They have a great running back that was out hurt for the game but should return for state.

If Newton underestimates Boyd it will be a mistake.

JMHO.

Hupernikomen
12-07-2004, 09:58 PM
This isn't curtis barbay's first time to rodeo...not to mention he has gene walcoviak as his assistant..those guys know what this is all about. Newton will be ready and will be bringing the riddell. I don't know a thing in the world about boyd but I bet they are good.

j_dog
12-07-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You may feel differently come Sunday morning! :D :D

Jody
12-08-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Guys, Boyd is the real deal. Went and watched them play henrietta. Tidwell is simply a stud. They have a great running back that was out hurt for the game but should return for state.

If Newton underestimates Boyd it will be a mistake.

JMHO.

Where and when is this game going to be played? Sounds like a great match-up. Go Newton......woops....sorry Newton....GO BOYD! Just in case this jinx thing works.

SwtwtrMstngs04
12-08-2004, 08:02 AM
I do believe that Boyd will be a challenge for Newton. I just cant see them getting blown out of the water in this one. This game should be decided by under 2 touchdowns.

duckbutter
12-08-2004, 09:12 AM
I can assure you that Newton is not over looking Boyd. The only team that we overlooked this yr was Anahuac and we learned a hard lesson that night. Newton will be well prepared for Boyd as I am sure Boyd will be for Newton. It says a lot for both programs to just make it this far to begin with. You have to have a combination of talent, coaching and LUCK to come together at the right time to make it to the state game and then you have to win it. Good luck to both teams, this IS the big dance.
Newton 35
Boyd 21
GO EAGLES

chugbug
12-08-2004, 10:21 AM
There is no problem with supporting your team. The problem comes when you make some idiotic statment about Newton not facing a real ofense. I can tell you that Newton has a long playoff history and that their coach has been around a long time. He is nobodies fool. Newton will be state champions. Go Newton :eek: :eek: :eek: :hairpunk: :eek: :eek:

K-ville BBAll 20
12-08-2004, 11:15 AM
I say Newton in a blowout, they are 3a competition!!!:thinking:

Jody
12-08-2004, 11:21 AM
I can assure you that Newton is not over looking Boyd. The only team that we overlooked this yr was Anahuac and we learned a hard lesson that night. Newton will be well prepared for Boyd as I am sure Boyd will be for Newton. It says a lot for both programs to just make it this far to begin with. You have to have a combination of talent, coaching and LUCK to come together at the right time to make it to the state game and then you have to win it. Good luck to both teams, this IS the big dance.
Newton 35
Boyd 21
GO EAGLES

duckbutter,

What happend to Newton in that game, other than turnovers? BH beat Anahuac the week before and held Anahuac to something like 26 yards offense in a shut-out. I was very suprised at the Anahuac game, especially after watching Newton play last week in the dome.

Wildcat22
12-08-2004, 11:23 AM
newton will win in a blowout... they have no competition in 2a

duckbutter
12-08-2004, 11:53 AM
duckbutter,

What happend to Newton in that game, other than turnovers? BH beat Anahuac the week before and held Anahuac to something like 26 yards offense in a shut-out. I was very suprised at the Anahuac game, especially after watching Newton play last week in the dome. We were coming into the game #1 in the state for 2A and knew that Anahuac was not very good. I guess we figured that we could just walk out on the field and they would bow down to the "mighty eagles" and we wouldn't have to put forth much effort. Anahuac on the other hand saw a great opportunity to knock us off and played like it was the Super Bowl. We weren't prepared and it cost us dearly. I think there were like 6 or 8 turnovers and who knows how many penalties. I really think that that loss turned the program around for the rest of the year. It was a hard and embarrassing loss to take but I think it helped in the long run.

Jody
12-08-2004, 12:13 PM
We were coming into the game #1 in the state for 2A and knew that Anahuac was not very good. I guess we figured that we could just walk out on the field and they would bow down to the "mighty eagles" and we wouldn't have to put forth much effort. Anahuac on the other hand saw a great opportunity to knock us off and played like it was the Super Bowl. We weren't prepared and it cost us dearly. I think there were like 6 or 8 turnovers and who knows how many penalties. I really think that that loss turned the program around for the rest of the year. It was a hard and embarrassing loss to take but I think it helped in the long run.

I am sure they Anahuac was also embarrised by the whipping they took the week before. My jaw dropped when they announced the Newton vs. Anahuac score during the BH game. I guess some may say my jaw dropping would be a good thing.....:D :D :D