PDA

View Full Version : Jasper

Gsquared
12-06-2004, 07:25 AM
Congrats Marlin on a good year!! I think Jasper just wore em down. That right side of the Jasper line got some major push in the second half. Man, Tank and Sanders for Marlin are goooodddd!

Hupernikomen
12-06-2004, 08:55 AM
shouldn't this thread be titled Marlin??

Gsquared
12-06-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
shouldn't this thread be titled Marlin??
Umm, well maybe, but I thought Jasper was a catchy title. You wouldnt have read it if it said Marlin. You were my targeted audience! :p

spiveyrat
12-06-2004, 09:27 AM
That guy is SO clever! :D

crimson blood
12-06-2004, 09:37 AM
sat, kyle, 3:00?
is jasper home or visitors
they've lost 2 in a row there as visitor

Hupernikomen
12-06-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Umm, well maybe, but I thought Jasper was a catchy title. You wouldnt have read it if it said Marlin. You were my targeted audience! :p

Little ole me??? I coulda told you Tank and their qb were good...does that mean Jasper's defense is just kinda sorta good for holding them somewhat in check??

Gsquared
12-06-2004, 10:37 AM
Little ole me??? I coulda told you Tank and their qb were good...does that mean Jasper's defense is just kinda sorta good for holding them somewhat in check??
I was impressed with the Jasper D! Actually, I was impressed by Jasper on all phases!

Hupernikomen
12-06-2004, 10:37 AM
ok...now I can have a good day...thanks!

Gsquared
12-06-2004, 11:13 AM
De nada!

PPHSfan
12-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Gsquared,

Now tell them what you think will happen if they play Gilmer.:)

Gsquared
12-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Gsquared,

Now tell them what you think will happen if they play Gilmer.:)
Umm, noooooo

PPHSfan
12-06-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Umm, noooooo

I'm sorry G.

You are much too nice a guy to have to pick one.

I will do it for you.

This is MY opinion, not that of Mr. Squared.

Gilmer will beat Jasper by 24 points or more. IF they play each other.

I don't have a reputation to soil for being wrong. Or taking the wrong side. :D

Gsquared
12-06-2004, 12:30 PM
I'm sorry G.

I will do it for you.

Im not gonna say anyting. I already have that crooked nosed old lady mad at me from Jasper. She kept eye balling me during the game. She kinda scared me.

PPHSfan
12-06-2004, 12:32 PM
Well you should not have been talking about next weeks pig out, and the things that you can do with a cat and jelly, while the jasper shcool song was being played. :D

Gsquared
12-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Well you should not have been talking about next weeks pig out, and the things that you can do with a cat and jelly, while the jasper shcool song was being played. :D
She was evesdropping so I couldnt help it. Besides, that was a coach from Chilton on the phone so I had to talk loud!! Anybody that coaches with Lucky Gamble is hard of hearing!

Bulldog_12
12-06-2004, 12:52 PM
I dont know PPHS, Gilmer had a great high powered offense, but their defense seemed so weak. I think It would be a great game if Jasper and Gilmer met up and it would come down to whoever scores last.

Gsquared
12-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Hodge will make alot of defenses look weak though. That kid is amazing.

Hupernikomen
12-06-2004, 01:07 PM
I'm sorry G.

I will do it for you.

Gilmer is far from some of the teams that have beaten us by 24 through the years in the playoffs...that list is very short but includes Sugarland Willowridge with Thurman Thomas..much like the Burnet situation we played him again the next year and came up a bit short...Bay City and LaMarque....any of those 3 would stomp a hole in the Gilmer team I watched Saturday.

The day Gilmer beats my Dogs by 24 is the day...nah I better not say it just in case :D I don't wanna be like another poster I know.

Gsquared
12-06-2004, 01:12 PM
Gilmer is far from some of the teams that have beaten us by 24 through the years in the playoffs...that list is very short but includes Sugarland Willowridge with Thurman Thomas..much like the Burnet situation we played him again the next year and came up a bit short...Bay City and LaMarque....any of those 3 would stomp a hole in the Gilmer team I watched Saturday.

The day Gilmer beats my Dogs by 24 is the day...nah I better not say it just in case :D I don't wanna be like another poster I know. I dont think Gilmer would beat Jasper by that many. I think Gilmer would probably beat Jasper but hey, the game aint happening so its a mute point anyway. I just hope to see a few good games this weekend! Man, I love this time of year!!!

Gsquared
12-07-2004, 07:28 AM
Maybe we will see this one in a week!!!

cunbed10
12-07-2004, 08:44 AM

The day Gilmer beats my Dogs by 24 is the day...nah I better not say it just in case :D I don't wanna be like another poster I know. coming from a Marlin fan that watched both teams play SAT. this is my 2 cents. Gilmer Impressed me with speed, offensively, passing also, #7QB is very speedy, #2, #28 both have exceptional speed, defensively, Jasper gets the edge, this will cause problems for a team like Gilmer, jasper only rushes 3 and the other 8 drop back in coverage, and containment, this will cause problems for Gilmer, and one major note, Jaspers uses the "HIT STICK" when they come to the ball, with Gilmer's tall receiver's, this will be a great big target for the Japser Dogs, I don't think 24 points will be the Difference, and if Jaspers controls the ball which I think they will, this game could easily go to the Bulldogs, I did like what I saw from Gilmer on offense, but Defense wins games, so I'll be there two witness this one if it happens, both teams have two other teams that might have something to say.

Gsquared
12-07-2004, 10:13 AM
I promise you the Gilmer D is a really salty defense. You have to remember that Hodge can tear any defense up. Thats why Miami wants him.

spiveyrat
12-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Let's just keep the crosshairs on Liberty Hill for now.

Gsquared
12-07-2004, 12:35 PM
Yeah and Gilmer better take care of bitness friday too.

89JDAWG
12-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by cunbed10
coming from a Marlin fan that watched both teams play SAT. this is my 2 cents. Gilmer Impressed me with speed, offensively, passing also, #7QB is very speedy, #2, #28 both have exceptional speed, defensively, Jasper gets the edge, this will cause problems for a team like Gilmer, jasper only rushes 3 and the other 8 drop back in coverage, and containment, this will cause problems for Gilmer, and one major note, Jaspers uses the "HIT STICK" when they come to the ball, with Gilmer's tall receiver's, this will be a great big target for the Japser Dogs, I don't think 24 points will be the Difference, and if Jaspers controls the ball which I think they will, this game could easily go to the Bulldogs, I did like what I saw from Gilmer on offense, but Defense wins games, so I'll be there two witness this one if it happens, both teams have two other teams that might have something to say.

we had some friendly banter last week now this thread sounds like you have converted to the maroon and white bulldogs:inlove:

89JDAWG
12-07-2004, 12:49 PM
I would also like to pat myself on the back again with my prediction!!!
I said 27-12 what was it????? 32-14 you gotta lauve it!!!!

I am 4for4 this playoff year so stay tuned for this weeks.

PurpleHart
12-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Yes i do beleive the ol panthers arent just not gonna show up and play... but hey i hope the players are thinking like yall.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG

I said 27-12 what was it????? 32-14 you gotta lauve it!!!!

I said Jasper would win by 15 this past week, and we won by more than that. This week i say we win by 12.

Gsquared
12-08-2004, 07:07 AM
What does Harris or Jerry say on this one?

Jody
12-08-2004, 07:34 AM

The day Gilmer beats my Dogs by 24 is the day...nah I better not say it just in case :D I don't wanna be like another poster I know.

OHOHOH MEMEME

"The day Gilmer beats my Dogs by 24 is the day I will root for BH in the 2005 3A state championship and in the 2006 4A state championship".

Is that right?

Jody
12-08-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
I said Jasper would win by 15 this past week, and we won by more than that. This week i say we win by 12.

I was going to ask what you were smoking, however I can clearly see it in your thread's picture.......:D :D :D

Jasper goes down Saturday (voodoo)........:D