PDA

View Full Version : Bellville v.s. Elgin

BigT 75
09-21-2002, 11:26 AM
Coming away with a loss from Elgin was hard to swallow. We went into that game thinking that we would kill 'em cuz they lost to Rockdale, and we beat Rockdale 31-7. Everyone that watched us play last nite can say that we were pretty dead the whole 1st half. When we came back out after halftime though, we new what we had to do. We came back, and I thought we would win when we tied it at 17-17. Two big plays for Elgin in the fourth quarter though finished it. Next time we will come out with the right mind set, because this won't happen again. There is an 80% chance that we could meet them in the playoffs as well. It's done, it's time to get our minds on Rice now.

sinton66
09-21-2002, 11:32 AM
It's a tough break for Bellville, but it's something to keep in mind too. You really do have to stay focused for every game. Your attitude is correct, forget about this one, work hard this week, and get ready for Rice. They will test you as well. Good luck to the Brahmas!

mindy
09-21-2002, 11:39 AM
it's hard to lose to a team you know will never win the big one, elgin has no discipline

BigBrother70
09-21-2002, 11:54 AM
Mindy

Let me say this, Elgin BEAT Bellville
They made a whole lot of mistakes in the loss to Rockdale.
They came together and played as a team last night.
Bellville has a good team, I had a talk after the game with one of their players i have known for awhile, he said they would learn from this and take it as a wake up call

BigBrother70
09-21-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by BigT 75:
Coming away with a loss from Elgin was hard to swallow. We went into that game thinking that we would kill 'em cuz they lost to Rockdale, and we beat Rockdale 31-7. Everyone that watched us play last nite can say that we were pretty dead the whole 1st half. When we came back out after halftime though, we new what we had to do. We came back, and I thought we would win when we tied it at 17-17. Two big plays for Elgin in the fourth quarter though finished it. Next time we will come out with the right mind set, because this won't happen again. There is an 80% chance that we could meet them in the playoffs as well. It's done, it's time to get our minds on Rice now.

#75And u think the 2 big plays when Bellville was down 17-3 in the game weren't the same? hell son, Elgin lined up and took it to you

wildcatfootballsoldier04
09-21-2002, 12:46 PM
belville who? what in state? 40 points what?

ice78621
09-21-2002, 01:00 PM
mindy why do u say elgin doesn't have any discapline, i don't think you know what your talking about.

ana
09-21-2002, 01:18 PM
Yes, this was a sad game to see, but we all came together: the team, the fans and the town. All of our eyes sat on the field watching every second of it enduring every moment of it. And we will all pull together next week at the Rice game, Elgin has not killed us we are still living strong!!!