PDA

View Full Version : Look at the Numbers! I wonder who has the advantage?

Comeaux
12-05-2004, 09:43 PM
Some interesting numbers to look at. Is it any wonder that the bigger teams (number wise) are still strong this time of the season when the injuries are starting to take their toll.

There has to be a better way.

Tatum 392 vs Gilmer 629
Snyder 764 vs Gilmer 629
Jasper 850 VS Marlin 463
Jasper 850 VS Liberty Hill 535.5

Silsbee 876 Play off team 0-10 in 2003 10-1 in 2004
Barbers Hill 826 Play off team
Palestine 899 DI Play off team
Wilmer-Hutchins 784 Play off team - was beaten by Tatum 392.

jason
12-05-2004, 09:45 PM
this post confuses me...are you trying to say schools with more kids win more often? if so, then you disprove yourself with your numbers....if thats what you're NOT trying to prove, then im confused lol....

palestine lost to cuero who has way less kids

NSUTrumpet08
12-05-2004, 09:49 PM
Liberty Hill 535.5

How does a school get counted with half a person??? This has always baffled me! I think i'll go read the UIL Constitution to figure this out...

Old Cardinal
12-05-2004, 09:59 PM
To Comeaux: Over they years we have put together stats showing that the high enrollments tend to climb to the top. It is not noticable as much until the playoffs when the naturally stronger bench of the higher enrollments tends to become a contributing factor toward a win. Every once in a while, a low enrollment school has a streak of good luck and does not lose too many premium players and are just as potent as they were at mid-season. Enrollment counts in all the stats that have been generated through the years.

Astrosdawg07
12-05-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by NSUTrumpet08
How does a school get counted with half a person??? This has always baffled me! I think i'll go read the UIL Constitution to figure this out...

CHILL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sahen
12-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by NSUTrumpet08

lol...maybe a kid genius who is like 10 and in higschool so they count them as .5?....either that or midgets...ur guess is as good as mine..

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2004, 10:12 PM
Hahaha! I've been trying all year to figure out exactly who that .5 person is. :D

Comeaux
12-05-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by jason
this post confuses me...are you trying to say schools with more kids win more often? if so, then you disprove yourself with your numbers....if thats what you're NOT trying to prove, then im confused lol....

palestine lost to cuero who has way less kids

Get your numbers down just below the top and you have a good chance to do well.
Look at the UIL site and see how many of the top enrollment schools in each district did not make the paly offs - not very many.
Tatum and Marlin are teams with exceptional talent. The numbers caught up with both of them this weekend.

In DI the talent leveled out more so than in the DII. The schools from 3A down are impacted by the numbers more than the 4A and 5A.

Bottom line : the system sucks!

Holmes_Fans
12-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Comeaux
Bottom line : the system sucks!
Maybe they should incorporate a BCS type system for HS ball.:thinking:

jason
12-05-2004, 10:26 PM

Bottom line : the system sucks! :rolleyes: how would you do it? make everybody in one big bracket ??

3afan
12-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by sahen
..... midgets.........

hehe, good one ... :clap:

3afan
12-05-2004, 10:36 PM
Get your numbers down just below the top and you have a good chance to do well.

it dont work that way --- schools turn in their numbers, THEN "the top" is determined ...

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
it dont work that way --- schools turn in their numbers, THEN "the top" is determined ...

You're very smart 3afan. :)