PDA

View Full Version : which team suprised you the most!?

HBfan
12-05-2004, 04:51 PM
just a question... were there any teams that suprised you by winning a game or losing?!

Holmes_Fans
12-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Wilmer Hutchin's whole season.

jason
12-05-2004, 04:57 PM
well....with the things that went down at their school, Wilmer Hutchins...also Royse City, just because im used to them being the doormats of district play.....

they both had pretty darn good seasons though.....

also, how about defending champs Atlanta missing the big dance.....

Cedar Park also turned some heads in the 5A bracket.....

VWG
12-05-2004, 05:03 PM
The Vernon Lions staying home for the playoffs.
Snyder and their run in the playoffs that is still going.
Bowie making the playoffs.

The number one surprising thing this season to me was Abilene Wylie upsetting Decatur 14-13. I had Decatur picked to go all the way in DI.

Astrosdawg07
12-05-2004, 05:15 PM
Kirbyville

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-05-2004, 05:32 PM
im gonna say bridgeport, i expected them to be a pretty powerful team this year, then they went 3-7 in regular season play, then made it to the second round! im not sure how often that happens, but i know its not that often.

Bullaholic
12-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Decatur's 14-13 loss to Abilene-Wylie
WO-S out in first round
Liberty Hill's "darkhorse" run (not to mean that they don't belong)
Bridgeport's 3-7 team going 2 deep
Wimer-Hutchins' winning season, despite great adversity
Silsbee's great turnaround season
Canton missing playoffs at 8-2

gobblerfan02
12-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Halletsville's run in D2, not surprising to me, but to most!

FootballChik98
12-05-2004, 06:26 PM
Mine would be Wilmer-Hutchins and Royse City, plus Canton missing the playoffs at 8-2. I'm still not happy about that! :mad: :)

NSUTrumpet08
12-05-2004, 07:18 PM
What about Silsbee?

texasjeremy
12-05-2004, 09:30 PM
How about the Center Roughriders a team that went 0-10 last year and was picked by DCTF to finish dead last in their district made it to the state quarterfinals this year.

Bulldog_12
12-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Im gonna be a homer for my first one. Jasper going 3rd in district, and now heading to the semi-finals. Also, Silsbee having that spectacular turn-around year. And WOS losing in the 1st round. Those are my surprises.

NSUTrumpet08
12-05-2004, 09:41 PM
Im gonna be a homer for my first one. Jasper going 3rd in district, and now heading to the semi-finals. Also, Silsbee having that spectacular turn-around year. And WOS losing in the 1st round. Those are my surprises.

Definitely going to agree with Bulldog_12 on this one. Silsbee totally reversing their season from last year to 10-0...that is most impressive and then WO-S losing in the first round! I don't think very many people saw that coming. I'm proud of our Dawgs making it this far!! Hopefully they will make it to the big dance...

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Halletsville's run in D2, not surprising to me, but to most!

I was impressed with this!

District303aPastPlayer
12-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Cuero

Port_town_texas
12-05-2004, 10:34 PM
K'Ville, Silsbee, WO-S losing in the first round, Decatur losing to Abilene Wylie.

GreenGobbla
12-06-2004, 09:13 PM
by saying cuero, do u mean that they made is this far, they were 5th in the state before the season or something like that, now we are number 1 and you are suprised we made it this far? mmmm...interesting

mustang04
12-06-2004, 09:49 PM
i say sweetwater, cuz they werent even ranked in like the top 35 or 40 at the beginning of the season...then look what they became....

lobo dad
12-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i say sweetwater, cuz they werent even ranked in like the top 35 or 40 at the beginning of the season...then look what they became....

After losing to Lubbock Cooper in the first game of the year I would agree. But after seeing them improve week after week, there was no doubt that they would be in the 4th round.

KTA
12-07-2004, 10:50 AM
since this is a homer thread---Breckenridge 8-4 beat Vernon to make the playoffs-then beat Pilot Point. In the first round. Tough to do especially in with Vernon, Iowa Park, and Graham in the disrtict

spiveyrat
12-07-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Port_town_texas
K'Ville, Silsbee, WO-S losing in the first round, Decatur losing to Abilene Wylie.

Kirbyville and Silsbee losing in the first round??? Uh uh. Don't think so. :confused:

Da Mules
12-07-2004, 01:31 PM
well, continuing with the homer theme... Muleshoe was picked to finish dead last in their district by just about everybody, including this board :D Mulefan and I knew better. We had 3 Mule surprises this year: when da Mules lost to lowly Amarillo River Road (truth is they didn't even prepare for that game...I'm not kidding,) when Lubbock Cooper turned out to be the better ball club when the district title was on the line :mad: and when we whomped Perryton so badly :clap: :clap: I wasn't overly surpised by the Snyder game... by that point of the season, somebody should have and did figure out a couple of (glaringly obvious) weak points on an undersized but never under-hearted Mule team.

IHStangFan
12-07-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
by saying cuero, do u mean that they made is this far, they were 5th in the state before the season or something like that, now we are number 1 and you are suprised we made it this far? mmmm...interesting Cuero is certainly no suprise....although i WAS suprised at the score the second time yall played Sinton. didnt see the blowout coming. but a few things i WAS suprised w/......Halletsville's season, Yoakum beating Wharton like they did, Ingleside's season...going from 2-8 to 9-3....Gregory-Portland going down to P.C. like they did, how close Calallen kept it w/ GP....and these are just a few.

SintonFan
12-07-2004, 01:43 PM
I agree. Ingleside made a huge turnaround this year. A big suprise.
WOS losing in the first round.
Halletsville's deep run.
PI not playing LH for region.
Royce City's deep run
SA Harlandale(weak district) playing Boerne for region.

To name a few suprises.

SintonFan
12-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
by saying cuero, do u mean that they made is this far, they were 5th in the state before the season or something like that, now we are number 1 and you are suprised we made it this far? mmmm...interesting
I had Cuero playing for the state title before the season started.

Bullaholic
12-07-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I had Cuero playing for the state title before the season started.

How you fix your mouth to talk like that SFan....you know you had SINTON all the way...

SintonFan
12-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How you fix your mouth to talk like that SFan....you know you had SINTON all the way...
Pooh!
Go back and read my post before September.:p
Ask PPHSFan, too.;)
BTW, PPHSFan said Gilmer would win state before the season too.

AP Panther Fan
12-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Pooh!
Go back and read my post before September.:p

ROFLMAO ..... Pooh????

:D :D :D

44INAROW
12-07-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
ROFLMAO ..... Pooh????

:D :D :D

kinda like POOH POOH lol...........

AP Panther Fan
12-07-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
kinda like POOH POOH lol...........

Yeah, what is kinda funny is that I met SintonFan at the Sinton/Cuero game and am trying to picture him saying it.:thinking:

Sorry, still funny! :eek: :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

Bullaholic
12-07-2004, 11:09 PM
ttt