PDA

View Full Version : **BCS Bowl Selection Thread**

KTJ
12-05-2004, 04:50 PM
The BCS Selection Show comes on in about 10 minutes. The prediction that is going around here in Austin is Texas vs. Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

I sure hope that's true!!!

mwynn05
12-05-2004, 04:51 PM
i dono cal pulling away in the end last night really hurt texas

TheDOCTORdre
12-05-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
They won by 10 over southern miss, that should hurt cal

KTJ
12-05-2004, 04:55 PM

Texas has already gained the points it needed from both the AP Poll and the Coaches Poll.

Cal's performance last night hurt them, badly. But the BCS is shady. So you never know.

jason
12-05-2004, 04:55 PM
channel ?

TheDOCTORdre
12-05-2004, 04:56 PM
ABC

Bellville22
12-05-2004, 04:56 PM
Everything I'm reading says Texas vs. Michigan. This would be fine with me, I'd love to go to the Cotton Bowl.

Cal was 20+ favorites vs. Southern Miss, so the 10 point win probably hurt them. I think Cal is the better team, but I can understand if they end up behind Texas in the BCS.

Bulldog92
12-05-2004, 04:59 PM
I heard on ESPN radio that Cal's close call last night will most likely be enough to knock them out of the BCS and send UT to the Rose Bowl to face Michigan. Cal would end up in the Holiday Bowl under that scenario against either OSU or A&M, I think. The interesting thing about this is that Jeff Tedford would almost certainly leave Cal if that happens. He's not getting the support either from the university (facilities, etc.) or from the voters. Let's face it...Cal is as good as they'll ever be and if they can't get into the BCS now, when will they? I see him going to either Washington or Notre Dame if he leaves...

jason
12-05-2004, 05:02 PM
i bet if texas makes the rose bowl, there will be at least 7 threads saying that they made it within an hour lol....

Holmes_Fans
12-05-2004, 05:04 PM
It's official. USC vs. OU in the national championship

KTJ
12-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Well it's official--

USC vs. OU in the National Championship game.

jason
12-05-2004, 05:07 PM
bcs chat room ???

mwynn05
12-05-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
They won by 10 over southern miss, that should hurt cal well if they would have won by 3 texas would be in no doubt but it will be closer since cal scored that last td

Bulldog_12
12-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Well it's official--

USC vs. OU in the National Championship game.

BOOO!!!!!!!!! Oh well, Id love to see OU get stomped.

Holmes_Fans
12-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Auburn vs. Virginia Tech in the Sugar Bowl

KTJ
12-05-2004, 05:22 PM
well if they would have won by 3 texas would be in no doubt but it will be closer since cal scored that last td

No, that hurt Cal. They were 21 point favorites and it was a 3 point game late in the 4th quarter.

ESPN already has us in the Rose Bowl!

Holmes_Fans
12-05-2004, 05:26 PM
Utah vs. Pittsburgh in the Fiesta bowl

TheDOCTORdre
12-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
corrction it is now the Tostitos Toliet Bowl

3afan
12-05-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans

Pitt - yuck

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-05-2004, 05:29 PM
MAN THATS GREAT!!!!!!!IM SO EXCITED THAT TEXAS GOT A BCS BID!!!!!!! I CAN BARELY THINK OF WHAT TO TYPE. ITS SO GREAT!!!!

Holmes_Fans
12-05-2004, 05:34 PM
TEXAS VS. MICHIGAN IN THE ROSE BOWL

KTJ
12-05-2004, 05:37 PM
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

jason
12-05-2004, 05:38 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

gobblerfan02
12-05-2004, 05:56 PM
Wow, UT was able to dodge that ever preceeding Holiday Bowl, man, that would have sucked, but congrats to the Longhorns!!

JHS_c/o_06'
12-05-2004, 06:02 PM
YESSS.......WE DONT SUCK AGAIN!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bullaholic
12-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Tickled pink that UT is in a BCS bowl--they really do deserve it. However, I like to fantisize about a UT/A&M rematch in the Cotton or Alamo Bowl, if Texas was shut out of the BCS. Now THAT would be an event that would generate more for the local economies than any event.

SinTon_Boi_32
12-05-2004, 06:14 PM
26 days, 22 hours,15 min. till the game:)

OldSkool1
12-05-2004, 07:09 PM
dont really fell sorry for CAL because we got left out last year after OU lost to K-State...but now Texas has to go out and beat up on MICHIGAN...PS...VY... its time for Vince to play consistent

lepfan
12-05-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
BOOO!!!!!!!!! Oh well, Id love to see OU get stomped.

First of all...congrats to UT on the Rose Bowl

Second....so who do you think should be in the Orange bowl...it is obvious that the 2 top teams are there.

CHSBaseball07
12-05-2004, 07:24 PM
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY!! I BET MACK IS THANKING WHOEVER MADE THAT DECISION!! HAHA HOOK EM HORNS

KILL MICHIGAN...PROVE A POINT!

KTJ
12-05-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by lepfan

Second....so who do you think should be in the Orange bowl...it is obvious that the 2 top teams are there.

It's not obvious when there are 3 undefeated teams from top conferences out there and only 2 get to play in the NC game.

CHSBaseball07
12-05-2004, 07:36 PM
we need to take the top 8 teams...or 12 or whatever you want.....and have a PLAYOFf with none of that crap saying conference champs automatically get in......just the top 8 or 12 at the end of the year in the polls.......and PLAYOFF

Bullaholic
12-05-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
we need to take the top 8 teams...or 12 or whatever you want.....and have a PLAYOFf with none of that crap saying conference champs automatically get in......just the top 8 or 12 at the end of the year in the polls.......and PLAYOFF

Who let this "radical" poster in here---he's trying to make sense.

raider red 2000
12-05-2004, 07:43 PM
why not kick the big east out of the BCS? since miami and VaTech are gone that confrence isnt as good as the Conf USA. the Big east spot should have gone to a deserving team such as cal. i think that cal has as much of a complaint as auburn.

i dislike texas, but since they went to a BCS bowl it will help out the confrence.....there is big bucks in this bowl stuff.

Keith7
12-05-2004, 08:12 PM
here is the list of all the games

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1790325

sahen
12-05-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Tickled pink that UT is in a BCS bowl--they really do deserve it. However, I like to fantisize about a UT/A&M rematch in the Cotton or Alamo Bowl, if Texas was shut out of the BCS. Now THAT would be an event that would generate more for the local economies than any event.

um...just be tickeld pink about the BCS thing cause UT/A&M in a bowl game against each other is pretty much an impossibility unless if we started a playoff...i dont know of any bowl where 2 teams from teh same conference have played each other...

Bullaholic
12-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by sahen
um...just be tickeld pink about the BCS thing cause UT/A&M in a bowl game against each other is pretty much an impossibility unless if we started a playoff...i dont know of any bowl where 2 teams from teh same conference have played each other...

Yea, but don't it make your lips smack just thinking about such a possibility?

Keith7
12-05-2004, 08:38 PM
I dont have a problem w/ the BCS, i like the system and i think it creates good matchups, but the problem i dont like is that the bowl games are screwed up.. why don't they set up the bowl games like this

#1 vs. #2
#3 vs. #4
#5 vs. #6
#7 vs. #8
#9 vs. #10
#11 vs. #12
#13 vs. #14
#15 vs. #16
#17 vs. #18
#19 vs. #20
#21 vs. #22
#23 vs. #24
#25 vs. North Texas

that seems like it'd made sense..

but because it is not like this, #5 Cal goes from a well anticipated game against Michigan, to a game in which they will more then likely blow out Texas Tech...

and UT will more then likely lose to Michigan.. it doesnt upset me that they dont have playoffs, it just upsets me that they cant count, and have whacky bowl scenarios

Phil C
12-05-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by sahen

Unfortunately it has happened sahen. I may be off on my years but after the 1979 season when Oklahoma had beaten Nebraska the Orange Bowl picked those two teams to play in it's New Year's Bowl. And in the 1950s LSU had beaten Mississippi in the regular season and both teams played in the same bowl game even though I don't remember which one. In the rematches the losers won. I am sure there are others too. I never was one to like rematches in bowls even when it would have benefited Texas.

sahen
12-05-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Unfortunately it has happened sahen. I may be off on my years but after the 1979 season when Oklahoma had beaten Nebraska the Orange Bowl picked those two teams to play in it's New Year's Bowl. And in the 1950s LSU had beaten Mississippi in the regular season and both teams played in the same bowl game even though I don't remember which one. In the rematches the losers won. I am sure there are others too. I never was one to like rematches in bowls even when it would have benefited Texas.

well both of those were before i was alive....im just saying with the current contracts of the bowls and all it is almost impossible to have that happen...

raider red 2000
12-05-2004, 09:12 PM
i think that a few years ago florida and florida had a rematch for the nat'l championship. it was when wuerfel (sp) was at florida. i believe it was the year that stoops went to florida from K-state. 1 year after nebraska thumped florida in the national championship game.

i dont think that tech will get thumed....can cal stop them?

sahen
12-05-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i think that a few years ago florida and florida had a rematch for the nat'l championship. it was when wuerfel (sp) was at florida. i believe it was the year that stoops went to florida from K-state. 1 year after nebraska thumped florida in the national championship game.

i dont think that tech will get thumed....can cal stop them?

they werent in the same conference at that time it was
Florida (SEC)
Florida St. (ACC)
Miami (Big East)

still Florida is in a different conference (SEC) than Miami and Florida State (ACC)....i know there can be a rematch in a bowl game, just unlikely for it to be a conference foe...

sahen
12-05-2004, 09:23 PM
also i was thinking....the Pac 10 if they dont want to get "overlooked" again they should win their games....if they get beat or thumped by both OU and Tech well then they got what they deserved...im not saying that will happen, but i wouldnt be surprised...who knows though, bowls r sometimes crazzy games...

Bulldog_12
12-05-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by lepfan

Personally, I like Auburn over OU. To me, they seem to be a more complete team than OU. The fact that they went out and beat Tennesee by 10, and OU went out and beat CU (who is in no way as good as Tennesee) makes me wonder why Auburn wouldn't get the nod. I think the SEC is a LOT tougher than the Big XII, but this is just my opinion. Maybe they will split the decision AGAIN after USC and Auburn win by HUGE margins.

NSUTrumpet08
12-05-2004, 09:46 PM
I was hoping that UCLA would knock off USC but i guess it was never meant to be and OU just killed Colorado. I don't like USC or OU but i can't pick one to win...i hope they both lose or become co-champions...like that will happen!!! Ummm...i'll go with USC to win.

big daddy russ
12-06-2004, 02:28 AM
Guys, I'm rooting against just about every major Texas school from here on out. Here's to UT and A&M losing and OU squeaking out a sloppy win against USC. Maybe then Auburn will get an AP title.

JasperDog94
12-06-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Guys, I'm rooting against just about every major Texas school from here on out. Here's to UT and A&M losing and OU squeaking out a sloppy win against USC. Maybe then Auburn will get an AP title. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Bulldog_12
12-06-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Guys, I'm rooting against just about every major Texas school from here on out. Here's to UT and A&M losing and OU squeaking out a sloppy win against USC. Maybe then Auburn will get an AP title.

Why Texas teams????? OU is the one that stole Auburns spot. Personally, I don't know why OU is there and Auburn isn't. The BCS is crap.

Panther Ross
12-06-2004, 11:20 AM
I think OU earned. Maybe not, but who cares because it makes the Big 12 look better.