PDA

View Full Version : Hillsboro 0-3

w_rob
09-24-2002, 10:26 AM
Can someone help me out here. I see Hillsboro is 0-3 but all I can find on the team is how good thay are. I know thay have a good RB in Richuel Massey. Are the team's thay have played really that good or is there something with this team that I don't see?

Matthew328
09-24-2002, 11:01 AM
I think they are lacking in a few important categories...mainly heart..from all indications they just don't have much of it...they lost to a Top 2A in McGregor 33-18...a mediocre 4A in Taylor 10-9 and a good 3A in Wilmer-Hutchins 47-34....they are still dangerous becuase they have talent..

this is the way we ball
09-24-2002, 02:02 PM
They have a new coach and new coordinators....It will take a little time for the kids to get used to their way of doing things... They had better hurry because they have Gatesville next.... Looks like they may be rebounding from 0-4. Good luck Eagles.

Swarm 51
09-25-2002, 12:45 AM
Massey's younger brother, a sophomore, saw playing time at Q/B last week against Wilmer-Hutchins. I understand he has lightning quick speed, but am sure the Hornet defense will be ready. Should be a good game.

Fly Boy
09-25-2002, 09:23 AM
matthew328,
The Hillsboro team that are lacking a few as you say "categories" played a Taylor team that scored 42 points on a team Rockdale that you said was a great team after they beat Elgin. What you need to do is stop stridling the fence and make up your mind, even if this is your web-page. The combined record of the teams they played is 8 & 1. Also please define the term Categories in football.

Titans
09-25-2002, 10:53 AM
Hillsboro had a good year last year, but lost their coach, which could loosen the chemistry of their team. I subscribe to the DMN and see the stats for their games. While their running game is stout, their passing game is essentially non-existent.

They are in tough, tough district and might just be left behind. I'd say Friday is pivotal. If they lose, could be a quick end to a season for a good ball team.

chris02
09-25-2002, 11:06 AM
i'm anxious to see how hillsboro does in district & their game this weekend should pretty well show how they'll do. the high school i went to is in this district so i know parts of it have always been extremely competetive and have had a number of great teams for a while. guess we'll see what happens.

AAAfan
09-25-2002, 11:31 AM
I think Matthew328 touched on a key issue when he mentioned that the Hillsboro team is not playing with much heart. I think it is easy to get down on this team simply because the expectations were so high at the start of the season. As an observer of their games, I can honestly say they have been in every game they have played (except the second half of the McGregor game). Lets keep their 0-3 start in perspective as they have played a very tough nondistrict schedule. If the team can overcome some early adversity and perform on offense and defense like they are capable of doing, then I think this team will come back strong in district.

I think their first district game with Gatesville will be a tough challenge as Gatesville has a very good football team. Hillsboro's offense did show signs of life against a very tough Wilmer-Hutchins defense. If Hillsboro's defense can plug a few holes, then they might be able to upset Gatesville. That being said, I think it will be very hard for Hillsboro to shut down Gateville's well balanced offense. Hillsboro has not played to their potential this year. Hopefully the adjustments will be made and they will get back on the winning track. It is way too early to write this season off, even if they lose to Gatesville.

[This message has been edited by AAAfan (edited September 25, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by AAAfan (edited September 25, 2002).]

Matthew328
09-26-2002, 08:47 AM
I think a totally overrated Rockdale on their win over Elgin...Taylor is an ok team but not all that good...in my opinion Hillsboro is very talented but something is missing..In my opinion as a team they lack heart..there are a couple of player who from my observations and others as well..that just don't like to get hit..and as soon as they get hit hard they fold up...trust me I don' straddle any fence..Hillsboro is quite talented but they just don't seem to have the intangibles..ie: heart, playing smart, not turning the ball over, being tough...I could give more categories if you wish..

this is the way we ball
09-26-2002, 09:14 AM
Is Massey a team leader??? I can't imagine if he got in some of his teammates faces that they wouldn't respond... He needs to step it up.. His performance is not enough.. He has to raise up the performance of those around him... I don't know the kid personally, but maybe he is reading his own press...

There is no I in TEAM

w_rob
09-27-2002, 08:39 AM
Thank you all. I hope that the game tonight is a good one. It sounds like it will be a test for both team's in 17-3A opener. I still will have to go with my Hornet's tonight. Can someone tell me how to get to the stadium in Hillsboro?

Titans
09-27-2002, 11:42 AM
Take I-35 north and exit left when it says "Hillsboro". This will lead directly to the field.