Tiny
12-05-2004, 12:01 PM
3:00 Saturday Kyle Field LH visitors.

spiveyrat
12-05-2004, 12:02 PM
GOOOOO Bulldogs!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

beefy
12-05-2004, 12:47 PM
I would love to put my vote on the Liberty Hill side, but I've seen both for 3 years now and I've got to go with the Bulldogs. LH is a great team and nobody can take what they've done away from them. However, facts are facts and unless Jasper comes undone with turnovers and penalties, they win this one and play for the title. I don't rule out any surprises, but reality rules. Play hard LH I will be rooting for you to pull the upset.

Tiny
12-05-2004, 01:52 PM
That is the Plan!!!!!!!!!!!! But I don't think it would be all that big of an upset.

HighSchool Fan
12-05-2004, 01:56 PM
However, facts are facts

So what are the facts? Thats a generic statement. Give us something.

LH will run the ball and control the clock. LH will roll.

CHS_CG
12-05-2004, 02:03 PM
Yall are goin to LOVE the parkin at Kyle.... I know a place to park then you have to hike it alil bit.. but heck.. i would love to hike rather then drive around the place for ever lol.

pantherpop
12-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Jasper all the way. Ought to be a good game but I think Jaspers defense will set the tone and the offense will do more than enough to advance to the title game. I'm pullin for dem dogs.

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by pantherpop
Jasper all the way. Ought to be a good game but I think Jaspers defense will set the tone and the offense will do more than enough to advance to the title game. I'm pullin for dem dogs.

:weeping: :weeping: This, after all the times I rooted for the Liberty Panthers. I feel soooo used. j/k :D

pantherpop
12-05-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:weeping: :weeping: This, after all the times I rooted for the Liberty Panthers. I feel soooo used. j/k :D
I just knew I would hear this. Sorry Mom but I've got to back our area and Jasper really put a whippin on us. However if you guys win then I'm behind you the rest of the way. I will say this though, my 8th grade son is pulling for LH, he keeps up with your team pretty good and says you have the coolest looking uniforms. I'm hoping this will make up for my backing Jasper!!!!

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2004, 02:57 PM
Don't worry, Pantherpop. I completely understand about supporting your area. :) Yes, your 8th grader helps make up for it. :D Hmmm, maybe in 2-3 years our 8th graders will have a chance at meeting up on the field.

NSUTrumpet08
12-05-2004, 03:50 PM
yay! Go Dawgs!!! Hope to be at the game! This would be Jasper's 3rd straight year to play in Kyle Field in the playoffs!

JasperDog94
12-05-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by NSUTrumpet08
yay! Go Dawgs!!! Hope to be at the game! This would be Jasper's 3rd straight year to play in Kyle Field in the playoffs! Third time's a charm, anyone?:D

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Third time's a charm, anyone?:D

We choose not to find out & avoid Seguin like the plague. ;)

Hupernikomen
12-05-2004, 04:05 PM
is seguin a bad place for LH?

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2004, 04:17 PM
It has been the two times we've played there. And, honestly, I know that 99% of the time a field has absolutely nothing to do with wins or losses. But, when your season ends two years in a row at the same field, you feel like it might have a little curse on it for you.

HBfan
12-05-2004, 04:47 PM
well i know nothing about the jasper bulldogs. but i went to the game saturday... hville vs LH ...and wow! liberty hill is very good. they were the best running team i have seen in my whole life! they just ran the ball down the field and TD! over and over... it was really sad to see hallettsville lose, but the brahmas stuck in there and never gave up. anyway, i hope the panthers go all the way! im rootin for them!!

Go PaNtHeRs! :D :clap:

Bulldog_12
12-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Im so glad that the game is going to be right next door to me. I really hope that we reverse the curse of Kyle and take this. I will definately say that Jasper looked amazing yesterday. Maybe it's just the fact that I haven't seen them as much in person this year, but they came out and really impressed me. They shut down Tank and I think that will carry over to hold that rushing attack of LH. I take Jasper by 2 TD's and the Curse of Kyle is no more!

jdog93
12-05-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Third time's a charm, anyone?:D

Third time is a charm. Jasper should win this year.
GO Dawgs:D

AggieBob
12-05-2004, 05:51 PM
YAY! I didnt think id be able to go to this game cause of finals..BUT ITS IN AGGIELAND! Im so happy....GO CATS!:D :inlove: :D :cheerl: :thumbsup:

20dawgz05
12-05-2004, 06:11 PM
WELL.... i hate to say it liberty hill.... BUT ima have to go for Jasper they have almost made it for the past 2 years.... and personaly i think deserve it this year.... they almost beat us last year and now its their year to get it... GO BULLDOGS!!!!.... go get ya some rings!!!!

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Turncoat! :p :D

SaxinFreak86
12-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Heh, I'm going to sound totally stupid saying this but...
Kyle Statium????
I'm not sure I know that place. Where is it?

....see, heh, Sounds stupid of me huh? But I honestly don't have any bells ringing.

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2004, 11:22 PM
Aggie field ring any bells? ;)

Chris Hart
12-05-2004, 11:23 PM
Turncoat! :p :D Well LH Panther Mom, I think all the rest of us Burnet guys and gals are pulling for the Panthers. My bro Will Byerly is no longer playing for Jasper, and is currently living here in Burnet, and even made our playoff game against Kerrville tivy, sporting Kelly Green. So, I no longer have ties to Jasper, my mom is also now living in Silver Creek. They decided to get out of the piney woods and move over to Gods country. I'm backing the Panthers all the way. But, The boys in purple better be ready to play their best game of the year!:)

Hupernikomen
12-05-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Well LH Panther Mom, I think all the rest of us Burnet guys and gals are pulling for the Panthers. My bro Will Byerly is no longer playing for Jasper, and is currently living here in Burnet, and even made our playoff game against Kerrville tivy, sporting Kelly Green. So, I no longer have ties to Jasper, my mom is also now living in Silver Creek. They decided to get out of the piney woods and move over to Gods country. I'm backing the Panthers all the way. But, The boys in purple better be ready to play their best game of the year!:)

Didn't know byerly was your brother and sorry to hear you aren't a true Jasper fan...we never stop routing for the dogs no matter where we live, but I certainly understand that you cheer for the teams in your area.

SaxinFreak86
12-05-2004, 11:43 PM
Aggie field ring any bells? ;)

Really!?!? I've never been there!
Actually, I didn't even know that it was called Kyle Statium, heh.
Goes to show you how much I pay attention, huh. lol

Anyways, THAT IS AWESOME!!! I've never been there! This is going to be a GREAT game!! (I get to march in a college statium,
:D)
The guys in purple are gonna have to be putting their best on the field, b/c Jasper is really good. I've had the pleasure of seeing them play a couple of times, and was impressed each time.
But I think if the guys keep their heads clear and stay focused, I think we can win!! But, I think it will be close.
I do want Panthers to win, obviously.
None the less, G'Luck to BOTH sides.

Oh, I want to say that I was really impressed with Halletsville! They had a good passing game, which we lack in. And one of your running backs was FAST!!! Very impressive! And you all are great sports! I hope to see you guys next year, I'll be rooting for you during your regular season!
Oh, and GO BRAHMAS BAND!! Great job playing!! It was fun!

Chris Hart
12-05-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Didn't know byerly was your brother and sorry to hear you aren't a true Jasper fan...we never stop routing for the dogs no matter where we live, but I certainly understand that you cheer for the teams in your area. I've rooted for you guys all the way up until this one, but The Panthers are 20 miles away, and from our old 3A district, so I'm pullin for them. If yall win, I'll be pullin for yall in the final. I think you knew I wasn't a 'true' Jasper fan though. I am a true Burnet fan! Good luck to Jasper as well!:)

j_dog
12-05-2004, 11:52 PM
Well LH Panther Mom, I think all the rest of us Burnet guys and gals are pulling for the Panthers. My bro Will Byerly is no longer playing for Jasper, and is currently living here in Burnet, and even made our playoff game against Kerrville tivy, sporting Kelly Green. So, I no longer have ties to Jasper, my mom is also now living in Silver Creek. They decided to get out of the piney woods and move over to Gods country. I'm backing the Panthers all the way. But, The boys in purple better be ready to play their best game of the year!:)
Chris, are you going back on your prediction at the beginning of the year that Jasper would win state? :D I thought you really meant it. :(

I guess we'll have to try to do it without you! ;)

p.s. Is it okay if I still pull for Burnet in their games even though I don't have anyone living there? :)

Chris Hart
12-05-2004, 11:58 PM
I never made a prediction on this game, lol. If my prediction holds true about jasper winning state, it won't come as a surprise to me. I knew if they went Div II, they would wreck. But, Liberty Hill is a scrappy little team, and they won't go away without putting up a fight. I'm glad you root for Burnet(even though you don't have anyone living here), lol. I've rooted for yall in every game this year, but I have to draw the line here. The Liberty Hill fans made our playoff games after they were eliminated the last two years and cheered for us, and you reap what you sow. I WILL be pullin for the winner of this game to take state. Good luck to both teams, and may it be an awesome game!:)

gobblerfan02
12-06-2004, 12:01 AM
Go Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTHO the Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!

j_dog
12-06-2004, 12:07 AM
...., and may it be an awesome game!:)
Regardless who wins, I think it will be an awesome game! Semi-final games are awesome in themselves! :)

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2004, 12:14 AM
Ditto, J Dog.

gobblerfan02
12-06-2004, 12:17 AM
"(ditto)...lol:D

Jody
12-06-2004, 07:12 AM
The curse is on! Go Liberty Hill! Run the ball and control the clock and State will be yours.

olddawggreen
12-06-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Tiny
3:00 Saturday Kyle Field LH visitors.

Wow, this will be the first time Ive ever sat on the visitor side at Kyle. Hope the view from the visitor's side is better than it has been for the last couple of years:D

crimson blood
12-06-2004, 09:50 AM
jasper is very good and im sure lh is also. i was there many years ago
however from the scores i have seen lh has a kicker for pat's and not to dis my old alma mater but da dogs dont. sadly i think that may be the diff in the game

Hupernikomen
12-06-2004, 10:37 AM
yeah the dogs kicking situation is helter skelter...sometimes we make it sometimes we don't...sometimes we don't try to make it cause we don't try to kick it to make it cause we run it instead...either way I am hoping we get a lot of opportunities to decided whether to try to make it or try not to make it because we are running it instead...:D

Astrosdawg07
12-06-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by crimson blood
jasper is very good and im sure lh is also. i was there many years ago
however from the scores i have seen lh has a kicker for pat's and not to dis my old alma mater but da dogs dont. sadly i think that may be the diff in the game

Hey Padgett was 2-4 that's is good for him!!!

crimson blood
12-06-2004, 02:08 PM
seriously,
what does it take to put a 17 yard kicker on the field? jasper has had almost exactly 1 in the past 30 years:confused:

Hupernikomen
12-06-2004, 02:11 PM
terrence watts could do it....I dunno lot of HS teams struggle with extra points. It isn't because Jasper doesn't work on it. For whatever reason they just stink at it. Maybe they need to start recruiting off of the soccer team or something.

LHMom
12-07-2004, 12:06 AM
I never made a prediction on this game, lol. If my prediction holds true about jasper winning state, it won't come as a surprise to me. I knew if they went Div II, they would wreck. But, Liberty Hill is a scrappy little team, and they won't go away without putting up a fight. I'm glad you root for Burnet(even though you don't have anyone living here), lol. I've rooted for yall in every game this year, but I have to draw the line here. The Liberty Hill fans made our playoff games after they were eliminated the last two years and cheered for us, and you reap what you sow. I WILL be pullin for the winner of this game to take state. Good luck to both teams, and may it be an awesome game!:)

Thanks, Chris! You gonna make the game???!!

Chris Hart
12-07-2004, 12:49 AM
Yes, I will be at this one for sure. I've already made a promise to myself that NOTHING is going to get in the way this week. I'll be there pullin for the purple Panthers!:)

LHMom
12-08-2004, 12:07 AM
Super!! Well, look for me. I told LHPM I'll try to do the meet & greet if inside the stadium, before the game... but I'm a psychotic basket case by game time. Anway, if I don't catch you at the meet and greet - just look for me on the 50 yard line, occasionally holding a "We love #44" sign, right next to the folks holding a sign for #12 (Kociuba) and for #7 (Escamilla.) We're a tight group!

Hope to see/meet you there!

2004 THE YEAR OF THE CAT
BUILDING THE TRADITION

AggieJohn
12-08-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Yall are goin to LOVE the parkin at Kyle.... I know a place to park then you have to hike it alil bit.. but heck.. i would love to hike rather then drive around the place for ever lol.

good thing i don't have to move my car for this weekend's football game

unlike the other six weekends

stupid A&M Trans Services