PDA

View Full Version : 3A Player of Year Nominees - A Joke!

Hal I. Tosis
12-11-2003, 01:51 PM
While all the players nominated are very good players, it is still a political contest. There is no way ANY player in the state has the all-around stats that Michael Spears of Rice Cons. Led his team to 11-3 record. Bets in school history. Rushed for 1,732 yards on only 170 carries (10.1 avg) and 25 touchdowns. Led team in receptions and yards (25-496, 4 TDs). Led team in punt returns, kickoff returns as well. But the biggest reason he stands alone is that he led the state in interceptions with 12! By the way, was told he also threw 4-5 halfback passes and was third on the team in that category as well. If any one player can match or surpass these stats on both sides of the ball, then that person deserves the 3A player of the Year. IMO!

rholl
12-11-2003, 02:37 PM
where are the POY candidates?

Hal I. Tosis
12-11-2003, 02:46 PM
On the line above this post

Crow22
12-11-2003, 03:18 PM
I agree Hal...

Spears is incredible. I've never seen a quicker kid in my life. He makes moves that the human body wasn't meant to make.....

Huffman, who led the team with over 1,800 yards this year should get some pub for next season's pre-season lists. He's a baaaaaddddd man.

CheerMom
12-11-2003, 03:20 PM
Ditto, Crow!!!

Bull's-eye
12-11-2003, 06:25 PM
I agree that this is political. Looks like they took players from the top rank teams, with the exception of Crew, who had over 2200 yards rushing. Huffman, only a jr., was the best back that I watched all year. Chris Smith of Navasota, was also very good. Bellville's QB is the returning MVP of district 23aaa and should be the favorite to win it this year. Don't know how they came up with these players, but there are some very deserving players that were excluded.

<small>[ December 11, 2003, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Bull's-eye ]</small>

Bestdamsportsshowperiod
12-12-2003, 06:42 PM
you people need to calm down. what happen to Spears the night they were playing for the district championship against Wharton. Spears was a non-factor. That boy didnt show anything special. Wharton has about 5 players with that ability. So does Jasper or Burnet. you people are going overboard. For one thing, all you Rice fans your AD needs to quit scheduling 2A schools in your predistrict schedule. Thats what padded Spears stats. Look at winning programs like Bay City, do they have all these killer stats for one or two players. Hell no. They are in the championship game this Saturday aren't they? Spears is a good player but to say he is the State 3A MVP is ludicrous? BYE

espn1
12-12-2003, 07:19 PM
Jordan Shipley wins this hands down! When you have a player that can break all time State Records, then check back in. Until then, adios!

CheerMom
12-12-2003, 09:12 PM
bestdamnsportsshowperiod, for your info. the only 2a school that we played in predistrict was East Bernard. The other teams that we played were Sinton(made playoffs), Cuero(made playoffs), Bellville(made playoffs) and Columbus. If Mike padded his stats by playing these schools well I think that speaks in itself of his talent.

Bestdamsportsshowperiod
12-13-2003, 11:54 AM
Well Cheermom guess what? Spears didnt even win the MVP for District 28-3A. Terrel Lee from Palacios won the MVP award. Spears is a great player but to say MVP for all of 3A football, i cant agree with that.

Keith7
12-13-2003, 01:13 PM
espn1:
Jordan Shipley wins this hands down! When you have a player that can break all time State Records, then check back in. Until then, adios!I agree.. when u have a player that can dominate on every side of the ball (offense, defense, and special teams) then he should be Player of the year..

Although Terrius Purvey would be a nice nominee too

bhillfan
12-13-2003, 03:44 PM
if 12 is the number of intercetions for leading then he isnt leading but tied, Bryan Penn from Barbers hill had 11 in district play and picked up one more in a playoff game so he ended with 12 int also