PDA

View Full Version : Astrodome HS Scores

Old Cardinal
12-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Newton 49 Brookshire Royal 12-- for 2A Division I semifinal. They will play Crawford for the Championship....

Also, Westgate 28 Converse Judson 12 5A Division II

Two big wins for Region III over Region IV

It was obvious that Newton had scrimmaged two 3As and played 3As in postseason--while B.-R. had never been behind this year while playing only 2A teams!

KTJ
12-04-2004, 11:09 PM
Westgate?

I think you possibly mean Spring Westfield.

LWFH
12-04-2004, 11:11 PM
Hey, Old Card, long time no see. We met last year at the Newton - Marlin playoff game.

Anyway, it was Spring Westfield that beat Judson. But you are right, it was a good day for Region III, and some good ball in the 'Dome. Sure wish I coulda been there.

Backwoods
12-04-2004, 11:22 PM
Wrong again Old Card. Newton plays Boyd for the title. not Crawford. But you got the score right.

Goldenstick
12-04-2004, 11:38 PM
I saw where Henrietta beat Boyd 7-6. Newton was supposed to play the winner of that game

LWFH
12-04-2004, 11:42 PM
The last score I saw was Boyd 32 - Henrietta 22, it was reported as a final score.

Newton will play the winner of that game at Waco ISD stadium next week.

Old Cardinal
12-04-2004, 11:45 PM
Sorry I said Westgate instead of Westfield...and I was at the game--boy this getting old causes a lot of problems LOL. Where will Newton play next? I heard at the Dome- it was "Crawford", guess that was wrong....Seeing Newton play tonight, I would say they are looking very strong!

To LWFH: Good to here from you. Yes, I remember our chance meeting at a Newton playoff game when we sat and enjoyed a game together. You would have love that game tonight, Newton played very well.

Bull's-eye
12-04-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
It was obvious that Newton had scrimmaged two 3As and played 3As in postseason--while B.-R. had never been behind this year while playing only 2A teams! Brookshire defeated 3 teams from class 3A this year. Newton did a great job of stopping Brookshire's running game. Their defense stacked the box with the deep safety playing about 5 yards off the line of scrimmage. Brookshire's coaches kept trying to run the ball, when they should of been passing or using play-action type plays. Newton's offensive line easily won the war in the trenches, opening holes for many big runs.

Spring Westfield won the second game 28-14 over Converse Judson.

LWFH
12-04-2004, 11:47 PM
I spoke to one of the Newton coaches after the game and he said the championship game will be played at the Waco ISD stadium.

LWFH
12-04-2004, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the analysis, Bull's-eye. I was getting updates via phone throughout both games, but just scores and big play highlights. Sure wish I could have been there! Did you watch the Spring Westfield - Converse Judson game as well?

Old Cardinal
12-05-2004, 12:14 AM
Yes I watched the WestFIELD vs Judson game after the Newton game. That was two good teams but the Spring team had more speed and spunk on this particular day. Westfield looks hard to beat.

Goldenstick
12-05-2004, 12:25 AM
I can't believe that PA Memorial beat Westfield. PAM should have done more this post season

Bull's-eye
12-05-2004, 12:31 AM
Yes, I got to see both games in the Dome. Westfield and Judson started off with both teams playing great defense. Westfield score 3 TD's in the second QTR, helped by a long punt return and a INT for a touchdown. Westfield opened the 3rd QTR with a nice 4 minute TD drive to make the score 28-0. Judson started using a quick huddle and found some success running the ball. They scored on a long TD run late in the 3rd QTR and then came back with another score in the 4th QTR. Judson, a primary running team, lacked the passing offense needed to play catch-up. They did manage the 2 scores, but used alot of clock running the ball.

Bull's-eye
12-05-2004, 12:44 AM
One thing I noticed was a Newton player listed as an 8th grader. I'm sure that this was a error in my program, but is this even possible?:thinking:

LWFH
12-05-2004, 12:55 AM
Don't know if an 8th grader can play or not. I knew a kid in Louisiana that played six years of varsity basketball (7th - 12th grades), but don't know if you can do anything like that in Texas. I'l ask one of the Newton coaches about it tomorrow.

Port_town_texas
12-05-2004, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Goldenstick
I can't believe that PA Memorial beat Westfield. PAM should have done more this post season Tell the coaches that came up with the game plan against Lamar that.:( :(

Buckeye80
12-05-2004, 10:01 AM
Spring Westfield vs. Tyler Lee for the title.

GO RAIDERS!!!! Bring it home to Tyler men!