PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer vs Snyder at Texas Stadium

Buckeyeman
12-04-2004, 09:51 PM
I just read on Smoakey.com that the Gilmer/Snyder game will be played at Texas Stadium at 7:30 on Saturday.
They say it's official.

wildstangs
12-04-2004, 09:59 PM
I saw where Gilmer scored 60 points today! Tigers are going to have to play mistake free again. Go Tigers!

Buckeyeman
12-04-2004, 10:00 PM
Gilmer had around 650 total yards for the game.

westTXbest
12-04-2004, 10:20 PM
i think wylie will do okay but gilmer may be too much for snyder if they r a team like dangerfield was in 2002.

D-GOOD
12-04-2004, 11:05 PM
I heard Iowa Park and Sweetwater was to much for Snyder and they are still around, there D has allowed 7, 13,7, and 20 points in the playoffs against some high powered offenses with speed especially Sweetwater so I doubt anyone has to much for the Tigers. It will come down to turnovers and execution from both teams.

lobo dad
12-04-2004, 11:58 PM
I agree with D-Good, Snyder is playing some great defense. They are the only team to hold Sweetwater under 30 points in the playoffs, and that is one d@%# fast team.

pirate4state
12-05-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Buckeyeman
Gilmer had around 650 total yards for the game. :eek: GEEZ!! :eek:

Old No. 7
12-05-2004, 02:13 AM
I'll have to go with Gilmer in this one. I hate I missed the last game. Everyone in the stands were talking about it. Sounded like history in the making.

7Rollin High
12-05-2004, 02:28 AM
I dont think that anyone is too much for Snyders D.... im goin to have to go with the Tigers on this one

Ranger Mom
12-05-2004, 09:46 AM
This game is up in the air with me...all I know about Gilmer is what I read on here. I'm hoping for a Snyder win though!

I have seen Snyder play 4 times this year (two times againt us) - they just seem to get better and better each week.

Buckeye80
12-05-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by D-GOOD
there D has allowed 7, 13,7, and 20 points in the playoffs against some high powered offenses with speed

We're gonna' score more than 20. I can almost guarantee you that.
Dallas Madison had not given up more than 21 in a game this season. Gilmer 45 Madison 21

Tatum hadn't given up more than 27 this year.
Gilmer 60 Tatum 35

Tatum and Madison aren't Snyder, and the Snyder defense may be playing incredible in the playoffs. But unless they have a defense like Atlanta had last year (tell me honestly Z-Motion), the points are going up on our side of the scoreboard. I just don't think the Snyder defense has seen anything like what's coming at them on Saturday. I may be wrong, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Black_Magic
12-05-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Dallas Madison had not given up more than 21 in a game this season. Gilmer 45 Madison 21

Gilmer 60 Tatum 35

Tatum and Madison aren't Snyder, and the Snyder defense may be playing incredible in the playoffs. But unless they have a defense like Atlanta had last year (tell me honestly Z-Motion), the points are going up on our side of the scoreboard. I just don't think the Snyder defense has seen anything like what's coming at them on Saturday. I may be wrong, but we'll just have to wait and see. Just maybe we can talk our self in to a victory. I dont think so but maybe im wrong. Or maybe it will turn out on the field the way it will anyway no matter what we say or how much we reasure our self. These team play two different type of game. one is a smash mouth team with a RB with over 2300 yards and one is a team with a good QB and recievers who pile up points. at this point in the game its anyones. I dont see a beheemuth in the playoffs anymore. now it comes down to who wants it the most and who prepares.

D-GOOD
12-05-2004, 11:36 AM
Buckeye, I didnt say yall wasnt going to score more than 20, I was replying to whoever said Gilmer was to much for Snyder. We have heard that for a few weeks now and thats fine, our boys keep proving people wrong. The score might be in the fifties because when our offense is clicking there hard to stop. I hope people keep picking against us, that way East Texas will believe the hype and we wrestle another shot away from someone else.

Buckeye80
12-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Just maybe we can talk our self in to a victory.

So let's re-read this.

Gilmer 60 Tatum 35

Tatum and Madison aren't Snyder, and the Snyder defense may be playing incredible in the playoffs. But unless they have a defense like Atlanta had last year (tell me honestly Z-Motion), the points are going up on our side of the scoreboard. I just don't think the Snyder defense has seen anything like what's coming at them on Saturday. I may be wrong, but we'll just have to wait and see.
At what point did I predict a Gilmer victory. The discussion was the number of points to be scored, and I believe with all certainty that Gilmer will put more than 20 points on Snyder, probably before halftime. Can Snyder score on Gilmer's defense? Absolutely! Tatum just put up 35 on us. My whole point is that it may come down to the Snyder "O" vs. the Gilmer "D".;)

Olddawgfan
12-05-2004, 12:59 PM
With all of that said, remember the talk about Decatur's high powered offense and look what Wylie did? Good Luck Snyder!

Buckeye80
12-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Olddawgfan
With all of that said, remember the talk about Decatur's high powered offense and look what Wylie did? Good Luck Snyder!

And I have felt all year that Gilmer has an offense equal to, if not better than Decatur. If you look at offense, strictly as, we're gonna' line up, run over you, and make you like it, then you give credit to programs like Jasper and Cuero. But as balanced offenses go, Gilmer and Liberty Hill, IMHO, are the best offenses in the state. I honestly don't think Gilmer will have a problem winning against Snyder as long as we hold on to the ball.
Our run defense is alot more solid this year. Yes, we allowed 403 total yards of offense to Tatum. But, if I were Snyder, I wouldn't look for too much solice in that. Stephen Hodge is an anomaly! You don't run into athletes like him on a regular basis.
I can't make a prediction on this one though, because I just don't know enough about Snyder. I definitely think Gilmer wins though!

stateboundWR#5
12-05-2004, 01:29 PM
ok buckeye... we are gonna let you think what you wish, i completely understand that you are a homer and all, but our defense held sweetwater, and i know that you dont know much about them, but they have one of the fastest backfields in the state. they have at least four backs that i am guessing run under a 4.6, not to mention their qb, and he isnt exactly slow. i'm sure that one of the sweetwater kids could tell you just how quick they are. but you have your opinion about your team and we have ours, and the better team will win on saturday regardless... GO TIGERS!

Buckeye80
12-05-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by stateboundWR#5
and the better team will win on saturday regardless... GO TIGERS!

And thank God they will! Go Buckeyes!!

Ranger Mom
12-05-2004, 02:25 PM
This weeks posts should be SO FUN!!!

Snyder_TigerFan
12-05-2004, 02:37 PM
After looking at Gilmer's record, they have not play very many good teams. Tatum was the best team that they had played so far. According to texasfootballratings.com, their strength of schedule is #114 in the state, and Snyder's is #15 in the state. So it's safe to say that Gilmer has not faced a team as good as the Tigers all year.

DragonEagle01
12-05-2004, 02:48 PM
Gilmer looks awesomeright now i dont see them being stoped so i say Gilmer wins this one

stateboundWR#5
12-05-2004, 02:48 PM
nice call tiger fan!

D-GOOD
12-05-2004, 04:16 PM
Hey Buckeye 80, Gilmer will have a problem beating Snyder even if they hold on to the ball or not. The only way yall can stop there offense is if they stop themselves. It seems like most of the Gilmer people seem to think they are already going to be playing for the state championship. Thats alright because you can ask people from Iowa Park, and Sweetwater; Snyder will come to play and if yall want any piece of the state championship game, then yall will have to watch it from the stands next week.

7Rollin High
12-05-2004, 04:44 PM
Although im sure that Stephen Hodge may be a very talented athlete.... i just dont think Gilmer has seen a RB like Dee Walker or an "O" line like the tigers have. Just to add to that Snyder also has an outstanding "D" to go along with that Offense! Go SNYDER

stateboundWR#5
12-06-2004, 10:20 AM
all this talk is useless... bragging doesn't win football games, the team that has been prepared the best will win, in turn the winner will be the better team! there isnt going to be a blowout, its to late in the season, this game will be hard fought, thats all there is to it. i'm sure most would agree.

mustang04
12-06-2004, 11:15 AM
ok buckeye... we are gonna let you think what you wish, i completely understand that you are a homer and all, but our defense held sweetwater, and i know that you dont know much about them, but they have one of the fastest backfields in the state. they have at least four backs that i am guessing run under a 4.6, not to mention their qb, and he isnt exactly slow. i'm sure that one of the sweetwater kids could tell you just how quick they are. but you have your opinion about your team and we have ours, and the better team will win on saturday regardless... GO TIGERS!

TRUE THAT! but just a correction..change the 4.6 to 4.4, if it was 4.6, we'd have about 5-6 runningbacks and a QB that runs that....thats how much speed is back there...hey snyder posters, what did yall think of our fullback Alan Copeland...pretty dang fast huh, and he's friggin stout

Manck
12-06-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
TRUE THAT! but just a correction..change the 4.6 to 4.4, if it was 4.6, we'd have about 5-6 runningbacks and a QB that runs that....thats how much speed is back there...hey snyder posters, what did yall think of our fullback Alan Copeland...pretty dang fast huh, and he's friggin stout

The faster they run into that brick wall of linebackers, the more it's gonna hurt when they get popped in the mouth. All that this type of running game will do is deflate Gilmer's numbers a little. They'll still win.

What happened to Paul McGuire and the speed/misdirection running game of Pleasant Grove in Round 1? DeMario Thomas and Spring Hill's power running in Round 2? The track team in football pads from Madison in Round 3? One of the best 3A athletes there is in Stephen Hodge and the rest of the VERY talented Tatum Eagles in the Region Finals?

They all lost, and Spring Hill was the only one that kept it close into the 4th. I don't know if y'all realize that people in East Texas know how to grow them big and run the ball all night too. There's not much you're going to show Gilmer that they haven't seen AND beaten.

Bring it.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-06-2004, 01:32 PM
I haven't seen Gilmer play this year. But I have been following them. Similar to the Decatur story and the Wylie story. They almost made it last year. Fell to Atlanta, who had athletes like I haven't seen before (8 scholarshiped to play college ball). I don't think that Snyder has the athletes like that of Atlanta last year. But that was last year. What Snyder has to do is control the ball and keep it out of the hands of Gilmer's offense attack. Very similar to what Wylie did to Decatur. They will have to put pressure on him without getting burned. That is hard to do by the way. This does play into Snyder's hands because they are a ball control run oriented offense. Dee Walker is a very good running back. He is quick to the outside and very strong between the tackles. I read (maybe on here) that he benches over 300 and weighs 185. That is strong! They will also run their FB plenty of times and throw just enough to keep you honest. The Qb will also keep it a few times with fakes to Walker or Brown (I think is his name). If a defense puts too many inside then the Tigers will throw it. Now with that being said, Snyder has played a tough regiment of games. Heck they come out of the best district in the state. They beat Wylie who is playing for a state title in DI. They are familiar with playing tough competition. Gilmer is also that tough. Should be a very good game. I'm so glad this is in Texas Stadium as I'm making my reservation now. Maybe a mirror of the Rider Aledo game last week. Went down to the wire.

Prediction: Not from me.

mustang04
12-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Manck
The faster they run into that brick wall of linebackers, the more it's gonna hurt when they get popped in the mouth. All that this type of running game will do is deflate Gilmer's numbers a little. They'll still win.

appearantly..you've never ran with the ball.... the harder u run, the less it hurts, if u tip-toe and run scared then u have more of a chance of getting 'stuck' pretty bad, sweetwater has a couple of runningbacks that prefered to purposely hit the defenders than try and run away...when ur playing like that, ur adrenaline is going and it decreases the pain of the hit

PPHSfan
12-06-2004, 02:41 PM
all this talk is useless... bragging doesn't win football games, the team that has been prepared the best will win, in turn the winner will be the better team! there isnt going to be a blowout, its to late in the season, this game will be hard fought, thats all there is to it. i'm sure most would agree.

Tell that to Marlin last year.

There is no such thing as too late in the season for a blowout.

Gilmer rolls this week. And next.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Snyder has a very good football team. Hard for me to see them getting blown out. That would have happened already with the caliber of teams thay have played.

mustang04
12-06-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Gilmer rolls this week. And next.

i doubt that....even IF they beat Snyder, they wont just 'roll' past them, Snyder will be what u call a really bad 'pothole' , not just some speedbump to what ur predicting

CRUSHER
12-06-2004, 03:46 PM

What happened to Paul McGuire and the speed/misdirection running game of Pleasant Grove in Round 1? DeMario Thomas and Spring Hill's power running in Round 2? The track team in football pads from Madison in Round 3? One of the best 3A athletes there is in Stephen Hodge and the rest of the VERY talented Tatum Eagles in the Region Finals?

They all lost, and Spring Hill was the only one that kept it close into the 4th. I don't know if y'all realize that people in East Texas know how to grow them big and run the ball all night too. There's not much you're going to show Gilmer that they haven't seen AND beaten.

Bring it.

Manik

I have watched gilmer play this year and they are good but to try and say that your linebackers are that good I don't think so. I would place them at average. Your defense has good speed and reads well. As far as Pleasant Grove I don't think they were that good this year were they. Spring Hill is not the same since Ja Mario graduated. Madison had a lot of speed but I don't think they played football very well. And Tatum you have got to have more than a one man football team to take you all the way. Good Luck to both teams!!

WestTexasTiger
12-06-2004, 03:49 PM
My I warn those of you looking past Snyder and looking to the state champsionship - it only feeds the fire. Ask Jeremy Thompson of Sweetwater when you do that, especially in the media. Snyder looks past no one and loves playing the underdaog role. So go ahead look past Snyder this week Gilmer and you could be joining Sweetwater in watching the championship game from the stands. Go TIGERS!!

Manck
12-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by CRUSHER
Manik

I have watched gilmer play this year and they are good but to try and say that your linebackers are that good I don't think so. I would place them at average. Your defense has good speed and reads well. As far as Pleasant Grove I don't think they were that good this year were they. Spring Hill is not the same since Ja Mario graduated. Madison had a lot of speed but I don't think they played football very well. And Tatum you have got to have more than a one man football team to take you all the way. Good Luck to both teams!!

I don't think you know me, but you did the one thing that pisses me off, get my name wrong. AND IT WAS TYPED!!! Are you trying to say that a linebacking corps that has more DI-A recruits than most 3A programs have TOTAL isn't that good!? You're crazy.

Gilmer wins.

mustang04
12-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by WestTexasTiger
My I warn those of you looking past Snyder and looking to the state champsionship - it only feeds the fire. Ask Jeremy Thompson of Sweetwater when you do that, especially in the media. Snyder looks past no one and loves playing the underdaog role. So go ahead look past Snyder this week Gilmer and you could be joining Sweetwater in watching the championship game from the stands. Go TIGERS!!

hey now...theres no need to be sorry about it...i am rooting for yall, so i think yall should show the same respect

D-GOOD
12-06-2004, 05:25 PM
Mustang04, I am sure I can speak for West Texas Tiger when I say that there is no disrespect for Sweetwater. I dont think there is any way Gilmer can be as fast as yall. The Gilmer fans are very confident about this game and they show it. It just urks some of the Snyder fans (or maybe just me) that they think they are the best team in Texas hands down without even seeing Snyder. If these guys are half as good as they think they are then there playing for the wrong championship, they should be playing for the college national championship. Or heck the superbowl. Snyder has a great group of linebackers, they have good running backs even though Sweetwater held them in check. So mustang04 there is no disrespect from Snyder and thanks for rooting for the Tigers like you said you would.

Hupernikomen
12-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Gilmer was fast at qb and one receiver maybe two other than that they were about as fast as a good 3A is supposed to be.

SnyTigerFan
12-06-2004, 05:43 PM
Snyder has come up against quite a few good teams lately and pretty much pulled a hat trick..in all honesty i went to the Sweetwater/Snyder game thinking "we might lose this" and look what happened..But i think everyone in Snyder, or anyone of the tiger fans are going into this game with the attitude that even though Gilmer is 14-0 that we're gonna win this game. Im going into this game with that attitude..as are the players..so gilmer should definately not underestimate the power of Snyder's O nor their defense..and in the end i'm calling it Snyder 35 Gilmer 21

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-06-2004, 06:43 PM
As far as the Gilmer players go: I'm sure they are not overlooking Snyder. They have watched film and they know that The Tigers will present a challenge. I think many of the Gilmer fans get excited about a 14-0 team that is one game from the state championship. A team that lost in the quarterfinals last year and that his hungry to get to the state game. Much like Wylie. They came so close last year and they just had the hunger for it. I'm talking fans here. I believe that all the players want it just as bad as the next one. The fans in Gilmer had high expectations and they have not been dissapointed. Because they have done so well and are undefeated they may underestimate foes that they play. That is understandable.

From a person who has no interest in the game, other than weatching a good football game, I will say that before the playoffs started I picked Gilmer to win state. (Ckeck my brackets on the DII leaderboard). I still think they have teh best shot at winning it. However, after seeing Snyder play, I'm a believer. It would not surprise me to see them beat Gilmer.

That is how good this game will be.

CRUSHER
12-06-2004, 07:15 PM
I don't think you know me, but you did the one thing that pisses me off, get my name wrong. AND IT WAS TYPED!!! Are you trying to say that a linebacking corps that has more DI-A recruits than most 3A programs have TOTAL isn't that good!? You're crazy.

Gilmer wins.

NO I DON'T KNOW YOU!! Sorry I got your name wrong I am sure YOU type perfect!! As far as the Linebackers I am just saying that they are not as good as you say they are. I have watched them play and I know you have to. The one thing I have that you don't is an unbiased opinion but that is understandable you are from Gilmer. And yes I am probably crazy just for responding to your post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ranger05
12-06-2004, 07:20 PM
gotta go for snyder in this one. everybody said greenwood couldnt beat daingerfield but we did now yall go do the same

Gilmer Buckeye
12-06-2004, 09:19 PM
I remember the 2002 Daingerfield-Greenwood semifinal game, too. Daingerfield is one of Gilmer's longtime traditional rivals. They eliminated us that season in bi-district, 36-23. They cruised after that and I am sure they were very overconfident when Greenwood shut them out. And the end for the Tigers was not pretty. It was embarrassing for that entire community.

I can guarantee you one thing. If the Buckeyes lose, and I don't think they will, but if they do, there will be no end-of-game melee with all hell breaking loose. If there is anything all opponents of the Buckeyes seem to agree on, it is that the Buckeyes play with class all the time, win or lose. They are gracious in victory and, in the rare times that we do lose (only once in the last 28 games), the coaches and players congratulate the other team afterwards.

It is just a game, after all. And, as the basketball announcer for the San Antonio Spurs used to say in signing off, "There will be another night."

sundevil
12-06-2004, 11:38 PM
Snyder,
Believe me we are trying to get our hands on every article written on you this year. The problem is that since we don't know the other teams you play we still really don't have a feel for what you are all about. The stats don't look impressive but that I believe is because of the kind of Ball you guys play. I am not knocking it I am just saying it isn't what we are use to seeing. Teams in East Texas that try to emulate that kind of ball get dirtrolled for the most part. There are exceptions such as Kilgore in 4A.

We have respect for your team we just aren't familiar with you as we would be with: Daingerfield, Atlanta, Tatum, Spring Hill, Pleasant Grove, Jefferson, etc...

Snyder_TigerFan
12-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Well, I posted an article about Dee Walker on this site. You'll be seeing alot of him! At least the back of his jersey!

westTXbest
12-06-2004, 11:59 PM
Well i dont know about all this, i think snyder will see the best team they have played all year this week so dont gets your hope up saying all u will see is the back of dees jersey, cause i can say that dangerfield team was better than any region 1 team we played in 02 and thats including that very good sweetwater team. Snyder just gots a lot of confidence right now and will be in for the game of there life this week, i dont think this snyder team is as strong as the previous region 1 reps, and soem of them got blown out when they played the region 2 teams. When Ya'll say well Greenwood did it against Dangerfield in 02, Well snyder isnt even close to being that Greenwood team.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-07-2004, 10:27 AM
Should be a very good game. Like I have been saying. Both teams are solid. I know more about Snyder since I have seen them play and they are very good at executing. Good at blocking for their back. Walker is a very good back, but by no means is he the best I have seen. He is fast and stong and he hits the holes well. The line really does a good job blocking for him and then he has the speed to get through to the seondary. The Tigers will try and control the clock and the ball. A lot of West Texas teams try and do this. They are more concerned about you stoping them on a 3 or 4 yarder than putting up a lot of points. Just run the ball down the field. Don't get me wrong though because Snyder will also throw the ball. I think #86 made several nice catches against IP. Nothing spectacular, just move the chains type of passes. 5 to 10 yards.

cameron
12-07-2004, 12:13 PM
A friend of mine was in the press box during the tatum-gilmer game and was near the coaches from synder. He said the coaches from synder were very, how could i put this; seemed, anxious, nervous, were scratching their heads at what they were watching, and im not saying this to start a big ruckus and I know it doesnt mean much at all, but it does stand to reason that maybe synder hasnt played a team that plays like gilmer does, where as gilmer has played some teams that play like synder. Im not talking whos better than whom. Im speaking of types of offense and defensive schemes. I would think with the one dimensional offensive scheme of running and barely any passing by synder (and i dont really need any replies to argue this point ive seen the stats on synders games this year) would be much easier to prepare for than the spread no huddle run-pass offense that gilmer runs. Someone posted earlier that gilmer has maybe one two at the most recievers that are capable. Well that just isnt the truth, there are several packages with multi-reciever groups that are run for gilmer depending on the situation for all play calling, you may have not been to all the games, by the way in the tatum game half of what you saw was scripted for that game from my understanding. The difficulty that I see for synder is in the preparation much more than for gilmer. I know it comes down to the kids on the field and im not making predicitions here. How does synder prepare and defend against something you havent played against, i guess thats my point...i would like to know from any synder fans if they have gone against a no huddle spread offense with multi-reciever packages, what defense does synder run, 4-3, 5-3 a cover two, do they send stunt packages or safety-corner blitzes much...not much out there to read about their play this year except for player stats.....Defense wins games, anyone know that gilmer has the #1 defense in class 3A in the state....

mustang04
12-07-2004, 12:18 PM
maybe they ran out of head and shoulders.....:D

Snyder_TigerFan
12-07-2004, 12:40 PM
LOL, head and shoulders.

And it's SNYDER not SYNDER.

cameron
12-07-2004, 12:49 PM
Please,, accept my appoligies for the miss-spelling of Snyder...although I was hoping for more of a response about the game...

Black_Magic
12-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Snyder has played Spread teams this year. they played a very good 4A playoff team ( Andrews ) and Iowa Park was a Spread team. Snyder tends to prefer playing spread teams as opposed to wish bone type teams. they have had good success with spread offenses because Snyder has good speed all around on the D and a good secondary with several people haveing 5 picks on the season.

I believe you were probably misreading the scouts impressions. Look Snyder has seen some firepower this year.. They have one of the toughest schedules in 3A this year. Beat Wylie ( in the championship ) Sweetwater, played twice this year, Iowa Park, Muleshoe ( they beat former #1 Perryton), Andrews 4A playoffs, Lakeview 4A playoffs, Lubbock Cooper 3A playoffs, Leveland 3A playoffs, Midland Greenwood 3A playoffs ( played them twice this year too as well!). Heck!!! the only teams Snyder played this year that didnt make the playoffs were two other district opponents ( who would have made playoffs in any other districts ) and one 4A team who has more speed than anyone ( Lubbock Estacado ). SO! The Tigers are Battle Tested. No pushovers anywhere on the schedule unlike others around:rolleyes: . the Snyder record is solid all the way through. SO I know for a fact that nothing the scouts saw suprised them in anyway . they expect to see a good team at this point in the season. Contrary to what you may think West texas does play the same kind of spread Offence you guys do. Heck Abilene High does it better than anyone. You may want to talk your self into security about Snyder but I can tell you that they are Battle hardened and will come to play. Buckle your seatbelts and bring your mouth piece!:eek:

wildbuck64
12-07-2004, 01:26 PM

THIS IS THE BEST POST ON THIS TOPIC......all we can do is talk and hash out stats....but its all good....thats what we're here for!!

cameron
12-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Well by no means was i thinking that they havent played anyone whom runs the type of offense gilmer does, thats why i was asking and merely said what i said......stating that i felt preparation for gimer's type of an offensive scheme would field more difficult if they havent played many teams whom run it. A simple football answer would have sufficed. My comment about the coaches from snyder were merely observations. As for your comment about strenth of schedule I agree that as far as the polls were concerned snyder plyed a tougher one as far as the polls are concerned, which poll that is and how accurate, I have no idea, but i have heard the same. I also read that the most prolific offense in the state of Texas in all classification was Decatur who was held to 13 points by Abilene Wylie who is playing Cuero in the Championship game in Div. 1 this week. Snyder beat this Wylie bunch by 4 in district play. My point was that in preparation for this game snyder will have alot more to prepare for rather than gilmer and that could be a difference in the game. I have no reason to "talk myself into security about snyder" and obviously they are a good team or they wouldnt have gotten this far. My post was merely an attempt to talk football more x's and o's...Where do you get wishbone from as well, curious to know more about the way they performed against these spread offensive teams since you know everything about those games could you give me a little more insight into the X's and O's....if you cant thats kewl and i appreciate your reply.....

wildbuck64
12-07-2004, 01:35 PM
i was at the snyder and sweetwater game....and did anyone else notice the penetration to the back feild that the tigers had...it was AMAZING...every play someone was in the backfeild messin plays up....

i think a big factor will be if the tigers can dominate up front on D like they did against s-water.....supposedly the QB is a HUGE part of the gilmer O.....and if the tigers can get in his face, the D will obviously be very successful!....

but ur in the semis....both are great....comes down to HEART & EXECUTION....

none of that other crap matters....just playin ball, and whippin the guy in front of u....simple as that!!

Black_Magic
12-07-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by cameron
Where do you get wishbone from as well, curious to know more about the way they performed against these spread offensive teams since you know everything about those games could you give me a little more insight into the X's and O's....if you cant thats kewl and i appreciate your reply.....
Both Sweetwater and Midland greenwood are both Wishbone teams. Andrews and Iowa Park are Spread Teams and Snyder dominated Andrews and handled IP well. It Must be simple this week planning for such a basic and one tracked mind oriented O like Snyders....:rolleyes:

cameron
12-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Both Sweetwater and Midland greenwood are both Wishbone teams. Andrews and Iowa Park are Spread Teams and Snyder dominated Andrews and handled IP well. It Must be simple this week planning for such a basic and one tracked mind oriented O like Snyders....:rolleyes:

OIC....did Snyder play a man to man or zone against the spread in those games, how many did they have in the box.....5 or 4 down linemen....nickle or dime secondary...did they get beat underneath any or deep....how many sacks did they have....did Andrews or Iowa Park run from the shotgun or any play action pass from the shotgun, how successful were they...just trying to get a feel for what snyder may do defensivly...hows the defensive downlinemen pass rushing....do they stunt much, rush a zone or play containment....I think the offensive run scheme that i have read about so far that snyder has is simple to plan for defensivly its just defending the offensive line blocking scheme and tackling the obviously good back that will be the tough part for gilmer. Since you brought it up what defensive scheme was the most successful against snyder this year...I would think 5-3 or a 4-3 with strong side corner blitzing or weak side safety blitzing was used alot against them since they run so efficiently.:thinking:

cameron
12-07-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by wildbuck64
i think a big factor will be if the tigers can dominate up front on D like they did against s-water.....supposedly the QB is a HUGE part of the gilmer O.....and if the tigers can get in his face, the D will obviously be very successful
none of that other crap matters....just playin ball, and whippin the guy in front of u....simple as that!!

I think your right about the defensive penetration against gilmer. The problem for most teams this year is that they have gotten that penetration at the wrong time...slip screens and qb runs up the middle have killed opposing teams. The qb for gilmer will sit in the pocket and pass or roll out and pass so trying to contain him in the pocket and then using a linebacker to spy has helped but if the linebacker misses which alot have hes gone....and with 5 recievers running good routes breaking the containment by the line has broken down the secondary alot against most teams and a short or long pass for score or long gains has been the norm. The snyder linebackers will be very much a deciding factor for them in this game i think. Should be fun to watch the matchups...

Black_Magic
12-07-2004, 02:17 PM
OIC....did Snyder play a man to man or zone against the spread in those games, how many did they have in the box.....5 or 4 down linemen....nickle or dime secondary...did they get beat underneath any or deep....how many sacks did they have....did Andrews or Iowa Park run from the shotgun or any play action pass from the shotgun, how successful were they...just trying to get a feel for what snyder may do defensivly...hows the defensive downlinemen pass rushing....do they stunt much, rush a zone or play containment....I think the offensive run scheme that i have read about so far that snyder has is simple to plan for defensivly its just defending the offensive line blocking scheme and tackling the obviously good back that will be the tough part for gilmer. Since you brought it up what defensive scheme was the most successful against snyder this year...I would think 5-3 or a 4-3 with strong side corner blitzing or weak side safety blitzing was used alot against them since they run so efficiently.:thinking: LOL the blitzed the water boy!.. dont think you going to get what your looking for. Hey but its ok ! you will see all you want Saturday:thumbsup:

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-07-2004, 02:17 PM
Cameron...I like your questions. I saw the Snyder IP game and what I noticed the most was the pressure that Snyder put on the QB. I think they were ruishing three (I could be wrong) and then they would blitz one or two. I seem to remember #50 playing very well. They have good speed on defense. I really didn't notice how fast Snyder was but I have seen IP play twice this year and I know they have some speed. The IP QB went to state in track the past two years (I think two years). They pretty much held him in check.

Anyway, I don't think they have played against any no-huddle teams which will cause them some adjustment problems. Naturally,m the game is going quicker. If they haven't faced it they will need time to get used to that type.

Snyder will try and play keep away and that is how they will deal with the Gilmer O. As far as Gilmer preparing for Snyder, I think it is the same old deal. They will line up and try and out execute you. They have very good linemen and they make their blocks. If Snyder can control the clock (run it down) and not make stupid mistakes (penalties, etc.) they stand a chance. If they try and get into a shootout, then Gilmer has the advantage. Gilmer is a good football team and Snyder has played several good football teams this year. Not sure that Gilmer has. Will that make a difference, don't know.

cameron
12-07-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Cameron...I like your questions. I saw the Snyder IP game and what I noticed the most was the pressure that Snyder put on the QB. I think they were ruishing three (I could be wrong) and then they would blitz one or two. I seem to remember #50 playing very well. They have good speed on defense. I really didn't notice it but I have seen IP play twice this year and I know they have some speed. Their QB went to state in track the past two years (I think two years). Anyway, I don't think they have played against any no-huddle teams which will cause them some adjustment problems. Naturally,m the game is going quicker. If they haven't faced it they will need time to get used to that type.

Snyder will try and play keep away and that is how they will deal with the Gilmer O. As far as Gilmer preparing for Snyder, I think it is the same old deal. They will line up and try and out execute you. They have very good linemen and they make their blocks. If Snyder can control the clock (run it down) and not make stupid mistakes (penalties, etc.) they stand a chance. If they try and get into a shootout, then Gilmer has the advantage. Gilmer is a good football team and Snyder has played several good football teams this year. Not sure that Gilmer has. Will that make a difference, don't know.

Thanks for a little more insight, nice to know someone appreciates a little more of the X's and O's instead of the trash talkin my daddy can whip your daddy kinda stuff, I really appreciate it....Well i have thought all year that a run team like snyder's was the only kinda team that would stand to stay in a game with gilmer if they were executing offensively and gilmer had a bad night defensively. So your insight into their offensive scheme is i think what everyone figures on. Defensively for snyder i think its hope gilmer has a bad night and snyders defense has a good one...lol sooo its pretty much a toss up...lol..Now i will say this about gilmers foes this year, they may not seem some of them anyway much on paper but they all came ready to play...and with the offensive schemes that some of them run similiar to snyder's those teams were the ones that stayed the closest. The thomas kid from spring hill whose brother is the leading rusher in the country in college is every bit the runner snyders back is believe me and he had a good game they just couldnt out shoot or stay with gilmer after he was pounded on for 2 quarters. He would make it to the linebackers, and they wouldnt take him down, they would stand him up while trailing linemen would come flying in and punish him..and it worked...so my guess is that gilmers defense will be trying to play snyders offense the way the played spring hill....that should be fun to watch as well....If you think of anything else id like to hear it...thanks again....

Manck
12-07-2004, 03:17 PM
By the way, www.LoneStarTeams.com will be broadcasting this game live from Texas Stadium, and after that, the game will be archived so that everyone can listen to it when they get home.

We will also be broadcasting 2A DivII semi between Troup and Lexington from Waco ISD on Friday night.

More info to be posted as the week goes on.

Time to finish cramming for my final....suuuuuuuuck.

Black & Gold
12-07-2004, 03:23 PM
A friend of mine was in the press box during the tatum-gilmer game and was near the coaches from synder. He said the coaches from synder were very, how could i put this; seemed, anxious, nervous, were scratching their heads at what they were watching, and im not saying this to start a big ruckus and I know it doesnt mean much at all, but it does stand to reason that maybe synder hasnt played a team that plays like gilmer does, where as gilmer has played some teams that play like synder. ....

I know those guys and I seriously doubt that Gilmer had them stumped! Maybe it was just boredom!!!

cameron
12-07-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Black & Gold
I know those guys and I seriously doubt that Gilmer had them stumped! Maybe it was just boredom!!!

Well if you know them, give them a hollar and find out what they were thinking and maybe their thoughts about the game saturday, now that would be way more interesting to hear about than what you wrote, i dont understand why you would even reply without knowing what they thought or were thinking, especially since you didnt have any other thoughts about the rest of the posts that came after that.....wow its amazing how almost everyone on this post has nothing to say about football between these two teams except for insults, my daddy can whip your daddy and crap like that..."sometimes its better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it"....

nutcrackin
12-07-2004, 03:59 PM
I know the two best coaches in the Phoenix Area whom hail from both East Texas and West Texas...... They are at Mesa High and Mountain View High in Mesa, Az..... home of Todd Heap, Adam Archuleta and Joe Germaine. They are Dennis and Jesse Parker. Dennis Parker coached Marshall Mavericks to the state 5A championship in 90 and from there went to North Texas... he was at Permian as the AD but has now moved to Az. and is coaching my fathers alma mater Mesa High. Jesse Parker coached Mountain View in their hayday in the late 80's and all of the 90's. He moved back to Texas to coach at Texas High in Texarkana and actually turned that program around in the mid 90's. He has since moved back to THE VALLEY of the Sun. I am a Buckeye from Gilmer and i know if Walker is from either of these programs then he is well coached before and currently.

nutcrackin
12-07-2004, 04:03 PM
What have you read or heard that i or others can confirm or deny?
You must have ?? because of the distances between the 2 schools.

Gilmer Buckeye
12-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Yeah, Z Motion, you're right. Gilmer mostly played 6-man teams in the regular season. It has been quite an adjustment in the playoffs to line up against teams that also field 11 players.

Black & Gold
12-07-2004, 04:37 PM
As if your, I know a guy who knows a guy who is related to the guy in the pressbox who saw the Snyder scouts comment isn't just hearsay! Practice what you preach!!!!

nutcrackin
12-07-2004, 04:40 PM
starters: #32 DT 6'0 225 4.7
#30 DT 5'11 215 4.6
# 33 DE 5'10 185 4.5

#12 OLB 6'5 220 4.6
# 2 OLB 6'1 185 4.5 K-State solid Verbal
# 3 ILB 6'2 195 4.5 Byu, Florida, Iowa
# 6 ILB 5'10 180 4.6

#28 CB 6'4 180 4.4 Miss. St. solid verbal
#4 CB 5'9 165 4.4
#8 SS 5'10 175 4.5
# 5 FS 6'0 188 4.5

On Offense: # 7 QB 6'2 185 4.4 solid vebal OU
Season stats: 3,500 yds passing w/ 40 TD's
900 yds rushing w/ 11 TD's

Dee Walker is fast and seems to be a good athlete. Your fullback will not affect this game.. too much penetration by our 46 defense, 52 defense or the 3-4 scheme....dee will have all cutbacks closed and looking for a sideline. Your Q-B must have some success for a close game....

Snyder_TigerFan
12-07-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by nutcrackin
I am a Buckeye from Gilmer and i know if Walker is from either of these programs then he is well coached before and currently.

Read the article about Dee if interested...
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23852

cameron
12-07-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Black & Gold
As if your, I know a guy who knows a guy who is related to the guy in the pressbox who saw the Snyder scouts comment isn't just hearsay! Practice what you preach!!!!

Really, the mention of that was merely to bring up the discussion, in which i made a point to point out; snyder and what types of offenses they have seen and havent seen, to follow with my comments about preparation being a key for both teams more so i feel for snyder than gilmer....it was used in hopes that someone would provide more information on snyder football X's and O's rather than to be a comment made in jest to start anything and if you had read the entire post and those that followed you would understand that....I also pointed out that it was merely and observation by a friend....you missed the point!!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Gilmer Buckeye:

You have to give it to Snyder as they have played some very tough teams. It will not be overwhelming when they face another tough team. 4-3A is by far the toughest district in the state hands down. I mean that is not even an argument. Then you throw in teams in non-district that are 4A playoff teams. Snyder has seen tough football this season.

Gilmer may have also played some good football teams too. But by no means anywhere close to the schedule that Snyder has played.

So why the 6 man comment?

cameron
12-07-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Read the article about Dee if interested...
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23852

Sounds like a real classy kid and one who deserves the accolades hes gotten....Thanks for posting that....

Gilmer Buckeye
12-07-2004, 05:19 PM
Well, I've just heard this knock so often all year and you paid the price for it. Sorry 'bout that.

The Buckeyes have heard for about three years now that we play a weak schedule. The fact is we play as strong a schedule as the coach can come up with. It's just that a lot of teams are now afraid to play us. Lindale was ranked No. 4 in 3A before the season started. They were overrated, but no one knew that when it was scheduled.

I know nothing about Region I or Snyder. I would not venture an opinion one way or another about the strength of schedules within that region. I guess we will have some resolution as to what is the truth by around 11 p.m. Saturday night.

As for 6-man, it'd be far more likely that Snyder would accidentally schedule a 6-man team since most of them are out that way.

PPHSfan
12-07-2004, 05:33 PM
I have a question.

IF Snyder and Wylie both get rolled this weekend, is the big bad disrict 4 still the toughest in the land "hands down". Where "nobody can argue" about it?:p

D-GOOD
12-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Hey PPHS Fan, how many teams from your district are left? How many made it to week 4 in the playoffs? I havent really paid any attention to your posts so I dont know who you are for and I dont know if your team is in it. If your team is still playing and they beat a 4-3 team, remember this is about the whole district not just the best team. If two 4-3 teams win the championships is everyone who talked about 4-3 going to come on here and admit they were wrong.

PPHSfan
12-07-2004, 06:05 PM
Hey PPHS Fan, how many teams from your district are left? How many made it to week 4 in the playoffs? I havent really paid any attention to your posts so I dont know who you are for and I dont know if your team is in it. If your team is still playing and they beat a 4-3 team, remember this is about the whole district not just the best team. If two 4-3 teams win the championships is everyone who talked about 4-3 going to come on here and admit they were wrong.

HUH?

nutcrackin
12-07-2004, 06:06 PM
I can't believe we are still talking about district records and who has the toughest district. We are 4 weeks past that and it comes down to the toughest Region. Atlanta (Region 2) was by far the most talented team around in 3A last yr. and most everyone has said that Gilmer rivals that team just with a better QB. 4 Div. 1 players committed already with outstanding coaching will be tough to beat. Region 2 has dominated Region 1 for the last 10 years.

LALK
12-07-2004, 06:06 PM
i'd like to see snyder pull this one out since they're from 4-3A...but i think it's going to be gilmer by A LOT

PPHSfan
12-07-2004, 06:10 PM
My point about the "toughest district" was to show that there is no way anyone can argue it one way or the other.

Folks for district 4 want the rest of the state to believe that since they had three teams still in the playoffs in week four they are "dominate".

So far only one team from district 4 has made it out of region 1.

Dominating your neighborhood is nice, but it does not make you a powerhouse.

If whipping everyone in your neighborhood made you dominate, Port Isabel would be a powerhouse program. :D

D-GOOD
12-07-2004, 06:21 PM
This is a question for the Gilmer folks. I know people are kind of going back and forth at each other from the two towns but this is not question like that. My question is at the beginning of the season did yall think yall would actually have a shot at the championship? I know that is everyones goal but usually teams no that they dont have a chance. I have been watching snyder all year and I knew we would make the playoffs but to be honest I didnt know we would be here. I am not saying we are lucky to be here at all because like Gilmer and the other 2 teams in D2 they all deserve to be here. Its just you always here about teams in east texas or in yalls case west or south texas and its like there supposed to be better or something like that. Its just you are not familiar with them or the teams they play. I told a player after the Abilene Wylie game that if they played the rest of the year like they did in the second half of that game that they could go all the way. They have been playing great football and if they continue to improve then I think they will. I am not saying they will roll over Gilmer or anything like that. I am strong for my team like yall are strong for your team. Its just been an awesome ride the Tigers have taken the fans on and were not ready for it to be over yet.

TOPS1435
12-07-2004, 07:29 PM
Any time multiple teams from the same district get three or four deep into the playoffs, you have to consider that district strong that year. Is that not the reason why we started having multiple teams go from a district?

The Gilmer coach said to me that Wylie-Sweetwater-and Snyder were co-champs. Whoooo!!! With the way the brackets are structured, two can get past the regional, but as Sweetwater and Snyder can testify, two teams from the same district cannot get past quarterfinals. Would it have been right for a flip of a coin to let only one go into the playoffs as we used to do? Even if that makes people say the playoffs are "watered down" I'm glad teams like Sweetwater and Snyder in 3A or Harleton and Big Sandy in District 19 A to eliminate the competition until they go head to head.

By the way Tigers, in District 13 3A, you would be the "big" school.

PPHSfan
12-07-2004, 07:34 PM
It would not matter if Gilmer went D1 or D2 this year as far as Gilmer goes. Of course there are several teams in region 2 that are happy they went D2 and twice as many more that wish they had gone D1.

TOPS1435
12-07-2004, 08:00 PM
D-GOOD

At the pre-season community pep rally, Coach Traylor declared the team's goal was to win state. This has been building all four years he has been back. (The coach played for the Buckeyes who played in the area round in 1985.)

To explain further Gilmer Buckeye's comment about six-man, we have gotten tired of being ignored out here.

2001: Gilmer predicted to finish district 4th
Result: undefeated in district, go to bi district

2002: Gilmer in a new district, predicted to finish 4th.
Result: undefeated in district, go to area and lose to Daingerfield

2003: Gilmer predicted to finish in the money but not first
Result: undefeated in district, go to Region II finals and lose to Atlanta to go 13-1. Score more against Atlanta than any other playoff competitor.

2004: Return 5 two-way starters from 2003 team. Had an undefeated junior varsity. Predicted to win district but not ranked in the pre-season 25 in Dave Campbell's Texas Football and other charts. The coach and the team started the season with an attitude that they had something to prove. They have gone one notch further, but they are not satified.

A few of those "weak" teams we played in non-district were picked to finish higher than they did. But if you look back, you see this is not the first time we have disappointed our neighbors.:rolleyes:

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-08-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by TOPS1435
D-GOOD

2003: Gilmer predicted to finish in the money but not first
Result: undefeated in district, go to Region II finals and lose to Atlanta to go 13-1. Score more against Atlanta than any other playoff competitor.

Dang you Gilmer guys are killing me.:) :)

In 2003 Vernon out of region I played the best game against Atlanta. Although Vernon's point spread was only 1 point better than Gilmer, Vernon had Atlanta on their heels midway through the 4th quarter. I believe it was 27-14 and Vernon had the ball at the Atlanta 5 yardline. Went out on downs. Underthrown pass to an open fullback. (I have the game film and have watched it about 50 times) Had Vernon made that it would have been 21-27 and would have been interesting. But the fact is that Atlanta was just a better team.

As far as a favorite for this game it is Gilmer. So I'm perplexed as to why some posters think that Gilmer hasn't received their due. (BTW I listened to the Gilmer Atlanta game last year on the radio. They had a broadcast of that game here in Vernon and although I'm out here in what some call West Texas I still knew about Gilmer).

The schedule thing is clear Synder has faced better teams than Gilmer. Nothing anyone can do about it. But that is a fact. Will it matter, don't know yet. If Snyder gets behind early, I don't think they will panic. But anyone who thinks that District 4 is not the toughest district in the state is how do I say this? Ignorant. Abilene Wylie playing for the DI title and Snyder playing in the semis. Sweetwater losing to Snyder last week by 1. Even if Wylie and Snyder both lose, no other district did what they did.

If both of these teams win state, then what can you say? Although I'm not from district 4 now I really want them both to win just for the fun of it.

:)

Gilmer Buckeye
12-08-2004, 09:52 AM
I'll concede your point. From everything I heard about the Vernon game, it sounded like Vernon was in the game longer than Gilmer was against Atlanta.

Gilmer-Atlanta was basically over by halftime. It was total defensive domination by the Rabbits, which no one thought was possible against last year's Buckeyes. Anything is possible on any given Friday night or Saturday or Saturday night (or Thursday night--don't wanna leave any out).

cameron
12-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Z, I think is right about the strength of schedule and I dont think that will ever change, this year or next etc. But Z your wrong about gilmer getting their due and they arent going to get it until they win the big game. gilmer's state game loss to cameron-yoe in 81 still haunts us. gilmer has since then never won the big game and i mean big game by concensus across the state. the tatum game was a big game for the area and earned them lots of respect but concenses wise accross the state its going to take them winning it all before they get it. The way its rolling out here at the end with jasper and liberty-hill if gilmer were to beat snyder and then win state i think the consensus wouldnt argue how good they are. I know Traylor tried to line up the toughest schedule he could get this year, and he played a lot of games on the road. I cant remember exactly but I think they only played three games at home. I think the reason why people on my side of the tracks get frustrated with talk about strength of schedule is that anytime a team from the area makes it this far thats the first thing other area people start hacking about and we hear it locally as well. And there isnt anything anyone can do about it, so its really a mute point to dwell on. Everyone should know that with kids anything is possible, just look at the movie friday night lights...i would draw analogys from previous games to discuss this one not the schedule, like thomas from spring hill compared to walker....snyder not facing a no huddle offense and how they did and what they did against previous spread teams....that would save you some angst from gilmer...lol....just a thought.....

Black_Magic
12-08-2004, 10:06 AM
I thought Snyder was a no huddle D. dont know if a no huddle O will make much diff.

Did Gilmer practice at Texas Stadiun yesterday? If so did they spend the night or drive back?

cameron
12-08-2004, 10:30 AM
I thought Snyder was a no huddle D. dont know if a no huddle O will make much diff.

Did Gilmer practice at Texas Stadiun yesterday? If so did they spend the night or drive back?

I heard they did practice, but didnt hear about them staying the night, I would doubt they did.

The no huddle offense should make some difference in this game. If you havent played against it or prepared for it properly, the problem is the defense has problems getting packages on the field for certain game situations and their constantly in motion except for the few seconds when the offense is getting their play assignments, they turn around and start running the play the defense has only a few seconds (start of the snap count to the end) to make their adjustments, very fast, and if a big play happens you dont have time to adjust the defense to that, so you end up burning a time out. For highschool its very impressive. I havent seen a team execute it as well as gilmer has this year, although im sure there are probably some out there.

TOPS1435
12-08-2004, 11:42 AM
I read, I think in the Dallas Morning News, that the no huddle offense in high schools movement started with Ennis and that they won state with it. Since then other teams have caught on.

I know that Gilmer has run it for 3 years now. I do not think it shocks teams as much as it did. I think we won some games in '02 and '03 because the other teams did not know how to adjust. It did not to be as much a surprise for the defenses this year. Maybe they see it from other teams as well.

In Upshur County, we have 2A and 1A schools running no huddle at least some of the time. One of those schools, Big Sandy, is playing Saturday night in Waco (but I do not remember them using no huddle. They are more pro-set.)

ScottH
12-08-2004, 11:56 AM
OK! I have read ALL the posts so far. I am not really partial to either team even though I went to watch Gilmer play.( I live in Dallas so I had to drive quite a distance) I've read about Gilmer's offense vs. Snyder's defense and vice versa! I've read about the Walker kid and his 1,000,000 yds. Snyder, I am sorry I absolutely do not see where you can win. I'm not knocking your team or your community and everyone likes to support their school and friends but, You are about to see the #2 offense and the #1 ranked defense in the state! You are talking about Sweetwater's speed? Gilmer's linebackers run those times! 4 div. 1 players on one team? Yea, you guys can run but, you will have to pass (alot) to even be in this game! I don't think anyone has passed on Gilmer All year! Ball control? maybe, I don't know. You guys will be lucky to be down only 3 tds. after the first! You guys are not fast enough to keep up on offense or defense. Walker will get some yards (under 100) but if your QB cannot pass for at least 300 or more, Gilmer wins 43 -14.

Black_Magic
12-08-2004, 12:05 PM
You may be right in the end. BUT that has been said for 3 weeks now about Snyder. those kids have gotten use to people telling them they are done. underdog for 4 weeks now. I bet they still come to play.

j_dog
12-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
..... I don't think anyone has passed on Gilmer All year! Ball control? maybe, I don't know. You guys will be lucky to be down only 3 tds. after the first! You guys are not fast enough to keep up on offense or defense. Walker will get some yards (under 100) but if your QB cannot pass for at least 300 or more, Gilmer wins 43 -14.
I think I saw Tatum pass on Gilmer. Just not nearly enough to overcome 60 points scored by Gilmer. :)

j_dog
12-08-2004, 12:56 PM
You may be right in the end. BUT that has been said for 3 weeks now about Snyder. those kids have gotten use to people telling them they are done. underdog for 4 weeks now. I bet they still come to play.
You are so right. The games have to be played. It is all about matchups and strategy and sometimes there are some big surprises. Good luck to both teams. :)

Snyder_TigerFan
12-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Ya know, the same type of things were said whenever we played Iowa Park (who also had an explosive spread offense). Just be ready to eat crow! I don't care if they have 4 div. I commitments, I hope their recruits are not at the game Sat., they might change their mind.

I believe it's going to be a good game and if we get ahead early, I think we will win the game. I think Snyder is being under estimated.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-08-2004, 01:09 PM
I agree with Cameron, I think that the no-huddle with be difficult to adjust to. May take the entire game, maybe the first half, mabe the first drive, but it will be different.

I also understand about scheduling: When you do well it is hard to get people to play you. I know that after Vernon sucessful year last year, it was difficult for the coaches to schedule 3A teams. Vernon played one 5A, and three 4A teams this year in non-district. I guess my point is that when you get into the playoffs, I feel like a team that has faced other really good teams is not shocked when they go up against a team that is that good.

The past two years Childress scheduled 2A non-district games. They went 7-0 until they hit Vernon, Graham and Iowa Park who were all three really good teams. Childress finished 7-3 and didn't make the playoffs.

How much difference does it make? Don't know. I do know that Atlanta was the best team that Vernon had faced last year and in the 1st half we were just on our heels. Then the 3rd quarter came, adjustments were made and Vernon made it a game.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-08-2004, 01:13 PM
This has been a good thread!

Manck
12-08-2004, 01:29 PM

Gilmer did practice at Texas Stadium Tuesday, but were back in town Tuesday night.

I'm assuming that Snyder would do something of the same nature, but that's a hell of a drive to go and come back. Are they just leaving Friday and doing a walk-through that night or something? I'm not trying to get "undercover info" or something, I was just wondering if Snyder's going to do anything to adjust to the crown on the field.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-08-2004, 01:31 PM
Gilmer did practice at Texas Stadium Tuesday, but were back in town Tuesday night.

I'm assuming that Snyder would do something of the same nature, but that's a hell of a drive to go and come back. Are they just leaving Friday and doing a walk-through that night or something? I'm not trying to get "undercover info" or something, I was just wondering if Snyder's going to do anything to adjust to the crown on the field.

Heck they run the ball. No need to adjust to the crown.

cameron
12-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Ya know, the same type of things were said whenever we played Iowa Park (who also had an explosive spread offense). Just be ready to eat crow! I don't care if they have 4 div. I commitments, I hope their recruits are not at the game Sat., they might change their mind.

I believe it's going to be a good game and if we get ahead early, I think we will win the game. I think Snyder is being under estimated.

I think your missing some of these peoples points, I'm sure everyone agrees that snyder has a good football team no doubt. I think some of us just would like to explore those finer details of what snyder and gilmer are up against and in no-way do i think anyone is underestimating anyone except for a few like you. (I dont think you really know what your up against) Back up what you say with some football talk (TELL US ABOUT THE IOWA PARK GAME, WHAT HAPPENED? WHATS THEIR SPEED LIKE ETC. WE DIDNT SEE IT OR HEAR ABOUT IT) instead of defensive childish blabber...Ohh FYI the college scouts were at the tatum-gilmer game..... and i hear that LSU's head coach was over at Kilgore HS and visiting others in the area for those interested. Im sure that if snyder wins those of us from the east texas area will be very gracious in our loss just like the teams on the fields will. I wonder if you can say the same for yourself if they win..

Manck
12-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Yeah, Sylvester Croom from Mississippi State was there to watch Tay Bowser (who's already a strong verbal for them) and I'm pretty sure that Tay stepped up to the occassion.

cameron
12-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Heck they run the ball. No need to adjust to the crown.

I think your right, but you would think they would want to get a feel for the turf, stadium look and feel for some passing..At least just to get some of the "wow" out of their systems. I thought someone had mentioned earlier in this thread or somewhere that snyder has played the last couple of games on natural grass? Man if this is the case i would really want to have at least one regular practice on that field if i could.....

Manck
12-08-2004, 01:42 PM
I think your right, but you would think they would want to get a feel for the turf, stadium look and feel for some passing..At least just to get some of the "wow" out of their systems. I thought someone had mentioned earlier in this thread or somewhere that snyder has played the last couple of games on natural grass? Man if this is the case i would really want to have at least one regular practice on that field if i could.....

Gilmer had been using the turf at Pine Tree lately to practice on the turf fields at Lobo Stadium, Greenville, and SFA, but with the crown at Texas Stadium, that they didn't take out from the old concrete turf, which makes no sense, EVERY team should practice on it before they play...even kickoff coverage changes. In parts, it's like you're running downhill. Not that I think Snyder will get to kickoff much, but you get the point.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-08-2004, 01:42 PM
I would also want to get the awe out. Heck I love the Cowboys and then to go into that stadium and play....Heck I'm excited just to go and watch a game there. Snyder played on turf grass two weeks ago. Last week I think they played on grass.

Manck
12-08-2004, 01:51 PM
From the pictures I saw last week, Big Spring wasn't just grass, it was BAD grass. Big adjustment from Big Spring to Texas Stadium in 8 days.

What's great is that this will be my first time to even get in the parking lot of Texas Stadium, my personal Mecca, and I'm going to get to call the game, and maybe even have some other hookups for the other two games. :) Once I finish writing this take-home exam, I will be a very happy guy.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-08-2004, 02:19 PM
From the pictures I saw last week, Big Spring wasn't just grass, it was BAD grass. Big adjustment from Big Spring to Texas Stadium in 8 days.

What's great is that this will be my first time to even get in the parking lot of Texas Stadium, my personal Mecca, and I'm going to get to call the game, and maybe even have some other hookups for the other two games. :) Once I finish writing this take-home exam, I will be a very happy guy.

Me too, I will be like a kid in the candy store.

cameron
12-08-2004, 03:23 PM
some statistics: credit goes to someone else for the gilmer stats i pulled the snyder stats that matched the categories off the abilene news paper web site, thought it might be interesting for someone....same amount of games it appears....
GILMER
1st downs= 282 (20 per game)
rushing yards= 2854 (204 per game)
passing yards= 3417 (244 per game)
passes= 242-360-9 (17-26 per game)
touchdowns= 36 rushing; 41 passing
total yards= 6271 (448 per game)

defense:
points allowed= 155 (11 per game)
rushing yards= 1401 (100 per game)
passing yards= 1310 (94 per game)
total yards= 2711 (194 per game)
turnovers recovered= 32
3 down conversion= 22%
4 down conversion= 22%

Snyder
1st downs= 224 (16 per game)
rushing yards= 3588 (257 per game)
passing yards= 1194 (85 per game)
passes= 153-68-7
touchdowns= ? rushing; 10 passing (only gave passing, indv. touchdowns only had Walker with 9 cant be correct)...lol
total yards= 4782

defense:
points allowed= 231 (16 per game)
rushing yards= 2001 (142 per game)
passing yards= 1343 (95 per game on 233 att. 116 comp.)
total yards= 3344 (239 per game)
turnovers recovered= 27
3 down conversion= ?
4 down conversion= ?

ScottH
12-08-2004, 03:28 PM
Yea, I am by no means underestimating your team. If they were not any good, they would'nt be playing on Sat. My point WAS the fact that Gilmer has more gifted players than Snyder. Is anyone being recruited? Good for you that you beat Iowa Park and Sweetwater, more than likely, Gilmer would have beat them also and by much worse. Can Snyder win this game? No. I am just telling you that Madison and Tatum and maybe even SpringHill had more team speed than you and look where they are at! Bottom line is... You may have a stud running back (see the above Tatum and SpringHill) but it will not be enough against the Buckeyes. You will need a balance of run and pass. Yes, Tatum DID pass on Gilmer but, They had Stephen Hodge. Madison got some long passes on Gilmer because their receivers were faster than Gilmer's corners. As far as I know, you guys don't have Hodge playing QB and you don't have receivers that fast. Do you guys expect a big fan turnout for Snyder? That could be very important considering Gilmer will probably have 15,000 at least!

nutcrackin
12-08-2004, 03:34 PM
For those Snyder or Buckyeye fans that would like to see what OU fans are saying about Manuel Johnson and also to view some highlights of him as a receiver last year here is the address.

http://www.ouboards.com/forums/showthread.php?p=139000#post139000

nutcrackin
12-08-2004, 03:48 PM
# 28 Tay Bowser of Gilmer 6-4 185 4.3 solid verbal to Miss. st.
last game 4 catches 170 yds. 2 td's.

Randy Moss esque...... i hope Snyder brings their track shoes..

WestTexasTiger
12-08-2004, 03:54 PM
To whoever asked if Snyder had players being recruited...the answer would be yes. Dee Walker is being looked at by several schools. Several of the other players are being recruited by various schools. Snyder has a very talented team, and alot of character. In a game like this character will be more valuable than anything else.

Gilmer fans don't be so confided that your team will just be able to score at will againist Snyder. The stats may not look as impressive as Gilmer's but think of the style of game being played. Gilmer has more yards per game and points per game because they pass more. Running the ball and running it effectively like Snyder does eats time off the clock and will keep an explosive offense off the field. Running will also lower your stats and not look as effective on paper, but the game isn't played on paper. This is going to be a close game with the team that controls the ball and holds on to the more winning.
Go Tigers!!

D-GOOD
12-08-2004, 03:58 PM
Snyder will probaly leave there track shoes at home and i will be real surprised if they even show up with all this speed and size and D1 talent and on and on and on. Whatever. I am usually pretty laid back and want to see a good game and no one gets hurt type of guy, but I really hope they stomp the mess out of Gilmer.

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Snyder will probaly leave there track shoes at home and i will be real surprised if they even show up with all this speed and size and D1 talent and on and on and on. Whatever. I am usually pretty laid back and want to see a good game and no one gets hurt type of guy, but I really hope they stomp the mess out of Gilmer.

WooHoo! :clap: :clap:

rhs78
12-08-2004, 04:01 PM
sounds like a few of the gilmer posters think that this one is wrapped up all ready,more talent more this and that,more of every thing, surley the players and coaches don't think this because i think Synder will show up ready just my opinion as an outsider.

cameron
12-08-2004, 04:38 PM
You have got to be kidding me the moment one guy, who doesnt even live near gilmer says that gilmer is gonna whoop your asses, you people come out of the woodwork to talk crap to anyone from the area.....look at the stats above that i posted for a break down between the teams, gilmer is only 600 yrds behind snyder in total rushing yards...break that down with a 50% passing and 50% running game and yes the paper looks good for gilmer rushing and passing...plus total points scored against....nobody on this thread who are saying they are from gilmer has disrespected your team and would gladly shake your teams hand and say "atta boy" if you won....buuut on the other hand someone gives you just an inkling of a chance to come out with out any football talk at all and you take it, to talk crap...sooo with that being said, not one of you and (you know who you are) has the know how to put anything down in here as far as football talk is concerned to back up what you say...I THINK THE BS IS BLOWIN IN FROM THE WEST NOT THE EAST...

Black_Magic
12-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Go back and read YOUR posts and Others from Gilmer. I believe you will see that your fans are just a little arrogant. If you will read snyders posts you will see that they have a good team and will come to play hard. they have a tough schedule and have earned the right to be here. Gilmer people seem to think Snyder does not have a chance and say all but just that. I have said it befor on here about this game. Your not going to win it with talking up your team no matter how bad you want to reasure you self.

I hope you dont mind but Snyder will show up Saturday and will not just concede the trophy to you just yet. Please forgive the tigers if they dont bow and scrape as gilmer takes the field. we will show up and play our caveman west texas football and do the best that we can. May the best team win.

3afan
12-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by WestTexasTiger
... Snyder has a very talented team, and alot of character. In a game like this character will be more valuable than anything else.

sorry ... speed will beat character every time

Manck
12-08-2004, 07:37 PM
Your not going to win it with talking up your team no matter how bad you want to reasure you self.

Sure doesn't hurt though. I don't think it's going to be a blowout if Snyder doesn't turn the ball over early. If they do, they're screwed. If Gilmer gets ahead early, they're screwed.

That's just what I see goin' down. I hope that Snyder is as defensive as some of you guys are. Then we might have a good game:cool:

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-08-2004, 08:59 PM
Wow....this thread just won't die.

Manck
12-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Yeah...it won't either...on smoaky last week, Gilmer/Tatum thread had over 15 pages by game time.

PPHSfan
12-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
WooHoo! :clap: :clap:

All of the Liberty Hill fans are pulling for you Snyder.

They don't want any part of Gilmer.:D

gtownpoke
12-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Should be a great game! Looking forward to playing yall this weekend. Gilmer got to practice at the stadium yesterday... I heard Snyder will be practicing there friday. Anyone know if this is true?

stateboundWR#5
12-08-2004, 11:53 PM
well to tell you the truth gtownpoke, we are glad to be playing you too, it is such an honor to be on the same field with such an amazing team. you guys are my heros, i am at a loss of words. i cant say it enuff, i am so thrilled about playing you guys, heck i would be thrilled just standing on the sidelines at a gilmer buckeye game. i just know yall are all gonna go to D1 schools, you guys are the best let me tell you. all i can say is wow!

please, if you think that the snyder tigers are gonna back down and be scared from all this wild talk yall are feedin everyone, you have lost your mind. it really doesnt matter if we practice there or not, by game time we will be ready. you are no different than us, you put your pants on the same way we do. you may have D1 recruits wow good for you, i hope the scouts are there saturday. who cares it doesnt matter you dont win games by telling everyone how good you think you are, on any given night any one can be beat! we will bring our "A" game...W.W.W.

Manck
12-09-2004, 12:02 AM
Wow...a player getting on the boards three days before a state semifinal game. No offense to anyone, but leve the internet geek trash talk to us, and get your rest, practice, etc. I would much rather you show me a good game on the field on Saturday night than you worrying about anything we say here.

And PM me...I have a question for you.

Black_Magic
12-09-2004, 07:56 AM
Yeah...it won't either...on smoaky last week, Gilmer/Tatum thread had over 15 pages by game time. Maybe that is how they do it. They try to convince the other team they dont have a chance:clap: Really you gilmer folks realy are arrogant folks when it comes to your team. I hope your team feels the same way. I dont believe at this point I would be thinking Snyder is going to win hands down. Heck its the Semis!

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-09-2004, 09:55 AM
I don't think they (Gilmer Fan) are arrogant folks, I think they really believe that this game is a "no brainer" for them. I must say that three years ago Vernon played little ol' Perryton. I think they must have about 6,000 in the city. Well we have 12,000 in Vernon and heck I couldn't even find Perryton on the map. We also had a running back that was DI material (Bernard Scott). We trashed Wylie in bi-district and were rolling. I posted all kinds of trash talk on an Amarillo board.

Until we lost to the little ol' Perryton that had no stars, no DI recruits. That was my first crow eating. So I'm guessing that this is similar.

By the way, Cameron has been trying to talk football X's and O's and several Snyder fans have tried to argue with him when he really was just trying to find out about what Snyder has. Don't fault him for that.

cameron
12-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Thanks Z, but it doesnt matter I dont think anyone is willing to talk about this game that way because they would have to think too much. I do have a question for the snyder people to see if they heard what im hearing over at smoaky's board...
Quote "Has anyone heard anything about Snyder trying to have UIL disqualify Gilmer for going to Texas Stadium on Tuesday and practicing. Their argument is that Gilmer practiced longer than UIL allows. They are including the time it took to drive to the stadium and back. " End Quote

Black_Magic
12-09-2004, 11:03 AM
I dont know anything about that. BUT. Travel time to and from practic does count against the 8 hour a week practice limit ( after school is let out ). if it is after school lets out. and If it takes 2 hours to get to your pactice location then that would have to be taken into account with the coach and he is suppose to count that as part of the 8 hours.. That Is the UIL rule..Surely the Gilmer coach knows that. Travel time to the game or location to play the game is excluded. I bleieve the game will be good. No need to distract anyone with talk about things like this. Its going to be a great game.

cameron
12-09-2004, 11:38 AM
I dont know anything about that. BUT. Travel time to and from practic does count against the 8 hour a week practice limit ( after school is let out ). if it is after school lets out. and If it takes 2 hours to get to your pactice location then that would have to be taken into account with the coach and he is suppose to count that as part of the 8 hours.. That Is the UIL rule..Surely the Gilmer coach knows that. Travel time to the game or location to play the game is excluded. I bleieve the game will be good. No need to distract anyone with talk about things like this. Its going to be a great game.
Well i was just interested, cause i cant seem to find that rule...ive read the uil restrictions on practice and it doesnt say that...yes the game should be good im really interested in snyders o-line...and the 3-3 defense they run, we dont see much of that over here...wonder if they will change that up for this game....

nutcrackin
12-09-2004, 11:40 AM
December 9, 2004
Bowser lighting it up in the playoffs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Haralson
BulldogBlitz.com Recruiting Analyst

Coach Sylvester Croom made his way through Texas this week on a recruiting trip, so naturally Gilmer was a predetermined stop. Bulldog commitment Tay Bowser is in preparation for what he hopes is one of his last two games of his high school football career, but took time out of busy schedule to meet with State’s leader and to introduce him to his mother. The visit went ahead just as planned.

bux_supporter
12-09-2004, 11:44 AM

I agree with cameron on this one. I just took at look at the rule too and didn't find a statement that travel time IS included.

WitchyWoman
12-09-2004, 11:57 AM
Hey just wanted say thnx to PPHSFAN and everyone out there pulling for the Snyder Tigers, we really appreciate the support!

Black_Magic
12-09-2004, 12:06 PM
I believe the rule just deals with total time that the palyers are kept or out at work out . it is supose to include any time they are kept with coaches from the time school lets out until they are released to go home. With the exceptions coming on the weekend , holidays, and travel time to and from the game destination. I was not aware there was a question. I how long was the Gilmer team gone from Gilmer Tuesday? I read somewhere that they got back Tuesday night.

cameron
12-09-2004, 12:37 PM
I believe the rule just deals with total time that the palyers are kept or out at work out . it is supose to include any time they are kept with coaches from the time school lets out until they are released to go home. With the exceptions coming on the weekend , holidays, and travel time to and from the game destination. I was not aware there was a question. I how long was the Gilmer team gone from Gilmer Tuesday? I read somewhere that they got back Tuesday night.

Well thats what i had thought, but the rule does not say anything like that, and when you add the rules for missing classes with extracirricular activites for practice and games during school time (with consent from administrators) and then you throw in the non-school time, the whole thing is open to intterpetation i think. I read it as a school can not forceably create time of more than 8 hrs in a school week for after school practice, but kids can use things from the school to practice more than that, of thier chioce on their time. Really interesting informal and formal wording used in that there rule book....lol

DaHop72
12-09-2004, 02:20 PM
cameron, I have been trying to get activated for two days to respond. I don't know why no one from Snyder will discuss the team itself. They are truly a classy bunch of kids with alot of heart. On offense we run the wishbone, we run a triple option out of the I, we pass the ball as well. We do run the ball predominatly. We don't just have just Dee, our fullback is Chad Brown, a great blocking fullback and a good runner as well who is just not called on to run very much. We have 3 very skilled WR not with the speed that you guys seem to possess, but with good speed and hands. On defense we have run everything from a 2 man front to a 5 man front, it all depends on the team we are playing. Since both teams have swapped film it's not like this helps the coaches. Hope this helps you a little. Ask me any other questions and I'll do my best to answer.

nutcrackin
12-09-2004, 02:36 PM
BUCKEYE FIELD HOUSE HAS RECEIVED A FAX FROM SWEETWATER SAYING "BEAT SNYDER". THAT'S ODD THAT THEY WOULD BE ROOTING FOR A TEAM NOT IN THEIR DISTRICT OR REGION. I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT TEAMS AROUND HERE RESPECT AND EXPECT GILMER TO BRING THE TITLE TO EAST TEXAS AGAIN (ATLANTA).

cameron
12-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
cameron, I have been trying to get activated for two days to respond. I don't know why no one from Snyder will discuss the team itself. They are truly a classy bunch of kids with alot of heart. On offense we run the wishbone, we run a triple option out of the I, we pass the ball as well. We do run the ball predominatly. We don't just have just Dee, our fullback is Chad Brown, a great blocking fullback and a good runner as well who is just not called on to run very much. We have 3 very skilled WR not with the speed that you guys seem to possess, but with good speed and hands. On defense we have run everything from a 2 man front to a 5 man front, it all depends on the team we are playing. Since both teams have swapped film it's not like this helps the coaches. Hope this helps you a little. Ask me any other questions and I'll do my best to answer.

Appreciate your reply....I saw some pics at your schools website of the games yall have played...man that #72 Early kid is a house...#50 McNatt whats your take on him....do any of the o-line play both ways?....someone said you guys havent played a no huddle offense before...whats your take on that...I finally found out what kind of offense you guys run by reading the abilene paper and my local paper yesterday...lol...do you feel snyder has more of a preparation conundrum on defense than gilmer does since the offenses are at the opposite ends of the spectrum...meaning run easier to prepare for rather than pass......again thanks for your thoughts and ideas...

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-09-2004, 02:44 PM
I was most impressed with #50 when I saw him play IP. He is a good player.

DaHop72
12-09-2004, 03:05 PM
cameron, McNatt is real tough kid, he was playing both ways early in the year but was injured. Robert then moved into his spot on the offensive line. I think now the o-line only plays one way. I didn't make all the out of town games this year but I don't recall playing a team that ran the no-huddle the entire game. We played some time that ran it every now and then. We played several teams that ran the spread alot. I personally think that it is easier to decide what defense to run if a team is predominately a run oriented team. Since the playoffs we have ran a lot of differnt schemes and have run the spread some ourself. So, I think if you gear up with 8 in the box or something like that, there is always the possibility of forcing adjustments throughout the game.

Question to you. Is the slowest player on Gilmer's defense really run a 4.7 40???

Manck
12-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Question to you. Is the slowest player on Gilmer's defense really run a 4.7 40???

I don't really trust many high school 40 times, seeing as none of the schools have the stuff that the NFL combines have. However, your statement wouldn't surprise me. The team speed of Gilmer's defense doesn't get the credit that it should because the fastest kids are SO FAST and will knock the crap out of you when they run into you.

Only two more days....how's everybody's heart holding out?

DaHop72
12-09-2004, 03:16 PM
manch, sounds like both teams like to bring the leather. We have some guys on our kick-off teams that remind a guy a litttle of Captain Crash (Cliff Harris of the Dallas Cowboys for you youngsters) and they seem to enjoy it.:doh:

cameron
12-09-2004, 03:31 PM
cameron, McNatt is real tough kid, he was playing both ways early in the year but was injured. Robert then moved into his spot on the offensive line. I think now the o-line only plays one way. I didn't make all the out of town games this year but I don't recall playing a team that ran the no-huddle the entire game. We played some time that ran it every now and then. We played several teams that ran the spread alot. I personally think that it is easier to decide what defense to run if a team is predominately a run oriented team. Since the playoffs we have ran a lot of differnt schemes and have run the spread some ourself. So, I think if you gear up with 8 in the box or something like that, there is always the possibility of forcing adjustments throughout the game.

McNatt looks tough, only a tough kid would shave is head bald in highschool...lol.....Gilmers o-line only goes one way too...they arent as big as you guys but i do have to say they are strong and im most impressed with their execution and technique, if you get to the game early for warmups you should watch them really technique driven, impressive i have thought. Yea someone said you guys played Iowa Park and they ran a spread with no huddle some of the time..how much success did they have in passing....the biggest problem this year i have seen with teams we have played even ones that have played and seen more of that type of offense is getting guys on the field and into position for the next play and making their reads or keys....without using up timeouts....how did snyder do it in the other games....they actually call it an open offense i call it spread....i mentioned earlier in this thread i thought the linebackers would play a big role for you guys whats the speed like there, cause the qb breaks the line like the wind on run blitzes or they run a motion man draw with pulling guards something you might key on while watching.

As for your question....I would have to say that I can believe it...My son went to the summer camp they put on and hes a lineman for 6th grade team....I went everyday to the camp and all the kids from 4th on up were there. Those that were there (linemen) wise for the highschool were very fast, they arent big as in weight wise they are just big strong kids..they have a freshman on the line named snow i think and he is a man-child for sure.....kid name terrance lovely cant remember his number is on the d-line and he is all over the field...Spring hill had a running back like you guys have and the linebackers would stand him up and all you would see is lovely flying in with his head down...that kid is a punisher really....thomas by the end of the second quarter was walking back to the huddle, although he did come back in the 3rd quarter strong on their scoring drive but you could tell he was just physically beat up....very physical defense just like you guys....

Manck
12-09-2004, 03:37 PM
Lovely (#8) better not be flying in there TOO hard, seeing as he's the starting running back. He had a hell of a game against Madison, and the way Manuel was passing, he didn't need to have much of a game against Tatum...good kid though. Transfered in from Ore City. As good as he is, I don't see how OC didn't win last year, or lose more this year since he was gone....

DaHop72
12-09-2004, 03:39 PM
We gave up passes underneath to IP, used somewhat of an umbrella defense and avoided the big play. I think you will be impressed with Dee, he is one of those kids that is still as strong in the fourth quarter as he is in the first. He takes a hit real well.
Most of our guys are not huge, they have just really been dedicated and hit the weights hard. Sounds a lot like your o-line.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-09-2004, 03:41 PM
Snyder's LB are good with speed. Iowa Park had Swenson at Qb who made his living scrambling around. Not only would he just take off and get 20 yards, but he would just run around back court if you will until her got a receiver open and then throw it on a rope to them. Now Swenson also ran the designed draw several times but just couldn't really make it happen against Snyder. Swenson went to state last year on the IP relay team. He is very fast. He is not all that big and he is not being recruited by any Colleges. Too bad. So would say that the Gilmer Qb will be better than Swenson. But somewhat similar in his approach, which Snyder did a nice job containing him.

They also held Thompson (QB) of Sweetwater, who is another one of those scrambeling types. He also went to state in track last year. Snyder also played Kennum of Wylie who is an excellent QB. Great arm. So It should be a great matchup. I'll be at the game. We need to start a meet and greet thread.

Manck
12-09-2004, 03:43 PM
If memory serves me correctly, Madison outweighed Gilmer's O-Line by 50 pounds a man. Didn't seem to matter much. That's not a bash against any of the other teams lines' but Gilmer seems to negate weight differences on the line, both ways.

DaHop72
12-09-2004, 03:47 PM
Z Motion, I think you pretty much hit on the head. Always good when someone on the outside has a good perception. Sometimes those who live in the towns tend to have tunnel vision.

cameron
12-09-2004, 03:57 PM
Lovely (#8) better not be flying in there TOO hard, seeing as he's the starting running back.

Ooops.^ hes right.....my bad there...it might be Mario Venters im talking about #32? jeez cant remember anyway its not lovely...

dont get me started on gilmers kicking game, they finally changed it up at the end of the season and i have been really impressed, but if i had to pick one thing that i think has plagued them all season it would be the kickoff team. Madison tried to eploit it and failed with their speed so i finally changed my mind...lol

Soo they played more of a zone against IP...thats where gilmer throws mostly is underneath...That should be interesting to watch....thats gonna be dangerous leaving manuel room to run like that....i reckon you guys will have at least two spys in that kinda formation....most have played it that way...

here is a link to local newspaper if your interested in reading write ups on the last couple games....http://www.gilmermirror.com/index.php?CATID=2

Yeah, im already impressed with the walker kid, seems like a real classy tough dedicated kid, if he werent on the other team i would probably be rooting for him. has he gotten many letters of interest from any div1 colleges? he looks like he would make a great div1 defensive back...safety-free safety...

DaHop72
12-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the link, will read the articles. I know Dee has had some offers, for sure from Tech. Don't know if they see him as a Wes Welker type or not. The defensive back is a good read as well, depending on who we have played he has played some D-back as well.

cameron
12-09-2004, 04:30 PM
DA if you go to the very bottom of the link to the info on the spring hill game you will see #32 mario venters flying in on thomas...bout the only dang good pic on that site of the games..the web mistress is a local lady and shes not that spectacular at fixing up their web site...lol...

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2004, 04:41 PM
BUCKEYE FIELD HOUSE HAS RECEIVED A FAX FROM SWEETWATER SAYING "BEAT SNYDER". THAT'S ODD THAT THEY WOULD BE ROOTING FOR A TEAM NOT IN THEIR DISTRICT OR REGION. I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT TEAMS AROUND HERE RESPECT AND EXPECT GILMER TO BRING THE TITLE TO EAST TEXAS AGAIN (ATLANTA).

Just how old are you anyway? :rolleyes: Your profile says 30. :thinking:

nutcrackin
12-09-2004, 05:19 PM
Just how old are you anyway? :rolleyes: Your profile says 30. :thinking:
Are you lost???? i believe the LH and Jasper thread is elsewhere...

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2004, 05:20 PM

Oh, thank you sooo much for pointing that out. :rolleyes:

TheDOCTORdre
12-09-2004, 05:23 PM
Thats very humorous where did you get that information?

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Thats very humorous where did you get that information?

(Dre....in case you didn't get it...you're not allowed to post on here. I won't tell anyone if you don't. Shhhh! :D )

TheDOCTORdre
12-09-2004, 05:26 PM
(Dre....in case you didn't get it...you're not allowed to post on here. I won't tell anyone if you don't. Shhhh! :D )
(whispering) thanks for the heads up LHPM

DaHop72
12-09-2004, 05:29 PM
Hey Mom, think nutcrackin may be fudging on his age!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2004, 05:31 PM
Maybe born in 94 instead of 74. ;)

Ranger Mom
12-09-2004, 06:17 PM

Are you brain damaged?? LHPMom can post on this and any other thread she wishes!!

And I don't believe what you said about Sweetwater for one second!!

I'm not from Snyder, Gilmer, Liberty Hill or Jasper....but I will darn well post wherever I feel like!!

SO THERE!!
http://kit.netpoets.net/fullmoon.gif

sundevil
12-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Okay.....lets be a little less touchy....

Hey folks, Gilmer is a metropolis of 5,000 people. If Coach Traylor scratches his butt we all know about it. There is nothing going on in that field house and on the practice field that isn't known by everyone in 30 miles within the hour. Not sure if Snyder is this small but if you are you can probably relate to this kind of information leaking out of the field house.

I am 33 and live in longview (20 miles south of Gilmer), graduated from Gilmer in 89 and there isn't much that happens in that town dealing with football that isn't known and known quick. We love our Buckeyes just like you love your Tigers.

mustang04
12-09-2004, 10:30 PM

i guaruntee u that didnt happen

its so stupid that some ppl would go to that extent to just lie....just stupid:mad:

TOPS1435
12-09-2004, 11:16 PM
No one is lying. When you get so many emotions involved you will get conflicting opinions.

I did not see the fax in the dressing rooms, but the coach's secretary pointed out to me a message on the office door on red paper (I do not know if that is signifcant) with a large drawing of a mustang. I do not remember the exact wording but the sentiment was that the author (no name given) wanted the Buckeyes to win.

She pointed it out in a surprised way. I had to do a double take to realize that it was from someone from Sweetwater or at least a Sweetwater supporter.

Yes, traditionally we have encouraged people to support members of their district when they advance. But teenagers can be so emotional, that it is not impossible to imagine that some who were so proud of the win earlier in the year are bitterly disappointed that they lost last week.

Someone reminded me (when I went over the top) last week, it is in Iraq and Afganistan that people are dying. What we are getting so emotional about is a game, an important game, but a game.

footballgal
12-10-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
.....If whipping everyone in your neighborhood made you dominate, Port Isabel would be a powerhouse program. :D
What are your trying to say?

Where is Pilot Point anyways?

Black & Gold
12-10-2004, 09:19 AM
I wouldn't say that it definitley did not happen, but even us people in Snyder think that Sweetwater people have more class than that.

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by TOPS1435
I did not see the fax in the dressing rooms, but the coach's secretary pointed out to me a message on the office door on red paper (I do not know if that is signifcant) with a large drawing of a mustang. I do not remember the exact wording but the sentiment was that the author (no name given) wanted the Buckeyes to win.

She pointed it out in a surprised way. I had to do a double take to realize that it was from someone from Sweetwater or at least a Sweetwater supporter.

The red paper should be a dead giveaway that this was not someone from Sweetwater. Unless Gilmer is a fairly well-to-do school district, they do not load red paper in the fax machine. Typically, colored paper is more than white, unless you're buying high grade white paper. Maybe it's someone from Gilmer ISD trying to fire up the players. :thinking:

Ranger Mom
12-10-2004, 09:44 AM
I still think the majority of Sweetwater, district 4-3A...heck, even Region 1 is 100% behind Snyder.

I know I am, and they beat our team TWICE.

The fact that the fax was on red paper (and you don't know the significance) really seems fishy now.

Unless it was SENT on red paper FROM a color fax to another color fax, there is now way for it to be printed on color paper unless red paper was what was loaded into the receiving fax machine.

GO TIGERS!!!

GREENWOOD IS BEHIND YOU 100%!!

cameron
12-10-2004, 10:06 AM
Its Chrismas time the coaches secretary has red, green and white paper loaded in her fax machine as well as in other places, soo when she recieves a fax whatever colored paper is loaded thats what its printed on. The validity of the fax could be verified simply by looking at the top left corner where most fax machines have a (from:) number and then a (to:) number, thats if it recieved the code from the sending fax to print the (from:) number, some machines dont they only send the (to:) number to print....soooo whith that out of the way (Let's PLAY SOME FOOTBALL YEAH).........cant waite to see that Walker kid in action...but Gooo Bucks!!!!

cameron
12-10-2004, 10:28 AM
For some of you whom ive spoken with from snyder thanks for replying to my interest in your team....someone from gilmer posted this link on another thread and for those of you whom ive spoken with and would like to see some film clips of the gilmer vs tatum game and listen to one of our classy kids in an interview check this out...i think you will enjoy it....

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2669216&nav=1TjFU054

nutcrackin
12-10-2004, 11:08 AM
It is so nice to be beloved by all you West Texans. I got back on this morning and was shocked by the anger this fax stirred up. I was simply sharing information with you that clearly made you guys angry. I am not sorry for it so get over it. Fax or no fax (b.t.w. there was one) those Bux are going to come calling in T - 34 hours... time to strap it up or pack it in... Good luck to both teams and may it be an injury free ball game.

mustang04
12-10-2004, 11:13 AM
The red paper should be a dead giveaway that this was not someone from Sweetwater. Unless Gilmer is a fairly well-to-do school district, they do not load red paper in the fax machine. Typically, colored paper is more than white, unless you're buying high grade white paper. Maybe it's someone from Gilmer ISD trying to fire up the players. :thinking:

thats what i think it is.....i mean...who would look up Gilmers coache's fax # anyways.....stupid

Black & Gold
12-10-2004, 11:49 AM
There are some Gilmer people here with legitimate posts and arguments. Then there are those who just want to stir things up. Those are the ones that it is just best to ignore.

TheDOCTORdre
12-10-2004, 11:56 AM
When I think about it, its not that far fetched that Gilmer got a fax from Sweetwater wishing them good luck(not hope that they would win just good luck), and I bet Snyder probably got a fax from Sweetwater as well with the same sentiments

Black & Gold
12-10-2004, 12:00 PM
I know that there was a card from Coach Jackson wishing the Tigers good luck. I remember seeing it hanging on the wall in the field house. I know it was there because I thought it was a classy thing to do. It wasn't however a beat the buckeyes message, just a general good luck message.

cameron
12-10-2004, 01:11 PM
Hey does anyone know where there are any video links or clips or any write-ups on snyder football...besides the abilene newspaper....i cant find anything else.....thanks in advance...

DaHop72
12-10-2004, 02:47 PM
http://www.reporter-news.com/abil/sp_fb_high_school[/URL]

There are video clips and articles as well at this site

cameron
12-10-2004, 02:51 PM
http://www.reporter-news.com/abil/sp_fb_high_school[/URL]

There are video clips and articles as well at this site

Yaa DA, ive been there buddy but i cant get my mouse on anything more than a couple of write-ups....could ya give me any direct links to video or specific articles..i must be a brain farting or something...lol...thanks again for the reply....

DaHop72
12-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Did you go to the KTXS videos on the left?? It has some highlights of Snyder, Sweetwater and Abilene Wylie.

cameron
12-10-2004, 03:28 PM
OOOkkky i see now...thanks....yuuup wasa brainfarin there...thanks

nutcrackin
12-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Tatum put up 35 because of the 34th rated ATH in the nation based on rival100.com. Hodge is a man-child at 6-1 220 4.4 No one in 3A ( Gilmer included ) can match up with this guy. You just treat it like a heavy weight fight and put a helmet on him every chance you get. After viewing the Wylie and Muleshoe highlights on the local Abilene news website, i say gilmer by as many as they want. Snyder's D-Line will be sucking the humid air in Texas stadium with hands on their hips trying to stop a no huddle, fast breaking offense like Gilmer's. They are too big to play that style.

gtownpoke
12-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Just wanted to say good luck to the Tigers and my Buckeyes tomorrow. Everyone be careful on the roads and lets show each other lots of respect and class tomorrow night. Once again good luck yall and have a good time!

TOPS1435
12-10-2004, 07:28 PM
I agree that I hope everyone will get to the game and back home safely. It should be an exciting event.

However, for those who did not understand, I never said the letter from Sweetwater was a fax. In fact, I said I had NOT seen the fax that was in the dressing room.

The item I saw was 3-folded like it arrived snail mail. I did not take it down to check. It appear to be on paper such as people use for Christmas letters. The most prominent item on it was a 6" high Mustang such as might be used around the campus. The point of my posting was to say that something not a fax had been sent, but whomever sent it did not give a name.

In almost 24 hours we will begin to resolve who will go to the next level. May every player play to his potential and no fan or player suffer any injury. Via con Dios,

TOPS1435

swatersenior
12-11-2004, 12:16 AM
I heard Iowa Park and Sweetwater was to much for Snyder and they are still around, there D has allowed 7, 13,7, and 20 points in the playoffs against some high powered offenses with speed especially Sweetwater so I doubt anyone has to much for the Tigers. It will come down to turnovers and execution from both teams.

I dont think you can say that snyder was just an overwhelmingly victorious team lol the district rivals took yall to the ropes lol GO SNYDER represent for District 4-3a

Ranger Mom
12-11-2004, 12:19 AM

This is where we got the "FAX" information from!

swatersenior
12-11-2004, 12:22 AM

Bring it.

We never said they just had speed those guys will knock ur lights out dont be talkin mess about the sweetwater backfield ask anybody that got their head knocked off by joseph banyard or alan copeland

swatersenior
12-11-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by westTXbest
Well i dont know about all this, i think snyder will see the best team they have played all year this week so dont gets your hope up saying all u will see is the back of dees jersey, cause i can say that dangerfield team was better than any region 1 team we played in 02 and thats including that very good sweetwater team. Snyder just gots a lot of confidence right now and will be in for the game of there life this week, i dont think this snyder team is as strong as the previous region 1 reps, and soem of them got blown out when they played the region 2 teams. When Ya'll say well Greenwood did it against Dangerfield in 02, Well snyder isnt even close to being that Greenwood team.

How do yall figure yall only beat us because mychal fumbled right in the middle of the redzone close to the end of the game

swatersenior
12-11-2004, 12:33 AM
Well by no means was i thinking that they havent played anyone whom runs the type of offense gilmer does, thats why i was asking and merely said what i said......stating that i felt preparation for gimer's type of an offensive scheme would field more difficult if they havent played many teams whom run it. A simple football answer would have sufficed. My comment about the coaches from snyder were merely observations. As for your comment about strenth of schedule I agree that as far as the polls were concerned snyder plyed a tougher one as far as the polls are concerned, which poll that is and how accurate, I have no idea, but i have heard the same. I also read that the most prolific offense in the state of Texas in all classification was Decatur who was held to 13 points by Abilene Wylie who is playing Cuero in the Championship game in Div. 1 this week. Snyder beat this Wylie bunch by 4 in district play. My point was that in preparation for this game snyder will have alot more to prepare for rather than gilmer and that could be a difference in the game. I have no reason to "talk myself into security about snyder" and obviously they are a good team or they wouldnt have gotten this far. My post was merely an attempt to talk football more x's and o's...Where do you get wishbone from as well, curious to know more about the way they performed against these spread offensive teams since you know everything about those games could you give me a little more insight into the X's and O's....if you cant thats kewl and i appreciate your reply.....

Cameron ask Glen Rose said the same thing when they played sweetwater.........58-20 that spread offense definitely is amazing

swatersenior
12-11-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by wildbuck64
i was at the snyder and sweetwater game....and did anyone else notice the penetration to the back feild that the tigers had...it was AMAZING...every play someone was in the backfeild messin plays up....

i think a big factor will be if the tigers can dominate up front on D like they did against s-water.....supposedly the QB is a HUGE part of the gilmer O.....and if the tigers can get in his face, the D will obviously be very successful!....

but ur in the semis....both are great....comes down to HEART & EXECUTION....

I hear he's amazing but if they are in the back field i know very well HE IS NOT BETTER AT RUNNING AWAY then our QB was becuase Thompson is crazy fast i promise if ur O line lets the back there he will be in trouble

swatersenior
12-11-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by ScottH
OK! I have read ALL the posts so far. I am not really partial to either team even though I went to watch Gilmer play.( I live in Dallas so I had to drive quite a distance) I've read about Gilmer's offense vs. Snyder's defense and vice versa! I've read about the Walker kid and his 1,000,000 yds. Snyder, I am sorry I absolutely do not see where you can win. I'm not knocking your team or your community and everyone likes to support their school and friends but, You are about to see the #2 offense and the #1 ranked defense in the state! You are talking about Sweetwater's speed? Gilmer's linebackers run those times! 4 div. 1 players on one team? Yea, you guys can run but, you will have to pass (alot) to even be in this game! I don't think anyone has passed on Gilmer All year! Ball control? maybe, I don't know. You guys will be lucky to be down only 3 tds. after the first! You guys are not fast enough to keep up on offense or defense. Walker will get some yards (under 100) but if your QB cannot pass for at least 300 or more, Gilmer wins 43 -14.

I dont think u can diss Sweetwaters backs w/o seeing them i dont think your defense would have shut them down like u would like to assume

Buckeye80
12-11-2004, 01:19 AM
I've had a week now, and I'll say this. I've studied, observed, watched, thought, and contemplated. Gilmer wins this one by the final score of:

43-18

I just don't think Snyder has the athletes to match up. Call me a homer, but I'm a realist. I thought (not hoped) that Atlanta would beat us last year, and they did. I don't think Snyder can win this game without a monumental collapse on Gilmer's part. I really don't!

Gilmer vs. Jasper (sorry LH)
2004 3A Div II State Finals

Buckeye80
12-11-2004, 01:23 AM
I thought (not hoped) that Atlanta would beat us last year, and they did.

And yes, before someone goes back and finds it, I predicted a Gilmer win vs. Atlanta last year. I was just caught up in the midst of a 13 game winning streak.....okay???? LOL:D

rhs78
12-11-2004, 09:53 AM
JUST WANT TO WISH BOTH TEAMS GOOD LUCK SHOULD BE A GREAT GAME

Holmes_Fans
12-11-2004, 10:35 AM
The shirt will be under the big miller light sign at half time. Come sign it

http://img16.exs.cx/img16/826/beer1ya.jpg