PDA

View Full Version : Positive Smack

Bullaholic
12-04-2004, 08:30 PM
I kinda like to copy a little positive smack between fans of
competing teams. I think it is an integral part of the game--especially in a tradition-rich football enviornment such as Texas and serves a healthly purpose when conducted within the proper boundaries. I say this because I think some folks think that any "smack" talking is bad or negative and really tend to take any smack-talker to task in a hurry. Actually, I think the best fans are intensely loyal to their teams and love the oportunity to "brag" on them. Of course, all of us understand that if you are going to "serve up" a little positive smack, that you had better be able to take it if your team gets beat. I would also like to remind younger fans that you have to be mature enough to conduct any positive "smack" talking within the bounds of good taste and sportsmanship and never become personal in your exchanges. As for "smack" talking by actual high school players, I think you know that coaches really frown on this behavior, and I agree that you should leave any "bragging" to the fans and show your stuff on the field. How do you feel?